The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:All this Sanchez stories are similar in various news outlets. Points to the fact that one party is busy feeding the media.

We know the media will not get a thing from Arsenal so they will favour the party that gives them the news.

In the midst of their mud slinging at our club. They have almost succeeded in deceiving a section of our fans who just want to knock the club.

If these reports are correct, we know they have been wrong many times, and Sanchez joins ManCity for the reported Wages of £13million after Tax.

Then he will be on around 500K per wk, then factor in the reported signing Fee of circa £30million, this means his effective Wages per week will be over £1million!!!!

And Gullible fans say its NOT about money.
First of, this is business, so it IS about money. However, I believe anyone who is fair will admit that money has NOTHING to do with Sanchez's reason for leaving Arsenal. He is leaving because his ambitions are something the club simply cannot offer him.

Lets be honest about it. Arsenal is presently in Europa League, is that Sanchez's ambition? After almost every game, the guy looks dejected and unhappy.

Yes! He will negotiate for an outrageous amount of money when he lives. This is a job! A careeer! He is a professional who plays the game FOR MONEY, like everyone else. However, HE WILL LEAVE ARSENAL BECAUSE OF A DIFFERENCE IN AMBITION, NOT MONEY,
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

To moaners and malcontents, Sanchez is leaving, get over it, move on, accept the inevitable change that is taking place. It is not the end of 'The Arsenal, we got by before he was here and we will do the same after. I only want players who want to play for The Arsenal

Look forward to the transition, I am, it started in the summer, it is the start of something completely new. It is exciting.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:To moaners and malcontents, Sanchez is leaving, get over it, move on, accept the inevitable change that is taking place. It is not the end of 'The Arsenal, we got by before he was here and we will do the same after. I only want players who want to play for The Arsenal

Look forward to the transition, I am, it started in the summer, it is the start of something completely new. It is exciting.

Isn’t this what you say every season :taunt: :taunt: we are still waiting for this new dawn :woot:

Oh btw I see you pick race from the Wenger quotes on ANN :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:To moaners and malcontents, Sanchez is leaving, get over it, move on, accept the inevitable change that is taking place. It is not the end of 'The Arsenal, we got by before he was here and we will do the same after. I only want players who want to play for The Arsenal

Isn’t this what you say every season :taunt: :taunt: we are still waiting for this new dawn :woot:

This group of players won 3 FA Cups in 4 years. They failed to win the title. The failure of FFP means Arsenal must plot a new course to challenge the petro-dollars in this league.

Recent appointments and buys have given a clear indication of how the club will do exactly just this.

I'm up for the ride. Are you? :taunt: :taunt:

I have heard and discussed all Wenger's quotes.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

This group of players won 3 FA Cups in 4 years. They failed to win the title. The failure of FFP means Arsenal must plot a new course to challenge the petro-dollars in this league.

Recent appointments and buys have given a clear indication of how the club will do exactly just this.

The ride has run its course ... needs a new Driver, new vision and a new course plan. Love Arsene, he is the best thing to ever happen to this club but without Dein his worst impulses and weaknesses have been exposed and exploited to the detriment of the club
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

And who is dragging the Sanchez/Ozil saga ? Master Wenger.
Last year, he dragged the club through mud by refusing to sign a contract until the end of the year. This year, he is dragging the team through uncertainty by keeping a player who doesn't want to be here, by being indecisive. He is stifling the progress of players who are expected to be the future of the club (Lacazzette) for players who will be scoring goal for other teams in a few weeks. Wenger is basically keeping Sanchez sharp for Man City/Man United or wherever he might end up going.
Where would this team be without Sanchez? Leicester level? or West Ham level? Basically 30 points behind City?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

The ride has run its course ... needs a new Driver, new vision and a new course plan. Love Arsene, he is the best thing to ever happen to this club but without Dein his worst impulses and weaknesses have been exposed and exploited to the detriment of the club
Your opinion, which has no basis in performance or facts. Come May we judge. Arsenal still have a lot to play this season.

He has a two year contract. He makes CL and wins another trophy, he stays another 3 years. Wanna bet? It is Wenger's call and I love it.

Only at the Emirates stadium can the supporters get him out. Not here or the empty vessels in social media.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Your opinion, which has no basis in performance or facts. Come May we judge. Arsenal still have a lot to play this season.

He has a two year contract. He makes CL and wins another trophy, he stays another 3 years. Wanna bet? It is Wenger's call and I love it.

Only at the Emirates stadium can the supporters get him out. Not here or the empty vessels in social media.

Wait wait, what?????
Bia Waffi are you ok? You remind me of the Mugus playing the violin while the Titanic-was sinking and waiting for chariots of Fire from heaven to come rescue them ... SMH :mrgreen:

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Watching Valencia Vs Depor

1. Depor has Lucas in front he is not doing so well ..in my opinion.

2. Coquelin slotted into the team and started today paired with Parejo ...Seems he will do just fine ..why because Parejo plays like Carzola ! and we all know Carzola made Coq a star..

3. Gabby is Gabby.

In summary I am happy for all our ex players on display .. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Watching Valencia Vs Depor

2. Coquelin slotted into the team and started today paired with Parejo ...Seems he will do just fine ..why because Parejo plays like Carzola ! and we all know Carzola made Coq a star..

3. Gabby is Gabby.

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018 ... hlights-2/

Highlights for those that're curious - sloppy goals conceded by Deportivo.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bookmarked
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I was watching the semi final game again and I'm seriously wondering what grudge Wenger has against Mo El Neny.

I mea I see the work rate, mobility, close control, incredible spatial awareness, peripheral vision and delicate on touch passing ability, yet Wenger remains a reluctant fan. If that boy was French he would be playing every game :curse: :curse:

What Xhacrap has over him remains a mystery :curse:

Wenger is an enigma. Xhaka has been sub-par, but it may have to do with the Arsenal style...
Niks's being an idealist but we're talking AW here - forget meritocracy & tactical balance. Go back to Mo's 1st season - he played
simple ball - pass & move to be an option, he sat back to cover the FB who was attacking & stayed close to defenders for weak side
support but AW had to change that -- be a Ramsey & just run forward w/o regard to team shape.
The kid has regressed & lacks confidence compared to his 1st season - just remember we agreed a $10 or $12 fee with WBA for the kid - not sure they'd replacements lined up.
On Xhaka just like AW kept picking Reyes over a sharper RVP cos of transfer fees - Xhaka will hardly be benched.

This joker is all over the board ... I guess WBA is now Leicester’? I guess they are neighbors in the midlands but :rotf: :rotf:

And Reyes over a young and petulant Judas is what this guy is grasping for ? Dude go to sleep Abeg ... you are all over the map :lol:

The kpekere vibe is extremely childish & misplaced - fact remains Arsenal were willing to sell Mo at a price many saw as very low.
A young RVP wasn't a judas - Reyes was with all the Spanish radio interviews - 2018(maturity).
8-) :sneaky: :!: :ohmy:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:And who is dragging the Sanchez/Ozil saga ? Master Wenger.
Last year, he dragged the club through mud by refusing to sign a contract until the end of the year. This year, he is dragging the team through uncertainty by keeping a player who doesn't want to be here, by being indecisive. He is stifling the progress of players who are expected to be the future of the club (Lacazzette) for players who will be scoring goal for other teams in a few weeks. Wenger is basically keeping Sanchez sharp for Man City/Man United or wherever he might end up going.
Where would this team be without Sanchez? Leicester level? or West Ham level? Basically 30 points behind City?
He can only do what we allow him to - at this point bring in 2 or 3 impact players & bench Alexis if you've to.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Watching Valencia Vs Depor

3. Gabby is Gabby.

You are spot on ... wished I watched that game :curse:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

I watched a bit of Troyes vs Bordeaux to see Malcom - low level football - not really testing - he's rumoured to be N_London bound - the kid
will need time(rest of the season) at the least.
Also watched LCFC @Chelsea in the 2nd half after the redcard with Riyad being the striker - saw highlights later on M.O.T.D - that some gooners still say this dude ain't good enough to play for us is baffling - his right foot is decent - he's not about going left all the time - gotta get dude.He's an impact player - if Liverpool are really on his case - you'll have 2 awesome players in Riyad & Sallah - they get 2nd place - shirt sales in the Arab world will be ridiculous.
Last edited by tolahs on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

bookmarked
Bookmark yourself and fark off.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:I watched a bit of Troyes vs Bordeaux to see Malcom - low level football - not really testing - he's rumoured to be N_London bound - the kid
Also watched LCFC @Chelsea in the 2nd half after the redcard with Riyad being the striker - saw highlights later on M.O.T.D - that some gooners still say this dude ain't good enough to play for us is baffling - his right foot is decent - he's not about going left all the time - gotta get dude.He's an impact player - if Liverpool are really on his case - you'll 2 awesome players in Riyad & Sallah - they get 2nd place - shirt sales in the Arab world will be ridiculous.

As usual, rambling, incoherent and all around clueless. This dude is a lower level clone of Ohenhen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Haba Waffi take am easy now. No be fight now :scared:
Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

bookmarked

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Arsenal gambled on Sanchez situation and lost. Hardly a secret Sanchez was never going to re-up but....here is where Arsenal major weakness of struggling to lock down deals on players they genuinely covet forces them into unenviable situation.

Arsenal have had far less resources in the past and come out golden, i.e selling Anelka and buying Henry, selling Overmars and Petit and buying Pires, Wiltord and Edu. Main difference then was they had David Dein to wrap up likes of Henry, Pires, Wiltord in a pinch. It is clear AW and Arsenal want a replacement signed up before they move Sanchez. Saw that on deadline day with Lemar "deal", a plan that would be best described as disorganized and haphazard...thank you once again Mr.d#$% Law and Monsieur Wenger.

Arsenal do not want a repeat of RVP to Man Utd fallout, The club and AW well aware fans patience with them is at an all time low in AW era. If rumors are to be believed the club is very close to locking down much hyped Malcolm and Jonny Evans. Fallout out on and off the pitch remains to be seen but..it's a better option then selling Sanchez sans any replacement or losing him on a free in June.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal gambled on Sanchez situation and lost. Hardly a secret Sanchez was never going to re-up but....here is where Arsenal major weakness of struggling to lock down deals on players they genuinely covet forces them into unenviable situation.

Arsenal have had far less resources in the past and come out golden, i.e selling Anelka and buying Henry, selling Overmars and Petit and buying Pires, Wiltord and Edu. Main difference then was they had David Dein to wrap up likes of Henry, Pires, Wiltord in a pinch. It is clear AW and Arsenal want a replacement signed up before they move Sanchez. Saw that on deadline day with Lemar "deal", a plan that would be best described as disorganized and haphazard...thank you once again Mr.d#$% Law and Monsieur Wenger.

Arsenal do not want a repeat of RVP to Man Utd fallout, The club and AW well aware fans patience with them is at an all time low in AW era. If rumors are to be believed the club is very close to locking down much hyped Malcolm and Jonny Evans. Fallout out on and off the pitch remains to be seen but..it's a better option then selling Sanchez sans any replacement or losing him on a free in June.
Poor performances on the pitch & deeply embarrassing optics off it. Those 2 players aren't impact type players - this fanbase needs better - we're really in Mugabe mode - disregard for fans.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:I watched a bit of Troyes vs Bordeaux to see Malcom - low level football - not really testing - he's rumoured to be N_London bound - the kid
Also watched LCFC @Chelsea in the 2nd half after the redcard with Riyad being the striker - saw highlights later on M.O.T.D - that some gooners still say this dude ain't good enough to play for us is baffling - his right foot is decent - he's not about going left all the time - gotta get dude.He's an impact player - if Liverpool are really on his case - you'll 2 awesome players in Riyad & Sallah - they get 2nd place - shirt sales in the Arab world will be ridiculous.

As usual, rambling, incoherent and all around clueless. This dude is a lower level clone of Ohenhen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're so into peeing contests - you might as well walk the streets pantless - Twelve-step programs got limits.. :scared: :cry: :sleep:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal gambled on Sanchez situation and lost. Hardly a secret Sanchez was never going to re-up but....here is where Arsenal major weakness of struggling to lock down deals on players they genuinely covet forces them into unenviable situation.

Do you really believe Arsenal will sell Sanchez without a top replacement? I have heard rumours of one. I think it will be top 4 suicide if they do not have a deal for a top player lined up. I do not think Malcolm is the only possibility, I argue he will be Theo's replacement, not Sanchez. But what do I know?

As for Dein, do not forget one reason he was forced out was cos he went against the Board's agreement and £5 grand extra for Ashley Cole. The key here is the Arsenal Board and what they are willing to spend.

Rumours of Sanchez not being in the squad.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

bookmarked
you are a petulant insufferable child, who tries to bully and insult whenever no one agrees with you.....
interesting that your sordid demeanour is directly proportional to wenger's imminent demise
you have flip flopped and meandered from one excuse to another, constantly shifting expectational goal posts
you know NOTHING about the modern game because you refuse to learn about the harsh realities of the modern game
and that is why you lash out on this forum......no matter, I still enjoy your analytical pieces since I don't buy comics anymore.... :laugh: :laugh:
be blessed
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke