Worried About Nacho and Iwobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Worried About Nacho and Iwobi

Post by Cally »

Bigpokey24 wrote::lol: chei poor ALex .. e don enter
Even the British press seem to have marked him cause he turned them down. Its on...
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Cally wrote:
Even the British press seem to have marked him cause he turned them down. Its on...
Well there is only one way to stick two fingers up at them.... He needs to put his head down and do all his taking on the pitch, full stop.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Mr Shows wrote:
Cally wrote:
Well there is only one way to stick two fingers up at them.... He needs to put his head down and do all his taking on the pitch, full stop.
He'll be fine as I think he has a strong support system. He just need to know when to do what. The parties will always be there, but the ones deep into the morning of gameday should be skipped.

I noticed the the British press now prefer Nigerian International to Arsenal forward.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

truetalk wrote:The good thing is that the camp in Russia will be largely isolated with few opportunities for distractions.

I specifically mentioned possible causes for worry based on what I saw from these two young talents during one of the games in Uyo.

Incidentally, they were the 2 worst performers on the day (outside of Echiejile and Akpeyi, who are not National team calibre players anyway).

There is a bit more about Nacho's posse in the camp that might give one a cause for worry. I think he needs to cut some people off.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281098&p=5044591&hi ... i#p5044591

Nacho – (2) – Nigeria’s biggest talent might end up being more of a Martins than Yekini in terms of National team impact, unless there is a change in attitude. Didn’t hustle, pulled back from balls he was favorite to get, had a spat with the crowd, no urgency during substitution when we were behind. Kept the bus waiting for about 5 minutes at the hotel. Hopefully it was just a bad day, but I’m not so sure.

Iwobi – (2) – I would have subbed him in the 1st half if I was coach. Didn’t seem to take the game serious. Repeatedly trying turnover causing flicks and tricks instead of going for the simple and obvious. Maybe he would have more effective playing through the middle, but he was a big reason why we didn’t have a lot of useful possessions in the offensive 3rd. Team bus waited for him for a couple of minutes as well, but Mr. Nacho was even later.
Iwobi is supposedly the biggest late comer in the Arsenal squad [/video]

This is what I meant when I said these guys needed people to guide them too. Mikel had a problem with showing up late for matches in his earlier years. I'm sure he can speak some sense to the boys.

Iheanacho also pulled out of a 50-50 ball against Fleetwood last Saturday. In fairness, no use coming in to a game with 10 mins left in it and getting injured playing for Leicester. In the previous match against Manchester City, he went in for many 50-50 challenges. It's not surprising that footballers pick and choose when to give their all.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!