BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote:Losing 0 - 3 at home to Bournemouth? No excuses. #ConteOut
Conte need to stay
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:
balo wrote:Losing 0 - 3 at home to Bournemouth? No excuses. #ConteOut
Conte need to stay

He may already be homesick. What you gonna do about that?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

analyzer wrote:
balo wrote:
analyzer wrote:Just here so that den no go talk say I run during the Bmouth thrashing CFC received..

I will say it again, CFC's issue goes beyond selling Costa or not. This one is more than bad day at office.. First I will blame board for doing a crappy transfer job and leaving the manager with no striker to choose from. Then I will blame Conte for same issues that persist with this team..

Loses to Burnley, CP, WH, and most likely B'Mouth.. Like seriously?!!!

If he was giving Batsman enough games, he won't be out on loan while we have no striker to select. This is a WC year. Players are not going to joke with their chances of playing in the WC.
My brother - Conte likes what he likes - a big striker with good touches.

Board knew Batman was out of favor so why wait till last day to secure Giroud move. For crying out loud, I heard rumors that Marina had an offer on table a few days ago. When Arsenal came back to accept, she pulled the offer hence this last min delay lol!

Focusing on Conte - he can get Cron as striker, but if he does not start adjusting to how opposing teams play CFC, there will be more bad results like today. Creativity is lacking from the MF, team cannot deal with the opposition press. Maybe someone can explain that to ceejay since Costa loss is the root of all problems

She gotta save the few pounds. How else would the club get some money to buy rakes and cutlasses to mow the field :D
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

It's over. The players want him out.

He's a good coach but doesn't know how to work the transfer market and talking too much sh*t in the media. The club needs cut all dead wood like man city, but I wonder is abrahomvic willing to pay for it??
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Kai. Today was a rough day at the office. Surely, Cahill's days as a starter should be over notwithstanding that Cortouis didn't help matters much. Na wao.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:Kai. Today was a rough day at the office. Surely, Cahill's days as a starter should be over notwithstanding that Cortouis didn't help matters much. Na wao.
My brother, Cahill was a legend today. That 1st goal was hilarious. Should have just played Rudiger in the center. At least he has the athleticism to recover..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:Kai. Today was a rough day at the office. Surely, Cahill's days as a starter should be over notwithstanding that Cortouis didn't help matters much. Na wao.
My brother, Cahill was a legend today. That 1st goal was hilarious. Should have just played Rudiger in the center. At least he has the athleticism to recover..
Conte has been managing the guy being an England international and what not but surely the writing is finally on the wall. Even the young boy, Ampadu, may have done a better job - not taking anything away from a solid Bournemouth team performance. But the fact that these guys cannot pass out of the back against a club like Bournemouth is quite embarrassing (that is where they primarily won the game). Kai
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Conte has been managing the guy being an England international and what not but surely the writing is finally on the wall. Even the young boy, Ampadu, may have done a better job - not taking anything away from a solid Bournemouth team performance. But the fact that these guys cannot pass out of the back against a club like Bournemouth is quite embarrassing (that is where they primarily won the game). Kai
Passing out the back in face of the oppositions high press has been a constant struggle all season. But the team persists with trying to build from the back. Have to take the long goal kicks sometimes and focus on winning the 2nd ball..

More frustrating is that it is the smaller teams whose pressing CFC can't deal with effectively. Conte needs to wake up
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Isn't he fired yet?

tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

But why arent we facing the truth. What do you expect? Please always put yourself in the shoes of people. Look at the uncertainty created by the board. How do you think it will affect the players and the coach. Players that do not even know whom they will play with and a coach that does not know the players he will be playing with. You plan and pick tactics during the week and come hours to the match, you are hearing this player will be here and this will not be here. Please this guys are human with blood and emotion Common. Serious clubs deal with their issues on time.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

balo wrote:Isn't he fired yet?
Do you wonder, how many coaches we have fired in the past because of same issue. And then think aboit why we kept having same issue? Look no further than the board, they are the problem of this team. Did you notice how Naija national teams are playing well now all because we have a good NFF board.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Conte is not that good....Chelsea has won more titles than any English clubs in the last 8 years ...with different coaches.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tunde72 wrote:But why arent we facing the truth. What do you expect? Please always put yourself in the shoes of people. Look at the uncertainty created by the board. How do you think it will affect the players and the coach. Players that do not even know whom they will play with and a coach that does not know the players he will be playing with. You plan and pick tactics during the week and come hours to the match, you are hearing this player will be here and this will not be here. Please this guys are human with blood and emotion Common. Serious clubs deal with their issues on time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

tunde72 wrote:But why arent we facing the truth. What do you expect? Please always put yourself in the shoes of people. Look at the uncertainty created by the board. How do you think it will affect the players and the coach. Players that do not even know whom they will play with and a coach that does not know the players he will be playing with. You plan and pick tactics during the week and come hours to the match, you are hearing this player will be here and this will not be here. Please this guys are human with blood and emotion Common. Serious clubs deal with their issues on time.
Mos def he wasn't planning to have Batshuayi. Who else was he missing? Cahill? How long now has he been costing the team matches? What was the coach's plan to keep him away from the team? None. He kept encouraging the guy as his captain.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Continue blaming the players. Conte has done something in that club that he knows. He should keep on inferring 'the players in the squad are not his own'. Way to go winning team spirit.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Everyone else knew about Cahill except Conte.

“We’ve been working hard on this formation and today we’ve put everything right and in a perfect performance. We knew Chelsea had weaknesses with their back line so we targeted one side as the triggers for our press.”

“The personnel changed not too long into the game, but the game plan for us stayed the same. The left side we were always going to press when the ball went to him. And it worked for us really. We got a lot of regains and won second balls.”

-Callum Wilson; source: Mail
https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... ll-rudiger

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

green4life wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Here's the thing...Cahill aint no John Terry..so why must we pass out the back when him dey there? U cant teach Methusela's dog new tricks :mad:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

One thing has been constant: The last time the board supported a coach properly was AVB...since then: Di Matteo - Wanted Falcao but stuck him with Torres, young Lukaku and a young, selfish/injury prone Sturridge who thought he was good enough to start
Benitez- dude..nothing for U..
Jose- Wanted Griezmann when he was cheap but got Salah/The Colombian,wanted Alex Sandro when he was cheap but got Baba Rahman, wanted a top CB but for Djiboloji and Matt Miazga..
Conte- Wanted a top CM and got Bakayoko, didnt get Chielini, wanted Perisic but got Zappacosta, didnt get Llorente, etc
======================================================
In contrast..look at Pep ...and City... Spendiola is doing Point and Kill while we dey pennypinch...after a while e go affect coach..
Btw...I was astounded he started Barkley yesterday..but I guess he's trying to get him matchfit for Barcelona..
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:One thing has been constant: The last time the board supported a coach properly was AVB...since then: Di Matteo - Wanted Falcao but stuck him with Torres, young Lukaku and a young, selfish/injury prone Sturridge who thought he was good enough to start
Benitez- dude..nothing for U..
Jose- Wanted Griezmann when he was cheap but got Salah/The Colombian,wanted Alex Sandro when he was cheap but got Baba Rahman, wanted a top CB but for Djiboloji and Matt Miazga..
Conte- Wanted a top CM and got Bakayoko, didnt get Chielini, wanted Perisic but got Zappacosta, didnt get Llorente, etc
======================================================
In contrast..look at Pep ...and City... Spendiola is doing Point and Kill while we dey pennypinch...after a while e go affect coach..
Btw...I was astounded he started Barkley yesterday..but I guess he's trying to get him matchfit for Barcelona..

Oh Lord. Not gon be good.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Folks..how should Chelsea approach this summer market? Who should we target for what position? Can we all agree that Chelsea wont be buying any big players?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

#conteout
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:Folks..how should Chelsea approach this summer market? Who should we target for what position? Can we all agree that Chelsea wont be buying any big players?

First the board needs to bring in a TD. And if possible remove transfer business from Marina's tasks. The club needs to stop the penny pinching once a target has been identified.

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

paj wrote:Folks..how should Chelsea approach this summer market? Who should we target for what position? Can we all agree that Chelsea wont be buying any big players?
They first need to look at upper management changes.