NOW, I'M REALLY MAD: FIFA NEEDS TO TOUGHEN THE PENALTY RULE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
NOW, I'M REALLY MAD: FIFA NEEDS TO TOUGHEN THE PENALTY RULE

Post by Bell »

I look at the PK's awarded over the years and I would not have called 85% of them the same way. It used to be that PK's were awarded when the defense in an attempt to stop an obvious goal makes a dangerous challenge. Or the tackle was reckless in complete disregard of the safety of the attacking player. Now it appears the defender only has to step on the shadow of the attacking player to concede a PK. I know FIFA wants to increase the goal count but they need to be earned. Naturally, I'd never have awarded the two against Arsenal today or the one against Chelsea vs Arsenal a few days ago.
Bell
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NOW, I'M REALLY MAD: FIFA NEEDS TO TOUGHEN THE PENALTY R

Post by Its a Goal »

I'm sure if ARSEnal were the recipient of those 2 PKs you won't be opening such garbage thread.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

FOR THE RECORD I'M FOR IWOBI, BUT...

...I'm not an Arsenal supporter. Also, the one awarded against Chelsea benefitted the Arsenal.
Bell
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

The way to increas the goal count is to remove the policy of offside.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

zoro wrote:The way to increas the goal count is to remove the policy of offside.
I WOULDN'T BE OPPOSED TO TAKING A SECOND LOOK AT THE OFFSIDE RULE, BUT...

...I think the most urgent is those silly penalty awards. One more thing, the penalty kick should be treated like basketball - the one who gets fouled should do the taking. I hate it when the de facto best player steps to take a penalty kick that didn't involve him/her. Just to increase their goal tally.
Bell
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Its a Goal wrote:I'm sure if ARSEnal were the recipient of those 2 PKs you won't be opening such garbage thread.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bell wrote:
zoro wrote:The way to increas the goal count is to remove the policy of offside.

...I think the most urgent is those silly penalty awards. One more thing, the penalty kick should be treated like basketball - the one who gets fouled should do the taking. I hate it when the de facto best player steps to take a penalty kick that didn't involve him/her. Just to increase their goal tally.
Bell
Fair enough - if the player that fouled him replaces the GK for the kick... :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gotti wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
Fair enough - if the player that fouled him replaces the GK for the kick... :D
Dam