The Case for Junior Ajayi.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Case for Junior Ajayi.......

Post by platinum »

The kid is very highly regarded in Egypt. That much is fact.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Dude did not help his case at all at the Olympics itself where his influence was next to nothing for whatever reason, where the only game he actually featured in was our loss against Germany. He has been in top form for Al Ahly and if Maroof Yusuf (Zamalek) was given a call-up not too long ago, I see no reason why he shouldn't
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Wow even sunset has joined them smh. Ajayi is not even top 10 top scorers in the Egyptian league yet some agents think he deserves a chance at this late stage
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

john12 wrote:Wow even sunset has joined them smh. Ajayi is not even top 10 top scorers in the Egyptian league yet some agents think he deserves a chance at this late stage
If you're going to go on the attack at people, at least have the decency to cross check your facts. Ajayi has 7 goals. He's #10 among the league's top scorers. The two guys ahead of him at Al Ahly both play for Morocco and Egypt's national teams.

And when you say 'late stage', what does that even mean? You think no new players should be considered for the World Cup outside of those who played in 2017? Get real.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

I don’t normally do this, but we’ve seen him twice in tournaments, and he’s been very disappointing. During the qualifiers the one game Osimeh played, was more memorable than all the games Ajayi had. My own opinion.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

heavyd wrote:can I ask please... what exactly is wrong with being an Agent?
Trying to get your client a spot in the Nigerian National Team at all costs on a World Cup year even if he’s done nothing to deserve a look in Would be a problem but other than that there’s nothing wrong with being an agent!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

platinum wrote:
john12 wrote:Wow even sunset has joined them smh. Ajayi is not even top 10 top scorers in the Egyptian league yet some agents think he deserves a chance at this late stage
If you're going to go on the attack at people, at least have the decency to cross check your facts. Ajayi has 7 goals. He's #10 among the league's top scorers. The two guys ahead of him at Al Ahly both play for Morocco and Egypt's national teams.

And when you say 'late stage', what does that even mean? You think no new players should be considered for the World Cup outside of those who played in 2017? Get real.
Una get time.

For all I care, any Nigerian player who will contribute something positive to the ultimate goal of winning that World Cup should be looked at. I don’t care if the call up happened on the day of releasing the team list. Yes I am an agent. #AgentForBetterNigeria
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Sunset wrote:Dude did not help his case at all at the Olympics itself where his influence was next to nothing for whatever reason, where the only game he actually featured in was our loss against Germany. He has been in top form for Al Ahly and if Maroof Yusuf (Zamalek) was given a call-up not too long ago, I see no reason why he shouldn't
Not sure why Siasia took an injured player
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cito wrote:
platinum wrote:

Una get time.

For all I care, any Nigerian player who will contribute something positive to the ultimate goal of winning that World Cup should be looked at. I don’t care if the call up happened on the day of releasing the team list. Yes I am an agent. #AgentForBetterNigeria
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Enugu II wrote:
Cito wrote:
platinum wrote:

Una get time.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

platinum wrote:

So agents don't want us to have time limits on players selection eh? Oya, let's drop our current strikers so we can add a local player from the Egyptian league, abi? Haba! Haven't agents got any shame?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

1naija wrote:
platinum wrote:

So agents don't want us to have time limits on players selection eh? Oya, let's drop our current strikers so we can add a local player from the Egyptian league, abi? Haba! Haven't agents got any shame?
Exactly. All this man-must-wack people, na dia season. We know. :mrgreen:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

platinum wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cito wrote:
platinum wrote:

Una get time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sorry but Ajayi was useless at the Olympics and now he should be called up when the likes of Onyekuru have barely even got a chance.

We haven't even seem the likes of Bonaventure, Olayinka, Dessers, Awonyi, Oshimen, Success, Imoh and u want to call up a guy who flunked at the Olympics because he is #10 on the scoring charts in Egypt.

Abeg even John12 can be right once in a while. This call is ludicrous.

This guy is way behind a whole lot of people who will not even be going to Russia.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Damunk wrote:
platinum wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cito wrote:
platinum wrote:

Una get time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
una don craze for CE
YNWA
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Yet he was listed in the CAF award :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You are not a serious agent.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Good player who would have had a chance if he had been in the mix before now. Difficult to see him get a look in. But it is very reasonable to bring him up on this forum.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

As his actual agent I hope Rohr considers him because Kalani must hammer in 2018.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

kalani JR wrote:As his actual agent I hope Rohr considers him because Kalani must hammer in 2018.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Someone that couldn’t get into our 23 team at Ayc and Olympics is all of a sudden good enough to walk into our World Cup team few months before World Cup? Shameless. After World Cup, ajayi can hustle his way on he team
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

No need to split hairs over this. The March camp will have a few new faces to keep the competition for places intense. Roh has already made it clear that any new player must be better than what he already has to get a look in.

'If' Ajayi gets invited and meets the grade, it will be glaring for all to see. It only took Brian Idowu and Uzoho a single game to force themselves into reckoning. Players will play themselves in or out of contention, as the case may be. The fight is still on for fringe players like Nwakaeme, Kayode and Agu..
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Idowu and uzoho did that in a position were lacking severely. The forward position isn’t lacking
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Sunset wrote:Dude did not help his case at all at the Olympics itself where his influence was next to nothing for whatever reason, where the only game he actually featured in was our loss against Germany. He has been in top form for Al Ahly and if Maroof Yusuf (Zamalek) was given a call-up not too long ago, I see no reason why he shouldn't
His anonymity at the olympics was a consequence of Sadiq Umar's brilliance
Prior to Sadiq's introduction , Ajayi was Nigeria's main striker in the U23 team
His goals helped us win the U23 african title and took us to the olympics

Overall i feel there is Something very strange about Rohr's selection policy wrt players from the olympic team
Odd how he has completely frozen out Sadiq, Imoh, Ajayi, Azubuike and Amuzie in favour of far less talented players

if we are being fair and not looking for excuses to justify bias against certain players
then the likes of nwakaeme, kayode, onyekuru or usimehn do not have a stronger case for inclusion than Sadiq or ajayi
These are all fringe players who have done nothing to cement their spot in the team

most importantly Sadiq & Ajayi both play the CF role where we lack options
they warrant a look in at the earliest opportunity