The 23 for Russia as of today.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
The 23 for Russia as of today.....

Post by Enugu II »

This piece is the first of the Countdown to Russia. Player chances will be categorized as Highly Probable++ (80-100% likelihood), Possible+ (50-79%), Questionable? (40-59%) and Doubtful?? (39% or less).
In spite of opportunities to invite new players to the squad, Iheanacho is a solid shoo-in because no other Nigerian striker has been remotely close to being clinical in front of goal . That includes the current starter Odion Ighalo. Thus, while I view Ighalo as replaceable, I currently do not see Iheanacho as easily replaceable in the squad.
Find detailed analysis by clicking below:
http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2018/02/c ... ng-to.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: The 23 for Russia as of today.....

Post by Cellular »

Iwobi is a "Highly Probable++"
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Well, good "assumptions" and/or write-up. As you have stated, there is no telling what will happen tomorrow to any of our players; however, I am sure they are all doing their best to be in the Plane to Russia. In all, may our BEST players be selected.

Oh, I almost forgot about the "agents." :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Also, don't see how Idowu's place could be more secure than Echiejile, do we even know if he's fully switched his nationality given the problems it would cause with his chances to play at his current club.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote:
This piece is the first of the Countdown to Russia. Player chances will be categorized as Highly Probable++ (80-100% likelihood), Possible+ (50-79%), Questionable? (40-59%) and Doubtful?? (39% or less).
In spite of opportunities to invite new players to the squad, Iheanacho is a solid shoo-in because no other Nigerian striker has been remotely close to being clinical in front of goal . That includes the current starter Odion Ighalo. Thus, while I view Ighalo as replaceable, I currently do not see Iheanacho as easily replaceable in the squad.

Failed attempt to use statistics, I give you an F. :taunt:
There is no scenario in which all the players listed as highly probable and possible + don’t make the squad other than injury or they start taking drugs. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Cellular wrote:Iwobi is a "Highly Probable++"

add Igahlo and Onazi to highly probable++ - but I agree with Balogun
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

walesvilla wrote:

add Igahlo and Onazi to highly probable++ - but I agree with Balogun
Balogun seems to be getting back into his groove, he started the last match for Mainz, I think due to an injury to the previous starter, but still its a chance for him to prove himself and keep his spot.
Last edited by maceo4 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
There is no scenario in which all the players listed as highly probable and possible + don’t make the squad other than injury or they start taking drugs. :thumbs:
Bros! The highlighted in your post is exactly what the writer said; I believe. It is all "assumptions" as I have said in my post as well. Nothing is set in stone at moment; therefore, we should NOT read too much meaning into the listed names. To me, all these doesn't mean much
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Good write-up, EnuguII. Good how you premised your analysis on assumptions. There is also the distinct possibility of a player or even two players not listed crashing into the World Cup team. I recall in 1994, at around this time-frame, neither Mike Emenalo nor Chidi Nwanu would have been listed(having played no part in qualifiers or even friendlies). They not only made the cut, they started every match (bar Emenalo who took over from Iroha after the first math against Bulgaria).
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Obong wrote:Good write-up, EnuguII. Good how you premised your analysis on assumptions. There is also the distinct possibility of a player or even two players not listed crashing into the World Cup team. I recall in 1994, at around this time-frame, neither Mike Emenalo nor Chidi Nwanu would have been listed(having played no part in qualifiers or even friendlies). They not only made the cut, they started every match (bar Emenalo who took over from Iroha after the first math against Bulgaria).
if Uzoho impresses in next set of friendlies - he will certainly do a Chidi Nwanu over Akepkyi and Ezenwa
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

:rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

:agree:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Etebo is slowly working his way up the pecking order..
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Awoniyi should be in the mix too
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Odas wrote:Well, good "assumptions" and/or write-up. As you have stated, there is no telling what will happen tomorrow to any of our players; however, I am sure they are all doing their best to be in the Plane to Russia. In all, may our BEST players be selected.

Oh, I almost forgot about the "agents." :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D I'm sure the esteemed prof was only pulling our legs when he wrote 'detailed analysis'.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

don't want Echiejile anywhere near the team
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Everyone on the possible list is, in reality, a highly probable.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

I wonder why no one mentions Junior Ajayi. Have we decided that he is definitely one for the future and not ready for a look in? Or is it solely because he is still playing in Africa. Ahly is a very credible team and he is balling there. I don’t really see why Aaron Samuel or Kayode should get mentioned before him on current form IMHO.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

3 goal keepers (adding up to 300%)
Ezenwa 80%
Uzoho 80%
Akpeyi 50%
Nwokolor 50%
Enyeama 20%
Ajiboye 20%

4 central defenders

Balogun 95%
Ekong 95%
Awaziem 85% (can also play as a right back)
Omeruo 75%
Uche Agbo 40%
Eze 10%

2 right full backs
Shehu 95
Ebuehi 90
Osas/Aina/Idowu 15%

2 left full backs
Aina 70
Idowu 70 (both Aina and Idowu can also play as right backs)
Elderson 60

6 central midfielders
Mikel 95%
Ndidi 95%
Onazi 90%
Etebo 90%
Ogu 70%
Agu 70%
Obi 50%
Azubuike 40%

4 wing forwards
Moses 95%
Iwobi 95%
Simon 75%
Musa 70%
Henry 45%
Nwakaeme 30%

2 strikers
Iheanacho 90%
Ighalo 70%
Ideye 20%
Ajayi 10%
Ujah 10%
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

What exactly is there to mention about the guy?
Fact is: he ain't good enough.
BigMuze wrote:I wonder why no one mentions Junior Ajayi. Have we decided that he is definitely one for the future and not ready for a look in? Or is it solely because he is still playing in Africa. Ahly is a very credible team and he is balling there. I don’t really see why Aaron Samuel or Kayode should get mentioned before him on current form IMHO.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

BigMuze wrote:I wonder why no one mentions Junior Ajayi. Have we decided that he is definitely one for the future and not ready for a look in? Or is it solely because he is still playing in Africa. Ahly is a very credible team and he is balling there. I don’t really see why Aaron Samuel or Kayode should get mentioned before him on current form IMHO.
How mush na? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

A lot of people that don't watch the domestic league have never seen him.

He was very good at home (Shooting) and with the U-23, but got injured at the wrong time. Nevertheless, Sia1 took him to the Olympics I think, & dropped Awoniyi. He needs to have a dominant season with El Ahly to get back into SE reckoning. I don't think it will happen for him in time for Russia.

I think we will get 1 or 2 WC thieves. Players who will seem to come out of the blue. They might fit into 2 profiles.

1) A big striker that can bang in 3 - 6 goals between now and the March friendlies. So Nwaekeme (he has been in the setup, so won't really be a thief), Ideye, Dessers, Osimhen, Awoniyi, Ujah, Gabriel (no European league opportunities but could be one of the 35) etc need to get their scoring boots on quickly.

2) One of the German boys. Uduokhai, Akpoguna & to a lesser extent Bazee and Okoye.

I think it is really good that most of us can name 17 - 18 of the 23 likely to make it to Russia with a high degree of confidence. That shows stability going into the World Cup.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Fact not feelings.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger