Enyeama nko?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Enyeama nko?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Vince is not getting any playing time at all after his injury, may need to go to another team in n loan so he can be ready by June. We need him badly . Enzenwa,Akpeyi and uzoho will not cut it if we hope to get out of group stage. I don tok ma own o!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Enyeama nko?

Post by Undertaker »

WE DON'T NEED ENYEAMA..................... HE IS RETIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Undertaker wrote:WE DON'T NEED ENYEAMA..................... HE IS RETIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Ezenwa is the vampire we need abi? The guy gave a senseless pk at Cameroon and almost cost us the game in Algiers. Will it take a mistake vs Croatia to realize he’s not up to date he Job? Ok o!
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Maceo, any update? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Vince is not getting any playing time at all after his injury, may need to go to another team in n loan so he can be ready by June. We need him badly . Enzenwa,Akpeyi and uzoho will not cut it if we hope to get out of group stage. I don tok ma own o!
Emir, Enyeama or not, we will DEFEAT CROATIA and TOP the group. Please take this to the bank. It is not a prediction, it is already written.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Undertaker wrote:WE DON'T NEED ENYEAMA..................... HE IS RETIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many people has refused to accept Enyeama is retired and he did so by ABANDONING the team. For me, it is a done deal, the man will NOT go to Russia with the Super-eagles. However, he can do so on his own expense and et al. That's all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Vince is not getting any playing time at all after his injury, may need to go to another team in n loan so he can be ready by June. We need him badly . Enzenwa,Akpeyi and uzoho will not cut it if we hope to get out of group stage. I don tok ma own o!
Emir, Enyeama or not, we will DEFEAT CROATIA and TOP the group. Please take this to the bank. It is not a prediction, it is already written.

Who wrote it? Is it the same person who our victory over Denmark and France at the wc?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Odas wrote:
Who wrote it? Is it the same person who our victory over Denmark and France at the wc?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No bros! It is written by the powers beyond you and I. Just have patience, wait and watch
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Enyeama is done! We have competent goalies. You guys too panic
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

highbury wrote:Enyeama is done! We have competent goalies. You guys too panic

Who's the competent goalie we have that's ready to face world class corners and freekicks?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ezenwa can do the job. He just needs to work on gathering the ball without fouling.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Who's the competent goalie we have that's ready to face world class corners and freekicks?

Would love to have Enyeama, but he needs to prove that he is still competent by playing regularly. In the meantime, Rohr is doing the right thing. He's absolutely focused on the goalkeepers that he has. And that's what we as fans should be doing.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

if we can't(a football nation of over 180 million or more) move past this Enyeama obsession and let old boy retire in peace, then we have more problems than we can imagine.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

No Nigerian keeper is really doing the business this seasn, TBH, that is why Uzoho with a couple of La Liga starts is pretty much guaranteed one of the 3 places in Russia.

It is up to the coaching crew at this point.

I think Ezenwa has nicked one of the 3 spots as well. He started 4 of our WCQs with 2 wins and 2 draws (with 1 now technically a loss) and he had a good CHAN. He is not the best home based keeper, but he has not hurt his chances in over 2 years with the SE (main & CHAN). Yes, he can be erratic and as the Algeria (away) game showed, he still struggles with some aspects of the game (crosses, decision making under pressure etc), but he is a good shot stopper, and with Ikeme absent, I think he has just about done enough to secure a spot as well.

It is also obvious that the crew know this is probably the the only position where we still have some issues (I'd add the targetman to hold up play, but I don't want Danfo Driver to stab someone in the Motor Park) :taunt: :taunt:
The approach towards the likes of Maduka Okoye confirms this. It is sad that Vince has not made a move to get regular playing time, even if at a slightly lower level, in January. I think he has earned the right to be assessed in camp, but I doubt that he is one of the best 3 options available to the team.

I just hope that as the coaching crew look at the options for March, that they consider David Nwolokor (Good young keeper in Europe whose resume is as good as Uzoho and Okoye) and Femi Thomas (had bad luck with the Kano Pillars move last season, but is back on his feet with Rangers. Top keeper in NPFL over the last 10 years)
Last edited by truetalk on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Ezenwa, Uzoho, Ajiboye, Alampasu etc. If you don't remember Enyeama was the reason we lost to France at the World Cup 2014 by failing to properly clear a corner kick that resulted in Pogba pouncing on his error. Enyeama is not infallible. He is prone to mistakes like every human. Others must be given the chance Enyeama had.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:if we can't(a football nation of over 180 million or more) move past this Enyeama obsession and let old boy retire in peace, then we have more problems than we can imagine.

Whenever the size of our population is brought up you know the situation doesn't look good for Nigeria at all. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote:
Ezenwa, Uzoho, Ajiboye, Alampasu etc. If you don't remember Enyeama was the reason we lost to France at the World Cup 2014 by failing to properly clear a corner kick that resulted in Pogba pouncing on his error. Enyeama is not infallible. He is prone to mistakes like every human. Others must be given the chance Enyeama had.
Thank you! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Please "told dem", not ONLY to bros Emir, but to several others who think without Enyeama, we will be smoked by other teams.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Enyeama pls continue to enjoy your retirement, you have done well. Dont mind these people that just want to see you run out for their own enjoyment, your career and wellbeing is not a priority for them. Lest we forget, we were told we needed Enyeama for Cameroon, Zambia and ofcourse after a 2 mins tweet.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote:Enyeama pls continue to enjoy your retirement, you have done well. Dont mind these people that just want to see you run out for their own enjoyment, your career and wellbeing is not a priority for them. Lest we forget, we were told we needed Enyeama for Cameroon, Zambia and ofcourse after a 2 mins tweet.
And financial gain. Shame on them!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
felarey wrote:Enyeama pls continue to enjoy your retirement, you have done well. Dont mind these people that just want to see you run out for their own enjoyment, your career and wellbeing is not a priority for them. Lest we forget, we were told we needed Enyeama for Cameroon, Zambia and ofcourse after a 2 mins tweet.
And financial gain. Shame on them!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

truetalk wrote:No Nigerian keeper is really doing the business this seasn, TBH, that is why Uzoho with a couple of La Liga starts is pretty much guaranteed one of the 3 places in Russia.

It is up to the coaching crew at this point.

I think Ezenwa has nicked one of the 3 spots as well. He started 4 of our WCQs with 2 wins and 2 draws (with 1 now technically a loss) and he had a good CHAN. He is not the best home based keeper, but he has not hurt his chances in over 2 years with the SE (main & CHAN). Yes, he can be erratic and as the Algeria (away) game showed, he still struggles with some aspects of the game (crosses, decision making under pressure etc), but he is a good shot stopper, and with Ikeme absent, I think he has just about done enough to secure a spot as well.

It is also obvious that the crew know this is probably the the only position where we still have some issues (I'd add the targetman to hold up play, but I don't want Danfo Driver to stab someone in the Motor Park) :taunt: :taunt:
The approach towards the likes of Maduka Okoye confirms this. It is sad that Vince has not made a move to get regular playing time, even if at a slightly lower level, in January. I think he has earned the right to be assessed in camp, but I doubt that he is one of the best 3 options available to the team.

I just hope that as the coaching crew look at the options for March, that they consider David Nwolokor (Good young keeper in Europe whose resume is as good as Uzoho and Okoye) and Femi Thomas (had bad luck with the Kano Pillars move last season, but is back on his feet with Rangers. Top keeper in NPFL over the last 10 years)

Femi Thomas and Ezenwa were both on the squad for the 2016 CHAN, and Ezenwa was adjudged to be better by the then coaching staff, led by Sunday Oliseh. Also, in the past two seasons, he lost his starting shirt at Enyimba to Theophilus Afelokhai, necessitating a move to Rivers United where he failed to unseat the ageless Rotimi Sunday. Yet you continue to assert that he is the best goalkeeper in the NPFL. Mind you, I like Femi Thomas as well, and have been a fan going back to his Flying Eagles days. But he is not better than Ezenwa.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

The last competitive game which we did not commit major goalkeeping blunders was against Zambia in Zambia with Ikeme in goal. Had those games been against the likes of Argentina or Croatia we wouldn’t have qualified for the wc. You guys are all corrupted agents trying to make $ off Enzenwa and Uzoho by throwing them all in the deep end. Shame on you all. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The last competitive game which we did not commit major goalkeeping blunders was against Zambia in Zambia with Ikeme in goal. Had those games been against the likes of Argentina or Croatia we wouldn’t have qualified for the wc. You guys are all corrupted agents trying to make $ off Enzenwa and Uzoho by throwing them all in the deep end. Shame on you all. :boo:

Indeed, without goalkeeping blunders, we'd have had a hundred percent record coming out of the toughest group of the World Cup Qualifiers. No doubt about that. But you cannot worry about what you don't have. Right now, we don't have Enyeama and Ikeme. That's the reality.

So we've got to focus on getting the guys that we have ready.