How Old is Ikouwem Udoh

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
How Old is Ikouwem Udoh

Post by niyi »

Our left back....

Nigerian websites say he's 20 years old. His date of birth on Enyimba's website is 02/02/1996 and in CAF's record for CHAN it is 11/11/1999.

Why in 2018 are we still having issues with record keeping?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: How Old is Ikouwem Udoh

Post by john12 »

If you’re his middle man just know that his not going to 2018 World Cup. After World Cup, if his good the coach might consider him
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

niyi wrote:Our left back....

Nigerian websites say he's 20 years old. His date of birth on Enyimba's website is 02/02/1996 and in CAF's record for CHAN it is 11/11/1999.

:agree:
I was also suspicious about him.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Unfortunately this remains the order of the day for us. Players and their agents should learn to trust in their abilities and not have to rely on changing their ages to bag contracts abroad. Ikouwem is talented enough that he doesn't have to resort to doing this.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

That is the type of crap that should not be happening.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

john12 wrote:If you’re his middle man just know that his not going to 2018 World Cup. After World Cup, if his good the coach might consider him
What? Dude you're obsessed with agents
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

niyi wrote:
john12 wrote:If you’re his middle man just know that his not going to 2018 World Cup. After World Cup, if his good the coach might consider him

The best thing to do is to ignore him.

The essential thing is the need to stop all this business with the age discrepancies. If you are good enough, you are good enough. If you are crap, no amount of chopping your age will help you get anywhere (unless your ambition is to play in Vietnam or some other God forsaken league).
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...don't condone the errors, but is CHAN an age based tournament?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

niyi wrote:
Don't feed the troll.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

How old is the flying eagles captain? The enyimba website has changed his DOB to 02/06/1999 since my last post
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Wrong topic..d
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bully, I am a huge fan of Stanley Amuzie, he is the most talented LB we have and I was ecstatic when he signed for Sampdoria as I believed he would improve on his defensive lapses.
I was disappointed when he did not manage to play a single match for Sampdoria, not even a cup match before he was loaned to Lugano, where he struggled for game time.
I was surprised when Lugano made his loan a permanent deal. The ball is in Amuzie's court and he needs to start fulfilling his potentials this season. The SE LB position is Stanley's if he buckles up.
I chat with someone who is close to Stanley and he said the boy has been advised to keep off social media and concentrate on his football.
I salivate at the thought of Ebuehi at RB and Amuzie at LB and the crosses they will be whipping in from both flanks.
I am happy
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Based on what I saw from Amuzie defensively during the olympics, I'm not surprised he didn't get to play for Sampdoria. He's great going forward, however, the defensive side of his game needs a lot of work. Hope he can improve at Lugano as he has a lot of potential.
Dammy wrote:Bully, I am a huge fan of Stanley Amuzie, he is the most talented LB we have and I was ecstatic when he signed for Sampdoria as I believed he would improve on his defensive lapses.
I was disappointed when he did not manage to play a single match for Sampdoria, not even a cup match before he was loaned to Lugano, where he struggled for game time.
I was surprised when Lugano made his loan a permanent deal. The ball is in Amuzie's court and he needs to start fulfilling his potentials this season. The SE LB position is Stanley's if he buckles up.
I chat with someone who is close to Stanley and he said the boy has been advised to keep off social media and concentrate on his football.
I salivate at the thought of Ebuehi at RB and Amuzie at LB and the crosses they will be whipping in from both flanks.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

niyi wrote:How old is the flying eagles captain? The enyimba website has changed his DOB to 02/06/1999 since my last post
:lol: :lol:

Everyone is in on the age cheating thing!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Dude, u sound like Fanny Amu who claims Nigeria does not cheat, but that it just discrepancy in records!
Its not about record keeping. Its about cheating!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote:
niyi wrote:How old is the flying eagles captain? The enyimba website has changed his DOB to 02/06/1999 since my last post

Can mistakes not happen? And when caught shouldn’t they be corrected? I’d understand if we are saying the boy has two different passports with different ages, but going off what someone else wrote on a website is not fair to them. I don’t know nor claim to know this guys age but come on...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I remember the abuse the likes of NFA CHAIRMAN who is actively involved in Nigerian football gets here when he points out the widespread abuses in our system ...: I have given up on trying to reason with willful Ignoramuses who will defend all manner of idiocy under false guise of patriotism :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I know Ikouwem's family in Uyo. He's actually 20. Watch out for interviews with his Primary School headmistress and his secondary school games master... :taunt:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:

Can mistakes not happen? And when caught shouldn’t they be corrected? I’d understand if we are saying the boy has two different passports with different ages, but going off what someone else wrote on a website is not fair to them. I don’t know nor claim to know this guys age but come on...

Why do you assume that the original age listed on the website is incorrect?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:

Why would I assume its correct though? Its a website not an official document, and the fact that they've updated it now shows just as much, that it can be changed willy nilly and so shouldn't be used in any official capacity...if you tell me the age on his passport changed or he's carrying two passports with different ages then I can get behind that fight...remember the NFF website once had Martins DOB as Garba Lawal's w/ a year of 1973, which caused issues with his club even led to chants at Newcastle of 23 or 29. Yet we see he's still playing till today and doing well so definitely wasn't Lawal's age mate...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Can’t blame any player for website birthdate discrepancy until you find out the source of each birthdate. Heck, Naija officials officially named a player Mikel even though no be him name be dat!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:

Why would I assume its correct though? Its a website not an official document, and the fact that they've updated it now shows just as much, that it can be changed willy nilly and so shouldn't be used in any official capacity...if you tell me the age on his passport changed or he's carrying two passports with different ages then I can get behind that fight...remember the NFF website once had Martins DOB as Garba Lawal's w/ a year of 1973, which caused issues with his club even led to chants at Newcastle of 23 or 29. Yet we see he's still playing till today and doing well so definitely wasn't Lawal's age mate...

:oops: :oops: :oops:

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is he a real SE talent or just another Benjamin Francis?
OCCUPY NFF!!