Barca are the best team in Europe - Case Closed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Barca are the best team in Europe - Case Closed

Post by charlie »

Every time I watch this team, I shake my head in envy.

They've corrected all their weaknesses from last year (in fact they have the best rated defense in Europe to date). They are undefeated in La Liga all season, and they score with abandon, even against the stingiest defenses. Suarez is on fire all season long and is the best forward in Europe right now.

Chelsea fans should be quaking in their boots for next week, because if Watford can score 4 goals against that defense, only god knows how many they will chop against Barca.

Anything can happen in the champions league, but I havent seen the team that can beat Barca over 2 matches, yet.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Barca are the best team in Europe - Case Closed

Post by marutimon »

Famous last words? They have no competition in Spain with Athletico rebuilding and Real Madrid unravelling.

We'll see how they do vs Chelsea...
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

marutimon wrote:Famous last words? They have no competition in Spain with Athletico rebuilding and Real Madrid unravelling.

No competition ke? Ma mi, watch la liga. Its rated the best league in the world for a reason.
Just because they are making pros look like secondary school footballers, does not mean they are not legit scary.

Barring injury or wayo, Chelsea have zero hope. I don talk am.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

La Liga is getting watered down now, the skill gap between clubs like Barca and the rest is so wide that it's almost non competitive, save for Athletico Madrid and brave displays from the likes of Levante, Bilbao, Sevilla... La Liga just like the Ligue 1 is just one route football with Barca hemming it all... at least till RM get their acts together.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Was at the Nou Camp a few weeks back, vs. Alaves, had Barca lost by 2 or 3, it wouldn't have been a shock on the basis of that display. It will come as no surprise if, at the appointed time, they're dispatched in the Champions league.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That's nonsense. There is virtually no difference between La Liga and EPL tables

If anything the gap between teams in La Liga is lessening because of better revenue sharing arrangements
Tobi17 wrote:La Liga is getting watered down now, the skill gap between clubs like Barca and the rest is so wide that it's almost non competitive, save for Athletico Madrid and brave displays from the likes of Levante, Bilbao, Sevilla... La Liga just like the Ligue 1 is just one route football with Barca hemming it all... at least till RM get their acts together.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

charlie wrote:
marutimon wrote:Famous last words? They have no competition in Spain with Athletico rebuilding and Real Madrid unravelling.

No competition ke? Ma mi, watch la liga. Its rated the best league in the world for a reason.
Just because they are making pros look like secondary school footballers, does not mean they are not legit scary.

Its the best league because Barca, Real and Athletico are bringing in the points.

But EPL is stronger this season: 5 teams out of 5 made the CL playoff stage with 4 teams topping their group, while only 3 out of 4 La Liga teams qualified further with only 1 team topping their group.

Not the best year to prove La Liga is no 1...
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Sorry but nonsense. I guess Barca, Atleti and Real are the reason why La Liga is ahead by a country mile in UEFA rankings? :roll:

Nah, rather it has to do with lower rated teams in La Liga winning the Europa League or getting very far. Teams like Villarreall, Sevilla, Espanyol and Celta have all gone as far as the final in recent years. In fact, for three consecutive years, La Liga teams swept both competitions. I remember Sevilla, no 10 in La Liga for that year, disgracing Liverpool

marutimon wrote:
charlie wrote:

Its the best league because Barca, Real and Athletico are bringing in the points.

But EPL is stronger this season: 5 teams out of 5 made the CL playoff stage with 4 teams topping their group, while only 3 out of 4 La Liga teams qualified further with only 1 team topping their group.

Not the best year to prove La Liga is no 1...
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

More people watch the championship, than the Laliga. The quality of these leagues, will surely catch up with the hype. They will attract the best, the world has to offer. Wolves is already spending more money, than some Laliga top six teams.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Where did you get those numbers? :rotf:

okidoki wrote:More people watch the championship, than the Laliga. The quality of these leagues, will surely catch up with the hype. They will attract the best, the world has to offer. Wolves is already spending more money, than some Laliga top six teams.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

YUJAM wrote:That's nonsense. There is virtually no difference between La Liga and EPL tables

If anything the gap between teams in La Liga is lessening because of better revenue sharing arrangements
Tobi17 wrote:La Liga is getting watered down now, the skill gap between clubs like Barca and the rest is so wide that it's almost non competitive, save for Athletico Madrid and brave displays from the likes of Levante, Bilbao, Sevilla... La Liga just like the Ligue 1 is just one route football with Barca hemming it all... at least till RM get their acts together.
Better than what/where?

If anything, the gap in La Liga is worse this season.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

It would help if you were current on this one

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/sp ... ize-money/
anointed wrote:
YUJAM wrote:That's nonsense. There is virtually no difference between La Liga and EPL tables

Better than what/where?

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

YUJAM wrote:It would help if you were current on this one

anointed wrote:

Better than what/where?

From your link:
However, Real Madrid and Barcelona are both set to keep their usual earnings under the new system as well.
But the new deal has a clause where Real Madrid and Barcelona won’t take any hit in their TV rights revenue enabling them continue earning in the region of €140 million a per.
The question remains unanswered: Better than what/where?

Cypriot or Icelandic Leagues, for instance?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I am sure reading the article at link will answer the questions you have
anointed wrote:
YUJAM wrote:It would help if you were current on this one

anointed wrote:

Better than what/where?

From your link:
However, Real Madrid and Barcelona are both set to keep their usual earnings under the new system as well.
But the new deal has a clause where Real Madrid and Barcelona won’t take any hit in their TV rights revenue enabling them continue earning in the region of €140 million a per.
The question remains unanswered: Better than what/where?

Cypriot or Icelandic Leagues, for instance?
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

YUJAM wrote:Where did you get those numbers? :rotf:

okidoki wrote:More people watch the championship, than the Laliga. The quality of these leagues, will surely catch up with the hype. They will attract the best, the world has to offer. Wolves is already spending more money, than some Laliga top six teams.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.u ... l/42704713

There are more resources, if you bother to check. Like I predicted before the influx of some of the worlds best coaches into the EPL. A time will come, when playing in the championship will be celebrated like it’s the Laliga or calcio...Money is key...
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Yujam, you've got time.

You only need to watch the footie on the green grass.
Spain based teams are levels ahead. The passing, dribbling, shots are exquisite.

Barca was lucky not to concede 2 goals yesterday and were not even that sharp in the final third.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Most watched at stadiums vs most watched - Spot the difference?

Anyway there ar more factors to a quality league than money.
okidoki wrote:

There are more resources, if you bother to check. Like I predicted before the influx of some of the worlds best coaches into the EPL. A time will come, when playing in the championship will be celebrated like it’s the Laliga or calcio...Money is key...
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Kabalega wrote:Yujam, you've got time.

Spain based teams are levels ahead. The passing, dribbling, shots are exquisite.

Barca was lucky not to concede 2 goals yesterday and were not even that sharp in the final third.

There's a reason I call these people EPL fans and not football fans.

Not only do they not know, do not bother to, and actually are repulsed by proper football. Can you imagine someone actually hyping the English championship?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.
txj wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Yujam, you've got time.

There's a reason I call these people EPL fans and not football fans.

Not only do they not know, do not bother to, and actually are repulsed by proper football. Can you imagine someone actually hyping the English championship?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

okidoki wrote:More people watch the championship, than the Laliga. The quality of these leagues, will surely catch up with the hype. They will attract the best, the world has to offer. Wolves is already mispending more money, than some Laliga top six teams.
Fixed.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

charlie wrote:Every time I watch this team, I shake my head in envy.

They've corrected all their weaknesses from last year (in fact they have the best rated defense in Europe to date). They are undefeated in La Liga all season, and they score with abandon, even against the stingiest defenses. Suarez is on fire all season long and is the best forward in Europe right now.

Chelsea fans should be quaking in their boots for next week, because if Watford can score 4 goals against that defense, only god knows how many they will chop against Barca.

Anything can happen in the champions league, but I havent seen the team that can beat Barca over 2 matches, yet.

I agree about Barca.
I said it i believe 7 yrs ago on this site.
They have an awesome system and are very good in all departments of the game.
Every player on the team sabi handle ball well.
Only way to ever defeat them is with your A+ Game till the final whistle.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

YUJAM wrote:Most watched at stadiums vs most watched - Spot the difference?

Anyway there ar more factors to a quality league than money.
okidoki wrote:

I’m not arguing that with you, just letting you know at one point money will lift the average to class. Case in point countries like Kenya and South Africa achieving more than their natural talent due to better leagues. :taunt:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

blueangel wrote:
charlie wrote:Every time I watch this team, I shake my head in envy.

I agree about Barca.
I said it i believe 7 yrs ago on this site.
They have an awesome system and are very good in all departments of the game.
Every player on the team sabi handle ball well.
Only way to ever defeat them is with your A+ Game till the final whistle.
Barca when Messi is gone they will be an average good team like the rest.
They will be knock out this CL when face with better teams in Europe