Nigeria 5 - 2 Croatia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Nigeria 5 - 2 Croatia

Post by truetalk »

[/video]

2011 FIFA U-20 WC
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 5 - 2 Croatia

Post by highbury »

The lesson I am getting here which can be applied in Russia is that our defending of set pieces has to improve. It will be hard for Croatia to score against in open play. Defending of set pieces is the key
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This game is useless ! If u want to know about Croatia go watch the Euro games v Spain and the wcq.I doubt Rohr wil conceed the mf to them but they’re very good going forward. However, they will give u space to run into on the counter. Imho, efficiency will win on the day. Whoever is able to take their chances and avoid mistakes will win the game.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

highbury wrote:The lesson I am getting here which can be applied in Russia is that our defending of set pieces has to improve. It will be hard for Croatia to score against in open play. Defending of set pieces is the key
that is that team. we have good headers in the current team. in any case this game will count for nothing. Totally two different teams
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

the Croatians play pattern will similar to the u20s difference will be they will be more clinical and take their chances - they will always out do us on setplays - However they will find it difficult to handle our fast pace power play- i expect us to be full of energy in that opening game.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This game is useless ! If u want to know about Croatia go watch the Euro games v Spain and the wcq.I doubt Rohr wil conceed the mf to them but they’re very good going forward. However, they will give u space to run into on the counter. Imho, efficiency will win on the day. Whoever is able to take their chances and avoid mistakes will win the game.
... we WILL BEAT Croatia and TOP the group. Please document this "prediction" somewhere you can see everyday.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This game is useless ! If u want to know about Croatia go watch the Euro games v Spain and the wcq.I doubt Rohr wil conceed the mf to them but they’re very good going forward. However, they will give u space to run into on the counter. Imho, efficiency will win on the day. Whoever is able to take their chances and avoid mistakes will win the game.
... we WILL BEAT Croatia and TOP the group. Please document this "prediction" somewhere you can see everyday.
and E no happen we fit offer U to BH and secure the release of any girls in captivity? :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Odas wrote:
you get strong liver to predict the win o- i for support you but with the current rate at which our boys are dropping form - i worry o
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

where is that our big #12?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:where is that our big #12?
If you mean Nwofor, he is currently clubless, which is sad because he had some talent, unlike Flavour Flav Uchebo.

Ibadan people may have cursed him for dumping Shooting for Rangers before travelling abroad.

From Venlo in Holland, he moved to Lierse in Belgium, & then Boavista in Protugal, and that club that is very popular with Nigerians AS Trecin.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/uche-nwof ... ler/184948
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Obuh's U-20 side was not too bad. They lost to France and Lacazette in the Quarters after extra time.

They had a few weaknesses though.

For starters, Dami Paul was way too short and too unstable as a goalkeeper.

[/video]
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

truetalk wrote:Obuh's U-20 side was not too bad. They lost to France and Lacazette in the Quarters after extra time.

[/video]

was that the side loaded with overage players? I recollect one of Obuh's teams had them in abundance. One CE called me to apologize for insulting me when I called them out, after he got inside info on more players than I even suspected. I believe I pointed out one player back then....

Was Obuh not the coach again at the helm during the Chukwudi controversy? I was quite upset when he was busy citing God instead of confronting the situation.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
truetalk wrote:Obuh's U-20 side was not too bad. They lost to France and Lacazette in the Quarters after extra time.

[/video]

was that the side loaded with overage players? I recollect one of Obuh's teams had them in abundance. One CE called me to apologize for insulting me when I called them out, after he got inside info on more players than I even suspected. I believe I pointed out one player back then....

Was Obuh not the coach again at the helm during the Chukwudi controversy? I was quite upset when he was busy citing God instead of confronting the situation.
There were serious questions about Fortune Chukwudi, captain of Obuh's 2009 U-17 squad. Chief Justice Adokiye came out with evidence that pretty much confirmed that the dude was at least 22 at the time. We fought that fight very well on the forum, as some had the nerve to attack Adokiye with comments like 'the timing of the expose is wrong, bla, bla, bla'.

There were also questions about Stanley 'lil Messi'Okoro, but nothing clear cut, as with Uncle Fortune.

The likes of Dami Paul, Omeruo, Kayode, Sani Emmanuel, Edafe Egbedi, Terry Envoh & Edafe Egbedi graduated from the 2009 U-17 team to the 2011 U-20 team. To Obuh's credit, he did not graduate the 2 most controversial players (Fortune and Lil Messi) to the U-20 squad. Interestingly, the likes of Onazi & Ajagun also dropped out.

New faces in the 2011 team included Ahmed Musa, Ramon Azeez, Uche Nwofor and Terna Suswam.

It was a good U-20 side. They just ran into a loaded French side (with the likes of Lacazette, Griezmann, Coquelin, Kakuta, and the Nigeria eligible Jonathan Ligali, and lost in extra time.

Even though we've cleaned up our act at the U-17 level, the U-20 is the tournament that really matters. Cheating has little effect at that level, and it is almost always an accurate precursor of a National team that is about to become a global powerhouse (so, as much as I hate to admit it, don't sleep on England in the next 5 years)
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Odas wrote:

No mind all diS run arounb. Naija go b NaiJa N handle Dem.
Last edited by Man Ataye on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

truetalk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

[/video]

There were serious questions about Fortune Chukwudi, captain of Obuh's 2009 U-17 squad. Chief Justice Adokiye came out with evidence that pretty much confirmed that the dude was at least 22 at the time. We fought that fight very well on the forum, as some had the nerve to attack Adokiye with comments like 'the timing of the expose is wrong, bla, bla, bla'.

There were also questions about Stanley 'lil Messi'Okoro, but nothing clear cut, as with Uncle Fortune.

The likes of Dami Paul, Omeruo, Kayode, Sani Emmanuel, Edafe Egbedi, Terry Envoh & Edafe Egbedi graduated from the 2009 U-17 team to the 2011 U-20 team. To Obuh's credit, he did not graduate the 2 most controversial players (Fortune and Lil Messi) to the U-20 squad. Interestingly, the likes of Onazi & Ajagun also dropped out.

New faces in the 2011 team included Ahmed Musa, Ramon Azeez, Uche Nwofor and Terna Suswam.

It was a good U-20 side. They just ran into a loaded French side (with the likes of Lacazette, Griezmann, Coquelin, Kakuta, and the Nigeria eligible Jonathan Ligali, and lost in extra time.

Even though we've cleaned up our act at the U-17 level, the U-20 is the tournament that really matters. Cheating has little effect at that level, and it is almost always an accurate precursor of a National team that is about to become a global powerhouse (so, as much as I hate to admit it, don't sleep on England in the next 5 years)

Ajagun indeed graduated from the 2009 U17 side to the 2011 Flying Eagles and was a key player on the team that was knocked out of the tournament by France in the quarterfinals.

Fortune Chukwudi graduated from the the 2009 squad as well and was initially part of the qualifiers before Obuh was forced to drop him after Nigerians shouted. In addition, Obuh was forced to drop some players on the eve of the 2011 African U20 Tournament after certain things were brought to light that raised questions about their ages. Among the implicated players were Chidi Osuchukwu (who was dropped) and Philemon Daniel (who was retained after Obuh personally vouched for him). Interestingly, the same Osuchukwu emerged again on Obuh's 2013 Flying Eagles!

Glad to have left those days behind.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:There were serious questions about Fortune Chukwudi, captain of Obuh's 2009 U-17 squad. Chief Justice Adokiye came out with evidence that pretty much confirmed that the dude was at least 22 at the time. We fought that fight very well on the forum, as some had the nerve to attack Adokiye with comments like 'the timing of the expose is wrong, bla, bla, bla'.

Little wrong with 'Little Messi" Okoro - other than his LOOKS...
Meanwhile, a decade later, his OLDER brother Osas Okoro remains at heart of the home-based SE!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

[/video]

Ajagun indeed graduated from the 2009 U17 side to the 2011 Flying Eagles and was a key player on the team that was knocked out of the tournament by France in the quarterfinals.

Fortune Chukwudi graduated from the the 2009 squad as well and was initially part of the qualifiers before Obuh was forced to drop him after Nigerians shouted. In addition, Obuh was forced to drop some players on the eve of the 2011 African U20 Tournament after certain things were brought to light that raised questions about their ages. Among the implicated players were Chidi Osuchukwu (who was dropped) and Philemon Daniel (who was retained after Obuh personally vouched for him). Interestingly, the same Osuchukwu emerged again on Obuh's 2013 Flying Eagles!

Glad to have left those days behind.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gotti wrote:
truetalk wrote:There were serious questions about Fortune Chukwudi, captain of Obuh's 2009 U-17 squad. Chief Justice Adokiye came out with evidence that pretty much confirmed that the dude was at least 22 at the time. We fought that fight very well on the forum, as some had the nerve to attack Adokiye with comments like 'the timing of the expose is wrong, bla, bla, bla'.

Little wrong with 'Little Messi" Okoro - other than his LOOKS...
Meanwhile, a decade later, his OLDER brother Osas Okoro remains at heart of the home-based SE!

True!
AFCON 2019 sweet o