Las Palmas vs Malaga on Monday, Feb 5

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Las Palmas vs Malaga on Monday, Feb 5

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Point men (2):
------------
Ighalo
Ideye/Nwaka/Osimhen

:
Sometimes, I wonder why you guys do this. Like why you guys pretend like you have never watched the team before and then you create a playstation formation.... in hope! Like seriously!

Iheanacho is the starting striker!
I am sorry, but do you think I am making this up?????!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Like seriouslY??!!! Iheanacho is the starting striker for the coach.. how is sweet hell do you think the coach will then wait and completely change his entire strategy and decide to play Iheanacho somewhere else. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Please, lets stop deceiving ourselves in order to force clients into phantom teams.

Iheanacho is the striker, and Ighalo is his substitute.

Iwobi is a winger! That is where Rohr has played him and that is not suddenly going to change, so you guys can force your clients into a phantom team.

smh
Strategy based on which games? Blow a gasket all you want but did you see Iheanacho starting vs Cameroon twice and Zambia? Rohr tried it vs Algeria and hasn’t since tried him as a point man. First game vs Zambia he was playing behind Ideye, so not sure what you are going on about. I hope all is well with your blood pressure, but you gotta relax (Nore voice).
In what position did Iheanacho play in the last match... year, that one that we lined up against Argentina? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow, you are being serious? :???: :scared: You are talking about the FRIENDLY game where Ighalo, Moses Simon, Victor Moses were missing? Just making sure again, so you are talking about the game where Rohr tried a brand new formation that he's never used before (and who knows if he will use again)? That's what you are basing our 'strategy' on? So that now suddenly trumps everything that the team had done prior to that? Well, if that is what we are talking about, then we can unpack it.

So, in that FRIENDLY game Iheanacho DID NOT play as a lone point man like he did against Algeria (in a game where he was quite underwhelming) in Rohr's commonly used 4-3-2-1. He was part of a two man forward line with Iwobi and they played off one another and moved around quite a lot dropping deep to help at times and countering.

I would assume Rohr's 'strategy' would be based on what he's mainly used in every single COMPETITIVE game up to this point (all were 4-3-2-1) and he's used Nacho in different roles as well:

Zambia Away - Nacho played as the most forward of the 3 midfielders with Ideye as a lone point man
Algeria Home - Nacho played as lone point man - didn't have a very good game
Cameroon Home - Didn't start came in later at point man
Cameroon Away - Didn't play
Zambia Home - Didn't play
Algeria Away - Played on the wing in a 'dead rubber' game with Nwakaeme as the lone point man

Not sure how you can use this info to say he's our undisputed striker, or that he would be Rohr's lone point man.

When you ask someone a question that solicits a 1 word answer and the person has to write a paragraph, you know he has realized his failure. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you are ready, tell me what position Iheanacho played in the last match (Argentina), okay? pumpkin! :rotf:
Ahem....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
john12 wrote:Only a novice would think rohr see iheanacho as a winger. Iheanacho is simply a top 9 that knows how to score goals. All these “point men” nonsense are living in the 50’s. A striker main responsibility is to score goals and assists and not to “hold the ball” what type of delusional hold the ball mentality are you guys talking about. Kelechi and ighalo are our top 2 strikers until another goal scorer emerges they’re the best. Hold the ball my nyash!
You are taking Maceo seriously. A person who wants the likes of Enyeama and Ideye to be part of the team. he has an agenda.
Sure, but I listed all our competitive WCQ games and where Iheanacho was played, so do you two dispute that?

And btw agent john, when did I say rohr sees iheanacho as a winger? :huh: And you can use whatever term you want, when I say 'point man' I mean the lone striker that Rohr used in his WCQ formation (4-3-2-1), and he's used Ideye, Ighalo, Iheanacho, Kayode, and Nwakaeme there.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:Iheanacho is the striker, and Ighalo is his substitute.
Like during the 4-0 drubbing against Cameroon.

Oh wait! :lol:

Odiegwu!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:

Odiegwu!
He's been playing too much FIFA, doesn't actually live in the real world nor follow what actually happens in SE games...maybe that Argentina friendly is the only SE games he's actually seen in real life.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Odiegwu!
He's been playing too much FIFA, doesn't actually live in the real world nor follow what actually happens in SE games...maybe that Argentina friendly is the only SE games he's actually seen in real life.

I rather play FIFA than collect bribes from players to sell my country! :taunt: We all know how you sold your soul for a few bucks to eat, in favor of one player who will never play for Nigeria again. it didnt work. Now, you have decided to collect money from Ideye. Have some shame and dignity.

Iheanacho will start and Ighalo will support him. Tell you client, Ideye, that he is NOT going to the world cup! :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Odiegwu!

I rather play FIFA than collect bribes from players to sell my country! :taunt: We all know how you sold your soul for money for one player who will never play for Nigeria again. it didnt work. Now, you have decided to collect money from Ideye. Have some shame and dignity.

Iheanacho will start and Ighalo will support him. Tell you client, Ideye, that he is NOT going to the world cup! :lol:
So childish...and yes Iheanacho is the starter, Ighalo is the support, and Ideye will not make it. Thanks coach Rohr for giving us the full scoop 5 months away from the big dance :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Odiegwu!

I rather play FIFA than collect bribes from players to sell my country! :taunt: We all know how you sold your soul for money for one player who will never play for Nigeria again. it didnt work. Now, you have decided to collect money from Ideye. Have some shame and dignity.

So childish...and yes Iheanacho is the starter, Ighalo is the support, and Ideye will not make it. Thanks coach Rohr for giving us the full scoop 5 months away from the big dance :thumbs:
I also think Iheanacho will start ahead of Ighalo if we play with a lone striker at the world cup.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Odiegwu!

I also think Iheanacho will start ahead of Ighalo if we play with a lone striker at the world cup.
Nothing is impossible, but its Rohr's call and I can only go off of what he's done in the past to take a guess as to where his head is at. There are so many factors including who is available at the time, what tactics Rohr wants to use, who is more in form at the point in time etc.

I mean we've seen in qualifiers within the span of a few months Kele going from a sure starter to a bench warmer getting some few minutes here and there, and Ighalo working his way from a bench player to a starter. But the euphoria of the Argentina win now has him seen as a starter. But if Ighalo, Vic Mo, Moses Simon were there he wouldn't likely have started going by Rohr's choices up to that point.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Odiegwu!

Nothing is impossible, but its Rohr's call and I can only go off of what he's done in the past to take a guess as to where his head is at. There are so many factors including who is available at the time, what tactics Rohr wants to use, who is more in form at the point in time etc.

I mean we've seen in qualifiers within the span of a few months Kele going from a sure starter to a bench warmer getting some few minutes here and there, and Ighalo working his way from a bench player to a starter. But the euphoria of the Argentina win now has him seen as a starter. But if Ighalo, Vic Mo, Moses Simon were there he wouldn't likely have started going by Rohr's choices up to that point.
Same thing with Iwobi though. You got the feeling both guys were only dropped because they were struggling with their form during those times
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Odiegwu!

Bro, its clear. Iheanacho, Ighalo. Perhaps Osimehn having a shout if the coach decides to go with 5 in midfield and 7 in forward line. Guys like Ideye who are busy feeding certain people have no chance. We are ready for them this year! we are ready!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:Only a novice would think rohr see iheanacho as a winger. Iheanacho is simply a top 9 that knows how to score goals. All these “point men” nonsense are living in the 50’s. A striker main responsibility is to score goals and assists and not to “hold the ball” what type of delusional hold the ball mentality are you guys talking about. Kelechi and ighalo are our top 2 strikers until another goal scorer emerges they’re the best. Hold the ball my nyash!

you realize that "holding the ball" is the skill that allows strikers to get assists.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rohr has said he is taking 2 players per position. He has played a 433, meaning he will be taking 2 out and out strikers to Russia.

Iheanacho and Ighalo are guaranteed to be in Russia barring injuries, end of story.

If any of Ideye, Oshimen, Kayode, whoever wish to go to the party, one of these 3 things are going to have to happen

1) Injury to either Iheanacho or Ighalo (God forbid)

2) Rohr may include Iheanacho as an offensive mid and take up one of the 6 midfield spots, therefore freeing up one of the striker positions

3) These strikers will have to show that they can have versatility on the wings and can be more effective out wide than Moses Simon, Ahmed Musa, Noah Bazee or Henry Onyekuru,

frankly if all goes according to plan regarding the health of our players, none of Ideye or Oshimen will be going to Russia. The most likely scenario would be that Rohr includes Iheanacho as a midfielder giving us an extra striking option between Ideye or Oshimen.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote:Rohr has said he is taking 2 players per position. He has played a 433, meaning he will be taking 2 out and out strikers to Russia.

Iheanacho and Ighalo are guaranteed to be in Russia barring injuries, end of story.

If any of Ideye, Oshimen, Kayode, whoever wish to go to the party, one of these 3 things are going to have to happen

2) Rohr may include Iheanacho as an offensive mid and take up one of the 6 midfield spots, therefore freeing up one of the striker positions

3) These strikers will have to show that they can have versatility on the wings and can be more effective out wide than Moses Simon, Ahmed Musa, Noah Bazee or Henry Onyekuru,

frankly if all goes according to plan regarding the health of our players, none of Ideye or Oshimen will be going to Russia. The most likely scenario would be that Rohr includes Iheanacho as a midfielder giving us an extra striking option between Ideye or Oshimen.

Bros,

You are reading that stuff literally. For me, I believe Rohr will have at least three players who can play in the advanced forward position, not two. Note that in midfield he will not need two players for each position because there will be 2-3 guys who can play in multiple positions.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Rohr has said he is taking 2 players per position. He has played a 433, meaning he will be taking 2 out and out strikers to Russia.

Bros,

You are reading that stuff literally. For me, I believe Rohr will have at least three players who can play in the advanced forward position, not two. Note that in midfield he will not need two players for each position because there will be 2-3 guys who can play in multiple positions.
Personally, if I was the coach, I will go with 3 CFs and 5 midfieldrs (as Iwobi can also play as a midfielder).
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Point men (2):
------------
Ighalo
Ideye/Nwaka/Osimhen

:
Sometimes, I wonder why you guys do this. Like why you guys pretend like you have never watched the team before and then you create a playstation formation.... in hope! Like seriously!

Iheanacho is the starting striker!
I am sorry, but do you think I am making this up?????!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Like seriouslY??!!! Iheanacho is the starting striker for the coach.. how is sweet hell do you think the coach will then wait and completely change his entire strategy and decide to play Iheanacho somewhere else. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Please, lets stop deceiving ourselves in order to force clients into phantom teams.

Iheanacho is the striker, and Ighalo is his substitute.

Iwobi is a winger! That is where Rohr has played him and that is not suddenly going to change, so you guys can force your clients into a phantom team.

smh
Strategy based on which games? Blow a gasket all you want but did you see Iheanacho starting vs Cameroon twice and Zambia? Rohr tried it vs Algeria and hasn’t since tried him as a point man. First game vs Zambia he was playing behind Ideye, so not sure what you are going on about. I hope all is well with your blood pressure, but you gotta relax (Nore voice).
In what position did Iheanacho play in the last match... year, that one that we lined up against Argentina? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow, you are being serious? :???: :scared: You are talking about the FRIENDLY game where Ighalo, Moses Simon, Victor Moses were missing? Just making sure again, so you are talking about the game where Rohr tried a brand new formation that he's never used before (and who knows if he will use again)? That's what you are basing our 'strategy' on? So that now suddenly trumps everything that the team had done prior to that? Well, if that is what we are talking about, then we can unpack it.

So, in that FRIENDLY game Iheanacho DID NOT play as a lone point man like he did against Algeria (in a game where he was quite underwhelming) in Rohr's commonly used 4-3-2-1. He was part of a two man forward line with Iwobi and they played off one another and moved around quite a lot dropping deep to help at times and countering.

I would assume Rohr's 'strategy' would be based on what he's mainly used in every single COMPETITIVE game up to this point (all were 4-3-2-1) and he's used Nacho in different roles as well:

Zambia Away - Nacho played as the most forward of the 3 midfielders with Ideye as a lone point man
Algeria Home - Nacho played as lone point man - didn't have a very good game
Cameroon Home - Didn't start came in later at point man
Cameroon Away - Didn't play
Zambia Home - Didn't play
Algeria Away - Played on the wing in a 'dead rubber' game with Nwakaeme as the lone point man

Not sure how you can use this info to say he's our undisputed striker, or that he would be Rohr's lone point man.

When you ask someone a question that solicits a 1 word answer and the person has to write a paragraph, you know he has realized his failure. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you are ready, tell me what position Iheanacho played in the last match (Argentina), okay? pumpkin! :rotf:
Ahem....
Chai!

With the lessons Mace04 has dished out today, Danfo driver can now apply for work as a limo driver (or Houston Cabbie :D )
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

It’s too risky going with 5 midfielders expecially as the extra forward you want to add isn’t a special player. I will personally go with 7 defenders 6 midfielders and 7 forwards. We need balance in our team
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Enough of the abuse coming to Ideye on this thread.

As I have mentioned, no qualms if Ideye misses the Russia train, and there is a lot that frustrates one about him, right from his U-21 days, but you cannot doubt the man's talent. On paper he has all the tools. Dribbles well with both feet, heads well & in just about every game, he will create a solid assist/scoring opportunity out of nothing. See minute 1:21 in the clip below (where Ideye took the CIV backline out of the equation but Emenike blasted over). Same with for Nacho in the away vs Zambia, in the 2nd half of the Las Palmas game & a several times for Emenike in 2013.

At the same time, he just seems to lack that direct approach and killer instinct that a World Class striker should have. If he did, in addition to all the tools he has, he would have commanded $40 million at some point in his career, at today's prices.

Ideye is no spring chicken and has probably lost a step and it is up to Rohr to pick his team. However, if Ideye makes the team, it will be merited based on his talent, and he can still contribute to the team.

[/video]
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:It’s too risky going with 5 midfielders expecially as the extra forward you want to add isn’t a special player. I will personally go with 7 defenders 6 midfielders and 7 forwards. We need balance in our team
Not necessarily. Mikel can play as a DM and so can Shehu. Iwobi can play as an AM. So in essence, although you named 5 midfielders for 6 positions, you actually have 7 midfielders for 6 positions in the squad:

Mikel
Ndidi
Onazi
Ogu/Agu
Etebo
Iwobi
Shehu

And if Rohr decides Agbo should be his 4th choice CB, thats 8 players who can play midfield positions.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Malaga vs Atletico I lets see what Brown can do.....
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Game just start and Malaga are a goal down
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I hope Brown has been training and not spend the last couple of days at the hairdressers with this his blond look.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Hectic pace.

Let's see how Brown does. So far a few misplaced one touch passes
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Costa vs Brown .... today na today