Uduokhai now open to playing for Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogasir
Egg
Egg
Re: Uduokhai now open to playing for Nigeria

Post by ogasir »

The YeyeMan wrote:
ogasir wrote:Mixed race foreign born Nigerian footballers cannot be trusted. They will always be two faced about their intentions.
Which players do you have in mind?
Sidney Sam
Dennis Aogo
Akpoguma
Uduokhai
Even Bryan Idowu and Ebuehi were acting kinda funny when Rohr approached them initially. In fact most mixed race Nigerian footballers acted shady when Nigeria approached them
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
ogasir wrote:Mixed race foreign born Nigerian footballers cannot be trusted. They will always be two faced about their intentions.
Mods should ban this xenophobic clown. Odewinge?
Man piss of
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Wont blame him for choosing to role with Ze Mannschaft.
That said I would be delighted if he decided to play with us.
We can always do with more help in our defense.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Because all actual as you say "full race" Nigerians have proven that they can always be trusted and are never 2 faced about their intentions???

In the words of the great Peter Tosh: Don't care where you come from
As long as you're a black man, you're an African

God knows Oyinbo racists dont differentiate between mixed and non mixed raced Africans, so its a shame that some of us so called Africans do so.

I think your bigotted comments say more about you and your 2 faced intentions than the actions of foreign born Nigerians that want to play for their Mother/Father land.

Me I say, If they love Nigeria, they are more than welcome. We need all the help we can get.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This is a big insult to some our heroes like Tunji Banjo, George Abbey, Osaze Odemwingie, Leon Balogun, William Ekong, etc. Moderators, are you going to ignore this blatant racism and xenophobia?
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

True words Oga Ayo.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

ogasir wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Sidney Sam
Dennis Aogo
Akpoguma
Uduokhai
Even Bryan Idowu and Ebuehi were acting kinda funny when Rohr approached them initially. In fact most mixed race Nigerian footballers acted shady when Nigeria approached them
It s not about trust. These players had legitimate options and made their choice.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
This is a big insult to some our heroes like Tunji Banjo, George Abbey, Osaze Odemwingie, Leon Balogun, William Ekong, etc. Moderators, are you going to ignore this blatant racism and xenophobia?
What about good old reliable Reuben Agboola? :sad:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Yes. He deserves a mention too and Carl Ikeme. In fact, the list will be much longer. I cannot believe someone is getting away with this kind of language. We are all up in arms about Donald Trump and are letting someone get away with this kind of racism and xenophobia!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:I hope this is not a reverse psychology to get a German call up. I believe Sidney Sam did the same in 2010. However, Sam got “used and dumb”
:blink: :blink: :blink:
issokay...he went to Ansar Ud Deen school IV....

Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Yes. He deserves a mention too and Carl Ikeme. In fact, the list will be much longer. I cannot believe someone is getting away with this kind of language. We are all up in arms about Donald Trump and are letting someone get away with this kind of racism and xenophobia!
I have reported, I have spoken out, and nothing seems to be done about it.I have always been a fighter for civil and human rights, and been a staunch opponent for racism, bigotry and chauvinism. I never thought one day that I will be "tired" of fighting. As you can see, its taking me a long time to respond to this thread-- because I am TIRED! I dont understand it. I think this is a no-brainer! Bigotry is unacceptable, in any form. Its that simple. I dont know if the moderators are afraid to punish this because if they do, it will mean that they did not punish their friend, NFAchairman. Or is it that some moderators also share these bigoted views?

I respectfully call for a poll. Please, lets vote-- should there be a zero tolerance for bigotry in all forms?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Imagine this line up

-----------Dressers--Odemwingie---------
----Bazee----Sidney Sam...Omowoyela
-----------------D. Osede--
---Balogun--Udokhai-Ekong--Ebuehi
--------------Ikeme/Okoye
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I have reported, I have spoken out, and nothing seems to be done about it.I have always been a fighter for civil and human rights, and been a staunch opponent for racism, bigotry and chauvinism. I never thought one day that I will be "tired" of fighting. As you can see, its taking me a long time to respond to this thread-- because I am TIRED! I dont understand it. I think this is a no-brainer! Bigotry is unacceptable, in any form. Its that simple. I dont know if the moderators are afraid to punish this because if they do, it will mean that they did not punish their friend, NFAchairman. Or is it that some moderators also share these bigoted views?

I respectfully call for a poll. Please, lets vote-- should there be a zero tolerance for bigotry in all forms?
Oga Danfo Driver,

You want us to legislate against people making stupid, racist, xenophobic statements? How about tribalistic statements?
The Internet is forever. I like people to lay bare their inner self... show the world how despicable they are.
Africans are up in arms about what Trump said yet have not qualms treating and referring to fellow Africans in a condescending manner.
Please let them display their hypocrisy in full view of the public...

But if you all decide that we should ban it, then we should.

Please carry out a poll.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Oga Danfo Driver,

You want us to legislate against people making stupid, racist, xenophobic statements? How about tribalistic statements?
The Internet is forever. I like people to lay bare their inner self... show the world how despicable they are.
Africans are up in arms about what Trump said yet have not qualms treating and referring to fellow Africans in a condescending manner.

Please carry out a poll.

Na today? I wont tell you lies, the thing taya person.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Oga Danfo Driver,

Please carry out a poll.
I cant believe we are even discussing a poll to ban bigotry in statements. It was my understanding this was already part of the forum rules.

Refer to rule #3 of your own forum rules: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=218618

Cellular, no need to punt on the issue with a poll. Take a stand and do the right thing.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Haha Sidney Sam lol I remember that fool. That's a lesson to those that feel they are too big to represent an African nation.
:thumbs: He got his wish to play for Germany though!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I will take this with a grain of salt until he officially makes the switch. I want to see this guy training with the SEs with his Naija jersey. Hanging out with Balogun and co and with a brand new Naija passport in tow. Talk is cheap.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Udoukhai would be a steal. Germany do see him as a potential national team quality player.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Balogun, Ekong, Iwobi, Ebuehi... oh wait.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Thank you Ayo.
I don’t want to be a part of a forum that tolerates the same sort of rampant racism and discrimination that is making the world an uglier place. Nothing would end my participation faster.
It’s an insult to so many of our heroes. It’s very likely a direct insult to many of the members of this forum. And it’s far, far beneath us, even if it wins American elections.
I’d love to know specifically where the moderators stand on this issue, so I know where I stand on this site.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Thank you Ayo.
I don’t want to be a part of a forum that tolerates the same sort of rampant racism and discrimination that is making the world an uglier place. Nothing would end my participation faster.
It’s an insult to so many of our heroes. It’s very likely a direct insult to many of the members of this forum. And it’s far, far beneath us, even if it wins American elections.
I’d love to know specifically where the moderators stand on this issue, so I know where I stand on this site.
Agreed. It is one thing to discuss about the suitability of Nigerians brought up abroad (not necessarily mixed race) for the senior and junior teams. However to suggest that a group of Nigerians are less trustworthy because of their race is disappointing and should not be accepted here.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Back to centre backs, if you ask me which of our centre backs are likely to become world class over the next three to four years, I would go for Uduokhai and Awaziem.