Ebuehi passes Benfica medicals

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ebuehi passes Benfica medicals

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enyimba to Benfica is progress
Ado Den Hagg to Borrussia Dortmund is progress
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Enyimba to Benfica is progress
Ok sure, so what's the plan for his apparent lack of progress? What are we on CE going to do? We need a 10 pointer brainstorming the things we can do to turn this apparent lack of progress around!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ok sure, so what's the plan for his apparent lack of progress? What are we on CE going to do? We need a 10 pointer brainstorming the things we can do to turn this apparent lack of progress around!

How do you address the matter when our people do not even acknowledge there is a problem? We can be our own worst enemies at times.

I just shudder when I see the poverty of thought among our people. I was watching the Liverpool vs Manchester City game and noticed that the two Argentine and Croatian centrebacks Otamendi and Loveren both cost their teams goals. I watched the game and thought: "Our boys are better than these two."

We have a chronic problem of our boys not coming through and people are here celebrating Benfica!!! How can you set the bar so low for your aspirations for heavens' sake?

With the World Cup looming we should be able to count of four or five world class players if we really want to go there and aspire for the trophy. Now, we do not have these kind of players and should accept that there is a problem but celebrating Benfica is utter folly and I am not going to join the dumb bandwagon!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

How do you address the matter when our people do not even acknowledge there is a problem? We can be our own worst enemies at times.

I just shudder when I see the poverty of thought among our people. I was watching the Liverpool vs Manchester City game and noticed that the two Argentine and Croatian centrebacks Otamendi and Loveren both cost their teams goals. I watched the game and thought: "Our boys are better than these two."

We have a chronic problem of our boys not coming through and people are here celebrating Benfica!!! How can you set the bar so low for your aspirations for heavens' sake?

With the World Cup looming we should be able to count of four or five world class players if we really want to go there and aspire for the trophy. Now, we do not have these kind of players and should accept that there is a problem but celebrating Benfica is utter folly and I am not going to join the dumb bandwagon!
Benfica obviously have a good scouting network,if Manchester City or Dortmund didn't approach him should he turn down Benfica (who are a Champions League standard team)? This is not a computer game where the system knows how good a player is and big clubs automatically approach you when you start Winning this is his career and reality doesn't always work the way you expect it to.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
hangingfire
Egg
Egg

Post by hangingfire »

Derby recently licked Man U., but all the players of Derby would jump for joy if told they are moving right now to play for Man U. If Ebuehi moves from Dutch side, Ado Den Haag to fellow Dutch side, Feyenoord of Rotterdam that would be a regression.

Also, if he moves from his present side to Norwich a second tier club-side in England that to me is a double jeopardy. Moving from Ado Den Haag to Benfica is more progress as far as I'm concerned than moving from Ado Den Haag to Everton, Swansee and West Ham.

Yes, Benfica is a much higher club-side in European soccer today than Ajax and Anderlecht.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Benfica obviously have a good scouting network,if Manchester City or Dortmund didn't approach him should he turn down Benfica (who are a Champions League standard team)? This is not a computer game where the system knows how good a player is and big clubs automatically approach you when you start Winning this is his career and reality doesn't always work the way you expect it to.
I would accept your argument if Ebuehi was playing for Enugu Rangers, Kano Pillars, Canon Sportif, Ashante Kotoko, Asec Minosa, Anorthosis Famagusta or Birkirkara or Malta. Playing for Ado Den Haag, he is in the full glare of the entire world.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

But why should those big clubs be coming after Ebuehi? This is basically his first season in a top league having played amateur level up till now, and he is still learning the position and is not like he is some kind of a stand out in the Dutch league either. Also, these big teams aren't rushing to pick players from the Dutch league, so I don't get where you are getting that he should be selected by a bigger team? Because of one half of SE footie in a friendly?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

But why should those big clubs be coming after Ebuehi? This is basically his first season in a top league having played amateur level up till now, and he is still learning the position and is not like he is some kind of a stand out in the Dutch league either. Also, these big teams aren't rushing to pick players from the Dutch league, so I don't get where you are getting that he should be selected by a bigger team? Because of one half of SE footie in a friendly?

Did you read this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ub-9535716
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Did you read this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ub-9535716
Just did, and Ebuehi wasn't listed there which illustrates one of my points that he's not that highly rated in that league. Also, the mere fact they would have a list like this also illustrates the point that not that many big teams are checking for players from that league. Dutch footie is at one of its lowest points.

Also, you do realize that this is the same Ebuehi that has been available to Rohr for how many games and he didn't risk him NOT ONCE in the qualifiers. In fact a midfielder from Cyprus league was benching him at RB, but this is the player you expect to be going to Real Madrid and Barcelona? I mean come on men...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Den Haag team market value: 15.20 million €
Benfica team market value: 160.50 million €
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Not sure why you guys even bother engaging Ayo. I don't think all is well there
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) I really get exasperated with my people for how lowly they regard themselves
(2) I guess I will die a frustrated man because of our lack of national ambition
(3) Do you know we are now shamelessly importing Air Force jets manufactured in Pakistan?
(4) We have no shame in importing Daewoo cars from South Korea that became independent around the same time as us. Yet we do not even manufacture a car door
(5) A football-loving nation of 180m should not be celebrating its best rightback playing for lowly Benfica
(6) If Ebuehi was fresh out of Nigeria, I would understand the move but this is a player highly respected in the Dutch league. Holland have been desperate to cap him after seeing his promise
(7) Our fullbacks should be playing for the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Chelsea, Borrissia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, PSG, etc
(8) However, because we have set the bar so low in all our national endeavours, we are doing cartwheels over this lousy move
(9) It is only when it comes to making money that Nigerians set their bar at the same height as everyone else in the world
(10) When we treat ourselves with such disdain, it is no surprise that Donald Trump will refer to us as ***holes
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

DAgrin wrote:Den Haag team market value: 15.20 million €
Benfica team market value: 160.50 million €
Chei, so Neymar is worth more than the entire Benfica team? Yet we are here celebrating some limited transfer? Hmmmm. Elsewhere, Dutch defenders are being transferred for 75m euros and we are jumping up and down over a bargain basement deal. We have a long way to go as a people!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ayo, please stop disgracing yourself in public. Save it for PMs.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The YeyeMan wrote:Ayo, please stop disgracing yourself in public. Save it for PMs.
Can you please stop mentioning my name young man. If you want to celebrate mediocrity, please leave my name out of it. You have no right to drag me down into the gutter with you where backwardness, dependence, mediocrity, ignorance and intellectual poverty reign supreme!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Ayo, please stop disgracing yourself in public. Save it for PMs.
Can you please stop mentioning my name young man. If you want to celebrate mediocrity, please leave my name out of it. You have no right to drag me down into the gutter with you where backwardness, dependence, mediocrity, ignorance and intellectual poverty reign supreme!
Whether you agree that it is a good move or not, Ebuehi's Instagram page is full of congratulatory messages. That should tell you how most people feel about it.
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) I really get exasperated with my people for how lowly they regard themselves
(2) I guess I will die a frustrated man because of our lack of national ambition
(3) Do you know we are now shamelessly importing Air Force jets manufactured in Pakistan?
(4) We have no shame in importing Daewoo cars from South Korea that became independent around the same time as us. Yet we do not even manufacture a car door
(5) A football-loving nation of 180m should not be celebrating its best rightback playing for lowly Benfica
(6) If Ebuehi was fresh out of Nigeria, I would understand the move but this is a player highly respected in the Dutch league. Holland have been desperate to cap him after seeing his promise
(7) Our fullbacks should be playing for the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Chelsea, Borrissia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, PSG, etc
(8) However, because we have set the bar so low in all our national endeavours, we are doing cartwheels over this lousy move
(9) It is only when it comes to making money that Nigerians set their bar at the same height as everyone else in the world
(10) When we treat ourselves with such disdain, it is no surprise that Donald Trump will refer to us as ***holes
Stop chatting poop all the time. You're Nigerian, do you take giant leaps so we can be proud of you? You determine what is progress for others as if you're God. The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step and not the first 100 mile leap.

You've decided what is progress for someone in Nigeria and what is progress for someone in Belgium, really? So someone in Nigeria cannot theoretically go straight to Real Madrid and someone in Belgium to Celta Vigo?

Please stop your nonsense, pretending like you're the only one that want Nigerians to succeed. You live in fantasy land where you dream of having 10 Nigerian at Real Madrid, 5 at Barca, 3 at Bayern etc. and all must happen before the wc in Russia.

Relax and let the boy be. Many players have left and taken a step back to make a bigger leap forward and many have made a bigger leap only to be knocked back to base 1. You're not master of everyone else's destiny. Just chill
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Whether you agree that it is a good move or not, Ebuehi's Instagram page is full of congratulatory messages. That should tell you how most people feel about it.

The same way our dumb people will celebrate the Nigerian Air Force importing aircraft from Pakistan or helicopters from South Africa. Our inferiority complex makes us believe it is progress because it will equip our armed forces to fight Boko Haram when we should be ashamed our ourselves that we are not manufacturing like our contemporaries.

Tomorrow now we will blame "poor leadership" for our plethora of socio-economic woes. How can a nation progress when its people have set the bar so low?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Wow Ayo. Benfica is one of the storied franchises in Euro football. It has probably won more Euro trophies than any English side. It is in the second round of the ECL. The current sid is good enough to be in the EPL top five. The Portuguese know how to play football and their league has been the source of some of the all time greats from Eusebio to C Ron.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

YUJAM wrote:Wow Ayo. Benfica is one of the storied franchises in Euro football. It has probably won more Euro trophies than any English side. It is in the second round of the ECL. The current sid is good enough to be in the EPL top five. The Portuguese know how to play football and their league has been the source of some of the all time greats from Eusebio to C Ron.

OK, don't over do it. We know you hate the HeeeePeeeeeeeHeeeeelllllllll :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YUJAM wrote:Wow Ayo. Benfica is one of the storied franchises in Euro football. It has probably won more Euro trophies than any English side. It is in the second round of the ECL. The current sid is good enough to be in the EPL top five. The Portuguese know how to play football and their league has been the source of some of the all time greats from Eusebio to C Ron.

Please stop it Yujam. Benfica is nowhere in the same category as Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs. Even Leicester City is two classes above Benfica and you know it!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Please stop it Yujam. Benfica is nowhere in the same category as Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs. Even Leicester City is two classes above Benfica and you know it!
Keep wearing your ignorance with pride, you keep sinking with your warped logic, Leicester 2 classes above Benfica? I thought I have heard it all. Even the most fervent Leicester fan would not utter such tripe!
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Keep wearing your ignorance with pride, you keep sinking with your warped logic, Leicester 2 classes above Benfica? I thought I have heard it all. Even the most fervent Leicester fan would not utter such tripe!

Are you talking of historically or at present? Can Benfica afford players like Vardie, Mahrez, Schmiechel or Ndidi? The four of them are probably worth more than the entire current Benfica squad!