NFF Appoints Several NT Coaches.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF Appoints Several NT Coaches.......

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
1naija wrote:These appointments mirror Buhari's appointments o!
OMG 1naija. You are toooo spot on.

Immediately i noticed it, i came here to make this comment but u beat me to it.

If a northerner is not head coach, his assistants would all be northerners.

Kai, this Buhari guy is really causing divisions in this country.
'Oh My God' weytin?
You see 'hawusa' name you are already claiming discrimination.
Meanwhile you and 1Naira are the ones that are literally 'seeing double'

Let's do a rough estimate of who these 'Buhari people' actually are, assuming its not an APC matter and is loosely based on names :taunt:
'Buharis people' in red.

SUPER EAGLES B/OLYMPIC MEN TEAM : 1/5
Salisu Yusuf (Head Coach);
Imama Amapakabo;
Kennedy Boboye;
Fidelis Ilechukwu;
Alloy Agu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U20 MEN (FLYING EAGLES 4/5
Paul Aigbogun (Head Coach);
Abdullahi Maikaba;
Abubakar Bala;
Hassan Abdallah
(Scouting);
Suleiman Shuaibu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U17 BOYS TEAM (GOLDEN EAGLETS): 1/5
Manu Garba (Head Coach);
Nduka Ugbade;
Jolomi Atune Ali;
Bunmi Haruna (Scouting);
Abideen Baruwa Olatunji (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U15 BOYS TEAM (FUTURE EAGLES): 3/5
Alala Danladi Nasidi (Head Coach);
Haruna Usman ‘Ilerika’;
Ahmed Lawal Dankoli;
Patrick Bassey (Scouting);
Ernest Salolome (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U13 BOYS TEAM: 1/5
Jolomi Atune Ali (Head Coach);
Jude Agada;
Abdullahi Umar Tyabo;
Adewale Laloko (Scouting);
Adeoye Onigbinde (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

So out of a total of 25 coaches, TEN give or take one or two can be assumed to be 'Buhari's people'.
And you people have a problem with that?

Please, kindly explain my brother what the problem is if not the fact that you do not believe the 'north' has a right to even 40% (10/25) of the NFF hired hands. We are talking north v south here and not geopolitical zones.

I suspect this is the same kind of fake, unresearched, prejudiced narrative that dominates our national politics.
Damunkey, you are trying too hard to put the cat back in the bag, but it's already been let out. Just accept it and stop trying to force issues. No one is fooled anymore. :taunt: :rotf:
Stop diverting.
Just defend your allegation.
This is about this list, nothing else. :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Does anyone know if any of these coaches have a UEFA A license...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

'Oh My God' weytin?

Let's do a rough estimate of who these 'Buhari people' actually are, assuming its not an APC matter and is loosely based on names :taunt:
'Buharis people' in red.

Imama Amapakabo;
Kennedy Boboye;
Fidelis Ilechukwu;

Abdullahi Maikaba;
Abubakar Bala;
Hassan Abdallah
(Scouting);

Manu Garba (Head Coach);
Nduka Ugbade;
Jolomi Atune Ali;
Bunmi Haruna (Scouting);

Haruna Usman ‘Ilerika’;
Ahmed Lawal Dankoli;

Jolomi Atune Ali (Head Coach);
Jude Agada;
Abdullahi Umar Tyabo;

So out of a total of 25 coaches, TEN give or take one or two can be assumed to be 'Buhari's people'.

Please, kindly explain my brother what the problem is if not the fact that you do not believe the 'north' has a right to even 40% (10/25) of the NFF hired hands. We are talking north v south here and not geopolitical zones.

I suspect this is the same kind of fake, unresearched, prejudiced narrative that dominates our national politics.
FIrstly, you have just reproduced exactly what i said earlier. Either a Northerner heads the team and when a southerner heads it, almost all his assistants are Northerners.

2ndly, this has become a major issue in Nigeria. Northerners are getting appointments in critical sectors and even in the civil service, they are crying as the Northerners are replacing them in heading depts and directorates.

3rdly, I would never have been part of this but for this current President (PMB) that has shown crass nepotism and has got alot of Nigerians now looking at appointments from the NOrth and south divide (including me) which was not the case 3yrs ago.

4thly, other than the north/ south thing, i hope they perform and wish them the best.
Chief NFA Chairman, I nor go drag ths matter with you.
We'll leave the formers to judge. :idea:
3rdly, I would never have been part of this but for this current President (PMB) that has shown crass nepotism and has got alot of Nigerians now looking at appointments from the NOrth and south divide (including me) which was not the case 3yrs ago.
You can speak for yoursef as a southerner which I presume you are.
I can assure you the Nigerians from the north were looking at the north-south divide as far back as 7 years ago. Because you don't know, or you were 'satisfied' no means suggests your point of view was the same for all Nigerians, especially those from the north. :idea:

Abeg, leave matta.
Everybodi get him own vantage point. :)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

txj wrote:Does anyone know if any of these coaches have a UEFA A license...
...will they be coaching our youths in Europe?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Please, I'm trying to eat without choking!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

'Oh My God' weytin?

'Buharis people' in red.

Imama Amapakabo;
Kennedy Boboye;
Fidelis Ilechukwu;

Abdullahi Maikaba;
Abubakar Bala;
Hassan Abdallah
(Scouting);

Manu Garba (Head Coach);
Nduka Ugbade;
Jolomi Atune Ali; *
Bunmi Haruna (Scouting);

Haruna Usman ‘Ilerika’;
Ahmed Lawal Dankoli;

Jolomi Atune Ali (Head Coach); *
Jude Agada;
Abdullahi Umar Tyabo;

Damunkey, you are trying too hard to put the cat back in the bag, but it's already been let out. Just accept it and stop trying to force issues. No one is fooled anymore. :taunt: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mcal wrote:
No. But they will be coaching with a background of proper education.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

txj wrote:
mcal wrote:
...good idea, but they have to scale Nigeria, and Africa licenses, Europe one na jara.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
mcal wrote:
Txj,

None of them is seeking a UEFA license. What they are required to get and what some of them have are CAF coaching licenses which are modeled after equivalent UEFA licenses.
Nigeria Professional Football League
NFF to ban coaches without CAF licence
http://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/nig ... 79279.html
Published: 20.11.2015 , Refreshed: 07.01.2016 Steve DedePrinteMail

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has revealed that coaches without the licence of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) will not be allowed to handle league clubs next season.
This directive was revealed by the chairman of the League Management Company (LMC) organisers of the Nigeria Professional Football League and the first vice-president of the NFF, Shehu Dikko on Thursday, November 19 at the ongoing CAF B-Licence coaching course.
While declaring the two-week course open, Dikko disclosed that only CAF licensed coaches would be allowed to handle on the bench of top clubs from next season.

LMC boss Shehu Dikko revealed that coaches who do not have CAF licence cannot be allowed to lead NPFL side (Shehu Dikko)

“We are now ready to implement all aspects of Club Licensing provisions, including that which forbids coaches without CAF Licence working with top tier clubs,” Dikko is quoted to by the NFF official website.
“As from next season, coaches without the B-Licence will not be able to sit on the bench as head coaches of NPFL teams.
“Those who do not have a minimum of C-Licence cannot be assistant coaches. We will start from there and go higher in the years to come.”
The two-week course is being attended by a host of former and present coaches of the national teams, coaches of NPFL sides and also ex-Nigeria internationals.
CAF’s ‘A’ Licence Coaching Course Holds in Abuja
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2 ... -in-abuja/
April 19, 201601913

Olawale Ajimotokan in Abuja

The first-ever CAF ‘A’ Licence Coaching Programme in the history of Nigeria started in Abuja monday, organised by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

Before now, a number of CAF ‘B’ and ‘C’ Licence courses have been held in the country over the years.
But the two-week programme that started at the FIFA Technical Centre, Abuja is the first CAF ‘A’ course in the country.

National Technical Director, Shaibu Amodu, is coordinating the programme alongside assistant technical directors Rafiu Yusuf and Siji Lagunju (both ex-Nigerian internationals), with former NFF General Secretaries Bolaji Ojo-Oba and Tijjani Yusuf, FIFA Advisor Linus Mba, former NFF Technical Director, Kashimawo Laloko and former Nigeria coaches Adegboye Onigbinde and James Peters among the resource persons.

“We are very happy that this programme is finally taking place. Previously, we had been doing CAF ‘B’ and ‘C’ courses. The ‘A’ Licence programme means that we are stepping up. I am also happy about the response of our coaches to this programme,” Amodu said in Abuja monday.

Assistant Director (Technical), Rafiu Yusuf, disclosed that over 40 persons registered for the two-week course, which will end on April 30.

Yesterday, Amodu introduced the course content to the participants, while Onigbinde and Laloko began the series on ‘Soccer Simplified’ which will last for a number of days. Laloko also spoke on ‘Fitness for Success in Football’ and ‘Typical Training Session.’

Today and Wednesday, the ‘Soccer Simplified’ series will continue, and on Thursday, Director of Sports Medicine in the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports, Dr. Abdulkadir Muazu will speak on ‘Injuries and Rehabilitation, Recovery and Regeneration, Conditioning for Pros, Drug Testing and Fitness Testing Environmental Problems.’

Mr. Linus Mba will speak on ‘The Laws and the Coach; the Laws and the Spirit of the Game: Analysis of New Proposals.’

The programme is a 240-hour course, with the second phase billed for the mid-season period of the Nigeria Professional Football League next month.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

txj wrote:
mcal wrote:
I think you mean't do they have a CAF grade A license?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Just to add to my previous post on licenses in response to Txj's question. Aigbogun who was based in the UK does have a UEFA Pro License (See below). However, he has not been particularly impressive with his handling of various local teams. Perhaps, it will change with his current stint with Enyimba. There are people who believe that it is this license, and the fact that he is believed to have a relationship with high ups going back to his Warri Wolves days, that has earned him his current appointment.
Aigbogun Expects New Players To Join Enyimba
https://www.channelstv.com/2017/12/06/a ... n-enyimba/
Channels Television
Updated December 6, 2017

Enyimba coach Paul Aigbogun says more players will join his team ahead of the new season in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

Aigbogun said the club intends to recruit players who will improve the team and not just add to the numbers.

He said the bulk of his squad will be from the players that played for the Aba Elephants last season.

The UEFA pro licensed coach believes Enyimba will do well in this season’s CAF Confederation club.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The UEFA-A license by itself is not enough, but should be the starting point.

The CAF license on the other hand is not rigorous enough; these are almost like extended seminars.
Even the US licensing program is more rigorous...

Lets not deceive ourselves. The goal should not be to simply produce certificate carriers...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:The UEFA-A license by itself is not enough, but should be the starting point.

The CAF license on the other hand is not rigorous enough; these are almost like extended seminars.

Lets not deceive ourselves. The goal should not be to simply produce certificate carriers...
txj,

Can you elaborate on the rigor of the CAF license compared to the UEFA license. We surely cannot take the sweeping statement alone without some evidence.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:The UEFA-A license by itself is not enough, but should be the starting point.

txj,

Can you elaborate on the rigor of the CAF license compared to the UEFA license. We surely cannot take the sweeping statement alone without some evidence.

The curriculum. I've seen both.

Matter of fact, somewhere in the archives, you will find where I specifically criticized the CAF curriculum, at least one year ago...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

txj,

The curriculum. I've seen both.

Matter of fact, somewhere in the archives, you will find where I specifically criticized the CAF curriculum, at least one year ago...

I don't recall reading that. Could you re-post? I believe that I read somewhere that the curricula are similar but I am unable to locate at this moment. So if you can locate your post, it would be quite helpful.