Zidane is finished at Madrid.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Zidane is finished at Madrid.

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Good run though.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Zidane is finished at Madrid.

Post by Undertaker »

And they gave CR7 the Ballon d'or? The dude is almost washed up!
Last edited by Undertaker on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He is not finished. He's earned the slack he should be given for this rough patch the team is going through.

BTW C Ron has been awful this season. Looks like his career is in the downturn now
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

YUJAM wrote:He is not finished. He's earned the slack he should be given for this rough patch he

I agree with your premise but Madrid is not a normal
Or reasonable club.

They should have improved that squad which lacks a cutting edge
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

anikulapo wrote:
YUJAM wrote:He is not finished. He's earned the slack he should be given for this rough patch he

I agree with your premise but Madrid is not a normal
Or reasonable club.

They should have improved that squad which lacks a cutting edge
Yup agree with you on the spending angle. They've spent little this season, less than any team among Europe's elite
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I'm sure PSG cannot wait for the day he is available.
It will be Zidane to PSG, and in line for Les Bleus job
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Not blaming Navas for the problems but DDG should be Madrid’s goalie.

They need Ozil back ... they need creativity and some cutting edge with their final ball.

And for goodness sakes go and find a true pacy goal poacher
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

CR7 just became a daddy ... He deserves some father time. These players are not robots.
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

tfco in 5, 4, 3, 2...
tfco wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf:
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Seriously Madrid were a bit unlucky today but the problems still remain. Tactically predictable, just pumping balls into the box. Talking about buying Ozil - how can a team with Isco, Modric and Kroos be lacking in creativity? Some of these players need to look themselves in the mirror. I like Zidane but I think he was overrated by many. The guy is similar to his former mentor Ancelotti; his strengths is in man-management, not tactical ingenuity. He should be allowed to sort this out but dis na Real Madrid...
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Their problem is their midfield has seriously underperformed this year and has left their defense completely exposed time and time again. They should have refreshed their team this year but spent nothing and are paying the price.

I expect them to go on a spending spree in July after the world cup.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

I think C. Ron is passed his prime. We need to try and get Harry Kane or Eden Hazard to Madrid. Benzema in my opinion is also finished and needs to be sold. Gareth Bale's injury has hurt us this season cause there is no creativity up front amongs the forwards. Eitherway, for continuity sake, Zidane should stay. He has already proven his worth by winning back to back Champions League titles, plus there is still a chance for us to win a double this year especially as Bale is back. Meanwhile Isco and Asensio need to step up
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Mazi Oh see, nno!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:@Mazi Oh see, nno!
:D :D :taunt:
Chief Coachito, dehjeh (Wawarian greeting). Congrats to my man Zidane, he will come correct in the Champs League. :thumbs:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

lionga wrote:tfco in 5, 4, 3, 2...
tfco wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf:
Why has Michael Owen been super-imposed over Zidane's face?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Oh dear Leganes kicks out Madrid from the Copa Del Rey -after losing 1-2 at the Benabeu :shock: :shock:

Ye gbele ohhh .... Zizou might be dead man walking :shock:

MLK.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

anikulapo wrote:Oh dear Leganes kicks out Madrid from the Copa Del Rey -after losing 1-2 at the Benabeu :shock: :shock:

Ye gbele ohhh .... Zizou might be dead man walking :shock:
Useless team coached by a very nice guy............... I like Zidane but he is better off coming back to play for Madrid :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I see people are still making excuses for that overrated Algerian.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

bret- hart wrote:I see people are still making excuses for that overrated Algerian.
Overrated as a player or coach? Or both? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

charlie wrote:Their problem is their midfield has seriously underperformed this year and has left their defense completely exposed time and time again. They should have refreshed their team this year but spent nothing and are paying the price.

I expect them to go on a spending spree in July after the world cup.
Ronaldo is on the decline and they've been so reliant on him for years now so it's no surprise why they are stinking up the joint.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Ronaldo is on the decline and they've been so reliant on him for years now so it's no surprise why they are stinking up the joint.
For at least the past 5 years or more, Fake Ron has done nothing but focus on finishing moves. B/c of the quality behind him, his numbers were stacking up. This season, the team isn't playing that well, Fake Ron is missing a few and folks are now seeing that his all-round game is very average.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

cic old boy wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote: Ronaldo is on the decline and they've been so reliant on him for years now so it's no surprise why they are stinking up the joint.
For at least the past 5 years or more, Fake Ron has done nothing but focus on finishing moves. B/c of the quality behind him, his numbers were stacking up. This season, the team isn't playing that well, Fake Ron is missing a few and folks are now seeing that his all-round game is very average.
Substitute for Messi in the future.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Tbite wrote: Substitute for Messi in the future.
Not sure what you mean. Messi does more than score goals. In fact, the Messi future is now b/c he is now playing a lot deeper and in many games reverts to the playmaker role.
http://www.naijiant.com/