How to Win APOY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How to Win APOY

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cristao II wrote:I am with Enugu II
I'm not.

But it's a bit odd/silly/concerning that Hector Cuper (not African) won Coach of the Year.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How to Win APOY

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Cristao II wrote:I am with Enugu II
I'm not.

But it's a bit odd/silly/concerning that Hector Cuper (not African) won Coach of the Year.
Yeyeman,

But the win by Cuper gets to the point. He did so coaching an African team. That is the key. The point is that we should not think about whether the person is African or not but focus attention on whether the accomplishment is done while playing for an African team. Think about this Oshoala won without playing a single game for Ann African team in 2017! Forget that she is Nigerian and focus on fairness.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics