Iggy Scoop in Russia?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Iggy Scoop in Russia?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ighalo seems to have stopped doing his crossover scoop, haven't seen him do it in 2 yrs. He needs to bring it back in Russia vs Croatia and Iceland,they're the types of teams that will fall for it hook,line and sinker at the wrong time. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: WC go sweet o. DNQ no good o. :thumbs:
[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iggy Scoop in Russia?

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ighalo seems to have stopped doing his crossover scoop, haven't seen him do it in 2 yrs. He needs to bring it back in Russia vs Croatia and Iceland,they're the types of teams that will fall for it hook,line and sinker at the wrong time. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: WC go sweet o. DNQ no good o. :thumbs:
[/video]

as long as he chooses the right options after the scoop...pass or score, not shoot aimlessly
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

To be honest if he scores or assists minus a scoop I won’t really care,the scoop is only useful when it contributes to something positive!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Eaglezbeak wrote:To be honest if he scores or assists minus a scoop I won’t really care,the scoop is only useful when it contributes to something positive!
Kpom! To be honest Nigeria need find a better striker someone clinical and prolific. Ighalo needs 10 chances to score one while Brown Ideye can’t score at all. Keeping my fingers crossed on finding a clinical striker before the World Cup because Mrs Ighalo isn’t it!!!!
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Flex Swift wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:To be honest if he scores or assists minus a scoop I won’t really care,the scoop is only useful when it contributes to something positive!
Kpom! To be honest Nigeria need find a better striker someone clinical and prolific. Ighalo needs 10 chances to score one while Brown Ideye can’t score at all. Keeping my fingers crossed on finding a clinical striker before the World Cup because Mrs Ighalo isn’t it!!!!
It dépends...on his 1/10 chances.. against Cameroun in Uyo, Ighalo scored with his first chance on goal... So it all dépends on the day.. Whenever Ighalo scores early, the eagles always carry the day..
afc##
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

chuks69 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
It dépends...on his 1/10 chances.. against Cameroun in Uyo, Ighalo scored with his first chance on goal... So it all dépends on the day.. Whenever Ighalo scores early, the eagles always carry the day..
And in the second leg what happened? Miss after miss after miss ....very useless player
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ighalo is not a tournament player. If you use is goal per game stats, he can go 5 games without a goal. That's the group stage done and dusted
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...good dribbler but selfish one. Many instances to pass to open player he decide to do more dancing steps.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Flex Swift wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
And in the second leg what happened? Miss after miss after miss ....very useless player

You’re obviously clinically useless. I believe you’re London based, case closed!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

mcal wrote:...good dribbler but selfish one. Many instances to pass to open player he decide to do more atilogwu dancing :P steps.
:taunt: E be like say nah JayJay OKOCHA be dat oh :biggrin:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

He was huge (or "yuge" like Trump will say) in our Uyo game against Cameroon. That was arguably the most crucial game in the series. He was so slippery and got their two centrebacks carded. They became cautious and the floodgates opened as a result. For a lone striker to have that kind of influence on a game is awesome. Even though I also worry about his consistency, there is no defense in this world that has an answer to him when he is at his best. Hopefully he comes good at the right time.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Flex Swift wrote:
Obafemi Martins
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

jette1 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Obafemi Martins

pushing 40 by now, not so?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

People are so unappreciative on this website. You just choosed to label a player that sacrifice his blood, sweat and tears for his country as useless just because you don’t think he is capable enough for your team. To me, ighalo constant criticism on here is unjustified because
Ighalo has qualities like Driblling, Hustling, Holding the ball and sometimes scoring but the way forumers attack him on here you would think he is Useless. Personally, I believe that a striker main responsibility is to “Score goals” or “Assists chances” anything contrary are just added jara and looking at ighalo you get the feeling that he would dribble, Hustle but isn’t that trustworthy in front of goal. However, on current form in the past 18 months ighalo deserves to be on our 23. I still wouldn’t call him useless tho! We need a ruthless finisher like Iheanacho as our top man while ighalo can be a replacement for Iheanacho. My tuppence!
Last edited by john12 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We have Kelechi Iheanacho as a ruthless finisher and people are asking for a top striker. I hope people hasn’t bought the illusion of “holding the ball” strikers. The coach should build his strikers around kelechi because you know that as long as chances are created kelechi will finish. Kelechi for me is my top striker while Ighalo is my back up striker
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ighalo got found out with his scoop, every defender figured him out real quick.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Nigeria failed to qualify for back to back African cup of nations competitions (having previously won using the strike force of Emenike ,Ideye and Ike) guess who was the main striker failing to score goals? Mrs played 90 mins against Egypt home and away and did not have a single shot on target talk less of scoring. in the must win game against South Africa were we drew 1-1 guess who scored for 9ja yes the much hated Ahmed Musa not the flashy Iggey ......... if he leads the line for Nigeria at the World Cup I will only hope for the best as Nigeria would be competing with a very below average striker who led his country to back 2 back failures in ANC qualification.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Flex Swift wrote:Nigeria failed to qualify for back to back African cup of nations competitions (having previously won using the strike force of Emenike ,Ideye and Ike) guess who was the main striker failing to score goals? Mrs played 90 mins against Egypt home and away and did not have a single shot on target talk less of scoring. in the must win game against South Africa were we drew 1-1 guess who scored for 9ja yes the much hated Ahmed Musa not the flashy Iggey ......... if he leads the line for Nigeria at the World Cup I will only hope for the best as Nigeria would be competing with a very below average striker who led his country to back 2 back failures in ANC qualification.

So, future = past x 2 - future? This is the mentality that’s has kept us down for centuries. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Nigeria failed to qualify for back to back African cup of nations competitions (having previously won using the strike force of Emenike ,Ideye and Ike) guess who was the main striker failing to score goals? Mrs played 90 mins against Egypt home and away and did not have a single shot on target talk less of scoring. in the must win game against South Africa were we drew 1-1 guess who scored for 9ja yes the much hated Ahmed Musa not the flashy Iggey ......... if he leads the line for Nigeria at the World Cup I will only hope for the best as Nigeria would be competing with a very below average striker who led his country to back 2 back failures in ANC qualification.

So, future = past x 2 - future? This is the mentality that’s has kept us down for centuries. :laugh:
Am I missing something? Has his strike improved all of sudden? Why did he move in the transfer window
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Flex Swift wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Am I missing something? Has his strike improved all of sudden? Why did he move in the transfer window
The SE team he played in when we failed to qualify for Afcon is entirely different from the one he played in when we QUALIFIED for the wc and did brilliantly in his position. Why is his performance 2 yrs ago for a hapless SSS team an indication of how he’ll perform under Rohr in 2018?
OCCUPY NFF!!