Onyekuru back to Everton

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru back to Everton

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:He does not look as injured as I thought he would be. From what we are seeing it appears he has not undergone surgery and it looks unlikely he will.
... I read somewhere about a week after the news of the injury he won't need any surgery, that the injury wasn't as serious as was initially thought.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:I have had a similar injury before. Risky not to have the surgery. He is depending on his body to naturally heal.
Hmm, really? Chief Ohenhen, how serious was your injury compared to that of our man's (Onyekuru)?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:He does not look as injured as I thought he would be. From what we are seeing it appears he has not undergone surgery and it looks unlikely he will.
Really? Are we looking at the same picture.
He’s got a full length, articulated brace on with a knee pivot.
What do you see that makes you think it’s not that serious? Or that he has not undergone surgery?

It is very unusual for someone who has just undergone such surgery to be walking around so freely. Onyekuru had been travelling around, visiting both Nigeria and the UK.

Players recovering from cruciate ligament surgery are generally confined indoors. Do you remember Theo Walcott saying this in 2014: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... lcott.html
Bros stop. Just stop.

Maybe find a way to the guy and ask the question instead of speculating and backing up your points with random examples.

All cruciate ops are not created equal. I walked out of mine 11 years ago on crutches and a brace and was free of the crutches in a brace, in less than a week. And mine included some bone regeneration work.

With the advacements we’ve seen in the last decade and his youth, there’s nothing unusual about the schedule you’ve outlined as long as he’s following the right rehab process.
Dis na why u be waka-man :sneaky:
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:
Couldn't he recuperate elsewhere?
He's an Everton investment. Makes sense for him to be under the watch of their doctors.
http://www.naijiant.com/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
waka-man wrote:
What do you see that makes you think it’s not that serious? Or that he has not undergone surgery?

It is very unusual for someone who has just undergone such surgery to be walking around so freely. Onyekuru had been travelling around, visiting both Nigeria and the UK.

Players recovering from cruciate ligament surgery are generally confined indoors. Do you remember Theo Walcott saying this in 2014: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... lcott.html
Bros stop. Just stop.

Maybe find a way to the guy and ask the question instead of speculating and backing up your points with random examples.

All cruciate ops are not created equal. I walked out of mine 11 years ago on crutches and a brace and was free of the crutches in a brace, in less than a week. And mine included some bone regeneration work.

With the advacements we’ve seen in the last decade and his youth, there’s nothing unusual about the schedule you’ve outlined as long as he’s following the right rehab process.
Upon all you waka-rin to and from seeking whom you may devour :tic: you never learn say Ayo na authority on anything discuss-able? Whatever come into Ayo's head, that one na the correct thing?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:

Thank you.

He had offers from Arsenal and then PSG. Actually did his medical at PSG and he turned them down.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Playing time for him please Big Sam........................I'm tired of all our boys riding the bench.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

waka-man wrote:
You get time sha :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

wale1974 wrote:
waka-man wrote:
You get time sha :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I mean!!!!

We are talking of someone that display ignorance and 'cluelessness' with so much confidence :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

[/video]
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Injured Everton loanee Henry Onyekuru 'could play for Anderlecht again this season'
Belgian side are keen to turn to Blues striker once more should he recover from knee problem

ByIan Doyle
12:00, 24 JAN 2018

Anderlecht have not given up hope of Henry Onyekuru playing again this season – but only if Everton give them the green light.

Onyekuru is not expected to play again this campaign after suffering a serious knee injury last month with the Belgian side.

The 20-year-old, signed by the Blues from Eupen for £7m in the summer, is on a season-long loan with Anderlecht but is presently at Finch Farm as he continues his rehabilitation.

There is hope Onyekuru, who scored 10 goals in 28 appearances for Anderlecht before his injury, could be available ahead of schedule. And Anderlecht coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck says he would have no qualms again turning to the Nigerian striker.
“If Everton say he is okay and we think he’s a 100%, we can put him in,” he told Belgian media outlet Voetbalkrant.
“But if something happens, it’s not our fault.” :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... u-14196512
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
Injured Everton loanee Henry Onyekuru 'could play for Anderlecht again this season'
Belgian side are keen to turn to Blues striker once more should he recover from knee problem

ByIan Doyle
12:00, 24 JAN 2018

Anderlecht have not given up hope of Henry Onyekuru playing again this season – but only if Everton give them the green light.

Onyekuru is not expected to play again this campaign after suffering a serious knee injury last month with the Belgian side.

The 20-year-old, signed by the Blues from Eupen for £7m in the summer, is on a season-long loan with Anderlecht but is presently at Finch Farm as he continues his rehabilitation.

There is hope Onyekuru, who scored 10 goals in 28 appearances for Anderlecht before his injury, could be available ahead of schedule. And Anderlecht coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck says he would have no qualms again turning to the Nigerian striker.
“If Everton say he is okay and we think he’s a 100%, we can put him in,” he told Belgian media outlet Voetbalkrant.
“But if something happens, it’s not our fault.” :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... ball-news/*****
Na wa for this their coach, talking as if Henry is being forced on him or something.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

platinum wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

platinum wrote:
This must leave the Anderlecht coach, who has been publicly highlighting Onyekuru's deficiencies as a player, in tears.