Rohr considering the pleas of Dele Ajiboye's wife ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Rohr considering the pleas of Dele Ajiboye's wife ...

Post by Toxicarrow »

Sports
Akpeyi Eagles place threatened as Rohr considers Ajiboye
Published February 14, 2018

Festus Abu

Daniel Akpeyi’s place in Nigeria’s squad for the Russia 2018 World Cup could be under threat after Dele Ajiboye’s inspiring performance at the 2018 African Nations Championship in Morocco, our correspondent has learnt.

Ajiboye made some brave saves to help the Super Eagles reach the CHAN final after coming on for first choice goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa, who was injured in the 13th minute of the semifinal against Sudan. The Eagles were hammered 4-0 in the February 4 final by tournament hosts Atlas Lions at Stade Mohamed V in Casablanca.

It was learnt that Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr is impressed with the Plateau United custodian’s showing in Morocco and is considering him for a place in his 23-man squad for Russia 2018 – at the expense of Chippa United’s first choice Akpeyi. Sources claim Rohr believes the former Warri Wolves star is not one that inspires confidence.
Dele Ajiboye

It was learnt that Rohr decided to put a big question mark on the fate of the 31-year-old South Africa-based keeper after he committed a schoolboy error in the shock 4-2 defeat of South American powerhouse Argentina in a friendly affair in Krasnodar, Russia on November 14.

The former Nasarawa United star, who has conceded 11 goals in 15 appearances for Chippa United in the South African Premier Soccer League this term, had posted an underwhelming performance in the 2-0 defeat by South Africa in their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo on June 10.

With first choice keeper Carl Ikeme firmly out of the World Cup as he is undergoing treatment for acute leukaemia after being diagnosed with the illness in July, Rohr renewed his interest in veteran keeper Vincent Enyeama as he was allegedly not convinced that neither Enyimba shot-stopper Ezenwa nor Akpeyi was good enough to start for the Super Eagles at Russia 2018.

However, after Rohr failed to persuade former Nigeria captain Enyeama, who is said be under pressure from some of his friends and family members to steer clear of the national team, to end his international retirement, the former Niger coach is said to be considering young Deportivo La Coruna keeper Francis Uzoho as his first choice with Ezenwa and Akpeyi the other options.

Uzoho wormedhis way into Rohr’s heart after his encouraging performance after replacing Akpeyi against Argentina. With South Korea 2017 FIFA Under-17 World Cup winner Ajiboye’s resurrection, Rohr is said be seriously considering his options against with Akpeyi allegedly not featuring prominently in his World Cup plans.

“Akpeyi and Enyeama are still in contention for World Cup places if they are in good health, fitness and good form. But Ezenwa and Dele have been good, and if they continue to improve, we will love that because World Cup is a big stage,” Rohr was quoted as saying recently.

Sources close to the team says the former Burkina Faso manager may not invite more outfield players to the Eagles unless any of the European-born players he is eyeing decide pledge their international allegiance to Nigeria.

Spokesman for the Nigeria Football Federation Ademola Olajire declined to comment on the national team when our correspondent sought his reactions.

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
http://punchng.com/akpeyi-eagles-place- ... s-ajiboye/
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr considering the pleas of Dele Ajiboye's wife ...

Post by Damunk »

Yeah, right. :arrow:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Damunk wrote:Yeah, right. :arrow:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Agents
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bros 1Naija: Is this "junk journalism", or it's agents at work? Please help me understand this article
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:Agents
:lol: :lol: :lol: Chei, 1Naija has already beaten me to it. Never mind, bros! You have already answered my question even before I asked
Last edited by Odas on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote:Agents
It's worse than that!I think Agents are now hiring their own agents to promote players. We're now dealing with agents of agents.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Amen
Egg
Egg

Post by Amen »

Are agents allowed to do any PR for their clients. Asking for some friends.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damn it is that time of the year when shenanigans of paid agents will rule the airwaves....time goes and comes but same old shenanigans.... :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I blame my wife for not making a case for me...i would habe made the 94 WC...wait ...i was not married then...should have married earlier,then the advocacy of my darling wife would have prevailed over the dutch.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Toxicarrow wrote:Sports
Akpeyi Eagles place threatened as Rohr considers Ajiboye
Published February 14, 2018

Festus Abu

Daniel Akpeyi’s place in Nigeria’s squad for the Russia 2018 World Cup could be under threat after Dele Ajiboye’s inspiring performance at the 2018 African Nations Championship in Morocco, our correspondent has learnt.

Ajiboye made some brave saves to help the Super Eagles reach the CHAN final after coming on for first choice goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa, who was injured in the 13th minute of the semifinal against Sudan. The Eagles were hammered 4-0 in the February 4 final by tournament hosts Atlas Lions at Stade Mohamed V in Casablanca.

It was learnt that Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr is impressed with the Plateau United custodian’s showing in Morocco and is considering him for a place in his 23-man squad for Russia 2018 – at the expense of Chippa United’s first choice Akpeyi. Sources claim Rohr believes the former Warri Wolves star is not one that inspires confidence.
Dele Ajiboye

It was learnt that Rohr decided to put a big question mark on the fate of the 31-year-old South Africa-based keeper after he committed a schoolboy error in the shock 4-2 defeat of South American powerhouse Argentina in a friendly affair in Krasnodar, Russia on November 14.

The former Nasarawa United star, who has conceded 11 goals in 15 appearances for Chippa United in the South African Premier Soccer League this term, had posted an underwhelming performance in the 2-0 defeat by South Africa in their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo on June 10.

With first choice keeper Carl Ikeme firmly out of the World Cup as he is undergoing treatment for acute leukaemia after being diagnosed with the illness in July, Rohr renewed his interest in veteran keeper Vincent Enyeama as he was allegedly not convinced that neither Enyimba shot-stopper Ezenwa nor Akpeyi was good enough to start for the Super Eagles at Russia 2018.

However, after Rohr failed to persuade former Nigeria captain Enyeama, who is said be under pressure from some of his friends and family members to steer clear of the national team, to end his international retirement, the former Niger coach is said to be considering young Deportivo La Coruna keeper Francis Uzoho as his first choice with Ezenwa and Akpeyi the other options.

Uzoho wormedhis way into Rohr’s heart after his encouraging performance after replacing Akpeyi against Argentina. With South Korea 2017 FIFA Under-17 World Cup winner Ajiboye’s resurrection, Rohr is said be seriously considering his options against with Akpeyi allegedly not featuring prominently in his World Cup plans.

“Akpeyi and Enyeama are still in contention for World Cup places if they are in good health, fitness and good form. But Ezenwa and Dele have been good, and if they continue to improve, we will love that because World Cup is a big stage,” Rohr was quoted as saying recently.

Sources close to the team says the former Burkina Faso manager may not invite more outfield players to the Eagles unless any of the European-born players he is eyeing decide pledge their international allegiance to Nigeria.

Spokesman for the Nigeria Football Federation Ademola Olajire declined to comment on the national team when our correspondent sought his reactions.

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
http://punchng.com/akpeyi-eagles-place- ... s-ajiboye/
They have dragged punch down the sliimy alley of journalism....o ma se o.