Rohr on Monday Night Football ….

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Rohr on Monday Night Football ….

Post by Mr Shows »

Rohr featured on tonight's programme. Other panel guest were Victor Ikpeba & Segun Agbede. Below is my summary of the comments he made during the interview;

On CAF Awards…
Rohr pleased with being nominated as runner up for coach of the year. He commended Héctor Cúper on his achievement in the ANC and getting Egypt to the WC after many years of absence. Expressed his disappointment that V.Moses wasn’t nominated. VI suggested CAF technical team should be responsible for picking the CAF best 11 instead of fans.

On SE readiness for Russia…
Plans are underway to line up friendlies. Our base in Russia is secure. Wants to monitor the players in the CHAN tournament. Has increased his scouting team and fitness coaching crew.

Regarding friendlies, confirmed the 23 March game against Poland. Still working on the 27 March game, likely to be an opponent with similar playing style to Croatia.

Regarding player not seeing regular action, injuries and the goalkeeping situation…
Acknowledged that there are problems but as was in the case in the past, he has answers to the problems.
Expects affected players in England to move to new clubs. Expects them to be playing regularly to maintain form and relevance (referencing Nacho and Musa)

He has a 2nd goal keeping coach who has been attached to Uzoho and is working with him at his club. Suggested CHAN will help Ezenwa and will continued to be monitored.

Regarding Magnet, Rohr said he is in regular touch with him in France. Talked about his limited playing time (1 reserve game) but expects him to move to a new club in Jan to improve his chances. Also talked about being in touch with Onyekuru regarding his ligament injury. Expects him to be out for a few month.

On the Eagles base camp in Russia…
Said the camp is a health and spa city. Said the NFF moved early and were able to secure it before other interested parties. Venue has 2 training pitches, hotel is well away from distractions. Good altitude with good weather conditions. 2 hrs away from 1st game, 2nd game 45 mins flight. 3rd game 2 hrs. Overall very happy with the location.

On CHAN Eagles…
Q was put to Rohr why he is not leading the team? Responds: A: The bulk of the SE are in Europe. His assistants are fully involved with the squad players at club level and will manage of the team. Reckons it will help improve their careers. He has confidence in his assistants. He plans to watch the games live.

Rohr reckons CHAN is a good base for players looking to launch a professional career abroad, those with an eye on moving abroad. Reckons the CHAN gives local players international tournament exposure. Said the squad is young and players have the opportunity to show their quality. Said the two-month local league break doesn’t help preparations.

In response to the question of who he would pick between a player playing regularly in the NPL or a bench player in Europe? He noted players like Musa are playing in the reserve team and are still getting the opportunity to play and stay fit. He reckoned this is a higher level than the local league.

On Pep…
On the Q of whether his model is the best and him being the best in the trade? Commended him as one of the best coaches in the world, but also commended other coaches and their styles and philosophy (Bayern, etc)

On Arsenal's FA Cup exit- Reckoned Forest were highly motivated. Commented on the fixture congestion. Reckons too many games are played and the impact this has along with the weather on the pitches and player. Reckons top 4 should be Wenger’s target

Finally, on what to expect from the SE’s performance in Russia…
Reckons that baring injuries and with good preparation, we have a good chance of getting out of the group and progress to the round of 16. But not commenting beyond that.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr on Monday Night Football ….

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
He has a 2nd goal keeping coach who has been attached to Uzoho and is working with him at his club.

Wow! :clap: :clap: :clap: No other way to look at this than to see Uzoho as important. Whether as first choice, second choice or third choice. If Uzoho was not important, no one will waste money to specifically train him at his club. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Most likely, the coach is a local at Coruna. And I thank the Club for permitting this. Although to be fair, its in their best interest. Uzoho improves, goes to the world cup and be amazing and they either have a top goalkeeper or they have an asset they can sell
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
He has a 2nd goal keeping coach who has been attached to Uzoho and is working with him at his club.
Wow! :clap: :clap: :clap: No other way to look at this than to see Uzoho as important. Whether as first choice, second choice or third choice. If Uzoho was not important, no one will waste money to specifically train him at his club. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Most likely, the coach is a local at Coruna. And I thank the Club for permitting this. Although to be fair, its in their best interest. Uzoho improves, goes to the world cup and be amazing and they either have a top goalkeeper or they have an asset they can sell
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Seems he's really worried about taking the Ezenwa and Akpeyi crew. I'm all for this move, if we are stuck with those three, then better just get Uzoho ready to take over for a long time.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I find it hard to believe there are no goalies in the local league better than Ezenwa and Akpeyi. If that is truly the case, the level of goalkeeping in the NPFL is very poor.
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Seems he's really worried about taking the Ezenwa and Akpeyi crew. I'm all for this move, if we are stuck with those three, then better just get Uzoho ready to take over for a long time.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

olu wrote:I find it hard to believe there are no goalies in the local league better than Ezenwa and Akpeyi. If that is truly the case, the level of goalkeeping in the NPFL is very poor.
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

I don't. :D
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote:
olu wrote:I find it hard to believe there are no goalies in the local league better than Ezenwa and Akpeyi. If that is truly the case, the level of goalkeeping in the NPFL is very poor.
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

:lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Of course Uzoho is important! He will be key either as number 1 or a quality deputy.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Totally agree.
We can fairly confidently say that barring injury, Uzoho is on that plane.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Of course Uzoho is important! He will be key either as number 1 or a quality deputy.
Yup! dont forget we have had Alampasu for a few now, and no one has done this for him. Rohr has coached Alampasu and has not seen the need to send a trainer to train him. That tells you what Rohr thinks of Uzoho.

God abeg, give the boy good health and humility, so he can take the training in well well.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Mr Shows wrote:Rohr featured on tonight's programme. Other panel guest were Victor Ikpeba & Segun Agbede. Below is my summary of the comments he made during the interview;

On CAF Awards…
Rohr pleased with being nominated as runner up for coach of the year. He commended Héctor Cúper on his achievement in the ANC and getting Egypt to the WC after many years of absence. Expressed his disappointment that V.Moses wasn’t nominated. VI suggested CAF technical team should be responsible for picking the CAF best 11 instead of fans.

Plans are underway to line up friendlies. Our base in Russia is secure. Wants to monitor the players in the CHAN tournament. Has increased his scouting team and fitness coaching crew.

Regarding friendlies, confirmed the 23 March game against Poland. Still working on the 27 March game, likely to be an opponent with similar playing style to Croatia.

Regarding player not seeing regular action, injuries and the goalkeeping situation…
Acknowledged that there are problems but as was in the case in the past, he has answers to the problems.
Expects affected players in England to move to new clubs. Expects them to be playing regularly to maintain form and relevance (referencing Nacho and Musa)

He has a 2nd goal keeping coach who has been attached to Uzoho and is working with him at his club. Suggested CHAN will help Ezenwa and will continued to be monitored.

Regarding Magnet, Rohr said he is in regular touch with him in France. Talked about his limited playing time (1 reserve game) but expects him to move to a new club in Jan to improve his chances. Also talked about being in touch with Onyekuru regarding his ligament injury. Expects him to be out for a few month.

Said the camp is a health and spa city. Said the NFF moved early and were able to secure it before other interested parties. Venue has 2 training pitches, hotel is well away from distractions. Good altitude with good weather conditions. 2 hrs away from 1st game, 2nd game 45 mins flight. 3rd game 2 hrs. Overall very happy with the location.

On CHAN Eagles…
Q was put to Rohr why he is not leading the team? Responds: A: The bulk of the SE are in Europe. His assistants are fully involved with the squad players at club level and will manage of the team. Reckons it will help improve their careers. He has confidence in his assistants. He plans to watch the games live.

Rohr reckons CHAN is a good base for players looking to launch a professional career abroad, those with an eye on moving abroad. Reckons the CHAN gives local players international tournament exposure. Said the squad is young and players have the opportunity to show their quality. Said the two-month local league break doesn’t help preparations.

In response to the question of who he would pick between a player playing regularly in the NPL or a bench player in Europe? He noted players like Musa are playing in the reserve team and are still getting the opportunity to play and stay fit. He reckoned this is a higher level than the local league.

On Pep…
On the Q of whether his model is the best and him being the best in the trade? Commended him as one of the best coaches in the world, but also commended other coaches and their styles and philosophy (Bayern, etc)

On Arsenal's FA Cup exit- Reckoned Forest were highly motivated. Commented on the fixture congestion. Reckons too many games are played and the impact this has along with the weather on the pitches and player. Reckons top 4 should be Wenger’s target

Reckons that baring injuries and with good preparation, we have a good chance of getting out of the group and progress to the round of 16. But not commenting beyond that.
Mr Shows, big thanks for taking the effort to do this and bring it here. Very informative. Rohr continues to impress with his approach to problem solving especially in the goalkeeping dept. Wish him great success with the SE.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

Excellent Summary Mr Shows. I watched the program and your highlight was spot on.

Kudos :clap: :clap: :clap:
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

There are. I've written tirelessly. Just as I wrote on Uzoho and Nwolokor when we were somehow stuck with Akpeyi and Alaampasu as 2 of the 3 GKs in camp.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

airwolex wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

How many league games have you seen over the last 2 years. You live on the mainland in Lagos. You can't be too far from the Agege Stadium.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Excellent summary Mr Shows although I did not watch the program.

Cmoke
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Mr Shows wrote:Rohr featured on tonight's programme. Other panel guest were Victor Ikpeba & Segun Agbede. Below is my summary of the comments he made during the interview;

On CAF Awards…

On CHAN Eagles…

On Pep…

Mr. Shows,

Thanks for the summary it certainly provides insight into Rohr's thinking about Uzoho, the local players, etc. It is a bit concerning that the NFF has yet to firm a second international for March.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics