TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg
Re: [PL] TOT vs EVE

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Good to see the Masai enforcer Victor "Mugabe" Wanyama back in the squad.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Very enjoyable relaxing second gear game! Well done Poch and team. Congrats Kane on record. Congrats Son on hitting double digit. Dele Alli - hmmmm. Lloris - hmmmmmmmm!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Who do we need to strengthen this team?
You need a backup for Eriksen plus a left back.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

When you ask a question like this, one assumes you have won multiple titles and CL. :lol: :lol: Its up there as you claiming you dont need to win cups because you are concentrating on the league.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote: THAT was a clown clear yellow on Harold .., of course the Ref turns a blind eye
Trust you to use your biased eyes to only see what you want to see. All the crunching tackles against Spurs that ref didn't call you didn't say anything about it.
The ref's lack of protection for Spurs players is beginning to irritate me. Fouls are committed and the refs allow play to go on. Dembele was being kicked today. Jan was being elbowed.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
A more mobile ST. I know this is difficult because Kane is undisputed number 1. Perhaps a striker who can also play on the wings?

A Winger

A sub for Ericksen (Lanzini?)

A young left back
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
A more mobile ST. I know this is difficult because Kane is undisputed number 1. Perhaps a striker who can also play on the wings?

A Winger

A young left back
I would perhaps say Son is the backup for Kane in that regard (pace)

Agree on Eriksen, Left Back (KWP needs to step up) and winger (Edwards, Shashoua are in the wings)

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Who do we need to strengthen this team?

A Winger

A young left back
I would perhaps say Son is the backup for Kane in that regard (pace)

Agree on Eriksen, Left Back (KWP needs to step up) and winger (Edwards, Shashoua are in the wings)
We have Lamela for Eriksen. Lanzini won't be a bad addition but would he want to sit on the bench? Sterling will have to be developed to one day replace Kane.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Marcus Edwards moves to Norwich on loan...

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Marcus Edwards moves to Norwich on loan...

Sweetening Norwich up for Maddison transfer?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

20-year-old centre-back Cameron Carter-Vickers has been recalled from Sheffield United.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ex Spurs Pritchard has joined Huddersfield.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Make Una see Erickson's goal against Everton. The ball was touched by all our players before it hits the back of the net. Superb

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/vide ... lie-2018-1
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

CCV is off to Ipswich.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Marcus Edwards moves to Norwich on loan...

Sweetening Norwich up for Maddison transfer?
I kinda like this move for Marcus. He needs first team games to help build up his strength and gain valuable experience that he isn't getting playing with the U23. At this stage of his career he won't be able to break into the first team in Spurs so it is only logical that he gets it elsewhere where the competition is stiff. A lot of our English players done so in the past and come back being the better for it. Notably were Kane, Kyle Walker and Rose. MoPo believes in him so much and I hope this move will help him get to the next level and to start reaching his potential.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] SOU vs TOT

Post by Its a Goal »

The season is reaching the point where the pressure for points begins to mount. Yesterday the teams we are chasing stepped up their game and collected 3 points. Today we have a chance to close the gap once more by facing the Saints away. A tricky match but one that often provides joy. MoPo is going back to the place where he began his managerial career in England 5 years ago and will be a bit emotional when he faces them however he is a ruthless manager who likes nothing more than winning a match. At least for a lil over 24 hours we will have a chance of sitting in 4th with a comprehensive win.

On the injury front, Lloris and Kane were bugged down with flu midweek but are expected to make a full recovery for today's match. Alderweireld is stepping up his recovery and is looking to be ahead of his scheduled return. Danny Rose is still recovering from knee injury and won't be available. Winks too is still in the recovery stage. Aside those we have a full team. There shouldn't be any changes from the one that started the match last week against Everton aside the RB rotation. My team for today will be:

• Kane
    • Son Dele
  • Dembele * Eriksen * Dier

Davies * Jan * Sanchez * Trippier
      • Lloris

On merit Wanyama should be starting but as Dier is MoPo's lovechild I expect him to play. Dembele had a terrific match last week and since he has had a full week to recover I don't see how he will be benched today.

COYS!!!

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lloris and Eriksen out due to illness.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

With the absence of Eriksen the formation will definitely change as Dele will drop to be the play maker. Alternatively Dembele can play that role since Sissoko is in to play DM.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote: Lloris and Eriksen out due to illness.
Oh dear. COYS. TGBTG
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

We need to win this game before we face Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Lloris and Eriksen out due to illness.
Oh dear. COYS. TGBTG

Palm wine tapper you give expired product to Hugo? :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dier passing instruction to Sissoko before start of match.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Nice recovery from Vorm.