Sad! Oruma Suffers Relapse Of E‎motional Disorder

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lacidi
Egg
Egg
Sad! Oruma Suffers Relapse Of E‎motional Disorder

Post by lacidi »

Former Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma, has suffered a relapse of the emotional disorder that bugged him six years ago after he was defrauded by a clergy man and some fake oil businessmen, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Oruma, also the Golden Eaglets’ 1993 FIFA U-17 World Cup winning captain, was lured into a fake oil business in December 2012 in which he invested a whopping sum of N1.2billion without proper consultation after retiring from football.‎ And he consequently lost the investment.

“Wilson (Oruma) hasn’t really recovered from the emotional disorder which he suffered after he was duped,” his bossom friend Emakpor Dibofun revealed.

“He has been to several places in search of a lasting solution, but it gets worse after a bit of improvement.”

A former Nigeria international and former Chairman of Lagos State Football Association, Waidi Akanni, also added that plans by Oruma’s ex teammates to help resuscitate him to normal life is ongoing.

“We have contacted some of his colleagues whom he played with during his days at the national team and there have been positive news regarding what we are trying to do,”Akanni told Completesportsnigeria.com.

“But nothing more I can discuss publicly just yet, but he needs help.

“We just pray all goes well, so we can help him out of this precarious situation.”

Oruma featured for Nigeria’s U-17, U-23 and the senior national team, winning the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 1993, the Olympic gold in 1996 and two bronze medals at the African Cup of Nations in 2002 and 2006.

At club level, Oruma starred for RC Lens, Nancy, Samsunspor, Nimes, Servette, Sochaux, Marseille and Guingamp, and Kavala FC of Greece before he retired at the age of 33 on November 26, 2010.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/o ... 5d0e19cfda
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
gmoni1
Egg
Egg
Re: Sad! Oruma Suffers Relapse Of E‎motional Disorder

Post by gmoni1 »

Sad..May God help him..
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Whatever the cause...
Wishing him the very best!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Goof grief, is that grey haired guy Oruma?! :shock:

I hope he gets better soon. Many ex-pros suffer depression after retirement. Losing their day to day routine ands fame can jolt them.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

very sad. Oruma was one of my favorite players. Wish him the very best.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thus, what does the NFF do for our heroes such as Oruma in situations like this? Can the NFF not help?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Mental health issues are no joke. Nigeria is a tough place to deal with that aspect of healthcare.
Best wishes to Wilson.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

His situation cannot be summed as just “mental illness” for goodness sake, he was duped for 1.2 billion naira. I believe that the money was his life savings so it’s understandable. Anyway, I hope his ex-teammate can resuscitate his life by donating money to him. Get well soon
Last edited by john12 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The moral of his story is for all of us to never joke with your prayer life even if you’re wealthy, healthy doing well etc. I’m saying this because a man situation can just change in a blink of an eye if one doesn’t empower himself with prayers all the time. Also, no matter how wealthy and rich one is we should never worship money. Chai! I Dey say this easily but 1.2 billion naira no be joke 0
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Odas wrote:Thus, what does the NFF do for our heroes such as Oruma in situations like this? Can the NFF not help?
What is the NFF suppose to do????
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

wanaj0 wrote:
Odas wrote:Thus, what does the NFF do for our heroes such as Oruma in situations like this? Can the NFF not help?

Abeg help me ask them o! I guess the NFF and his fellow players should contribute to replace the N1.2 billion he lost.

I wish him full recovery. I think while being duped of his money may have contributed to worsen the situation, he probably had the disease all along. The real sad issue here as someone pointed out is that mental health one area of healthcare that Nigeria has never addressed.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

john12 wrote:His situation cannot be summed as just “mental illness” for goodness sake, he was duped for 1.2 billion naira. I believe that the money was his life savings so it’s understandable. Anyway, I hope his ex-teammate can resuscitate his life by donating money to him. Get well soon

If you don't know what 'mental health' means. Ask or better yet, use the internet to find out. Classic example of why these issues continue to be misunderstood.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
otite
Egg
Egg

Post by otite »

Very sad story.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

The article doesn't have any details basically says Oruma has emotional disorder and needs help. Is that picture supposed to show us he has emotional disorder? That's it? A man sitting down in front of a house or a man wearing shorts and carrying a plastic bag has a disorder?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

niyi,
Waidi Akanni, a former international, and a well-respected administrator has been quoted and he is in the vanguard of former players trying to help. The approach should not be to question the veracity of the situation, rather, to augment the rallying effort at rehabilitating the former Internationa or at the minimum, wish Oruma well.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Obong wrote:niyi,
Waidi Akanni, a former international, and a well-respected administrator has been quoted and he is in the vanguard of former players trying to help. The approach should not be to question the veracity of the situation, rather, to augment the rallying effort at rehabilitating the former Internationa or at the minimum, wish Oruma well.
No. It all sounds like baseless rumours so far and there's a chance Oruma doesn't want people speculating about his mental or emotional health.

People will help better if they know Oruma is actually suffering and have an idea of what he's suffering for.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The question everyone should be asking is where is this pastor that took his money? They should try all possible means to get it back
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-Raising Match For Distressed Oruma

Peter Oriaku
1 min ago
By Johnny Edward:
Former Super Eagles captains, Augustine Eguavoen, Samson Siasia and Nwankwo Kanu, have all agreed to take part in a football game to raise funds in a bid to aid the recovery of their former teammate Wilson Oruma who is still in mental distress after losing most of his money to swindlers six years ago, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

The game has been proposed to hold in Lagos in February, former Super Eagles midfielder and ex-Chairman of Lagos State Football Association Waidi Akanni revealed told CSN.

Oruma, 41, who played for Lens, Marseille and Lens in France as well as other European clubs, was allegedly defrauded by a clergy man and some fake oil businessmen to the tune of N1.2 billion in December 2012 and his ex-teammates have agreed to play a novelty game to raise funds for the former Nigeria U-17 captain.

They also intend to use the medium to share their experiences to the current players on how well to manage their finances and life after retiring from football in a career talk programme during the event.

Former Chairman of Lagos State Football Association, Waidi Akanni, who is also a former Nigeria international told Completesportsnigeria.com that a delegation will be sent to meet with Oruma’s family to know how they can help him fully recover.

“Since the news broke that he (Oruma) had a relapse of an emotional disorder, his former teammates having been trying to reach out to people around him to show love to him,” Akanni told CSN on Thursday.

“Taribo, Kanu and some of the Atlanta 96 set are keen to turn out for their former teammate.

“They have all agreed to reach out to his family to see how they can help him out and also use the opportunity to educate the current players on how to plan their future after retirement.

“I’m sure other players who will be contacted later will be willing to take part just as the Lagos State government and the Delta State government, where Oruma hails from.”
https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/k ... -oruma/amp
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

True patriot, wish the brother well... He would have walked into the current squad based on his talent.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

wanaj0 wrote:
Chief, why are you answering a question with a question? If I know what the NFF supposed to do, I would not have asked if the NFF cannot help
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Abeg help me ask them o! I guess the NFF and his fellow players should contribute to replace the N1.2 billion he lost.

I wish him full recovery. I think while being duped of his money may have contributed to worsen the situation, he probably had the disease all along. The real sad issue here as someone pointed out is that mental health one area of healthcare that Nigeria has never addressed.
Oga 1Naija: Providing help to someone, Oruma in this case, does not have to be through money ONLY. If through money, regardless of the source(s), it doesn't have to be replacement of the FULL amount lost
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
john12 wrote:His situation cannot be summed as just “mental illness” for goodness sake, he was duped for 1.2 billion naira. I believe that the money was his life savings so it’s understandable. Anyway, I hope his ex-teammate can resuscitate his life by donating money to him. Get well soon

If you don't know what 'mental health' means. Ask or better yet, use the internet to find out. Classic example of why these issues continue to be misunderstood.

thank you.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

john12 wrote:The moral of his story is for all of us to never joke with your prayer life even if you’re wealthy, healthy doing well etc. I’m saying this because a man situation can just change in a blink of an eye if one doesn’t empower himself with prayers all the time. Also, no matter how wealthy and rich one is we should never worship money. Chai! I Dey say this easily but 1.2 billion naira no be joke 0
...the report said a clergy was part of dupesters that duped him of his wealth. So is this clergy not a prayer warrior?