Nigeria v Serbia is at The Hive in Barnet

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria v Serbia is at The Hive in Barnet

Post by cic old boy »

joao wrote: Please stop generalizing. Nigerians do support the SE her in the US.
Nigeria played Mexico in Houston, The 65,000 venue was sold out and there are at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance.
Records show that Nigerians in England are passive about attending SE matches, but you keep clamoring for the team
to schedule a game there. Thus, what's your point?
Fact-free comment. Where is your proof?
http://www.naijiant.com/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

joao wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there.
This just shows how unserious we are as a people!
Please stop generalizing. Nigerians do support the SE her in the US.
Nigeria played Mexico in Houston, The 65,000 venue was sold out and there are at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance.
Records show that Nigerians in England are passive about attending SE matches, but you keep clamoring for the team
Record shows nothing. London/England is football land. Unlike Yankee where the Calvary is waiting for a game every 10 years to show face. Nigerians attend football matches every week in their club colors.
You can't exempt the cost of promoting the game which also include policing. If you want to pack any stadium you'll have to promote it and a Nigeria game doesn't even need Nigerians to be packed. Locals would show up.
If you want the bigger stadium then expect more planning and spending. Policing don't come cheap. Getting premier league money is not the same as privately organized international
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Our fans in the UK have not supported the team as they should. Very shameful if you ask me.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there. This just shows how unserious we are as a people!
Expect at least 25,000 Nigerians to attend the England match.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there. This just shows how unserious we are as a people!
With more than half of them supporting England... :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

cic old boy wrote:
joao wrote: Please stop generalizing. Nigerians do support the SE her in the US.
Fact-free comment. Where is your proof?
I know it is hard for you to imagine but here in Texas the few times the SE had showed up,
Nigerians and fans from other nationalities can be seen with the 'green-white-green' flags and
face paintings loudly supporting the team. Compare that to images from London showing just you
and a few other guys spread and out surrounded by empty spaces, wearing EPL club shirts and
looking disinterested.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

pajimoh wrote:
joao wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there.
Record shows nothing. London/England is football land. Unlike Yankee where the Calvary is waiting for a game every 10 years to show face.
Nigerians attend football matches every week in their club colors.
You can't exempt the cost of promoting the game which also include policing. If you want to pack any stadium you'll have to promote it and a Nigeria game doesn't even need Nigerians to be packed. Locals would show up.
If you want the bigger stadium then expect more planning and spending. Policing don't come cheap. Getting premier league money is not the same as privately organized international
Seems like a soft excuse. For all the bragging coming from you guys in England, the SE showing up whenever should sell out
within days. True, we here in the US only get a few SE matches once in a while, but I want to bet that with time we will be getting
more due to the way we have shown support. You 'Englander' Naijas just love to bray about the EPL and your clubs while we here
in the US are true fans of the game itself.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:

:lol: Are you coming to watch the Serbia match?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

joao wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
joao wrote:
Record shows nothing. London/England is football land. Unlike Yankee where the Calvary is waiting for a game every 10 years to show face.
Nigerians attend football matches every week in their club colors.
Seems like a soft excuse. For all the bragging coming from you guys in England, the SE showing up whenever should sell out
within days. True, we here in the US only get a few SE matches once in a while, but I want to bet that with time we will be getting
more due to the way we have shown support. You 'Englander' Naijas just love to bray about the EPL and your clubs while we here
in the US are true fans of the game itself.
Soft excuse to you. You think because you come to CE, all Nigerians in the UK come to CE. Many have not even heard of CE. If you don't promote the match, many would not know. I remember only seeing flyers in shops when Nigeria used to play in England. The match doesn't only need gate attendance, how about live streaming? Many might not be able to attend but can log on.
The same people who make noise about UK peeps will be looking for free links when they should be paying to promote the effort of those who have invested in Nigeria matches
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Stadium will be empty because Nigerians in London are too cheap to pay for tix. SE will be lucky to sell 2000 tix to Nigerians in London . :laugh:
Correction: Nigerians have far more important priorities other than watching a meaningless friendly on a cold night in March.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Yes, I go dey ground...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

joao wrote: I know it is hard for you to imagine but here in Texas the few times the SE had showed up,
Nigerians and fans from other nationalities can be seen with the 'green-white-green' flags and
face paintings loudly supporting the team. Compare that to images from London showing just you
and a few other guys spread and out surrounded by empty spaces, wearing EPL club shirts and
looking disinterested.
Unlike you, I work with facts and not figments of your imagination. I asked you to provide evidence that there were "at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance" at the match in Houston. I knew you doid't have any evidence b/c you pulled out 20,000 Nigerians from your arse.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Checked online tickets are not on sale. The Hive website has no information/promotion on the match I take it is down to Cybereagles to promote the match? And people will complain when Nigeria play in an empty stadium.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I'll be coming from Texas for this one. Gotti et al, make una put me for mind o.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Yes, I go dey ground...
Cool. We can meet up at the Nigerian restaurant before or after the match.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

cic old boy wrote:
joao wrote: I know it is hard for you to imagine but here in Texas the few times the SE had showed up,
looking disinterested.
Unlike you, I work with facts and not figments of your imagination. I asked you to provide evidence that there were "at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance" at the match in Houston. I knew you doid't have any evidence b/c you pulled out 20,000 Nigerians from your arse.
Ok, talking about facts, how many strands of hair are on your arse?
Just the facts, please. :lol: :lol: :lol:

― Chris Hedges
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

DIMKA76 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Stadium will be empty because Nigerians in London are too cheap to pay for tix. SE will be lucky to sell 2000 tix to Nigerians in London . :laugh:
Correction: Nigerians have far more important priorities other than watching a meaningless friendly on a cold night in March.
is it possible to block all live links to those in London that do not want to attend because of cold weather :biggrin:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Is this confirmed abeg?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

walesvilla wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
is it possible to block all live links to those in London that do not want to attend because of cold weather :biggrin:
:lol: :lol: :lol: See trouble maker
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Don't forget Nigerians in the UK in general are broke while those in the US have money.
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

joao wrote:
It is a Nigerian disease (especially those in the diaspora). They do not take anything seriously. Nigerians are only interested in showing off. When it comes to supporting the national teams, they lack the passion and commitment. I was i Miami in 2012 for the game vs Venezuela and was disappointed to see a handful of Nigeria supporters (some wearing Agbada to a soccer game) in a city that boasts of thousands of Nigerians. Same hapenned in Jacksonville in 2014 and Atlanta. Please there were no 20000 Nigerians in Houston for the game. Most Nigerians don't stand for anything, they don't care for anything. They are interested in chasing money foolishly.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I don buy my ticket. Unless, anyone has a better idea, the usual suspects can meet at Spoons b/4 and after the match.
http://africanspoons.com/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ahidjo wrote:
joao wrote:
It is a Nigerian disease (especially those in the diaspora). They do not take anything seriously. Nigerians are only interested in showing off. When it comes to supporting the national teams, they lack the passion and commitment. I was i Miami in 2012 for the game vs Venezuela and was disappointed to see a handful of Nigeria supporters (some wearing Agbada to a soccer game) in a city that boasts of thousands of Nigerians. Same hapenned in Jacksonville in 2014 and Atlanta. Please there were no 20000 Nigerians in Houston for the game. Most Nigerians don't stand for anything, they don't care for anything. They are interested in chasing money foolishly.
Yep, when I went to the Greece game in Philly, only a handful of Nigerians as well, majority of fans were greek. Its just funny when Barca and Real come to US during the summer you see boys rushing to buy tickets, but when SE is around its a different story.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!