Musa and Iheanacho for Turkey?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Musa and Iheanacho for Turkey?

Post by Tobi17 »

Nah, not a good move abeg... I would rather Nacho just grinds it out in Russia this summer and play his best football like his life depends on it, a good world cup will definitely have top clubs hawking around to sign him.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

TheHitman47 wrote:I don't have a problem with Musa going to Turkey but I do have a problem with Iheanacho going to Turkey. If it doesn't work out he will be much worse off than before. He needs to go to France, Germany or the Netherlands.
Beskitas would pay Iheanacho a higher salary than he would get in France, if the team in not PSG.. In Germany since not going to Bayern i dont think the pay would be attractive either. Iheanacho had always prioritised his UK citizenship stuff over good moves.. After his time time at man City, he had good offers from Monaco,and some other reputable clubs in Europe, but he choose an English Option..
If nacho is to move, he should move to any club that plays the ball on the ground, with good build up play, not the long ball team or a team full of running or always looking to play counter attack, by now he should be Wise enough to understand his strength and the type of teams suitable for his strength..
afc##
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

chuks69 wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:I don't have a problem with Musa going to Turkey but I do have a problem with Iheanacho going to Turkey. If it doesn't work out he will be much worse off than before. He needs to go to France, Germany or the Netherlands.
Beskitas would pay Iheanacho a higher salary than he would get in France, if the team in not PSG.. In Germany since not going to Bayern i dont think the pay would be attractive either. Iheanacho had always prioritised his UK citizenship stuff over good moves.. After his time time at man City, he had good offers from Monaco,and some other reputable clubs in Europe, but he choose an English Option..
If nacho is to move, he should move to any club that plays the ball on the ground, with good build up play, not the long ball team or a team full of running or always looking to play counter attack, by now he should be Wise enough to understand his strength and the type of teams suitable for his strength..
At his age he should be focusing on playing and not pay if he has ambition of improving his game.

Leicester is starting to play their game with possession and build up play, City under pep played that way and he could barely get in. Part of the issue is the player, he needs to improve, we see this in national team, hence why Ighalo normally picked over him.

Also most of the teams that play good build up play in England that would take him are either in the top 6 which none of them would be looking at him as a #1 option or have a striker. He needs to leave the country but not go to Turkey.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

First off, this may be a loan.
Second off, most important right now for Iheanacho is to play football. At this point he needs to rebuild his reputation and a Champions League team would be great for that, especially a team that just sold their striker, one that is very similar to Iheanacho at that.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Besides - right now it seems that Besiktas went for Slimani, ahead of Iheanacho.

Slimani for one thing was just mistreated at Leicester. Despite lack of playing time he proved he's a great striker. But even he couldn't dump Vardy to the bench.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

marutimon wrote:Besides - right now it seems that Besiktas went for Slimani, ahead of Iheanacho.

Slimani for one thing was just mistreated at Leicester. Despite lack of playing time he proved he's a great striker. But even he couldn't dump Vardy to the bench.

Leicester will more likely keep him. Also I monitor the Leicester boards a bit and look at the way the team is playing and they look like they are leaning towards playing a traditional striker which would suit Slimani. Also they are playing more possession football which over time would suit Iheanacho as well.

That being said, he does need to improve his first touch. If he doesn't improve that, not many teams will want him.
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

vancity eagle wrote:Musa I can understand but Nacho should be aiming above Turkey.

Besiktas will likely be eliminated from the Champions league very soon. Nacho should look to France, Germany.
I quite agree with you but not France. I would rather choose Spain, Germany and Holland.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

If Nacho is not wanted in France, Germany, Spain, etc. he can't pick and choose. If Besiktas is offering him a chance of regular 1st team football on loan that it is a brilliant move. If he's able to start scoring the goals and build his reputation and confidence, Leicester would be stupid not to start him long term. He's a young player that should be focused on football. CL football also on offer. Great move in my opinion.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Blukyt wrote:If Nacho is not wanted in France, Germany, Spain, etc. he can't pick and choose. If Besiktas is offering him a chance of regular 1st team football on loan that it is a brilliant move. If he's able to start scoring the goals and build his reputation and confidence, Leicester would be stupid not to start him long term. He's a young player that should be focused on football. CL football also on offer. Great move in my opinion.

ah ah...if Nacho can't "choose" Spain, Germany or France, he should just choose of Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool...or even manage Arsenal. Choices full ground....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marutimon wrote:First off, this may be a loan.
Second off, most important right now for Iheanacho is to play football. At this point he needs to rebuild his reputation and a Champions League team would be great for that, especially a team that just sold their striker, one that is very similar to Iheanacho at that.
Did i hear you say championship? Man mi at the championship they run all day....hard running for 90mins. Even me that oncr played the game i simply open my mouth in awe at the amount of running required of the players. Take time to watch their matches,they usually show live ones on Friday...they run all through! To play in the championship you need Pace, Heading ability, Tackling ability(yes even attackers divr in) and finally skills. But you wont have time so you must be snappy with it.

If he cannot do it at Leicester,he wont do it in the championship....if i was to advice him, it is time he looks to France and yes even Turkey (if one of the big clubs comes calling)

In this game your stock can drop rapidly if you dont manage yourself very well. The problem here are those parasites called agents.....they would sell a player to any club as long as their commission is right.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

oloye wrote:
marutimon wrote:First off, this may be a loan.
Did i hear you say championship? Man mi at the championship they run all day....hard running for 90mins. Even me that oncr played the game i simply open my mouth in awe at the amount of running required of the players. Take time to watch their matches,they usually show live ones on Friday...they run all through! To play in the championship you need Pace, Heading ability, Tackling ability(yes even attackers divr in) and finally skills. But you wont have time so you must be snappy with it.

If he cannot do it at Leicester,he wont do it in the championship....if i was to advice him, it is time he looks to France and yes even Turkey (if one of the big clubs comes calling)

In this game your stock can drop rapidly if you dont manage yourself very well. The problem here are those parasites called agents.....they would sell a player to any club as long as their commission is right.
Kelechi is getting too much benefit of doubt on this forum. Everybody else is being blamed except him, ....coaches, agents, team mates, etc. The guy simply doesn't work hard enough and has this atrocious first touch. In today's game, every player has defensive and offensive duties including the goalkeeper!, and if Kele does not improve his overall body of work, he is toast at the highest level. The era of the tap-in master is gone.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

[/video]

In light of some the comments disparaging the lads ability....

As Mikel said in a recent interview posted, every players needs an arm around him from time to time... Pep never believed in him and Leicester has relegated him to a bit part player...at his age that will definitely knock his confidence. Thankfully, Rohr still sees him for what he is worth..

Big Sam has a penchant for African players, West Ham have some decent ball players, Rafa needs more firepower, with it being a WC year he just has to be a bit careful choosing where he decides to go next.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

We all know Iheanacho is more than a tap in master...
He can score from anywhere in the field.
His first touch is also being overstated. Its not good (and actually used to be better pre-Guardiola).

Yes, Iheanacho needs to work, but you guys are getting on my nerves with oversimplification and negative exageration.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I'm yet to be convinced on this 'poor first touch' chorus everyone is singing. I am open to persuasion but I am just not convinced the evidence is there.

The other thing I'm struggling with is how this so-called 'first touch' can abandon a player just because he is playing senior football.
- The laws of motion and gravity remain the same.
- The ball is no heavier and does not move any faster or differently.
- His foot-eye coordination shouldn't be any worse than it was as a youth player.

We are talking about first touch, not what he is able to do with the ball thereafter - which would obviously be subject to the level at which he is playing and the quality of the opposition.
First touch is a pretty basic skill.

The only thing I can really contemplate is a lack of confidence. We've always said Kelechi is a confidence player. Take that away from him and you've taken away a significant chunk of his game.

I might be reading too much into things but I believe his subdued (in fact, lack of) celebration after that marvellous free-kick vs Argentina said a lot about what is going on inside his head. That joy of scoring seems to have deserted him. I could be wrong but I think he needs that 'arm around him' as Mikel has said and a psychologist wouldn't be out of order.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

marutimon wrote:We all know Iheanacho is more than a tap in master...
He can score from anywhere in the field.
His first touch is also being overstated. Its not good (and actually used to be better pre-Guardiola).

Yes, Iheanacho needs to work, but you guys are getting on my nerves with oversimplification and negative exageration.
Bros, CE is the la la land of football, people see all kinds of imaginary things on their tv.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I have 2 words for all the doomsday prophets writing Iheanacho's professional career obituary .....VICTOR MOSES. I bet no one now remembers how we wrote him off during his loans spells.

I think Iheanacho need to get his head in the game, but I don't think he is worse than any of the players starting ahead of him now. I think he needs to shake off the Man City experience and focus on his future.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Mr Shows wrote:[/video]

As Mikel said in a recent interview posted, every players needs an arm around him from time to time... Pep never believed in him and Leicester has relegated him to a bit part player...at his age that will definitely knock his confidence. Thankfully, Rohr still sees him for what he is worth..

Big Sam has a penchant for African players, West Ham have some decent ball players, Rafa needs more firepower, with it being a WC year he just has to be a bit careful choosing where he decides to go next.
The statement that Pep never believed in him is a big lie! Pep liked the kid. I recall him showering him with praise during the pre-season. Even when Aguero got injured, Kelechi was the undisputed starter under Pep. That was his chance. Perform, and Aguero would have been sold and Man City today would be Kelechi and Jesus team.
However, I remember the game against Swansea I think. He got the start, and he missed 3 clear cut chances in the first half alone and gave the ball away cheaply a few times. He was pulled at halftime, and that was the beginning of the end for him at Man city. Kelechi has only himself to blame.
Same thing at Leicester. He got a chance to play alongside Vardy. To show that the big money young player could firm a deadly partnership with the main man. Did he grab the chance? No. He was poor, and Okizaki proved better in that role.
Let's speak the truth. Kelechi has had opportunities and he has fluffed it!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Blukyt wrote:If Nacho is not wanted in France, Germany, Spain, etc. he can't pick and choose. If Besiktas is offering him a chance of regular 1st team football on loan that it is a brilliant move. If he's able to start scoring the goals and build his reputation and confidence, Leicester would be stupid not to start him long term. He's a young player that should be focused on football. CL football also on offer. Great move in my opinion.

ah ah...if Nacho can't "choose" Spain, Germany or France, he should just choose of Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool...or even manage Arsenal. Choices full ground....
Abi you no see :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

bushboy wrote:

The statement that Pep never believed in him is a big lie! Pep liked the kid. I recall him showering him with praise during the pre-season. Even when Aguero got injured, Kelechi was the undisputed starter under Pep. That was his chance. Perform, and Aguero would have been sold and Man City today would be Kelechi and Jesus team.
However, I remember the game against Swansea I think. He got the start, and he missed 3 clear cut chances in the first half alone and gave the ball away cheaply a few times. He was pulled at halftime, and that was the beginning of the end for him at Man city. Kelechi has only himself to blame.
Same thing at Leicester. He got a chance to play alongside Vardy. To show that the big money young player could firm a deadly partnership with the main man. Did he grab the chance? No. He was poor, and Okizaki proved better in that role.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Funny how our people blame everyone else but our players. I do not see them blaming West Ham over Joe Hart's fate or Arsenal over Olivier Giroud. When a player is given an opportunity and fails to take it, he can only have himself to blame!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Situations such as these just highlights the unique brilliance of John Mikel Obi and his long stint at Chelsea FC. There was a time that JMO and John Terry were the players in Chelsea that had the longest playing experience and even then the fans were singing his name from the terraces.

I think Musa and Kele are the kind of players that find it very difficult to maintain a high performance level or carry huge team responsibilities on their shoulders. They are the kind of players that coaches need to cuddle every time they observe their performance levels dropping. If you look at Man City today, Kele could not fit in, because of his tendency of a poor first touch, losing the ball or hitting the pass wrongly. Pep has drilled these same error features out of Raheem Sterling and Sterling has responded superbly. Such players cannot be trusted at the highest levels unless they improve. The expectation on VicMo today is heightened by a waiting Zappacosta wishing to slot in if performance levels drop.

If it has to be Turkey for Musa and Kele to find their lost mojo, so be it. Alas though, the chances of coming back to the limelight from Turkey is remote. Once they drop from EPL to Turkey, top managers across Europe will view them as "turkeys" and will not want back.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Trust me sir, any player waiting for wrap your hand around me coach might as well take up the game of roulette in the management of his career.

The boy has quality especially when it comes to what to do in the box....for me as an observer his game lack intensity..and by this i mean the ability to go through all the motions of the game, on and off the ball. Take his running style for example, i always say to myself there is no way anyone can run like that and sustain it . By this i mean chase the ball back and break away at the same time. If he sprints in one direction, it is almost certain he will be jogging back in the other direction, dont know if it is stamina. He is not that bulky so i really cannot figure that one out.

The second is the rate at which he topples over, it is almost as if his right foot is not strong enough to support him, as soon as his body feels a resitance he goes down.

He does the 2 v 1 pretty his greatest asset when it comes to beating opponents....but when it comes to dribbling...he struggles, his lack of acceleration to get away completely means that even if he beats his opponent on the dribble, a tenacious opponent can still recover and challenge him again.

His greatest asset , which remains phenomenon is his finishing ability, especially the way he strokes the ball while perfectly putting the ball at angles that you know that as soon as the ball leaves his feet it is a goal.

If he was playing as Arsenal he would thrive, the reason being the team plays in pockets of spaces, unless when they are on the counter and save for one or two players..their system of play does not require players doing those lung bursting runs to get the ball. Their ability to patiently pass the ball around especially in the third quarter looking for opening in the opponents defence plays to Kelechi's strength.

The City under Pellegrino play similar patter, but with Guardiola, he wanted more movements outside and inside of the box, the reason why Kele was released...heck even Aguero came under threat.

The boy has what it takes, but his game needs a heck of rebranding right now.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

bushboy wrote:

First off, Kelechi did take his chances. At least most of them.
Your timing is all whack.

1st start - 10th September 2016 - started vs Manchester United, got a goal and an assist (MCity won 1:2)
2nd start - 17th September 2016 - started vs Bournemouth, got a goal and an assist
3rd start - 15th October 2016 - started vs Everton - no success there
In the meantime picked up 2 goals and 1 assist as a substitute in 6 games.
He did have two cup games where he failed to score or assist, but he gave the goods in the EPL.

Fresh after scoring a goal that earned Manchester City a goal vs Southampton and gave Iheanacho the record of best goal per minute striker in EPL history... then he suddenly frozen out of the team with one minute of football for over a month. Up until that moment it looked like the sky is the limit for Iheanacho.

Then Aguero gets injured and after not playing for over a month he's given 58 minutes to perform vs Leicester, where despite almost scoring twice and not being responsible for the loss. After that he's given two more starts, where he scores one tremendous goal against Celtic and gets 45 minutes in the other. He gets 14 more substitute appearances, mostly for 1-7 minutes, scores 2 more goals and his downward trend is completed.

I accept Kelechi did not suit Guardiola's game, but Iheanacho was maybe not playing the way Guardiola wanted, but he was giving the results. And then suddenly November happened when Iheanacho was shut out of games, after having a great October.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
1naija wrote:I don't think our players should go to Israel, Greece, turkey, Belgium and other low level retirement leagues.
Do u have a job for them in yoboland?
Like 50 cent once said, not all dollar is a good dollar. Not every job is a good job. They should be going to Turkey to retire like the great yobo did. Eventhough he could not help but singlehandedly lead Fenerbahce to the most coveted title is all of Europe ...the then Turkish league title.
you look up to 50 cent...shame no dey catch you? you fit born 50 cent 2ce
Bigpokey24 - the yeyeman! Please be informed quoting someone does not mean one is looking-up to who is being quoted, rather the quote is used to reinforce the point the other (writer or speaker) is trying to make.

Bigpokey24, the one with CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Please go back to school
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.