Leicester sign new midfielder What does it mean for our boys

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Leicester sign new midfielder What does it mean for our boys

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Midfielder Adrien Silva has finally joined Leicester City, after the Premier League club missed the deadline to sign him in August by 14 seconds.

Fifa rejected the 28-year-old's move from Sporting Lisbon in the summer as the paperwork arrived too late.

The Portugal international has been training with Leicester throughout the winter to maintain his fitness.

His £22m deal was completed on Monday, but he is not eligible for the Foxes' home match against Huddersfield.

Speaking about the four-month wait for the move to be approved, Silva said: "When you have a period like this, it's very up and down.

"You have to keep a positive mentality and that's what I've tried to do. I've kept my mind focused on my job and what I love to do."

Silva, who was born in France, has won 20 international caps and was part of the Portugal squad that won Euro 2016.

"It's been very frustrating, but now the difficult times are past me and I'm very happy to be close to my goal," he told LCFC TV.

"I've been working hard every day to arrive at this moment and I'm in good shape.

"It's been very important to keep training because it's a long time not playing. There is nothing better than the game."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/42533449
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Leicester sign new midfielder What does it mean for our

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He's an attacking mf, it mean nothing to our players. Might actually be good for Nacho
OCCUPY NFF!!
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Unless he is a great passer of the ball, scoring two goals in three years wont cut it at LCFC unless you can play defense.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Nothing. No one is benching Ndidi in his current form, and he is not in competiton with Nacho and/or Musa.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Let us assume this guy is a great passer/playmaker who can orchestrate things in the last third, Leicester could go into the second half of the season looking like this:

**********************************Vardie*****************************************

***************Albrighton/Gray********************Mahrez*******************

****************************************Silva**************************************

*************************Ndidi********************Iborra**************************

***Fuchs*************** Maguire**************Morgan**************Simpson***

***************************************Schimechel********************************

Looks pretty formidable to me. Musa clearly has to move on and as per Kelechi, his only hope is to start playing better than Gray and Albrighton!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Ndidi is untouchable.
He will likely compete with Okazaki. The only thing it means is that

BTW Slimani starts, no Vardy in sight, while Iheanacho is on the bench (but so is Ulloa).

One thing is obvious - at least one striker needs to go, because Leicester can't even give one second-choice striker proper playing time, but they have three.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

So just because 1 Nigerian is a starter and two are bench warmers in a useless bottom of the table English league, man no go hear word?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Undertaker wrote:So just because 1 Nigerian is a starter and two are bench warmers in a useless bottom of the table English league, man no go hear word?

Are you reading yourself? Leicester are former champions and currently in eighth position.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Undertaker wrote:So just because 1 Nigerian is a starter and two are bench warmers in a useless bottom of the table English league, man no go hear word?
Leicester at 8th... Far from bottom of the league.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lmao @ “let us assume!” :lol: that’s the level of discuss in CE nowadays! Wow! :lol:

Anyway, Adrien Silva is a CM. He is like Joao Moutinho, a CM with playmakng abilities and hustle. With Puel, he can either play in front of Iborra and Ndidi or bench Iborra. He doesn’t have the capacity to replace or bench Ndidi
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Ndidi is unbenchable. The DM is now also the last position where Leicester needs any backup or upgrade.\

The only reason Leicester would replace him is because some big club jumps in to buy him out for big cash.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Slimani did OK, but no goal.
Pretty obvious that Adrien Silva will get a run out, but a big chance we'll see Iheanacho as well.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Ndidi meanwhile in beast mode for Leicester.
At one point I even saw the Huddersfield midfielders running away from him :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

What would you say if "Lester" loses Mahrez this January?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Ndidi with two posts in two game. Hope he finally gets his goal :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marutimon wrote:Ndidi meanwhile in beast mode for Leicester.
At one point I even saw the Huddersfield midfielders running away from him :)
Ndidi is still not of the caliber of Jake Livermore. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I watch Leicester a lot. NBC seems to have a thing for their games. I reckon Ndidi and Schmeichel are the most secure members of that team...even more than Vardy sef
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I watch Leicester a lot. NBC seems to have a thing for their games. I reckon Ndidi and Schmeichel are the most secure members of that team...even more than Vardy sef
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Untouchables in the Leicester team

Kasper Schmiechel
Wes Morgan
Harry McGuire
Wilfred Ndidi
Javed Maheez
Jamie Vardie

Everyone else is fighting for five slots
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Mahrez is leaving, this window or come summer transfer window. He and Vardy rumored transfer is the reason Leicester keep stocking up on strikers
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Ndidi is one of the players in our NT that is safe at his club. Silva would either play as the furthest forward midfielder in a midfield 3 or as a CM ahead of Iborra. Iborra lacks pace and better suited as a CM than a DM. Leicester don't have a quality back up for Ndidi.

He is the player I'm least worried about. I actually think Ndidi will get picked up by a bigger club in England or Europe. Iheanacho and Musa need to move as they won't get playing time at Leicester.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

TheHitman47 wrote:Ndidi is one of the players in our NT that is safe at his club. Silva would either play as the furthest forward midfielder in a midfield 3 or as a CM ahead of Iborra. Iborra lacks pace and better suited as a CM than a DM. Leicester don't have a quality back up for Ndidi.

He is the player I'm least worried about. I actually think Ndidi will get picked up by a bigger club in England or Europe. Iheanacho and Musa need to move as they won't get playing time at Leicester.
Moving does not guarantee they will get playing time either.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

He may not get as much playing time but where he's at he will have a lot of playing time.