Spastic, how far with your boy John "Beckenbauer" Stones?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Spastic, how far with your boy John "Beckenbauer" Stones?

Post by ohsee »

:D :D :D :D :taunt: :taunt:
Against Burnley, watch your "Beckenbauer" show how much of a one-foot donkey he is from .53 of the video below. :lol:

[/video]

The English media were eager to make excuses for him: rust, first game back, blah, blah, but imagine if Mangala had made the same mistake? To be fair to the English media, they are now full of faint praises for Mangala, going on about how he has come in and done his job well. :thumbs:

But the twitterverse was not so kind to Donkey-Kong John. :taunt: :D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... s-burnley/

:rotf: :rotf:
All hail "World Class" John Stones. :lol:
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spastic, how far with your boy John "Beckenbauer" Stones

Post by spastic »

Chapeau! That's what the Don called him. Not worried about Stones. He made a mistake otherwise was stellar.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

spastic wrote:Chapeau! That's what the Don called him. Not worried about Stones. He made a mistake otherwise was stellar.
Chief, he may be the weak link in the drive for an "invincible" season. He has but one foot, and a smart manager with the right team may try to exploit that. That was the problem with the younger Mangala, though he has worked hard to correct that. Stones is very far from the finished article, and he may be found out soon.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Stones again!

Spaz, how far? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohsee wrote:
spastic wrote:Chapeau! That's what the Don called him. Not worried about Stones. He made a mistake otherwise was stellar.
Chief, he may be the weak link in the drive for an "invincible" season. He has but one foot, and a smart manager with the right team may try to exploit that. That was the problem with the younger Mangala, though he has worked hard to correct that. Stones is very far from the finished article, and he may be found out soon.
Uncle abeg we don't want City go all season unbeaten in EPL.It will not be a good story hope Liverpool surprise everyone this weekend and end this invincible
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kajifu wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Uncle abeg we don't want City go all season unbeaten in EPL.It will not be a good story hope Liverpool surprise everyone this weekend and end this invincible
They using all their big guns for this game..only problem is Coutinho no go dey
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:
kajifu wrote:
ohsee wrote:
They using all their big guns for this game..only problem is Coutinho no go dey

I wondered why Liverpool could not hold him for another week. He could have helped them in this coming game.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coutinho is actually injured.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

The YeyeMan wrote:Coutinho is actually injured.
true...so how Pool go do am?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

paj wrote:
Press and isolate Mangala (sorry ohsee).

Deploy Lallana to mark Fernandinho

Transition quickly and especially get the ball to Mane and Salah on the flanks.

Don't get players sent off. :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Watching Bravo and Stone as they almost got City knocked out in the FA , it suddenly occured to me why they are flying this season and struggled last season.

The difference between this year and last boils down to the attrocities of those two..especially Bravo.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:Watching Bravo and Stone as they almost got City knocked out in the FA , it suddenly occured to me why they are flying this season and struggled last season.

The difference between this year and last boils down to the attrocities of those two..especially Bravo.

I believe Otamendi had more faults than Stone last season. I stand corrected though. But Bravo took the cake.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

English press blaming mangala for the stones penalty
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:

If you think pep is going to play Mangala in a game verses Liverpool then you really don't know anything about football. I don't understand ohsee's fascination with Mangala but the truth is that as good as he may be he just doesn't fit the system.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Are we really knocking John Stones?? The boy can play! Mangala has improved this season taking his chances well. That's about it.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

balo wrote:
oloye wrote:Watching Bravo and Stone as they almost got City knocked out in the FA , it suddenly occured to me why they are flying this season and struggled last season.

I believe Otamendi had more faults than Stone last season. I stand corrected though. But Bravo took the cake.
But Otamendi has come good this season, yea i agree he was one of the culprits.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Man City have a central defenders problem. Their only centreback who is quality is always injured. They are vulnerable at the heart of their defence.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:

If you think pep is going to play Mangala in a game verses Liverpool then you really don't know anything about football. I don't understand ohsee's fascination with Mangala but the truth is that as good as he may be he just doesn't fit the system.
Oloye's scouting report says that Mangala is world class. Oga Oloye no be so????

Wetin be the name of that 'world class' Portuguese player that Ferguson signed for Man U without even watching him play? Bebe????
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

wanaj0 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:

Oloye's scouting report says that Mangala is world class. Oga Oloye no be so????

Wetin be the name of that 'world class' Portuguese player that Ferguson signed for Man U without even watching him play? Bebe????
I thought he was Angolan? What about the WC Cameroon player, named twice, that Ferguson signed? Don't even remind me of the world class defender from Estonia abi na Lithuania that Wenger signed, who was so poor that the Man U strikers began to pity him?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:

:D
Chief, you are right about one thing: on Sunday, Pep will go with Stones and Otamendi, or Stones and Kompany if he is available. No number of mistakes Stones makes will change that. Stones is Pep's boy, but he made so many terrible mistakes last season that he should have been shipped out ages ago. I remember how, many years ago at AC Milan, the Dutch international Winston Bogarde made one bad backpass that led to a goal, and Fabio Capello shipped him out almost the next day. Old School coaches like Capello would never have tolerated the sort of mistakes Stones made last season.

We embrace players for mainly irrational reasons, and Pep shows that such behavior is not restricted to fans like me. :D But let me make one prediction for Sunday: if for some reason--injury or whatever--Mangala plays, he will be solid, as he has been in virtually all games he has played this season, whether he "fits the system" or not. :thumbs:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:

I thought he was Angolan? What about the WC Cameroon player, named twice, that Ferguson signed? Don't even remind me of the world class defender from Estonia abi na Lithuania that Wenger signed, who was so poor that the Man U strikers began to pity him?
'Ojemba-Ojemba' (or suntin like dat).
I thought he was South African.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:

:D :taunt:
Chief, don't sorry me. :D If Mangala plays, the mistakes won't come from him. As spastic rightly pointed out (thinking it a slur on my boy), Mangala makes safe and conservative passes. Pep encourages the others to make more adventurous passes, and you will note that Otamendi and Stones pass the ball to opponents (far too) often, something that the media has said Pep does not mind. A team that wants to beat City will have to take advantage of such bad passes out of the back, and punish City for them.

Not sure why you want Lallana to mark Fernandinho, the designated DM on City. De genius DeBruyne is the main midfield man on City. Stop him and you stop City.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Damunk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:

'Ojemba-Ojemba' (or suntin like dat).
I thought he was South African.
:rotf:
Make Doc Sabi catch you. :D Eric Djemba-Djemba, from Plantania.