TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [FA] TOT vs WBD

Post by toyin133 »

toyin133 wrote:Resistance broken by Kane
Kane at the double
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Last edited by Cristao II on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Harry Kane has now surpassed Teddy Sheringham and moved into ninth on Spurs' list of all-time top goalscorers. He's on 125.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Vertonghen thunderblaster to make it 3
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Vertonghen with a rocket from 25 yards, taking a slight deflection off Fuller as it arrows into the top corner. The 'Super Jan' celebration is back!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Good to see the lads come through with the vital goals. It was getting a little bit hairy there.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Game over. Disappointed that it wasnt televised like other matches..

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Into the 4th round we go.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Another winger bites the dust - Nkoudou off on loan to Burnley for rest of season.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Another winger bites the dust - Nkoudou off on loan to Burnley for rest of season.
We've bought two speedsters from France and both have struggled to adapt and end up leaving. Considering the hassle we went through to sign this Nkoudou. Mshjheeewww. He better represent at Burnley
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Pochettino: "We cant compete with the big clubs"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... sfers.html
Last edited by danfo driver on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT vs EVE

Post by Its a Goal »

Surprised we didn't sign Ross Barkley after all the brohaha over him the last 2 seasons.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Back to the PL. Against a team that should be a legit top 6 but struggling to reach their potential. A team that has been under performing for far too long. In the first round we beat them comfortably at their ground 2 nil but things have changed since then. They have changed their coach as Koeman has left and in comes Allardyce. Everton is slowly but surely finding form and moving up the table.

We haven't added any players to the roaster this window but reduced the squad with the loss of Nkoudou to Burnley. I hope he finds playing time there as well as his form so that he can come back in the summer to start fighting for a shirt, but more importantly, help take points off the pack we are chasing. There are no new injuries to report and the only player out injured long term, Toby, should be close to fitness. There is no news on Rose injury so hopefully that is good news on that front. Today is going to be a selection headache. My team for the day is will be:

• Kane
    • Son
  • Eriksen* Dele

Rose * Wanyama * Aurier
Jan * Sanchez * Dier
    • Lloris

Lloris hasn't kept a cleansheet in a while. He has to be mindful of his place as MoPo doesn't mind benching any of his players if they are not producing as expected. Dier should feel well rested now and be ready to start giving his best performance henceforth. A good first team that should be able to pick all 3 points.

COYS!

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Surprised we didn't sign Ross Barkley after all the brohaha over him the last 2 seasons.
He rejected you. Thats what that link is about. Poch complaining that he cant attract the players he wants.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Surprised we didn't sign Ross Barkley after all the brohaha over him the last 2 seasons.
Glad that we didnt sign him!!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Surprised we didn't sign Ross Barkley after all the brohaha over him the last 2 seasons.
He rejected you. Thats what that link is about. Poch complaining that he cant attract the players he wants.
It is only in your mind that you are hearing the fuss MoPo has said he is fine with the way Spurs is going about its business.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ref is not calling fouls done against our players.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The game is quite open as Everton hasn't come to park the bus. Should be an entertaining game.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Surprised we didn't sign Ross Barkley after all the brohaha over him the last 2 seasons.
It is only in your mind that you are hearing the fuss MoPo has said he is fine with the way Spurs is going about its business.
I didnt write the article in the link. :D
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Aurier should do better with his crosses.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son should have done better.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Everton applying pressure.