Mbappe is going to be bigger and better than Thierry Henry

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Mbappe is going to be bigger and better than Thierry Henry

Post by charlie »

At his young age of 19, he is for me the best pure striker in the world today.
He can do everything you want in the position. He can move with and without the ball. He has a natural nose for goal, he can pass, hold position and shoot with deadly accuracy.

With PSG, he is second only to Neymar in Assists (8) and 3rd overall in goals (8).
I cant think of any other young striker in world football that is even close to his talent level at this point.

I see a lot of Thierry Henry in him, a 25-26 year old Thierry Henry. Then it hits me that he is only 19. My mouth is watering at what he will become when he grows fully into his body.

Last edited by charlie on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!
Re: Mbappe is going to be bigger and better than Thierry Hen

Post by AreaStarr »

Please do not put unnecessary pressure on the youngman by comparing him to a legend. He will blaze his own trail.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

AreaStarr wrote:Please do not put unnecessary pressure on the youngman by comparing him to a legend. He will blaze his own trail.
My broder, a comment on a forum is just one opinion. I doubt Mbappe will ever know I think he can one day be better than Thierry Henry.

In any case, if playing for PSG is not pressure enough, I dont know what is, and he seems to be handling it with ease.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The young lad is a beast!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I think he will surpass Henry easily. I see him going on to become France's main player in a few hears time something Henry didn't quite achieve
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Samora Machel wrote:I think he will surpass Henry easily. I see him going on to become France's main player in a few hears time something Henry didn't quite achieve
Hard to be France's main player when you have one Zinedine Zidane in your squad.
Mbappe also has competition in the current French squad for the best player title, with the talent they have.

France has to be major favorites for the world cup this year.
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

Once again let's not set unrealistic expectations on the youngman by comparing him to a legend.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

These Mbappes where do they come from?
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He is so athletic and has that long galloping stride style that looks awkward, but that allows him to cover masses of ground quickly. Sky is the limit for him if he stays grounded.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

If he stay injury free he will be heading towards the real Ronaldo direction not Henry,as a Henry fan and a beloved legend he was never good at 19 like this kid.
Henry is wasteful and never play for a big club with pressure as PSG is today.i mean at 19 this kids is benching super stars like Di Maria.
The boy is pure gold even Messi at 19 was not much better than this kids.I know what he did at Monaco last year and since his departure Monaco are yet to hit that kind form.
Let the boy stay healthy and he will be fighting for world best players in two years time ,he is that good.
He just need a great coach to guide him to that part.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Think he should have stayed one more year at Monaco and continued his development ... great talent nonetheless
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

kajifu wrote:If he stay injury free he will be heading towards the real Ronaldo direction not Henry,as a Henry fan and a beloved legend he was never good at 19 like this kid.
Henry is wasteful and never play for a big club with pressure as PSG is today.i mean at 19 this kids is benching super stars like Di Maria.
The boy is pure gold even Messi at 19 was not much better than this kids.I know what he did at Monaco last year and since his departure Monaco are yet to hit that kind form.
Let the boy stay healthy and he will be fighting for world best players in two years time ,he is that good.
He just need a great coach to guide him to that part.
:thumb: :agree: Gbam!
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:These Mbappes where do they come from?
his mom is algerian and his father cameroonian.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:These Mbappes where do they come from?
his mom is algerian and his father cameroonian.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

On top his enormous talent, you have to listen to the kid speak. His self-control is out of this word. French journalists run to him after games even at the end of the national team games. This kid sounds like he is 50 years old.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

anikulapo wrote:Think he should have stayed one more year at Monaco and continued his development ... great talent nonetheless
He is playing week in week out for PSG so not sure what else he could have gotten out of staying at Monaco.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

jdizzy wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Think he should have stayed one more year at Monaco and continued his development ... great talent nonetheless
He is playing week in week out for PSG so not sure what else he could have gotten out of staying at Monaco.
Also playing with superstars like Neymar Jr is surely good for his development.