Ahmed MUSA with a brace.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ahmed MUSA with a brace.......

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Tbite wrote:I'm not a,fan of Musa but he was not Leicester u23 level, something shady was going on behind the scenes.
Bull crap...............Have u watched Musa played with Leicester city compared to Nacho and Ndidi?

Some players are just not built for Big Leagues period.
Stop peddling lies, he played decently and hustled. He showed flashes of what he was capable of esp against Barcelona in preseason. You know you will at the least get energy and hustle out of Musa and in fact Nacho has had worse games than the ones Musa was having, games where he was low energy/workrate and didn't seem to really try. It was inexplicable that Musa couldn't even get minutes in cup games, and was clear it was not football-related which is probably why Rohr stuck by him.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Well they didn't give him much of a chance during the real season, he can only perform when he's played.
I guess because he was Black or Muslim :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Tbite wrote:I'm not a,fan of Musa but he was not Leicester u23 level, something shady was going on behind the scenes.
Bull crap...............Have u watched Musa played with Leicester city compared to Nacho and Ndidi?

Stop peddling lies, he played decently and hustled. He showed flashes of what he was capable of esp against Barcelona in preseason. You know you will at the least get energy and hustle out of Musa and in fact Nacho has had worse games than the ones Musa was having, games where he was low energy/workrate and didn't seem to really try. It was inexplicable that Musa couldn't even get minutes in cup games, and was clear it was not football-related which is probably why Rohr stuck by him.
Well they didn't give him much of a chance during the real season, he can only perform when he's played.
Who knows, he's also not english unlike Gray and Albrighton :glare: :glare: :glare:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Why are you guys arguing like you have just seen Musa play?

Musa is all about pace and shots. Give him a set of simple instructions and a license to shoot.
Asking him to do more is akin to striking water from a rock.

The Russians know how to use him just like they knew how to use Odemwinge.
I always cringed whenever 9ja tried to use Odemwinge in different roles than he did for his club in Russia. It never worked.

LCFC has players with similar if not better (Gray is faster) and with more attributes.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Kabalega wrote:Why are you guys arguing like you have just seen Musa play?

Musa is all about pace and shots. Give him a set of simple instructions and a license to shoot.
Asking him to do more is akin to striking water from a rock.

The Russians know how to use him just like they knew how to use Odemwinge.
I always cringed whenever 9ja tried to use Odemwinge in different roles than he did for his club in Russia. It never worked.

LCFC has players with similar if not better (Gray is faster) and with more attributes.
Ehhmmm Osaze was actually quite successful in Nigeria IMO. One of the best wingers that we had in that time.

Better than Nsofor, more reliable than the injured Obasi. Even preferred him to Musa and others. Yes we used him in a number of positions, but it was never a disaster. So I wouldn't draw parallels between the two. Musa being played in the wrong position or way is like stepping down from Vancouva to Kampala.

While playing Osaze in the wrong position is like stepping down from Enugu to Kampala. Yes noticeable, but not too much of a drop.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Tbite how many goals did your guy Osaze scores for country and club? Or what did he achieved for country and club. Musa was definitely a better player than osaze
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

john12 wrote:Tbite how many goals did your guy Osaze scores for country and club? Or what did he achieved for country and club. Musa was definitely a better player than osaze
Osaze is more a winger than Musa. I don't expect wingers or natural wingers (irrespective of where they are played) to be scoring more than natural strikers (irrespective of where they are played).

Especially in the context of Nigeria.

He had better knowledge of the game, better crosses, he could beat his man etc, more creative with the ball. He wouldn't lose possession as much as Musa.

Musa is only a professional footballer as a striker or support striker, any other position he is semi-pro.

Musa had a good world cup, so it confuses some people, but over their entire careers Osaze was more consistent. Musa 70% of the time for Nigeria was the guy you were screaming to get off the pitch.

I have NEVER and will NEVER rate Musa as a winger. There is a better chance of me beating the Dwayne Johnson in a fight than me ever rating Musa as a winger.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The fact that many of you THINK that Osaze is a natural striker is testament to his intelligence and his versatility.

The fact that many of you THINK that Musa is a winger is testament to illicit recreational substances and some damaged brain cells.

but let me say that Musa as a striker played in the RIGHT WAY, against ANY TEAM can be unstoppable. When I say ANY TEAM, I mean ANY TEAM. but STRIKER STRIKER STRIKER.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Musa cannot clean Osaze's boots
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

vancity eagle wrote:Musa cannot clean Osaze's boots
He can, when played in the right way. But out of position, Musa is not fit to clean the boots of the guy that is fit to clean Osaze's boots.

Odemwinger? Na yam?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Who knows, he's also not english unlike Gray and Albrighton :glare: :glare: :glare:
Just like Ndidi and Mahrez :sneaky: :sneaky:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Vancity statistics says otherwise. Musa has more goals and assists than osaze for club and country and he isn’t retired. Yet, musa can’t clean Osaze boots.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

I love prolific headless chickens :clap: :clap:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

john12 wrote:Vancity statistics says otherwise. Musa has more goals and assists than osaze for club and country and he isn’t retired. Yet, musa can’t clean Osaze boots.
john12,

The above statement is quite wrong. Both Musa and Osaze have 11 goals each for Nigeria at the moment. Osaze's 11 came in 65 games and Musa's 11 in 68 games. I just want to set the record straight on this matter.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Musa has 13 goals and not 11 goals. Osaze was equally a good player but to say musa cannot lace his boot is quite wrong because musa statistics is better than osaze own for club and country and he isn’t retired. To me, they’re on the same level is the broader spectrum of Nigerian football
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Here comes johnny! Abeg make we hear word, Osaze is better than your client. We saw them both in the EPL...

[/video]

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Let me tell you something AGENT John12

You can kick and scream all you like, but Musa's days in the SE are numbered.

Currently he is definitely without a doubt behind Victor Moses, Simon Moses, and Alex Iwobi. This is undisputed.

Onyekuru will soon take his spot, then we have the likes of Success, Bonaventure, Yahaya, Olayinka, Bazee ALL YOUNGER, and all up and coming

Musa will not be around for much longer, take that to the bank.

In fact if it were not for injuries that have ravaged the likes of Onyekuru, Success, and Bazee, there is no way Musa would be going to Russia.

He may still not make the grade, but know this he is on his way out, and none of your objections will be able to stop it.

SE is about the best players CURRENTLY, not sentiments, and not who scored a goal 4 YEARS AGO.

By the time ANC 2019 comes around Musa will surely be gone, I say him making the WC is about 50/50 and him going there will largely depend on injuries.

You can promote your client all you want, but he has been average for SE for a very long time. We don't have room for dead weight. We need intelligence players, not headless chicken sprinters.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:Here comes johnny! Abeg make we hear word, Osaze is better than your client. We saw them both in the EPL...

[/video]

[/video]

no mind this agent.

Osaze has succeeded in both England and France, both leagues much superior to Russia.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Osaze succeded at England but didn’t at Russia. Musa conquered Russia 3 times. Anyway, the argument isn’t that osaze was a bad player the argument was that musa cannot be compared to osaze and I totally disagreed. Musa and osaze are both super eagles legend in their right and let’s end the conversation that way.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I don’t see the future and can’t say if musa days in super eagles are numbered but these are facts
1, Musa is 25 years old and is presently our top scorer
2, he is still has few more years in him at super eagles until his form totally detoriate.
3) Musa is 95% in Russia World Cup except injuries happen to him. You agents cannot bribe your players this time. They must struggle like everyone else in WCQ to attend the World Cup
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote: 1, Musa is 25 years old and is presently our top scorer

You keep stating this, but it is a meaningless statistic. None of the current SE have played anywhere near as many games as Musa. S0 of course he is the top scorer, but again a meaningless statistic.

Ahmed Musa - 67 games
Victor Moses - 30 games
Moses Simon - 19 games
Odion Ighalo - 15 games
Alex Iwobi - 14 games
Kelechi Iheanacho - 14 games
Henry Onyekuru - 2 games
Isaac Success - 1 game

More importantly lets look at goals per game ratio, and how they rank

Kelechi Iheanacho - 14 games - 8 goals = .57 goals per game
Victor Moses - 30 games - 10 goals = .33 goals per game
Alex Iwobi - 14 games - 4 goals = .285 goals per game
Odion Ighalo - 15 games - 4 goals = .266 goals per game
Moses Simon - 19 games - 4 goals = .21 goals per game
Ideye Brown - 28 games - 6 goals = .21 goals per game
Ahmed Musa - 67 games - 13 goals = .19 goals per game

Out of EVERY forward player who has played any substantial amount of games. AHMED MUSA HAS THE WORST GOALS PER GAME RATIO. Even the non scoring Ideye Brown is more productive.

The bottom line is that Ahmed Musa is just not good enough for SE.

He has played 67 matches and has not really improved one bit. I thank him for his service, but his time as a SE player is coming to an end.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Vancity that’s even more reasons for you to respect musa. Do you think it’s easy to have 65 caps for super eagles at 25?? Well, it’s not easy. Also, most of those games were on the wings and not as a top striker. So many Nigerian players hasn’t even played up to 50 games for super eagles in their entire career let alone 65 caps at 25 (respect him) The simple fact is that presently musa is one of super eagles most experienced player and has earned his right at that team. If musa has to be demoted then it must be for an upgrade and not downgrade that’s the problem I have with you on this issue. It seems to me like you’re just screaming new players new players for no reason. You cannot expect us to drop one of our experienced players at World Cup for some inexperienced backwater leagues guys. Like I have said numerous times, After World Cup you agents can invite your players for ANC and Wcq qualifying.
Last edited by john12 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You want to earn the wrath of MentalAlbrighton? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

john12 wrote:Vancity that’s even more reasons for you to respect musa. Do you think it’s easy to have 65 caps for super eagles at 25?? Well, it’s not easy. Also, most of those games were on the wings and not as a top striker. So many Nigerian players hasn’t even played up to 50 games for super eagles in their entire career let alone 65 caps at 25 (respect him) The simple fact is that presently musa is one of super eagles most experienced player and has earned his right at that team. If musa has to be demoted then it must be for an upgrade and not downgrade that’s the problem I have with you on this issue. It seems to me like you’re just screaming new players new players for no reason. You cannot expect us to drop one of our experienced players at World Cup for some inexperienced backwater leagues guys. Like I have said numerous times, After World Cup you agents can invite your players for ANC and Wcq qualifying.
I heartily believe that SE won ANC because of the minimal role Musa played in the tournament. Then Keshi was featuring our best players before malfeasance
and depravity got hold of him. I have always known the Musa is devoid of the skill to succeed in any elite clubs. He has been brainless from inception. The only reason he is mentioned as a member of SE is ultra conservatism of Rohr. Surely I take Success., Bazee, and Onyekuru over him anytime any day. The goals he scored in 2014 world cup were all earned serendipitously .