Sadiq Umar joins BREDAS?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sadiq Umar joins BREDAS?

Post by Cmoke »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42846684

Dutch club NAC Breda have signed Nigeria Olympic striker Sadiq Umar on loan until the end of the season.

The tall forward arrives from Italy's AS Roma, who Umar joined in July 2015 from second tier side Spezia Calcio.

NAC Breda have the option to sign Umar, 20, for an additional season at the end of the loan period.

"Sadiq (Umar) is a very talented player who has already played at the top level," Technical director Hans Smulders told Breda's official website.

"In his search for more playing time, Sadiq now has to compete with the other strikers in our team.

"We took him on loan for half a year, but we've expressed the intention to extend this in the summer until mid-2019."

Umar has made six appearances for AS Roma, scoring two goals.

He has previously had loan stints at Bologna and Torino but failed to score for both clubs.

Umar, who is still awaiting a senior debut for his country, starred at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio scoring four goals to help Nigeria win a bronze medal.
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Sadiq Umar joins BREDAS?

Post by niyi »

Nac Breda sounds like the name of a Ghanaian whorehouse.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

niyi wrote:Nac Breda sounds like the name of a Ghanaian whorehouse.

is that where Rawlings has been hibernating? E be like say TCO sef jus commot for dia.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Scored on his debut today. He'll do well in Holland but I don't know about the step up from there. Many strikers have played well in the Dutch league then flopped after stepping up.
Last edited by niyi on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Cmoke wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42846684

Dutch club NAC Breda have signed Nigeria Olympic striker Sadiq Umar on loan until the end of the season.

The tall forward arrives from Italy's AS Roma, who Umar joined in July 2015 from second tier side Spezia Calcio.

NAC Breda have the option to sign Umar, 20, for an additional season at the end of the loan period.

"Sadiq (Umar) is a very talented player who has already played at the top level," Technical director Hans Smulders told Breda's official website.

"In his search for more playing time, Sadiq now has to compete with the other strikers in our team.

"We took him on loan for half a year, but we've expressed the intention to extend this in the summer until mid-2019."

Umar has made six appearances for AS Roma, scoring two goals.

He has previously had loan stints at Bologna and Torino but failed to score for both clubs.

Umar, who is still awaiting a senior debut for his country, starred at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio scoring four goals to help Nigeria win a bronze medal.
Dude..Don't ever do THAT again!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

niyi wrote:Scored on his debut today. He'll do well in Holland but I don't know about the step up from there. Many strikers have played well in the Dutch league then flopped after stepping up.
This news is :sleep: :sleep: without the video
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Sadiq Umar interviewed about his goal (and what was technically an assist, I guess, on the 5th goal). :clap:

[/video]
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Goldleaf wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Highlights from NAC TV :glare: . Heracles are kind of bad, and were down a man .... but the main thing for me is watching Umar's decisions/actions.

I wouldn't say his one-two on the 5th goal necessarily "created" the chance, but he did what he was supposed to do as a centre-forward playing with his back to the opponent's goal. His goal itself was interesting .... some strikers would have shot sooner, but he took his time, used his body to shield the defender, waited for the goalie to commit, sort of rounded the goalie .... and voila. For some reason :) the word "gangling" comes to mind. He only played 3 minutes.

[/video]

PS: Waiting to be accused of being an agent .... :sneaky:
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The Eagle wrote:Highlights from NAC TV :glare: . Heracles are kind of bad, and were down a man .... but the main thing for me is watching Umar's decisions/actions.

I wouldn't say his one-two on the 5th goal necessarily "created" the chance, but he did what he was supposed to do as a centre-forward playing with his back to the opponent's goal. His goal itself was interesting .... some strikers would have shot sooner, but he took his time, used his body to shield the defender, waited for the goalie to commit, sort of rounded the goalie .... and voila. For some reason :) the word "gangling" comes to mind. He only played 3 minutes.

[/video]

Agent!!!!!!!!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

The Eagle wrote:Highlights from NAC TV :glare: . Heracles are kind of bad, and were down a man .... but the main thing for me is watching Umar's decisions/actions.

[/video]

He is such a tall guy of course he is going to appear "gangling".
Actually his tall frame belies his strength on the ball and his speed.
He is very hard for defenders to dispossess and holds up the ball very well.
His subtle touch created the 4th goal and his 5th goal was nicely taken
all on his debut
it is crazy to me he was our top scorer at the olympics but hasnt been invited to the SE squad
when the likes of Osimehm who couldnt even make the olympic squad have been called up on multiple occasions
not sure what you mean by he "only played 3 minutes" That's clearly not correct
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

[/video]

He couldn't have played only 3 minutes becos his assist was in the 80th minute and his goal was in the 81st.
Unless he was substituted a few minutes after coming on and scoring, he played for at least ten minutes if not more.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

smartbrother wrote:not sure what you mean by he "only played 3 minutes" That's clearly not correct
My bad. I am a very bad agent. :)

I think what I meant to say was he scored (or assisted) 3 minutes into his debut, but somehow the sentence got truncated. It may have something to do with the bottle of OHMS nearby (ask Ohsee what that is, he grew up drinking OHMS).
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

The Eagle wrote:
smartbrother wrote:not sure what you mean by he "only played 3 minutes" That's clearly not correct
My bad. I am a very bad agent. :)

I think what I meant to say was he scored (or assisted) 3 minutes into his debut, but somehow the sentence got truncated. It may have something to do with the bottle of OHMS nearby (ask Ohsee what that is, he grew up drinking OHMS).
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
worst. agent. ever.