Ebuehi passes Benfica medicals

Re: Ebuehi passes Benfica medicals

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Is the Portuguese league an improvement on the Dutch league? As yourself if Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon have achieved more than Ajax, PSV Eindhoven or Feyernoord for instance.

Ajax needs no introduction but do you know that in 1970 Feyenoord of Rotterdam were the first Dutch outfit to collect the European Cup (defeating Celtic 2–1 after extra time). Now, in my opinion, a player of Ebuehi's calibre should go from the Dutch league straight to say Liverpool, Man City, Juventus, Barcelona, Borrussia Dortmund, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Roma, Man United, etc.

Moving from Ado Den Haag to Benfica is essentially a sideways move. I fail to see how it constitutes progress.
Fail to see your point, iven Benfica had already won the European Cup TWICE by then... :blink:
why do yall invest una time replying to a miss-informed fella.... after watching that video of Ayo with a bunch of women talking about some awards in UK , nah then i know bobo no be am .. e no sharp at all

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Is the Portuguese league an improvement on the Dutch league? As yourself if Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon have achieved more than Ajax, PSV Eindhoven or Feyernoord for instance.

Ajax needs no introduction but do you know that in 1970 Feyenoord of Rotterdam were the first Dutch outfit to collect the European Cup (defeating Celtic 2–1 after extra time). Now, in my opinion, a player of Ebuehi's calibre should go from the Dutch league straight to say Liverpool, Man City, Juventus, Barcelona, Borrussia Dortmund, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Roma, Man United, etc.

Moving from Ado Den Haag to Benfica is essentially a sideways move. I fail to see how it constitutes progress.
Fail to see your point, iven Benfica had already won the European Cup TWICE by then... :blink:
My point is very, very simple. Moving from Ado Den Hagg to Benfica is a sideways move. Progress in my opinion would have represented Ebuehi going to a team like:

Paris Saint Germain
Borrussia Dortmund
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool

Ebuehi should look at someone like Ainsley Maitland-Niles and see the minimum level at which he should be playing. If you ask me, I think he should have held out until a more substantial club came along.

My point is very, very simple. Moving from Ado Den Hagg to Benfica is a sideways move. Progress in my opinion would have represented Ebuehi going to a team like:

Paris Saint Germain
Borrussia Dortmund
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool

Ebuehi should look at someone like Ainsley Maitland-Niles and see the minimum level at which he should be playing. If you ask me, I think he should have held out until a more substantial club came along.
I understand you like to be outlandish. You think it creates debate, and thats fine. However, a statement like this is very bad! it calls into question your knowledge of the game. Trust me. This is very bad. If you dont understand the standing of Benfica (which is actually the biggest club in Portugal), you should send a private message to certain people and ask questions.

The comment you made really shows you in a very bad light.

Anyway, carry on.

Paris Saint Germain
Borrussia Dortmund
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool

Even though I agree with you to some point, you should try to be at least realistic... those teams you listed are definitely too stacked up with enough quality, Ebuehi as talented as he is definitely too rookie for such outlandish expectation, he needs to start from a mid level club and work his way up! it will bother on delusion and misyarning to even think that Ebuehi will just walk into the starting XI of those clubs you mentioned, that's if he is even lucky to make the bench... let the kid have a good world cup and then his profile will rise.

Tobi17 wrote:

Paris Saint Germain
Borrussia Dortmund
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool

Even though I agree with you to some point, you should try to be at least realistic... those teams you listed are definitely too stacked up with enough quality, Ebuehi as talented as he is definitely too rookie for such outlandish expectation, he needs to start from a mid level club and work his way up! it will bother on delusion and misyarning to even think that Ebuehi will just walk into the starting XI of those clubs you mentioned, that's if he is even lucky to make the bench... let the kid have a good world cup and then his profile will rise.
[1] Do you know that during summer, Barcelona signed a 23 year old Portuguese youngster called Nelson Semedo from Benfica?

[2] Is Ainsley Maitland-Niles not yougnter than and less experienced than Ebuehi?

[3] How old was Celestine Babayaro when he joined Chelsea?

[4] While we are on Chelsea, ask yourself how come the 18-year old Mikel Obi could join them having only ever played in the Norwegian league?

[5] Basically, if you are old enough, you are good enough

[6] I fail to get this point about Ebuehi "needing more experience."

[7] Ebuehi made his Eredivisie debut at 10 August 2014 in a 0-1 home defeat against Feyenoord Rotterdam

[8] If he is not good to play with the big boys after nearly four years in the Dutch league, he never will be

[9] I am still waiting for someone to tell me what kit is he will learn in Portugal that he cannot learn in Holland

[10] I would understand this if it was Shehu Abdullahi moving from Cypriot side Anorthosis Famagusta to Benfica. Now that is progress!

Tobi17 wrote:

Paris Saint Germain
Borrussia Dortmund
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool

[1] Do you know that during summer, Barcelona signed a 23 year old Portuguese youngster called Nelson Semedo from Benfica?

[2] Is Ainsley Maitland-Niles not yougnter than and less experienced than Ebuehi?

[4] While we are on Chelsea, ask yourself how come the 18-year old Mikel Obi could join them having only ever played in the Norwegian league?

[7] Ebuehi made his Eredivisie debut at 10 August 2014 in a 0-1 home defeat against Feyenoord Rotterdam

[8] If he is not good to play with the big boys after nearly four years in the Dutch league, he never will be

[9] I am still waiting for someone to tell me what kit is he will learn in Portugal that he cannot learn in Holland

[10] I would understand this if it was Shehu Abdullahi moving from Cypriot side Anorthosis Famagusta to Benfica. Now that is progress!
Ayo, please stop this your shameless attention-seeking.
You are too old for this.
I don't even know why I feel embarrassed for you, but I do.
Chai.

The news is that the signing has been completed and that he has been sent on loan back to ADO Den Haag.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Haven’t seen a full game from the boy but he must legit. It’ll be a battle royale for the RB spot between him Shehu and Aina in a couple months. I feel for Rohr.
There is no battle anywhere. Ebuehi stands heads and shoulders above all of the competition. Di Maria will tell you that!

I actually think he should have joined a better league like Spain, Italy, Germany or England. Is Benfuca really progress?

You dey mind the mugu, Ebuehi transformed Di Maria to pius Ikedia and displayed excellent vision. Ebuehi starts for SE all day and tomorrow. Shehu and aina are not even close to competition

So because ebuehi had an impressive 2nd half that means that we should drop our MOM on multiple occasions for him?? I’m glad most of you guys aren’t the head coach. This is the same “flash in the pan” nonsense that the likes of ogbeche (sagalo) opabunmi, ikedia etc did in 2002 and ameobi, nwafor, Reuben, uchebo, babatunde did in 2014. Shehu still deserves that RB position until ebuehi puts in consistent performance for super eagles.

Tobi17 wrote:

Paris Saint Germain
Borrussia Dortmund
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool

Ayo, please stop this your shameless attention-seeking.
You are too old for this.
I don't even know why I feel embarrassed for you, but I do.
Chai.
Lost cause! What a pity!

john12 wrote:So because ebuehi had an impressive 2nd half that means that we should drop our MOM on multiple occasions for him?? I’m glad most of you guys aren’t the head coach. This is the same “flash in the pan” nonsense that the likes of ogbeche (sagalo) opabunmi, ikedia etc did in 2002 and ameobi, nwafor, Reuben, uchebo, babatunde did in 2014. Shehu still deserves that RB position until ebuehi puts in consistent performance for super eagles.
Do not worry. Ebuehi will put in those “consistent performances” during the World Cup. June will soon be upon us!
tunde72

Post by tunde72 »

john12 wrote:So because ebuehi had an impressive 2nd half that means that we should drop our MOM on multiple occasions for him?? I’m glad most of you guys aren’t the head coach. This is the same “flash in the pan” nonsense that the likes of ogbeche (sagalo) opabunmi, ikedia etc did in 2002 and ameobi, nwafor, Reuben, uchebo, babatunde did in 2014. Shehu still deserves that RB position until ebuehi puts in consistent performance for super eagles.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.

Ayo, he has to do it before World Cup in friendly games or else shehu continues with that position

Tobi17 wrote:

Paris Saint Germain
Borrussia Dortmund
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool

In life, progress sometimes is gradual and not at jet speed. How many players have moved from the level of playing for ADO to the elite teams you mentioned. Playing for Benfica especially in the UCL would open up opportunities for Ebuehi to join teams like Barcelona just like Semedo did. Maitland-Niles is a product of the Arsenal youth academy, so he is likely to have chances with them unlike Ebuehi. Babayaro joined Chlsea from Anderlecht on the back of his performances in the UCL, the same opportunity which the Benfica move has opened for Ebuehi. Mikel Obi was a special talent that had 2 of the biggest clubs in Europe fighting for his signature, not many players in the world get such opportunities at a young age. Moving from ADO to Benfica in less than 4 years after his debut is great progress. He will play in the UCL with Benfica, an opportunity he will never get with ADO. Also playing for the biggest team in Portugal in front of over 50,000 passionate and demanding fans at the Estadio La Luz, will help him with dealing with the huge pressure that comes from playing for Nigeria. I will advocate that more Nigerian players join teams like Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Porto, Ajax, PSV Eindhoven, Feyernood, Galatasaray, Besiktas, Fernabache, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Andelecht, FC Brugges etc, these are big teams outside of the top % euro leagues, where they can learn how to deal with the hug expectations that comes with being a Super Eagle rather than clubs like Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Crystal Palace etc whose base their success on escaping relegation. In conclusion, Ebuehi's move from ADO to Benfica represents progress and a step in the right direction.

pajimoh wrote:I hope he gets proper game time and stay injury free. Good luck Ebuehi
Exactly

Are they selling Andre Almeida to making room for him? We don't need another bench rider towards Russia.

So glad for Tyrone Ebuehi.
Benfica is a step up and the club has a serious pedigree in Europe.
So thankful he did not end up in the wilderness of Norwich's Carrow Road.

Congratulations Tyrone! Good performances at the World Cup & champions league may see a bigger team come in for him .......now the Man City have started paying 50 million on fullbacks he could be next.
heavyd

Post by heavyd »

jdizzy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Haven’t seen a full game from the boy but he must legit. It’ll be a battle royale for the RB spot between him Shehu and Aina in a couple months. I feel for Rohr.
There is no battle anywhere. Ebuehi stands heads and shoulders above all of the competition. Di Maria will tell you that!

I actually think he should have joined a better league like Spain, Italy, Germany or England.Is Benfuca really progress?
You are kidding right??

Is the Portuguese league an improvement on the Dutch league? As yourself if Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon have achieved more than Ajax, PSV Eindhoven or Feyernoord for instance.

Na wa for you Ayo...
So from your analysis moving to Nottingham Forest or Aston Villa will constitute progress in your eyes?
:blink: :blink:
YNWA

heavyd wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

I actually think he should have joined a better league like Spain, Italy, Germany or England.Is Benfuca really progress?
You are kidding right??

Is the Portuguese league an improvement on the Dutch league? As yourself if Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon have achieved more than Ajax, PSV Eindhoven or Feyernoord for instance.

Na wa for you Ayo...
So from your analysis moving to Nottingham Forest or Aston Villa will constitute progress in your eyes?
:blink: :blink:
I listed the kind of clubs I think he should have gone to. Moves that constitute progress in my opinion!

Flex Swift wrote:Congratulations Tyrone! Good performances at the World Cup & champions league may see a bigger team come in for him .......now the Man City have started paying 50 million on fullbacks he could be next.
Yup! and dont forget that Portuguese clubs usually sell very well and they sell to top top clubs.

Guys

The report is that Ebuehi will be loaned for a period to ADO Den Haag. Thus he will still be playing with his current club even though his contract is now owned by Benfica.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

Paris Saint Germain
Borrussia Dortmund
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool

Ayo, stop it. Are you drunk or just seeking controversy???