NFF Signs $4m Deal With Coca-Cola

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: NFF Signs $4m Deal With Coca-Cola

Post by Robbynice »

deanotito wrote:I was critical of Pinnick and crew earlier in their term, but the past year has been great. Kudos to them
Amen to that... :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

pajimoh wrote:
wiseone wrote:To give people some context on how small this sum is. Pepsi used to sponsor Major League Baseball. That deal was worth $50m over 5 years. That deal was signed in 1997 (over 20 years ago). Context.
This is the problem with you people looking at America to determine Naija market. While we're at it why don't we compare the major league tv rights to Naija league tv right? Lets compare major league shirt sponsors to Naija league shirt sponsors? Lets also compare gate receipts for an average major league game to Naija football average gate receipts? Why should we stop there? How about average player income for major league player to that of Naija league player?

Msssshhhheeewww

The fact is SE brand has over decades been neglected and ridiculed due to incompetent administrators. It was so bad that getting a shirt sponsor was a problem and the one that signed did not include any money. The brand was coming from ZERO position, at least that's what we were told, unless you have info to the contrary and Nike are complicit in the fraud.
The NFF need this deal, any deal with a big boy to send out a statement that it's a brand they can invest in.

What the SE now need is an excellent showing at the wc to reinforce that message. Money follows sucess
Kpom Kwem aka Fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:
wiseone wrote:To give people some context on how small this sum is. Pepsi used to sponsor Major League Baseball. That deal was worth $50m over 5 years. That deal was signed in 1997 (over 20 years ago). Context.
This is the problem with you people looking at America to determine Naija market. While we're at it why don't we compare the major league tv rights to Naija league tv right? Lets compare major league shirt sponsors to Naija league shirt sponsors? Lets also compare gate receipts for an average major league game to Naija football average gate receipts? Why should we stop there? How about average player income for major league player to that of Naija league player?

Msssshhhheeewww

The fact is SE brand has over decades been neglected and ridiculed due to incompetent administrators. It was so bad that getting a shirt sponsor was a problem and the one that signed did not include any money. The brand was coming from ZERO position, at least that's what we were told, unless you have info to the contrary and Nike are complicit in the fraud.
The NFF need this deal, any deal with a big boy to send out a statement that it's a brand they can invest in.

What the SE now need is an excellent showing at the wc to reinforce that message. Money follows sucess
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
He and people like him should also compare how many hours/week they spend watching MLS compared to the Nigerian Football league games on TV - even if they were equally accessible.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

NFF really upping the ante in signing sponsors. I hope it continues. Beyond the Coca Cola and Aiteo deal, they recently signed a N500million deal with WAPIC insurance. I understand that a major five year deal with NBL will be announced on February 9 or thereabouts.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:NFF really upping the ante in signing sponsors. I hope it continues. Beyond the Coca Cola and Aiteo deal, they recently signed a N500million deal with WAPIC insurance. I understand that a major five year deal with NBL will be announced on February 9 or thereabouts.
I saw something about NBL on their twitter page
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Enugu II wrote:NFF really upping the ante in signing sponsors. I hope it continues. Beyond the Coca Cola and Aiteo deal, they recently signed a N500million deal with WAPIC insurance. I understand that a major five year deal with NBL will be announced on February 9 or thereabouts.
Pinnick & his team are on the right path... :clap: :clap:

Hope this windfall of sponsorships isn't merely a spin-off of our participation in the WCup, but a result of improved marketing...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

FATHER TIKO wrote:

Hope this windfall of sponsorships isn't merely a spin-off of our participation in the WCup, but a result of improved marketing...
FATHER TIKO,

My fears exactly. I hope it is the marketing as this can open the window to true NFF independence from the government. Already, NFF's elite league no longer depends on government funding. What is left is to wean the national teams from government funds and of course interference. It is a long journey but hopefully it has begun.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Enugu II wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

FATHER TIKO,

My fears exactly. I hope it is the marketing as this can open the window to true NFF independence from the government. Already, NFF's elite league no longer depends on government funding. What is left is to wean the national teams from government funds and of course interference. It is a long journey but hopefully it has begun.
Talking about NFF elite league; whatever happened to live TV broadcast?
Someone must tell the NPFL that growth of the league & live TV are non-negotiable...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

pajimoh wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:$4 million....for 5 years?

We wouldn't be Nigerians if we don't have at least some people to still find something wrong with the deal. You try bro, continue... :taunt:
He's a gooner, complaining is in their blood :sneaky: :tic:
Na 4 million, not 40 million. Low expectation is a massive Nigerian problem.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051