“GK cliché” said Txj. “£67M deep” said Klopp. Alisson nno!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Oga Coutinho breaks the 100M barrier. @Tx, nno!

Post by marutimon »

To be honest Liverpool does just fine without Coutinho.
Last season Mane was the main man, this season Salah.
When all four of Mane, Coutinho, Salah and Firmino were playing then Liverpool was leaking goals like crazy and they looked darn fine when Coutinho wasn't even playing,

What Liverpool needs ASAP is Naby Keita to come in though.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Mahrez to Pool??

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Coutonho is expected to rest Iniesta during the week, while Iniesta plays the CL games. Iniesta can no longer perform in both at a high.
Kabalega wrote:He's not even eligible to play in the Champions league. :shock:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:Mahrez to Pool??

to play in what position?

they also have lallana and keita in the summer
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

when Liverpool paid 10 million for Coutinho, Wenger and his fanatics thought that was too much money...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:when Liverpool paid 10 million for Coutinho, Wenger and his fanatics thought that was too much money...
Na 8 million not 10 sef.I remember some here said we don't need him,Jack and z boy are better....
Dam Liverpool make proper profit she.
100million cash upfront,Is Liverpool bringing anyone else this window to replaced the guy or OX will step in his shoes?
OX is the most happy man in this deal more playing time for him
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:Mahrez to Pool??

to play in what position?

they also have lallana and keita in the summer
ill have Mahrez in a shot!
He is quality, better and quicker than Lallana.
Will need to up his workrate though
We need to replace the creativity Coutinho brought...
Not sure about Lemar as I haven't seen much of him
YNWA
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Coutinho is a baller, but man....these prices are Krazie
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I saw a stat and Liverpool did slightly better without Coutinho in the team. Very good money for an 8 million player. Llana and Keita can do the job; Liverpool just totally scammed Barca.

As for Checkbook Barca, what else is new? Very corrupt club. :D
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

So he's already at Barca???? :shock: Chai! Barca just routinely lay that pipeline for Loserpool to incubate their kids till delivery. I hope Loserpool is still young enough sha. :rotf:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote:So he's already at Barca???? :shock: Chai! Barca just routinely lay that pipeline for Loserpool to incubate their kids till delivery. I hope Loserpool is still young enough sha. :rotf:
Bro, you see how fast it took the kid to run? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Before they even typed up the transfer notice for their website, he was already in Spain. He also announced today that Suarez had obtained a house for him some weeks ago. Who no like better thing!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
Coach wrote:@Chief Oga Tx, losing a talisman midseason, big boy in the eighties, small pikin today?
Strange tbph...thought a deal was being done ahead of a summer move, esp as he's cup tied for the CL.

But Klopp believes the team to be well positioned without him for the 2nd half of the season. Still makes little sense to me.

Talk is about a deal having been set up for Mahrez and/or Lemar; or that Lallana and Ox would fill in.

Either way still makes not much sense to me. But Klopp sanctioned this, and it has nothing to do with big boy, small boy crap...

They just paid the most money ever for a defender!

You and ur love for cliches...
Yep, the timing is odd - Coutinho must have really wanted to leave.

I said in the summer that Klopp probably wanted Coutinho out after the transfer request was made. Klopp is unlikely to want to retain a player who's made it clear he wants out - team harmony is very important to Klopp.

You have to wonder about the timing though - Liverpool didn't have to sell in January and a deal could have been made for a summer transfer - you have to wonder what role Nike played in this.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
felarey wrote:So he's already at Barca???? :shock: Chai! Barca just routinely lay that pipeline for Loserpool to incubate their kids till delivery. I hope Loserpool is still young enough sha. :rotf:
Bro, you see how fast it took the kid to run? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Before they even typed up the transfer notice for their website, he was already in Spain. He also announced today that Suarez had obtained a house for him some weeks ago. Who no like better thing!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If both clubs were on equal footing in every footballing regard, players would likely still choose the city of Barcelona over Liverpool. It's a bit of a disadvantage for England.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
Coach wrote:@Chief Oga Tx, losing a talisman midseason, big boy in the eighties, small pikin today?
Strange tbph...thought a deal was being done ahead of a summer move, esp as he's cup tied for the CL.

But Klopp believes the team to be well positioned without him for the 2nd half of the season. Still makes little sense to me.

Talk is about a deal having been set up for Mahrez and/or Lemar; or that Lallana and Ox would fill in.

Either way still makes not much sense to me. But Klopp sanctioned this, and it has nothing to do with big boy, small boy crap...

I said in the summer that Klopp probably wanted Coutinho out after the transfer request was made. Klopp is unlikely to want to retain a player who's made it clear he wants out - team harmony is very important to Klopp.

You have to wonder about the timing though - Liverpool didn't have to sell in January and a deal could have been made for a summer transfer - you have to wonder what role Nike played in this.
He did... apparently he paid £11 million pounds of his own money towards the price in order to meet LFC valuation...
He really wanted to leave that badly. Maybe Barca had given an ultimatum that it was now or never.
YNWA
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

heavyd wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:

He did... apparently he paid £11 million pounds of his own money towards the price in order to meet LFC valuation...
He really wanted to leave that badly. Maybe Barca had given an ultimatum that it was now or never.
Still.... ultimatum or not, Liverpool held all the cards - especially as it's a World Cup year.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: “GK cliché” said Txj...”£67 large” said Klopp. Alisson n

Post by Coach »

Liverpool have completed the signing of Alisson Becker for a fee of €75m (£67m), subject to the Roma goalkeeper passing a medical, according to Sky in Italy.

Alisson is set to become the most expensive goalkeeper in history, with Liverpool surpassing the £34.7m fee Manchester City paid for Ederson in 2017.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... son-becker
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: “GK cliché” said Txj. “£67M deep” said Klopp. Alisson nn

Post by Kabalega »

Klopp in on fire!

Liverpool fans were wondering why there appeared to be no urgency to get a goalie when they signed Shaquiri, and now it is done!
I guess after Karius dropped the ball again it became clear that a goalie was a must.

Now they need a forward who didn't play i the WC and a defender to be set.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Coach wrote:Liverpool have completed the signing of Alisson Becker for a fee of €75m (£67m), subject to the Roma goalkeeper passing a medical, according to Sky in Italy.

Alisson is set to become the most expensive goalkeeper in history, with Liverpool surpassing the £34.7m fee Manchester City paid for Ederson in 2017.

Lawd have mercy for a keeper ?? The prices are craziiiiieeee ..hmmm make this one no lay egg o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

In another development, Oxlaid to miss most of the coming season for Liverpool.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Coach wrote:Liverpool have completed the signing of Alisson Becker for a fee of €75m (£67m), subject to the Roma goalkeeper passing a medical, according to Sky in Italy.

Kai imagine Brazil developing this level of GK when it used to be their achilles heel in the past...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

[/video]

[/video]
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg