Ebuehi passes Benfica medicals

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ebuehi passes Benfica medicals

Post by metalalloy »

jdizzy wrote:Not sure why you guys even bother engaging Ayo. I don't think all is well there
:clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Wow Ayo. Benfica is one of the storied franchises in Euro football. It has probably won more Euro trophies than any English side. It is in the second round of the ECL. The current sid is good enough to be in the EPL top five. The Portuguese know how to play football and their league has been the source of some of the all time greats from Eusebio to C Ron.

Please stop it Yujam. Benfica is nowhere in the same category as Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs. Even Leicester City is two classes above Benfica and you know it!
Ayo, please read the link below, it will help give you an idea of which clubs are the biggest in Europe. Notice that you will not see Leicester or Ado Den Haag there.
https://talksport.com/football/european ... 86900?p=22
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] I just have to grit my teeth and hold my peace when I see how limited the faith my people have in themselves and our fatherland is

[2] They make my heart bleed with their limited outlook but alas, one has to tolerate them. Our best fullback signs fro lowly Benfica and we are celebrating!!!! This takes inferiority complex to unprecedented heights!

[3] I dream of a nation that manufactures armaments, automobiles, machine tools, aircraft, ships, etc

[4] I dream of a sporting giant that excels in every area of the Olympics

[5] I dream of a nation that wins the World Cup as frequently as say Brazil or Germany

[6] I dream of a Super Eagles where all the 23 squad members play for Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, man City, Man United, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Chelsea, etc

[7] I dream of a nation that producers world class playmakers every year as Brazil does with Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Juniniho, Kaka, Robinho, Neymar, Coutinho, etc

[8] I dream of a nation that produces the world's most expensive goalkeeper ala Ederson. When I look at the likes of Taffarel, Dida, Julius Ceasar, etc, I ask what is wrong with my people

[9] I dream of a nation that only sends 18-year olds to clubs like Benfica for a season from say Enugu rangers, Kano Pillars, Enyimba, etc so they can get used to Europe. I remember Ronaldo spent his first season at PSV Eindhoven just to get a feel for European football

[10] I dream of the day when a Nigerian centreback will also be bought for £75m
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I just have to grit my teeth and hold my peace when I see how limited the faith my people have in themselves and our fatherland is

[2] They make my heart bleed with their limited outlook but alas, one has to tolerate them. Our best fullback signs fro lowly Benfica and we are celebrating!!!! This takes inferiority complex to unprecedented heights!

[3] I dream of a nation that manufactures armaments, automobiles, machine tools, aircraft, ships, etc

[5] I dream of a nation that wins the World Cup as frequently as say Brazil or Germany

[6] I dream of a Super Eagles where all the 23 squad members play for Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, man City, Man United, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Chelsea, etc

[7] I dream of a nation that producers world class playmakers every year as Brazil does with Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Juniniho, Kaka, Robinho, Neymar, Coutinho, etc

[8] I dream of a nation that produces the world's most expensive goalkeeper ala Ederson. When I look at the likes of Taffarel, Dida, Julius Ceasar, etc, I ask what is wrong with my people

[9] I dream of a nation that only sends 18-year olds to clubs like Benfica for a season from say Enugu rangers, Kano Pillars, Enyimba, etc so they can get used to Europe. I remember Ronaldo spent his first season at PSV Eindhoven just to get a feel for European football

Keep dreaming bro! :lol: :lol:
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I just have to grit my teeth and hold my peace when I see how limited the faith my people have in themselves and our fatherland is

Someone aught to b*tch slap you from your slumber :tic:

Keep dreaming while others are investing in electricity, infrastructure and putting inplace regulations to encourage entrepreneurial spirit.

Training and investing in sports, facilities, trainers etc

Dreaming without working to make it happens is nothing but pipe dreams
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

pajimoh wrote:

Someone aught to b*tch slap you from your slumber :tic:

Keep dreaming while others are investing in electricity, infrastructure and putting inplace regulations to encourage entrepreneurial spirit.

Training and investing in sports, facilities, trainers etc

Dreaming without working to make it happens is nothing but pipe dreams

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Congrats to Ebuehi. Keep up the good work.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

green4life wrote:Congrats to Ebuehi. Keep up the good work.
:clap: :clap:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ignorance is not an excuse in this day and age

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations ... s/country/

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Stop it already. If you had your way, Bryan Robson who? would have been a national coach for Nigeria. :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) I really get exasperated with my people for how lowly they regard themselves
(2) I guess I will die a frustrated man because of our lack of national ambition
(3) Do you know we are now shamelessly importing Air Force jets manufactured in Pakistan?
(4) We have no shame in importing Daewoo cars from South Korea that became independent around the same time as us. Yet we do not even manufacture a car door
(5) A football-loving nation of 180m should not be celebrating its best rightback playing for lowly Benfica
(6) If Ebuehi was fresh out of Nigeria, I would understand the move but this is a player highly respected in the Dutch league. Holland have been desperate to cap him after seeing his promise
(7) Our fullbacks should be playing for the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Chelsea, Borrissia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, PSG, etc
(8) However, because we have set the bar so low in all our national endeavours, we are doing cartwheels over this lousy move
(9) It is only when it comes to making money that Nigerians set their bar at the same height as everyone else in the world
(10) When we treat ourselves with such disdain, it is no surprise that Donald Trump will refer to us as ***holes
Bruv why are you still in London spouting on a Nigerian football forum??
Why arent you writing for
The Times...
The Guardian...
The Sun
Daily Mail
World Soccer???
or complete sports??
ESPN??
or even Pulse news or Naij.com

You are better than this bruv!! :taunt: :taunt:
YNWA
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) I really get exasperated with my people for how lowly they regard themselves
(2) I guess I will die a frustrated man because of our lack of national ambition
(3) Do you know we are now shamelessly importing Air Force jets manufactured in Pakistan?
(4) We have no shame in importing Daewoo cars from South Korea that became independent around the same time as us. Yet we do not even manufacture a car door
(5) A football-loving nation of 180m should not be celebrating its best rightback playing for lowly Benfica
(6) If Ebuehi was fresh out of Nigeria, I would understand the move but this is a player highly respected in the Dutch league. Holland have been desperate to cap him after seeing his promise
(7) Our fullbacks should be playing for the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Chelsea, Borrissia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, PSG, etc
(8) However, because we have set the bar so low in all our national endeavours, we are doing cartwheels over this lousy move
(9) It is only when it comes to making money that Nigerians set their bar at the same height as everyone else in the world
(10) When we treat ourselves with such disdain, it is no surprise that Donald Trump will refer to us as ***holes
Bruv why are you still in London spouting on a Nigerian football forum??
Why arent you writing for
The Times...
The Guardian...
The Sun
Daily Mail
World Soccer???
or complete sports??
ESPN??
or even Pulse news or Naij.com

You are better than this bruv!! :taunt: :taunt:
Doesn't he write for a reputable one? :sneaky:

... under a different name?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."