Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogiso
Egg
Egg
Re: Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Post by ogiso »

It's a pity this is happening, but, on the basis of antecedents, I don't think it is irrational for anyone to conclude that Oliseh's well known character traits/flaws have contributed towards another early end to a managerial assignment for him.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

imehjunior wrote:Just listening to him on Brilla and here are a few of my take away.
1. He is being owed and that's the crux of the matter.
2. The club started asking players on the bench to sign statements saying they couldn't work with him and this divided the dressing room and led to recent poor run.
3. Think he has been advised and didn't say anything bad and thanked them for giving him the opportunity to serve.
4. He is very optimistic over the SE chances in Russia.
So no be only NFF dey owe coaches :tic:

So money is the problem :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:No defending this dude. I was a 100% behind him to get the Eagles Job. But why has Oliseh always had issues with players, management and probably balls boys sef. Right from when he was a player.

IF several people keep saying the samething about you, then you need to check yourself. He certainly has a major personality problem.

LEts stop all these nonsense blind support for him on this thread. He has been suspended by his employers. Hes now gone on twitter and made some very serious allegations that would now definitely turn his suspension to sack and probably earn him a lawsuit.

Dude needs to Fvvcking grow up!!!
I will say it again.
Sunday Oliseh is a genius!
He is not a “follow follow “ kind of guy but a trailblazer of some kind.

Individuals with small minds don’t get him!
how well you handle relationship challenges is the modern measure of emotional stability
Chief Jette1: I disagree with you - Sir! Who determines "emotional stability" and by what standards? Situations in relationships differs from one to another; therefore, are unique and cannot be used as a measuring tool to assess ones emotional stability.

Such situations can be this or that which - to some people - means nothing and to others, means a lot and hence reactions by individuals will always differ.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:No defending this dude. I was a 100% behind him to get the Eagles Job. But why has Oliseh always had issues with players, management and probably balls boys sef. Right from when he was a player.

IF several people keep saying the samething about you, then you need to check yourself. He certainly has a major personality problem.

LEts stop all these nonsense blind support for him on this thread. He has been suspended by his employers. Hes now gone on twitter and made some very serious allegations that would now definitely turn his suspension to sack and probably earn him a lawsuit.

Dude needs to Fvvcking grow up!!!
I will say it again.
Sunday Oliseh is a genius!
He is not a “follow follow “ kind of guy but a trailblazer of some kind.

Individuals with small minds don’t get him!
how well you handle relationship challenges is the modern measure of emotional stability
It’s not new that’s why you see many CE folks steeped in African cultures support your POV.
What you ignore is the fact that the modern measure of emotional stability is inaccurate, and subjective.

The context matters a lot
. So does individual and collective bias.
Thank you - Chief Kabalega! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Odas on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

imehjunior wrote:Just listening to him on Brilla and here are a few of my take away.
2. The club started asking players on the bench to sign statements saying they couldn't work with him and this divided the dressing room and led to recent poor run.
3. Think he has been advised and didn't say anything bad and thanked them for giving him the opportunity to serve.
As written, assuming you heard the above correctly, I will simply say: Wow! :shock: :shock: :shock: This is why many of us in this Site should have waited to hear from Oliseh before jumping to the: 'I told you so' mode or position.

Thus the club's management is; somehow, responsible for the club's latest losses.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:See egomaniacs trying too hard to impress each other over nonsense
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chief Jette1, na ua (your) own bad pass sef!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Txj,

If you do not realize that the research that you read, using qualitative methods, is 100% based on plausibility, then I cannot help you. No qualitative research anywhere in the world is based on anything but plausibility.

Even the quantitative research from which medication and medical knowledge and the like are derived are rarely based on anything called "proof." Be aware of that today. Those, all of them, are based on certain possibility of error. I am surprised that you are unaware of that. The basic knowledge that you learn about generating hypothesis or research questions is never use the word "proof." The appropriate word is to seek support for or to seek confirmation.

In any case, a study on Oliseh's motives and intentionality is definitely acceptable via the use of plausibility. If you are looking for proof, I am sorry you will never find any. Even if you talk to Oliseh how are you sure that he will tell you the truth as per his motives?

I'm quite familiar with scientific methodology, than you.

I know you cannot judge Oliseh's intent from a twitter post with any acceptable degree of confidence.

You can of course do so as junk science...and on an internet forum, it is certainly plausible.

Heck, the earth is plausibly square on the internet!

Wake me up when you decide to get serious!

Bros,

I am certain that you do not understand scientific methodology. If you did, then it should not have been a surprise to you that conclusions are based on plausibility in the use of not one but multiple methods that involve a variety of data collection methods. The fact that you are unaware of this creates a major doubt on the depth of your knowledge about research methods which I teach, BTW.

Now you assume that studying Oliseh's twitter covers the scope from which data is drawn to reach a conclusion is yet a lack of understanding on what happens here. What you need to do is to ask exactly how the study is done and not simply assume. That simple question, no matter how humbling, may actually lead to illuminating how this is done and the result may well surprise you. Currently, your feverish attempt to defend Oliseh prevents you from learning more even when that lesson may well present a much more robust defense of Oliseh himself.

First up, I'm not defending Oliseh. I am wondering why there is such a definitive conclusion in a manner that ostensibly eliminates any benefit of doubt in his favor.

Secondly, my questioning of the plausibility of your methodology, is based on the confidence limit that one could objectively assign to, based on how flimsy it is.

I understand research methodology. I am published in it, and in peer reviewed journals to boot.

To pass the conclusions you have reached on intent, based on Oliseh's tweet, as evidence of any sort of scientific rigor, has to be a joke! An absurd joke!
Txj,

You certainly appear that you are defending him by making several spurious claims. For instance, you input irrationality to the points made by several other CE members who have posted on this issue. Yet those members have cited and provided reasons for their position and those reasons are logically rational and, thus, the claim of irrationality is from a position where an opposing view is rejected because it does not conform to your own views. Note that it is possible that others can hold rational views even when they do not conform to yours.

Further, you appear unable to realize that there are several issues here and that members have chosen to focus on issues of their particular interest. Those interests are varied and they are multiple. There is no one issue that trumps the other. Your insistence that your own issue of interest trumps other considerations is quite problematic.

Now coming to the issue of methodology, I remain surprised at your claims. You do realize that there are two general types of methods -- quantitative and qualitative. Your position on this leads me to believe that your knowledge is limited to quantitative methods and to not a very clear understanding of its merits or its limitations. As for qualitative methods, you show absolutely no understanding on what it is and knowledge of specific methods under that genre.

That you have published via peer review is not particularly earth-shaking. I have published several pieces via peer review, not just journal articles but books and a college textbook. I currently edit (i.e serve as Editor-In-Chief) of a peer-reviewed journal where several of the world's leading intercultural communication scholars frequently send manuscripts for review. Further, I instruct Ph.D. students on scientific methodologies. Thus, I know in-depth, what I write about when the issues pertain to scientific methods for research.

As I said, if you wish to know how the Oliseh issue (i.e. motives of his intentionality) can be done, make the request. I will not provide the way until a humble request is made but be rest assured that motives of his intention can be studied without a need to consult Oliseh. By the way, so also can one study any text for meaning without the subject calling you on a phone to tell you want they mean. Thus, there is absolutely no need to call Oliseh to interview him before unpacking meaning from his text and relevant data. And such a study, if well articulated and written can be published in appropriate peer-reviewed publications.

Thanks for the offer, including the condescending attitude, but I'm quite confident in my knowledge of research methodology and continued use of it, both in analytical work and day to day practical use.

There's a reason quantitative methods rank much higher than qualitative methods. What I have not done here is dispute the use of qualitative methods. I have simply questioned the confidence limits that can be assigned to an analysis of Oliseh's intent from mere twitter post...All the sophistry in the world cannot diminish this one bit!

It is irrational that a CE member would cite as evidence of Oliseh's failures his reaction to being racially abused. It is irrational that a CE member would cite evidence of Oliseh's failures by citing his decision to quit the SE without recognition of the clear ineptitude of the NFF. It is irrational for a CE member to cite the commotion in 2002 in the SE camp without recognition of the failures of the NFF. That is irrational thinking fueled by bias against Oliseh.

It is curious that in a post by SO alleging criminal intent on the side of the club that your sole interest is on the intent behind his use of the word foreign. Sure it is ur right to choose what to focus on, as is my right to point to the curious nature of ur choice.

I haven't defended Oliseh at any point on the substantial issue. I have merely been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until the full story unfolds.

The complete unwillingness of folks here to give him any benefit of the doubt is itself evidence of irrationality in the reaction of CE towards any issue affecting SO.
Txj

Your knowledge of the research world is questionable when you make the statement that quant research is superior to qualitative research. That is an incredible statement to make in today's world. It is similar to a claim that one culture is superior to the next. The reality is that the methods, like cultures, are just different. Each with its benefits and drawbacks. Those who seek a much more compelling work may use mixed methods. However, it is easier to understand why you may think in those terms as they reflect the similar views you seem to have about the supposedly European superiority over everything African. Things can never just be fdifferent.

May I ask which benefit of doubt is there to give if one was focusing on Oliseh's man management? Or his use of social media in angry response? Or his intentional motive? The issue of benefit of doubt arises if the issue is about credibility but then that is just one of multiple issues. You need to understand that your focus on his credibility does not represent every one's interest nor should it. Please divorce yourself from the belief that everyone should see the world from your perspective. People have their own interests and the agency to express them. If you understand that, it will be much easier to comprehend a different viewpoint.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

As expected Sittard have not taken kindly to Oliseh's actions. This is going to court, they've also claimed he was fired after repeated attempts at correcting his injurious actions.

https://www.fortunasittard.nl/nieuws/of ... day-oliseh
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

platinum wrote:As expected Sittard have not taken kindly to Oliseh's actions. This is going to court, they've also claimed he was fired after repeated attempts at correcting his injurious actions.

Translated to:

Fortuna Sittard has taken note of the unsubstantiated allegations made yesterday in various media by Sunday Oliseh after being on non-active earlier that day. Although Fortuna Sittard does not wish to go along with accusations in the press, Fortuna wants to fight the accusations made. In this context, the club will also take the necessary legal follow-up steps. Fortuna does not recognize itself at all in these accusations, which were not previously ventilated by Sunday Oliseh internally. Something that can be expected in view of the seriousness of the accusations regarding alleged illegal practices. Fortuna Sittard chooses to respond once by means of this statement, because many media have turned to her immediately after the accusations made to the club's address.

Arbitration committee
The case will be presented by Fortuna Sittard to the arbitration committee of the KNVB - an independent body - which will now make an assessment of whether there is sufficient ground to terminate the employment contract of Sunday Oliseh. Fortuna Sittard is of the opinion that this is the case and will substantiate this in a substantiated way towards the committee. If Sunday Oliseh actually believes that there are illegal practices, then it can be expected that this can be substantiated with evidence in the coming proceedings at the KNVB arbitration committee.

Do not ice overnight
Fortuna Sittard explicitly did not go away on one night when deciding whether to put Sunday Oliseh on hold. The countless clandestine acts as well as the disrupted employment relationship on the part of Sunday Oliseh have unfortunately led Fortuna to make him non-active. Fortuna Sittard has been legally advised by the Federation of Paid Football Organizations (FBO) during the entire process.

Disturbed employment relationship due to culpable actions
The many culpable behaviors and escalations ultimately led to a disrupted employment relationship. The non-active setting of the trainer is emphatically not motivated by the four successive losses, although it is good to say that the disrupted employment relationship between Sunday Oliseh, the group of players and other employees of Fortuna Sittard has had a negative influence.

Fortuna Sittard has received numerous written statements from individuals who have pointed to various culpable acts that will also be introduced during the procedure. Many of them explicitly indicated that they no longer wanted to cooperate with Sunday Oliseh. Fortuna Sittard has therefore consciously opted to preserve the peace and to solve the escalations as much as possible internally, also with the help of external help.

One-time response
Fortuna Sittard will no longer discuss any new unfounded accusations by Sunday Oliseh at the club's address. Fortuna will, as stated above, take the appropriate legal countermeasures. If there are any questions from the side of the KNVB in this respect, Fortuna Sittard is fully open to internal investigation to show that the accusations are completely unfounded. In order not to let things escalate any further, Fortuna Sittard will further clarify further positions, as stated, during the coming KNVB arbitration procedure. Fortuna Sittard has every confidence in a good outcome of the case.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:Thanks for the offer, including the condescending attitude, but I'm quite confident in my knowledge of research methodology and continued use of it, both in analytical work and day to day practical use.

There's a reason quantitative methods rank much higher than qualitative methods. What I have not done here is dispute the use of qualitative methods. I have simply questioned the confidence limits that can be assigned to an analysis of Oliseh's intent from mere twitter post...All the sophistry in the world cannot diminish this one bit!

It is irrational that a CE member would cite as evidence of Oliseh's failures his reaction to being racially abused. It is irrational that a CE member would cite evidence of Oliseh's failures by citing his decision to quit the SE without recognition of the clear ineptitude of the NFF. It is irrational for a CE member to cite the commotion in 2002 in the SE camp without recognition of the failures of the NFF. That is irrational thinking fueled by bias against Oliseh.

It is curious that in a post by SO alleging criminal intent on the side of the club that your sole interest is on the intent behind his use of the word foreign. Sure it is ur right to choose what to focus on, as is my right to point to the curious nature of ur choice.

I haven't defended Oliseh at any point on the substantial issue. I have merely been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until the full story unfolds.

The complete unwillingness of folks here to give him any benefit of the doubt is itself evidence of irrationality in the reaction of CE towards any issue affecting SO.
Txj

Your knowledge of the research world is questionable when you make the statement that quant research is superior to qualitative research. That is an incredible statement to make in today's world. It is similar to a claim that one culture is superior to the next. The reality is that the methods, like cultures, are just different. Each with its benefits and drawbacks. Those who seek a much more compelling work may use mixed methods.

May I ask which benefit of doubt is there to give if one was focusing on Oliseh's man management? Or his use of social media in angry response? Or his intentional motive? The issue of benefit of doubt arises if the issue is about credibility but then that is just one of multiple issues. You need to understand that your focus on his credibility does not represent every one's interest nor should it. Please divorce yourself from the belief that everyone should see the world from your perspective. People have their own interests and the agency to express them. If you understand that, it will be much easier to comprehend a different viewpoint.
You seem to have a problem comprehending issues and simply make up ur mind what my position is, and then go off on a tangent.

My statement is about quantitative methodology (NOT research); and that it ranks higher in research because it is more rigorous than qualitative methods. I am shocked that as an academic, you would even argue this...

Secondly, you claim I am defending Oliseh, when I have not thus far adjudicated on the substantive issue.

Third, you claim I am focused on credibility, when the issue I raise is about benefit of the doubt.

Benefit of the doubt is not an automatic reference to credibility. It is about common fairness, to not automatically adjudicate a situation without consideration of, at the very least, the potential that their might be another side.

None of us is privy to the full story. Yet according to many here SO is guilty as charged based on his precedence. Never mind the supposed precedence is in itself disputed; or in some cases simply nonsensical given the inputed racial motive...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:
platinum wrote:As expected Sittard have not taken kindly to Oliseh's actions. This is going to court, they've also claimed he was fired after repeated attempts at correcting his injurious actions.

Translated to:

Fortuna Sittard has taken note of the unsubstantiated allegations made yesterday in various media by Sunday Oliseh after being on non-active earlier that day. Although Fortuna Sittard does not wish to go along with accusations in the press, Fortuna wants to fight the accusations made. In this context, the club will also take the necessary legal follow-up steps. Fortuna does not recognize itself at all in these accusations, which were not previously ventilated by Sunday Oliseh internally. Something that can be expected in view of the seriousness of the accusations regarding alleged illegal practices. Fortuna Sittard chooses to respond once by means of this statement, because many media have turned to her immediately after the accusations made to the club's address.

Arbitration committee
The case will be presented by Fortuna Sittard to the arbitration committee of the KNVB - an independent body - which will now make an assessment of whether there is sufficient ground to terminate the employment contract of Sunday Oliseh. Fortuna Sittard is of the opinion that this is the case and will substantiate this in a substantiated way towards the committee. If Sunday Oliseh actually believes that there are illegal practices, then it can be expected that this can be substantiated with evidence in the coming proceedings at the KNVB arbitration committee.

Do not ice overnight
Fortuna Sittard explicitly did not go away on one night when deciding whether to put Sunday Oliseh on hold. The countless clandestine acts as well as the disrupted employment relationship on the part of Sunday Oliseh have unfortunately led Fortuna to make him non-active. Fortuna Sittard has been legally advised by the Federation of Paid Football Organizations (FBO) during the entire process.

The many culpable behaviors and escalations ultimately led to a disrupted employment relationship. The non-active setting of the trainer is emphatically not motivated by the four successive losses, although it is good to say that the disrupted employment relationship between Sunday Oliseh, the group of players and other employees of Fortuna Sittard has had a negative influence.

Fortuna Sittard has received numerous written statements from individuals who have pointed to various culpable acts that will also be introduced during the procedure. Many of them explicitly indicated that they no longer wanted to cooperate with Sunday Oliseh. Fortuna Sittard has therefore consciously opted to preserve the peace and to solve the escalations as much as possible internally, also with the help of external help.

One-time response
Fortuna Sittard will no longer discuss any new unfounded accusations by Sunday Oliseh at the club's address. Fortuna will, as stated above, take the appropriate legal countermeasures. If there are any questions from the side of the KNVB in this respect, Fortuna Sittard is fully open to internal investigation to show that the accusations are completely unfounded. In order not to let things escalate any further, Fortuna Sittard will further clarify further positions, as stated, during the coming KNVB arbitration procedure. Fortuna Sittard has every confidence in a good outcome of the case.
Over to TXj and co...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... exactly! This is why many of us said he should not have said or used the 'illegal' word he used. He should have turned-off his phone, go to sleep or travel to his agent's office and 'tanda' there. Alternatively, he should have only spoken through his lawyer(s) instead. Now, the whole thing has changed direction. I hope he has proof or proves to what he said.
Last edited by Odas on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Translated to:

Arbitration committee

Do not ice overnight

One-time response
Over to TXj and co...
Exactly what I expected.

Now the legal process can adjudicate this, and not based on pre-formed conclusions.

@Cellular, Notice that nowhere has Fortuna's legal counsel cited witches and wizards :rotf:

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote: Over to TXj and co...
Oga Cellular, have you ever fought (had disputes/filed complaints and et al.) against a Corporation or company before? If you did, you will not attach much meaning to what the company is saying at this point, just like we shouldn't attach much meaning to those of Oliseh's.

Corporations will do (say) anything they can to brand an aggrieved employee who has chosen to fight back as a "disgruntled" individual and et al. Even when the company is wrong, they will still threaten a court case, but at a point will back-down and settle out of Court if your case is REALLY strong and they assess they will lose based on your detailed documentations or evidence.

Those who has fought companies in the past, know what I am saying. Thus, whether Oliseh is wrong or right, we do not know at this time. It will all depend on if Oliseh did PROPER documentation of his situation or of the issues during his employment.

Anyway, that is what I think at this time; that is, to not take the statements from both parties seriously at moment until the issue becomes clearer
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Odas wrote:
Oga Cellular, have you ever fought (had disputes/filed complaints and et al.) against a Corporation or company before? If you did, you will not attach much meaning to what the company is saying at this point, just like we shouldn't attach much meaning to those of Oliseh's.

Corporations will do (say) anything they can to brand an aggrieved employee who has chosen to fight back as a "disgruntled" individual and et al. Even when the company is wrong, they will still threaten a court case, but at a point will back-down and settle out of Court if your case is REALLY strong and they assess they will lose based on your detailed documentations or evidence.

Those who has fought companies in the past, know what I am saying. Thus, whether Oliseh is wrong or right, we do not know at this time. It will all depend on if Oliseh did PROPER documentation of his situation or of the issues during his employment.

Anyway, that is what I think at this time; that is, to not take the statements from both parties seriously at moment until the issue becomes clearer

Precisely my point from the beginning!

Now the judicial process will kick in and we will, hopefully, finally get to know who is in the right.

The problem on CE is that peeps like Cellular have let their personal animus against Oliseh cloud their judgement.

heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

this has really saddened me greatly...
I hope he ends up being vindicated....
YNWA
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Translated to:

Arbitration committee

Do not ice overnight

One-time response
Over to TXj and co...
Exactly what I expected.

Now the legal process can adjudicate this, and not based on pre-formed conclusions.

@Cellular, Notice that nowhere has Fortuna's legal counsel cited witches and wizards :rotf:
Nna, na di bobo way tok dat wan o. He said he was under spiritual attack and to come salt (and insult) into injury, NFF wasn't living up to their contractual agreement. And no job was worth it...

You go revisit threads about the entire episode on CE or using your Google machine.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

heavyd wrote:this has really saddened me greatly...
I hope he ends up being vindicated....
Me too, if he's been wronged...

Why oh why does trouble follow this fellow wherever he goes? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Odas wrote:
As written, assuming you heard the above correctly, I will simply say: Wow! :shock: :shock: :shock: This is why many of us in this Site should have waited to hear from Oliseh before jumping to the: 'I told you so' mode or position.

Thus the club's management is; somehow, responsible for the club's latest losses.

Did you miss this part? When folks said his statements were wrong, you guys didn't want to listen, and were looking for people to pick fights with. If he was right in making those statements on Twitter, why has he backed away from them now?

Hopefully someday, we can debate issues on the CE without being "haters" or "lovers", "agents", etc.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Odas wrote:

Chief Odas, individuals who have problems working with others are typically ALWAYS fired except in jobs you don't need to work with others. There's a reason why in most job interviews they ask you, "are you a team player?" ..."how good are you with working with others?"

When you have a pattern of behavior it is no longer the other people... it is YOU!

Look at yourself and ask yourself why do you have problems with authority or have a prickly personality.

There are certain jobs where having a prickly personality or your inability to work with others does not work.

I hope when Oliseh was "keeping it real" on social media he had incontrovertible evidence... in the Corporate World, everyone engages in CYA (at least the emotionally stable ones). Hope he covered his.

Litigation (defending oneself) is not cheap.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Odas wrote:

Did you miss this part? When folks said his statements were wrong, you guys didn't want to listen, and were looking for people to pick fights with. If he was right in making those statements on Twitter, why has he backed away from them now?

Hopefully someday, we can debate issues on the CE without being "haters" or "lovers", "agents", etc.
Chief Ogbus, the exact same thing I said. But TXj and his typical ways attributes it to hate.
Dude has a family to feed. Why use emotion to exacerbate the situation where he now has to seek legal redress that now has another dimension bordering on making libelous statements against his former employers. Does he not want to collect his full entitlements? How about future employability?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Odas wrote:

Chief Ogbus, the exact same thing I said. But TXj and his typical ways attributes it to hate.
Dude has a family to feed. Why use emotion to exacerbate the situation where he now has to seek legal redress that now has another dimension bordering on making libelous statements against his former employers. Does he not want to collect his full entitlements? How about future employability?

To paraphrase my famous Unku, "...na so e dey behave... is a sign of a personality disorder"
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Odas wrote:

Chief Ogbunigwe,

My point(s) of reference is different from those of yours - Sir. I was referring to points one and two as shown below: