So Musa is heading back to Moscow?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
So Musa is heading back to Moscow?

Post by 1naija »

Nigeria: Russia 2018 World Cup - My Target Is to Qualify From Our Group - Rohr
By Jacob Ajom
http://allafrica.com/stories/201801180099.html

Against the backdrop of very high expectations among Nigerians, including the Nigeria Football Federation hierarchy on Nigeria's prospects at the Russia 2018, Super Eagles handler, Gernot Rohr has a very modest ambition.

The German tactician has refused to be carried away by the roller-coaster fashion his team qualified for the Mundial, when he set his World Cup target in Lagos yesterday.

Asked what his target was, given the excellent performance by the Eagles during the qualifiers, Rohr retorted, "my target is to qualify from our group. That is my first target."

Rohr who was answering questions from journalists, soon after his contract extension ceremony at the Eko Hotel, Victoria Island Lagos, said, "I pray we can beat Croatia, one of the most technically sound teams in Europe, Iceland play like us, we hope to beat them as well and Argentina who we beat last time in a friendly may not come cheap because they have known us and may want to revenge that defeat. It is not going to be easy."

Although he believes in his team, Rohr said Nigerians should talk less and work hard

He disclosed that the criteria for invitation and selection of players for the World Cup is simple. "We will look at a player's current form and how active he has been at his club and his level of fitness."

On that he gave kudos to Ahmed Musa's resolve to return to Locomotive Moscow where he will be playing regularly and expressed joy over Iheanacho's work rate during Leicester City's 2-0 win over Fleetwood in the FA Cup match in which the former Manchester City striker scored.

Players have to be fit and active in their clubs and I am happy with what they are doing right now.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: So Musa is heading back to Moscow?

Post by 1naija »

No comments?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Here is a comment, ... err ..., question for you
The German tactician has refused to be carried away by the roller-coaster fashion his team qualified for the Mundial
When will Naija journos stop using words that they do not understand?

Wha choo looking at?!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Btw he played and scored in Leicester's U23's loss to Oldman (sic) yesterday.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:No comments?
:roll: Musa played for CSKA and not Lokomotive
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Nigeria: Russia 2018 World Cup - My Target Is to Qualify From Our Group - Rohr
By Jacob Ajom
http://allafrica.com/stories/201801180099.html

Against the backdrop of very high expectations among Nigerians, including the Nigeria Football Federation hierarchy on Nigeria's prospects at the Russia 2018, Super Eagles handler, Gernot Rohr has a very modest ambition.

The German tactician has refused to be carried away by the roller-coaster fashion his team qualified for the Mundial, when he set his World Cup target in Lagos yesterday.

Asked what his target was, given the excellent performance by the Eagles during the qualifiers, Rohr retorted, "my target is to qualify from our group. That is my first target."

Rohr who was answering questions from journalists, soon after his contract extension ceremony at the Eko Hotel, Victoria Island Lagos, said, "I pray we can beat Croatia, one of the most technically sound teams in Europe, Iceland play like us, we hope to beat them as well and Argentina who we beat last time in a friendly may not come cheap because they have known us and may want to revenge that defeat. It is not going to be easy."

Although he believes in his team, Rohr said Nigerians should talk less and work hard

He disclosed that the criteria for invitation and selection of players for the World Cup is simple. "We will look at a player's current form and how active he has been at his club and his level of fitness."

On that he gave kudos to Ahmed Musa's resolve to return to Locomotive Moscow where he will be playing regularly and expressed joy over Iheanacho's work rate during Leicester City's 2-0 win over Fleetwood in the FA Cup match in which the former Manchester City striker scored.

Players have to be fit and active in their clubs and I am happy with what they are doing right now.
Well, I have already said it several times, but I will say it again; we will BEAT Croatia and top the group. According to the name of a Christian Magazine; "It is written."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Here is a comment, ... err ..., question for you
The German tactician has refused to be carried away by the roller-coaster fashion his team qualified for the Mundial
Good point! What is the meaning of "roller coaster" in this case? If what I think is what the writer of the article meant, what is bad with the way we qualified?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
Good point! What is the meaning of "roller coaster" in this case? If what I think is what the writer of the article meant, what is bad with the way we qualified?
I think he meant the speed with which we qualified.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Odas wrote:
Naija journos are well-versed in "Nigerian English", a colloquial form of English that has become informally accepted due to repeated wrong usage over time. The "roller coaster" in this context has more to do with imagery than the true meaning. Ever wonder why they call coaches "sweat merchants"?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
I think he meant the speed with which we qualified.
Alright; else to me, "roller coaster" usually mean we are good in a game and bad in another, and as a result, we barely qualified
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
Naija journos are well-versed in "Nigerian English", a colloquial form of English that has become informally accepted due to repeated wrong usage over time. The "roller coaster" in this context has more to do with imagery than the true meaning. Ever wonder why they call coaches "sweat merchants"?
Are you trying to make a dead rubber point?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
What do you think? By the way, what is "a dead rubber point?"
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
The joke didn't register with you? :D
Read any naija sports article/report before our game against Algeria after we were already qualified, the genesis of the words "dead rubber" will become clear to you. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cito wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
Read any naija sports article/report before our game against Algeria after we were already qualified, the genesis of the words "dead rubber" will become clear to you. :D
BTW, in the next few weeks, SE players will begin to STORM camp. :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Enugu II wrote:
Cito wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:

The "STORM' the camp thingy gets me all the time... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Enugu II wrote:
Cito wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:

Our SWEAT MERCHANT has not released the list yet.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Enugu II wrote:
I think we need to have a sticky thread (dictionary) for words and meaning for the newbies to catch up on the 'correct' naija footie terminologies to use on this site... :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

TT,

No worries. Once our SWEAT MERCHANT releases the list of those who will STORM camp in March, we will be at DAGGERS DRAWN against Poland, after which we will be CONDEMNED to win our DEAD RUBBER friendly against Serbia.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I am not understanding this post. I will just off the light and go to bed now.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kudos to you for the question.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

mystic wrote:TT,

No worries. Once our SWEAT MERCHANT releases the list of those who will STORM camp in March, we will be at DAGGERS DRAWN against Poland, after which we will be CONDEMNED to win our DEAD RUBBER friendly against Serbia.

The DEAD RUBBER friendly against Serbia will be a DING-DONG affair.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

If you guys were on ground you would be able to somersault the article clean mouth during selection of the diaspora sweat merchants that will dawn the GWG.