The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by tolahs »

Cally wrote:
platinum wrote:Coq has officially signed for Valencia. 12 million pounds, contract till June 2022.
Release clause......80million Euros
I wish you the best, Francis Coquelin, you put in your best whenever you pulled on that shirt.

Take care...
Blue Collar - put in that shift - Bless soldier!!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

platinum wrote:
Blukyt wrote:There rumour of a deal Agreed with Ancelotti to replace Wenger. Is this his last season?

I'm getting excited!!!
Blukyt, why do you do these things to yourself?
:) :ohmy: :biggrin:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Y'all remember the hopes we'd for this Youth Cup winning team???
@jeorgebird:
Arsenal senior appearances by Youth Cup winning squad
Wilshere - 180
Coquelin - 160
Frimpong - 16
Eastmond - 10
Lansbury - 8
Emmanuel-Thomas - 5
Watt - 3
Ozyakup, Sunu - 2
Bartley, Cruise, Henderson - 1
Afobe, Ayling, Blackwood, Deacon, Evina, Freeman, Lee, Mann, Murphy, Shea - 0
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Good luck LeCoq
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 1.html?amp

Le Coq regrets not leaving Arsenal earlier :roll: :lol: :lol: delusional clown
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Manchester comfortably discussing Beloved's best player. With no shame.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:Manchester comfortably discussing Beloved's best player. With no shame.
Why?Someone see fine thing and go for it and you are here talking about shame
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ManU going for Alexis whilst they're favs for Ozil is a major poker hand - class players with EPL experience helping JM get that contract extension
- reading elsewhere they're also checking out Vardy.
We need to do better than a bunch of 19 - 21 yr olds - like when Overmars & Petit left - we need some 5 - 6 players in this window - it's a seller's market & will be for a while - bring them in now so we know what to do in the offseason - we're terribly slow with these matters - almost like
electric power shortage issues.
I am fed up with reading about "Alexis replacement" - heck we need way more.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:Image

:clap: :clap:

wetting be dis? :shock: :shock: :shock:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Blukyt wrote:There rumour of a deal Agreed with Ancelotti to replace Wenger. Is this his last season?

I'm getting excited!!!

Ancelotti ko, Mancini, abi na Ranieri ni.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

tolahs wrote:ManU going for Alexis whilst they're favs for Ozil is a major poker hand - class players with EPL experience helping JM get that contract extension
We need to do better than a bunch of 19 - 21 yr olds - like when Overmars & Petit left - we need some 5 - 6 players in this window - it's a seller's market & will be for a while - bring them in now so we know what to do in the offseason - we're terribly slow with these matters - almost like
That ship has sailed a while ago. Players like Vardy used Arsenal to add meat to his ogbono soup at Leicester, while the likes of RvP, Ox, and now, potentially Ozil and Sanchez, forced their way out to join rivals.

Wenger is still stubbornly doing shakara oloje instead of looking inwards. None would have cared if he still had the magic of unearthing and attracting the likes of Kante, Lemar and Mbappe...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

Whispers of Ancelotti waiting in the wings please God let it be true.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Why is Walcott still at Arsenal?
Whatever happened to Lucas Perez?
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

bepanda wrote:Why is Walcott still at Arsenal?
Whatever happened to Lucas Perez?

Perez is out on loan in Spain.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Perez was Podolski-lite, garbage, much like the Joel Campbells and other dogsh*t dressed up as the business by the drag stylists jitterbugging in big house Ashburton. The stamdard was set many moons back and Wenger saw fit to go at Agueros and Yayas armed with Bobby Girouds and Francine Coco Pops.

Look how openly City and United are discussing Sanchez, akin to a wife in a husband's hand and the audience discussing how arched they intend to have her back as they saddle up and gallop on her derby day.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
tolahs wrote:ManU going for Alexis whilst they're favs for Ozil is a major poker hand - class players with EPL experience helping JM get that contract extension
That ship has sailed a while ago. Players like Vardy used Arsenal to add meat to his ogbono soup at Leicester, while the likes of RvP, Ox, and now, potentially Ozil and Sanchez, forced their way out to join rivals.

Wenger is still stubbornly doing shakara oloje instead of looking inwards. None would have cared if he still had the magic of unearthing and attracting the likes of Kante, Lemar and Mbappe...
When it was announced that Sven Mislintat is joining Arsenal, Arsene said that they (as in arsene and his scouting team) know about all the talent available in Europe except maybe in the German lower leagues and that is where maybe they gonna need Sven's expertise. Then Sven recommended that Arsenal sign Mavropanos with the intention to loan him to Werder Bremen but after one training session Arsene changed his mind and stated that he is good enough to stay and he doesnt need to go on loan for further development. That doesnt sound like somebody who knew how good that kid was but more like somebody who hates change and views any change as just a way to undermine his authority. He said they know and scouted every talent in Europe but how come he didnt know about about the kid's potential till after one training session? Its quite obvious he didnt know who that kid was and he sanctioned the loan move to show the new guy who is in control.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

If Wenger stay in for say another 3 years this team will go backward that we will need to spend crazy money just to make top 4.
Wenger need to wake up before people remember him as that coach who failed to take us to CL footie foir the last few years.
I still have hopes we will win Europa ,I think we are good if small adjustment are carry out.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Honestly if Ozil and Sanchez not staying they should just leave next week and we still have 2 weeks to f igure what to do than drag till last day and leave then no proper time to buy
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

kajifu wrote:If Wenger stay in for say another 3 years this team will go backward that we will need to spend crazy money just to make top 4.
Wenger need to wake up before people remember him as that coach who failed to take us to CL footie foir the last few years.
I still have hopes we will win Europa ,I think we are good if small adjustment are carry out.
Arsenal will at least reach the semifinals and get knocked out by the first decent opponent they meet at the semis
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

kajifu wrote:Honestly if Ozil and Sanchez not staying they should just leave next week and we still have 2 weeks to f igure what to do than drag till last day and leave then no proper time to buy
Arsenal as a whole is a reflection of wenger.....no planning only react when cornered and same thing again next season. They gonna let one if not two of those go at the last minute and fail with a last bid offer for whoever will be available.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I was watching the semi final game again and I'm seriously wondering what grudge Wenger has against Mo El Neny.

I mea I see the work rate, mobility, close control, incredible spatial awareness, peripheral vision and delicate on touch passing ability, yet Wenger remains a reluctant fan. If that boy was French he would be playing every game :curse: :curse:

What Xhacrap has over him remains a mystery :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anikulapo wrote:I was watching the semi final game again and I'm seriously wondering what grudge Wenger has against Mo El Neny.

I mea I see the work rate, mobility, close control, incredible spatial awareness, peripheral vision and delicate on touch passing ability, yet Wenger remains a reluctant fan. If that boy was French he would be playing every game :curse: :curse:

Wenger is an enigma. Xhaka has been sub-par, but it may have to do with the Arsenal style...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I was watching the semi final game again and I'm seriously wondering what grudge Wenger has against Mo El Neny.

Wenger is an enigma. Xhaka has been sub-par, but it may have to do with the Arsenal style...

He is not an EPL player

MLK.