CL- ( RMD 3 : 1 PSG) & ( POR 0 : 5 LIV) FT.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: CL- ( RMD 3 : 1 PSG) & ( POR 0 : 5 LIV)

Post by FATHER TIKO »

This tie is far from over...
PSG can win the reverse 2-0...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Chei Neymar kills bird with final chance.

FT. Not surprised.
Last edited by lionga on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

FATHER TIKO wrote:This tie is far from over...
PSG will chop goals at home. Their defense is their achilles heel.
You can only beat up on French teams for so long before getting exposed.
Last edited by charlie on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Incredible Real Madrid :clap: :clap: :clap:

Emery is a dead coach walking regardless of the outcome of this tie .... looks like nah Madrid and PSG wey ago fight for POCH next season :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: CL- ( RMD 1 : 1 PSG) & ( POR 0 : 4 LIV)

Post by tfco »

bepanda wrote:Mo Salah ... a Mourinho reject !!!
:?

diego costa....a conte reject.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

FATHER TIKO wrote:This tie is far from over...
Not sure if it's a horse worth backing. Real will go for the away goal and PSG know they'll need to claw back the deficit to have theirs pay dividends. Real in the driver's seat.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: CL- ( RMD 3 : 1 PSG) & ( POR 0 : 5 LIV) FT.

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Porto no get sense...

Playing against a Klopp side, you go full-throttle offence...you dey craze..?
What planet has Porto coach been living in the past decade..?

It's not as if Porto began the tie chasing a deficit...
- Bill Shankly
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

The step up to another level, is PSG’s issue. They have the individual quality, it’s the step up from the French league, to the UCL that’s the issue.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

PSG lost this game mentally, from the bench to the pitch. This is not a 3-1 game by any stretch.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Hmmmm I have a gut feeling an EPL team will win the CL
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Porto no get sense...

That is why Liverpool will go far till it meets a proper good big team, most CL teams want to play football and they fall right into Klopp's tactics
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

benteke wrote:

That is why Liverpool will go far till it meets a proper good big team, most CL teams want to play football and they fall right into Klopp's tactics
My bro, every team (except EPL sides) will be wary of this Klopp side...

Porto weren't as poor as the scoreline suggests...Liverpool simply took them apart with classic counter-attacking play...

I began to take notice of this Liverpool side in this year's UCL after witnessing the 1st half v Sevilla when they led 3-0 (Sevilla tied the game in the 2nd half)...
- Bill Shankly
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Again coaches making head scratching decisions to the detriment of their teams.

Emery taking out Cavani for Meunier was unnecessary. Mbappe was not effective as a 9. I think he was too worried about defending Marcelo instead of exploiting it.

Second im of the opinion Veratti should have been asked to sit and Draxler and Rabiot play in the midfield in front of him. Lo Celso is decent againt Dijon but this is Madrid we are talking. He was out of pocket today and Modric ran rings around him.

There'll be plenty of goals in Paris for sure.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

benteke wrote:

There is sense in what you say. It all depends on what the opponent's objectives are though, and in a knockout tie you have to score eventually, leaving teams vulnerable to that Liverpool attack. Game management is where Liverpool are still perceived as being suspect. Time will tell.
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

lionga wrote:PSG lost this game mentally, from the bench to the pitch. This is not a 3-1 game by any stretch.
Thank you bro.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ugbowo wrote:Again coaches making head scratching decisions to the detriment of their teams.

Emery taking out Cavani for Meunier was unnecessary. Mbappe was not effective as a 9. I think he was too worried about defending Marcelo instead of exploiting it.

Second im of the opinion Veratti should have been asked to sit and Draxler and Rabiot play in the midfield in front of him. Lo Celso is decent againt Dijon but this is Madrid we are talking. He was out of pocket today and Modric ran rings around him.

Emery always does this to his teams, overly cautious. Killed them last year and looks like it'll kill them this year.

I didn't mind him giving Lo Celso and Verratti the dual pivot roles, it's an away game and if you don't throw the kid in the water, you never find out how big his eggs truly are. He'd played well for PSG this season.

For me the real problem was the respect they gave Real. They played them like they were two-time European champs which they are, but last season is old hat. If Real play Man City, watch how Pep will have his guys take the game to Real. Even Tottenham showed far less respect to Real. PSG are not learning lessons and it'll get this coach fired.

There'll be goals in Paris for sure but if Emery doesn't set his team up to fly about with recklessness (like Zidane did when he yanked Casemiro and threw on Vazquez and Asensio) then it'll be another premature end for them.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
benteke wrote:

My bro, every team (except EPL sides) will be wary of this Klopp side...

Porto weren't as poor as the scoreline suggests...Liverpool simply took them apart with classic counter-attacking play...

I began to take notice of this Liverpool side in this year's UCL after witnessing the 1st half v Sevilla when they led 3-0 (Sevilla tied the game in the 2nd half)...
It is that second half collapse that haunts Liverpool fans. Have they learnt how to control the game? Some signs that this is happening. The tactical deployment of Milner in certain games and the acquisition of van Dijk suggest they are trying to correct the problem.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

lionga wrote:PSG lost this game mentally, from the bench to the pitch. This is not a 3-1 game by any stretch.
Where Zidane took the kid gloves off and threw on attackers, Emery took off his best CF and put on a RB. Cowardice has killed PSG in this competition before, they'd better transform into Voltron in Paris because Real know how to close these ties out.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

platinum wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Again coaches making head scratching decisions to the detriment of their teams.

Emery always does this to his teams, overly cautious. Killed them last year and looks like it'll kill them this year.

I didn't mind him giving Lo Celso and Verratti the dual pivot roles, it's an away game and if you don't throw the kid in the water, you never find out how big his eggs truly are. He'd played well for PSG this season.

For me the real problem was the respect they gave Real. They played them like they were two-time European champs which they are, but last season is old hat. If Real play Man City, watch how Pep will have his guys take the game to Real. Even Tottenham showed far less respect to Real. PSG are not learning lessons and it'll get this coach fired.

There'll be goals in Paris for sure but if Emery doesn't set his team up to fly about with recklessness (like Zidane did when he yanked Casemiro and threw on Vazquez and Asensio) then it'll be another premature end for them.
You just validated my point.

There was absolutely no need for a double pivot. They had the game under control and would have forced the issue more with Draxler combining with the front 3 from get go.

Taking off Cavani was just....BAD.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Will Silva the PSG captain ever play?
And why reorganize a team that was playing well?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

EPL :thumb:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote:
platinum wrote:

You just validated my point.

There was absolutely no need for a double pivot. They had the game under control and would have forced the issue more with Draxler combining with the front 3 from get go.

Taking off Cavani was just....BAD.
Veratti sit? Wow...

He was looking to control the game, and he did succeed with that.

I think ZZ simply outfoxed him with the deployment of Asensio...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

PSG should sacked the coach,no point having such a coach.I mean what was he thinking?Real is not good this season,Spurs play them home and away and they were the better team and did not open nyash.
This season CL if English team believe they might win it.City,Liverpool and Spurs can beat any of the teams....