TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [CL] JUV vs TOT

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
can04 wrote:Great result for Spurs, obviously. They look good for quarter finals.
What Spurs is doing now is as enjoyable as what Dortmund under Klopp and Atleti Madrid were doing under Simeone, it's just beautiful to watch a club come in leaps and bounds organically, I'm not saying they don't spend at all, but I'm sure you get my point.

I wish Spurs, out of all EPL clubs, they are the one i want to win CL, even United the team i support i don't think they deserve it if we somehow win it.

And most of all i hope Spurs don't lose their best players to other greedy vultures
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Please don't laugh at me, this is the only place i share my honest opinions about football and United.
When United plays better i am more upbeat, but Spurs is a team i don't mind at all and we can Danny Rose from them i believe.

But i did enjoy as well when they did well in CL under Arry Redknapp
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

That Basle golie na otile! In English, he is an arse. He had a true stinker against shitty.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]tfco[/color] wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Look at your life :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:.

You were talking of levels before a ball was kicked and instead of quietly eat your humble pie you are busy disparaging us. Continue. I will gladly be on the sidelines watching your team get humbled out of the CL :taunt:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I haven't had a chance to watch the match properly as I was only able to catch it sporadically at work. From the bits and pieces I watched it was clear Spurs has grown and in leaps and bounds. This team has matured greatly where they believe in themselves and never deviate from their game plan no matter the adversity. When they were 2 goals down in the opening 10 minutes it would have been easier for them to change their game plan to containment by defending deep and reduce the amount of goals to be conceded rather than try to go forward and score. Another sign of maturity was after getting the equalizer there was sufficient time left to get the winner. Nobody would have blamed them for trying to win the tie but doing so would have a devastating result. You have to recognize where you are and how quickly the tide can turn. By pushing forward you will be exposing your back more giving Juve the chance to grab another goal or two in the process. With that in mind the team decided to hold back and sit on the result they have fought hard to get.

Can they finish the job in 3 weeks? I am absolutely convinced they will. This is reminiscent of the tie with RM where we got a draw in Spain and dismantled them at Wembley. Remember we have beaten Juve at Wembley once in pre-season and Wembley has become a fortress already.

Congratulations to the lads. Congratulations to MoPo. He has proven himself to be a smart tactician and a force to be reckoned with.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Juvenil sat back to defend their two goals which invited the Spurs to attack.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Kabalega[/color] wrote: Juvenil sat back to defend their two goals which invited the Spurs to attack.
They didn't sit back we pegged them back. Look at the stats. We dominated possession: 68% to 32%. We have been doing this consistently to most teams we play. Read my preview report and you will find where I said MoPo is not going to sit back but rather attack with the expectation of leaving with a victory. Trust me, if we had not started sloppily we would have still enjoyed the same possession rate and most likely beaten them like we did with Dortmund.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We don't moan when decisions go against us and this is just an example of it. We just get on with it.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

At 2-0 down, I knew a goal for us would get us back in the race. Another goal, I expected us to go and win it. But that didn't happen. The crucial stage, among a few, was the third goal. If it had gone to Juve then it would have been Mount Everest. The penalty miss was also significant. COYS - TGBTG.
Let's finish the job at Wembley
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Playing Dortmund, Madrid, ManU, L'pool, Arsenal and Juve !! and still walking tall this season!!! MOPO I throway salute, you have well and truly brought Spurs to the big stage, I pray we move to our stadium in the summer and kick on to the next stage which is winning trophies.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Spurs balled i must say....a disciplined and controlled perfofmance.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Playing Dortmund, Madrid, ManU, L'pool, Arsenal and Juve !! and still walking tall this season!!! MOPO I throway salute, you have well and truly brought Spurs to the big stage, I pray we move to our stadium in the summer and kick on to the next stage which is winning trophies.
KPOM! Just hope that the Rochdale pitch doesnt injure players. Would go with team B for it.

Vorm

Trippier Alderwiereld Foyth Rose

Wanyama Winks

Lucas Sissoko Lamela

Llorente

Subs: Gazza, KWP, Kane, Alli, Dier, Sanchez, Aurier, Son

Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dembele, Davies, Lloris have earned their rest.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Playing Dortmund, Madrid, ManU, L'pool, Arsenal and Juve !! and still walking tall this season!!! MOPO I throway salute, you have well and truly brought Spurs to the big stage, I pray we move to our stadium in the summer and kick on to the next stage which is winning trophies.
KPOM! Just hope that the Rochdale pitch doesnt injure players. Would go with team B for it.

Vorm

Trippier Alderwiereld Foyth Rose

Wanyama Winks

Lucas Sissoko Lamela

Llorente

Subs: Gazza, KWP, Kane, Alli, Dier, Sanchez, Aurier, Son

Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dembele, Davies, Lloris have earned their rest.
Catch 22 situation. It's a trophy we can target. Go with your strongest squad. Establish a good lead and withdraw ley players
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:Are we seeing levels? :D
Yes we are . Top teams in Europe LEVEL :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

COME ON YOU SPURS
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote: Catch 22 situation. It's a trophy we can target. Go with your strongest squad. Establish a good lead and withdraw ley players
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote: Catch 22 situation. It's a trophy we can target. Go with your strongest squad. Establish a good lead and withdraw ley players
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
COYS, COYS, COYS :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

another daft trophy to add to the vault
The useless stats we have to endure these days eh

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

another daft trophy to add to the vault
The useless stats we have to endure these days eh

COYS, COYS, COYS :thumb:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Rochdale next ...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Rochdale next ...
Sunday Kick Off. What's our next league game - Hudders?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT

Post by Its a Goal »

Back to the competition MoPo knows he has to do reasonable well in. This is going to be the easiest of the remaining competition Spurs is in to win. Up next is Rochdale away on a pitch not fit to host a proper football match. It is a travesty to be found playing there but eh, this is what the FA Cup is all about. The pitch was relayed a week ago... not with grass but sand. Even Cameroun's pitch is not as bad as this.

Regardless of the condition and elements this is the type of match that brings you down to earth and humbles you. We are going from playing in the iconic Allianz stadium to a Sunday league pitch :glare:. The players should not focus on that but on the task at hand. The task has to be simply making quick work of the opposition and stay in the draw for the quarter-finals.

On the injury front we have no new concerns to worry about. Kane may not make the bench as he picked up a slight knock. He would be left out of the squad out of an abundance case of caution. Alderweireld played in the last round replay and should be good to go. If he fails to make the team as he did in the last 2 games then tongues will surely waggle faster than an amebo going to tell tales. The 2nd squad team has had a chance to play together a little more consistently lately and I expect them to file out tomorrow. My team will be:

• Llorente * Son
      • Lamela
  • Wanyama * Sissoko * Moura

Rose * Alderweireld * Foyth * Aurier
      • Vorm

This is a chance for these lads to shine and push a stake for playing regularly in the first team. Players like Alderweireld, Rose and Moura need to shine brightly. A massive margin win wouldn't tell us anything but a hard fought close contest should as it will tell us a lot about the character of these players.

COYS!!!

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

From playing here:

To:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Back to the competition MoPo knows he has to do reasonable well in. This is going to be the easiest of the remaining competition Spurs is in to win. Up next is Rochdale away on a pitch not fit to host a proper football match. It is a travesty to be found playing there but eh, this is what the FA Cup is all about. The pitch was relayed a week ago... not with grass but sand. Even Cameroun's pitch is not as bad as this.

Regardless of the condition and elements this is the type of match that brings you down to earth and humbles you. We are going from playing in the iconic Allianz stadium to a Sunday league pitch :glare:. The players should not focus on that but on the task at hand. The task has to be simply making quick work of the opposition and stay in the draw for the quarter-finals.

On the injury front we have no new concerns to worry about. Kane may not make the bench as he picked up a slight knock. He would be left out of the squad out of an abundance case of caution. Alderweireld played in the last round replay and should be good to go. If he fails to make the team as he did in the last 2 games then tongues will surely waggle faster than an amebo going to tell tales. The 2nd squad team has had a chance to play together a little more consistently lately and I expect them to file out tomorrow. My team will be:

• Llorente * Son
      • Lamela
  • Wanyama * Sissoko * Moura

Rose * Alderweireld * Foyth * Aurier
      • Vorm

This is a chance for these lads to shine and push a stake for playing regularly in the first team. Players like Alderweireld, Rose and Moura need to shine brightly. A massive margin win wouldn't tell us anything but a hard fought close contest should as it will tell us a lot about the character of these players.

COYS!!!
The first and second team are interchangeable. Son, Rose, Wanyama, Alder are first team players. Some are returning from I jury while Son was on the ben h against Juve for tactics reason.
The Rochdale pitch has been replayed and I think it's with grass to the tune of £500,000
Last edited by pajimoh on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Once we get through, God willing, we play Swansea/Sheffield Wednesday