Uduokhai now open to playing for Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Uduokhai now open to playing for Nigeria

Post by truetalk »

He might just make the WC Squad if he officially makes the switch

http://www.lattenkreuz.de/uduokhai-hael ... aft-offen/

Felix Uduokhai from VfL Wolfsburg is one of the winners of the first round. The 20-year-old was able to establish himself quickly in the first team and delivered mostly strong performances.

Despite the big competition Uduokhai has already been associated with the German national team. However, the ex-1860 professional also has Nigerian roots, so in the future he could also play for the "Super Eagles". His origins are important to the center-back: "I have not been to Nigeria often yet, but I talk a lot about it with my dad, and have kinship there. That's where my roots lie, it's important to me to stay on the wire. "The Nigerian federation has already pretended to Uduokhai, the player himself holds the decision open. "Of course, the German national team is the non plus ultra in world football, but also Nigeria is well staffed. Currently, I'm really open to both sides, "said Uduokhai to the kicker.

For the German U21 selection of the defensive player was already nominated, could not accept the invitation due to injury, however. A renewed reputation of coach Stefan Kuntz, he would follow: "I would be happy, then I would definitely go." The 1.92 -meter professional was compared to his strong performances in the Hinserie already with Jérôme Boateng. "This is definitely an honor, so I feel no pressure. I'm trying to catch a lot of players like him, "said Uduokhai.

"Currently VfL is my dream club"

First European top clubs should be interested in the German U20 national player. Of course, the interest did not go unnoticed by the young VfL player. "I can handle that, yes. But that's not something I need. At the moment this is completely uninteresting for me, I'm glad to be at VfL. Wolfsburg is the perfect club for my development, "said Uduokhai. He does not have a dream club, yet he would be tempted by foreign countries. "Of course, abroad would be interesting at some point," said the summer newcomer and added: "But currently VfL is my dream club. And I also believe that we have the potential to play a different role in Germany again. "
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: Uduokhai now open to playing for Nigeria

Post by Mr Shows »

Taking this with a pinch of salt until I see him having Coffee with Rohr... :smile:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I hope this is not a reverse psychology to get a German call up. I believe Sidney Sam did the same in 2010. However, Sam got “used and dump”
Last edited by john12 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Haha Sidney Sam lol I remember that fool. That's a lesson to those that feel they are too big to represent an African nation.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

It is obvious Rohr has reached out to him. I think his Dad has also put some pressure on him.

He is laying his cards on the table though and saying it like he feels it is.

I am a good player, I think I am able to play for Germany right now, and Germany is one of the best teams in the world. However, I also have Nigerian roots, and Nigeria has a really good National team that I qualify to play for and my Dad has been talking to me a lot about my roots lately.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe, after opening this thread:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:I hope this is not a reverse psychology to get a German call up. I believe Sidney Sam did the same in 2010. However, Sam got “used and dumb”
:blink: :blink: :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:It is obvious Rohr has reached out to him. I think his Dad has also put some pressure on him.

I am a good player, I think I am able to play for Germany right now, and Germany is one of the best teams in the world. However, I also have Nigerian roots, and Nigeria has a really good National team that I qualify to play for and my Dad has been talking to me a lot about my roots lately.
A CB of

Balogun
Ekong
Awaziem
Udokhai
Akpoguma
Omeruo :roll:
Tourunarigha

Pleases me. Rohr can select 4 or 5 (depending on the use of 352 against tougher opposition). Udokhai and Torunarigha can also play as Left Backs.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote:Ayo Akinfe, after opening this thread:

With his stomach on the floor :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Haha Sidney Sam lol I remember that fool. That's a lesson to those that feel they are too big to represent an African nation.
If my memory is not failing me, there are many of the "Sidney Sam" out there, yet it seems the players has learned nothing from what happened to others before them.

Anyway, good luck to the young man. I hope he makes the correct decision
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Haha Sidney Sam lol I remember that fool. That's a lesson to those that feel they are too big to represent an African nation.
If my memory is not failing me, there are many of the "Sidney Sam" out there, yet it seems the players has learned nothing from what happened to others before them.

Oh boy, Owomoyela and Aogo came before them, but as far as they are concerned "my own will be different."

Owomoyela was tied down and dumped by Germany when they named their World Cup final squad that year. :lol:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote:

Oh boy, Owomoyela and Aogo came before them, but as far as they are concerned "my own will be different."

Owomoyela was tied down and dumped by Germany when they named their World Cup final squad that year. :lol:
I remember reading one interview not too long ago where he regretted going with Germany, they really played the guy when we had a serious serious need for a RB.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:Oh boy, Owomoyela and Aogo came before them, but as far as they are concerned "my own will be different."
:lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:It is obvious Rohr has reached out to him. I think his Dad has also put some pressure on him.

A CB of

Balogun
Ekong
Awaziem
Udokhai
Akpoguma
Tourunarigha

Pleases me. Rohr can select 4 or 5 (depending on the use of 352 against tougher opposition). Udokhai and Torunarigha can also play as Left Backs.
Touranighoura is a fullback!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

A CB of

Balogun
Ekong
Awaziem
Udokhai
Akpoguma
Tourunarigha

Uncle wAyo, have you finished twerking? :P

We needed an updated list... who's in and who's out.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

A CB of

Balogun
Ekong
Awaziem
Udokhai
Akpoguma
Tourunarigha

He's a centre back.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

A CB of

Balogun
Ekong
Awaziem
Udokhai
Akpoguma
Tourunarigha

Uncle wAyo, have you finished twerking? :P

We needed an updated list... who's in and who's out.
We appear OK on the centreback department. It is probably the one area where we have excess talent:

Balogun
Ekong
Omeruo
Awaziem
Agbo
Udokhai

Areas where we have problems are in goal, playmaking and upfront. Let us revisit this issue at the end of the transfer window.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

A CB of

Balogun
Ekong
Awaziem
Udokhai
Akpoguma
Tourunarigha

He is LCB and a LB. Considering we are looking at a 3-5-2 in some games, he (as well as Udokhai) will be very good for the LCB position.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Mixed race foreign born Nigerian footballers cannot be trusted. They will always be two faced about their intentions.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ogasir wrote:Mixed race foreign born Nigerian footballers cannot be trusted. They will always be two faced about their intentions.
Which players do you have in mind?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

ogasir wrote:Mixed race foreign born Nigerian footballers cannot be trusted. They will always be two faced about their intentions.
Mods should ban this xenophobic clown. Odewinge?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ban him for what? Is he lying? How many times have we seen foreign born Nigerians used us as a 2nd option? Anyway, most of our foreign born Nigerians age are factual
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

john12 wrote:Ban him for what? Is he lying? How many times have we seen foreign born Nigerians used us as a 2nd option? Anyway, most of our foreign born Nigerians age are factual
He said mixed race not foreign born ...big difference. Plus you can't blame them from representing Country of their birth.