Worried About Nacho and Iwobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Worried About Nacho and Iwobi

Post by Bigpokey24 »

115k, that cannot be true
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote:115k, that cannot be true
Doubt it too.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ok, how many games has kele even started for Leceister? I don't understand how they can be going gaga over a player they hardly play.. Every manager has their own style and preference , so if Kele isn't in his plan let him go, sell him..I am sure some club out there will pick him up...same with Musa..these guys never played for this rubbish agbero football type team
SuperEagles

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Iwobi supoosedly didn't play well yesterday but that's a minor issue compared to Iheanacho's nightmare at Leicester.
Thats not true. Arsenal as a team didnt play well but I thought Iwobi was their best performer in the midfield. His link up passes were accurate and decision making was quick in yesterdays game. However the forwards had zero movement off the ball and remained static most of the game. Arsenal's real problems however was in defense which was shambolic to say the least.
Leaks from the club are now talking about how they're looking to offload him but they can't because he's on 115K a week. I refuse to link the S*n and I don't believe Kelechi is on that much.
I completely doubt that Nacho, a bench warmer at city would earn more than Harry Kane. And if Nacho was earning 115K a week, there was zero chance that he will remain as unused by the Leicester city coaching staff and management. Nacho has not been given a chance to succeed.

I think think it has reached a point where it is in everyones interest to just move on. Nacho I hope can learn from his EPL experience (Playing in the EPL is not everything) and can move on to another league where he is guaranteed playing time. This is what he needs more than anything else to regain his confidence, and I have zero doubts he will do so in due time.

Personally, I think Nacho can do well in France Ligue 1 for a mid tier team.
Last edited by charlie on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

From a purely selfish perspective, I would not be too worried. The less games they get, the better for the SE. Of course, it's good to get some minutes so from that viewpoint, Iwobi is in the perfect place.

For their careers, it is a bit worrisome BUT if they are fit and hungry for the WC, and proceed to do well in Russia. They can leave their current situations and go to better places.

It's all a matter of perspective.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

platinum wrote:From a purely selfish perspective, I would not be too worried. The less games they get, the better for the SE. Of course, it's good to get some minutes so from that viewpoint, Iwobi is in the perfect place.

For their careers, it is a bit worrisome BUT if they are fit and hungry for the WC, and proceed to do well in Russia. They can leave their current situations and go to better places.

There's a balance between losing form and confidence and being well rested. I think Kelechi is currently not on the well-rested side of the balance. So even from a selfish standpoint he needs to be playing and he needs to be confident.

By the way my perspective is likely just as selfish because I enjoy watching Nigerian players playing well every week.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

charlie wrote:
Iwobi supoosedly didn't play well yesterday but that's a minor issue compared to Iheanacho's nightmare at Leicester.
Thats not true. Arsenal as a team didnt play well but I thought Iwobi was their best performer in the midfield. His link up passes were accurate and decision making was quick in yesterdays game. However the forwards had zero movement off the ball and remained static most of the game. Arsenal's real problems however was in defense which was shambolic to say the least.
I watched half of the first half of the game and thought Iwobi was ok. Then I read the stats and whining of arsenal fans online after I got back from church and assumed he must have had a terrible second half. I'll try to watch the rest of the game later sha.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

niyi wrote:
charlie wrote:
I watched half of the first half of the game and thought Iwobi was ok. Then I read the stats and whining of arsenal fans online after I got back from church and assumed he must have had a terrible second half. I'll try to watch the rest of the game later sha.
When you get whacked silly by a struggling nationwide team yet to win a match in 8 games, stats fly out of the window...na stats we go chop? It is akin to a bearded Imam that got burnt in a fire incident and you are asking...eya i hope his bia bia was ok!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:
niyi wrote:
charlie wrote:
When you get whacked silly by a struggling nationwide team yet to win a match in 8 games, stats fly out of the window...na stats we go chop? It is akin to a bearded Imam that got burnt in a fire incident and you are asking...eya i hope his bia bia was ok!
Kai, bros,...you are on the war path Ooo :rotf: :rotf:
If Arsenal get sense, dem for fire Wenger 2 years ago.

At this point, the only thing wey concern me about Arsenal na Iwobi and any Nigerian player wey dey their roster.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Another rubbish post!
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:
niyi wrote:
charlie wrote:

At this point, the only thing wey concern me about Arsenal na Iwobi and any Nigerian player wey dey their roster.
Make dem leave am,by the time he is done the whole club would have become awada kerikeri!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

platinum wrote:From a purely selfish perspective, I would not be too worried. The less games they get, the better for the SE. Of course, it's good to get some minutes so from that viewpoint, Iwobi is in the perfect place.

I don't think this is a good train of thought at all. This is a really short term concept that will lead to them going into obscurity and losing form which over time would affect their performances for the national team. Look at Emenike, the same happened to him and he is no longer playing with us.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:Wow... just a couple of things I've read in this thread...
Iwobi is a striker not an AM not a winger.
Oliseh should find a way to loan Iheanacho
The things you read in this place. :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:
niyi wrote:
charlie wrote:

Make dem leave am,by the time he is done the whole club would have become awada kerikeri!
no mind those fake people.

Charlie, on a serious note, we are beyond the years of just being happy that our boys are "participating". Iwobi is top talent, and being just "OK" shouldn't spare him from criticisms, especially when the team SUCKED. I know you disagree that the team sucked....but that is the topic of a separate discussion.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Tomorrow's S*n newspaper front page.... :|
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

TheHitman47 wrote:

I don't think this is a good train of thought at all. This is a really short term concept that will lead to them going into obscurity and losing form which over time would affect their performances for the national team. Look at Emenike, the same happened to him and he is no longer playing with us.
Emenike isn't playing for a totally different reason though...
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The YeyeMan wrote:Tomorrow's S*n newspaper front page.... :|
Wenger has confirmed in his press conference that Iwobi will be fined for partying. :|

This boy needs to sit up...
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Arsenal to fine Alex Iwobi over ‘unacceptable’ partying before FA Cup tie

• Nigeria international filmed out in early hours before Forest defeat
• Arsène Wenger: It is impossible to go out 48 hours before a game

Press Association
Tue 9 Jan ‘18 10.16 GMT

Alex Iwobi will be fined by Arsenal after partying until the early hours of Saturday morning ahead of Sunday’s FA Cup defeat at Nottingham Forest, boss Arsène Wenger has confirmed.

The 21-year-old forward was filmed dancing in central London at 2.37am on Saturday in a video uploaded to Snapchat, according to The Sun.

He then played 90 minutes at the City Ground as the holders crashed out, going down 4-2 to Championship side Forest.

Wenger said: “That is true. He will be fined. It is impossible to go out 48 hours before a game. It is unacceptable.”

Iwobi was reported to have attended a party that included people smoking cannabis and inhaling laughing gas. But Wenger said his player was not involved in either taking drugs or drinking alcohol.

“First of all we have to be cautious with everything that is coming out,” Wenger said.

“When you read what is reported it is like he has taken drugs. He was not involved in that at all. He has been out at a birthday party and how long he has stayed? That is important. After, I will decide what happens.

“Did he do drugs or alcohol? Not at all. If your neighbour takes drugs, what can you do? You are responsible for your own behaviour, not the behaviour of your neighbour.”

Wenger admitted Iwobi’s performance against Forest may have been affected.

“Who knows that?” Wenger said. “You know that sometimes you want to prepare 100% but it is not always a guarantee you will be at your best. But that is what is requested from a top-level professional.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ing-fa-cup
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: chei poor ALex .. e don enter
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

When you are a star ...your life is no longer yours...your private domain turns into a public one. It is even worse now with smartphones..any clown can snap your pics for fast bucks from any media willing to pay.

Nothing strange here and not the first time he has probably done this late outing. But when you end up losing it becomes an issue. Let our boy just ride the storm and bid his time to put out a great performance, all will be forgotten.

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Bad timing coz he will bear the brunt of a lot of fans frustration at the moment. He is the proverbial scapegoat for all the experienced players who were below par against forest. Anyway, on the back of a string of great performances, this will tomorrow's fish n chips paper...
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The good thing is that the camp in Russia will be largely isolated with few opportunities for distractions.

I specifically mentioned possible causes for worry based on what I saw from these two young talents during one of the games in Uyo.

Incidentally, they were the 2 worst performers on the day (outside of Echiejile and Akpeyi, who are not National team calibre players anyway).

There is a bit more about Nacho's posse in the camp that might give one a cause for worry. I think he needs to cut some people off.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281098&p=5044591&hi ... i#p5044591

Nacho – (2) – Nigeria’s biggest talent might end up being more of a Martins than Yekini in terms of National team impact, unless there is a change in attitude. Didn’t hustle, pulled back from balls he was favorite to get, had a spat with the crowd, no urgency during substitution when we were behind. Kept the bus waiting for about 5 minutes at the hotel. Hopefully it was just a bad day, but I’m not so sure.

Iwobi – (2) – I would have subbed him in the 1st half if I was coach. Didn’t seem to take the game serious. Repeatedly trying turnover causing flicks and tricks instead of going for the simple and obvious. Maybe he would have more effective playing through the middle, but he was a big reason why we didn’t have a lot of useful possessions in the offensive 3rd. Team bus waited for him for a couple of minutes as well, but Mr. Nacho was even later.