MASTER CLASS: MOUSA DEMBELE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MASTER CLASS: MOUSA DEMBELE

Post by Coach »

Not special? Laughable. Dembele is a delight to watch, effortless excellence. Special? Absolutely. One of the finest.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

smartbrother wrote:I love mikel but as a DM , mikel is nothing like Dembele
Dembele is the player that Mikel should be. Instead Mikel is playing in a non-competitive league while his age mate is putting up strong performances in the CL and the Prem. A shame.

A shame, yes but..... Mikel has got the trophies and the medals. Dembele has been #wasted at Spurs as I continue to tell all the Spurs fans here.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

EPL is basically a Hybrid of best RUGBY have to offer and the peak of soccer player fitness. The basic Brit player can only play on a stright line ( talking innate skills and technique) , not many of them can pull a rabbit out of the hat with sheer magic skills when they meet an equally PHYSICAL side like Germany , Sweden , like a Zidane, Del Pierro, R Baggio, Messi, Neymar, Rivaldo, El fenomeno can when the going gets deadlocked. EPL has bought up almost EVERY great talent tru the injection of 5 BILLION pounds into their clubs.....best players and coaches......Koeman, Rafa Benitez, Mourinho, Pochetino, Klopp, Quique Sanchez.... There are only few teams that can match the awesome economic power of EPL today except likes of Atleti Madrid, R Madrid, Barca, Bayern and PSG. Crystal palace and Newcastle United are most definitely richer than Juve.......
Allegri is a B#@%h !!! What a Pu$$&!!! This is why he shd probably never get a look in on any BIG side. How can Spurs dominate Juve like this? He basically sat back......Football is so over coached. Look @ the roaster, man-for- man , which spurs player beats any juve player??? Kane cd be close.......
Sheer physical dominance
Congrats to EPL, your $ is begining to yield fruit. It shd go beyond physical domination to last. We shall see
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

cic old boy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Your problem is you think 1 bad game makes a bad player. Dembele can be inconsistent. Even Ronaldo and Messi goes through bad patches. It is expected in football.

A trait of this Tottenham team under Poch is very slow inconsistent start. They always tail off at the beginning of the season and pick up midway through the season.

He might not be special to you but he's no slouch
This is a massive "achievement"!! You have managed to mention Dembele and Messi in the same breath! We should rename him Messi Dembele.

I blame Manure and a crap Juve for this. Diame pocketed Pogba the other day and nobody is disturbing our peace b/c of it.
It is not only today that he has been doing this. I wouldnt call him Messi but it is very few CMs that have the mix of technique and physical ability that he has. I wonder what would have happened if we had kept Modric. A midfield of Modric, Dembele and Eriksen. Chei!!

That said I am quietly hoping that Onomah would learn from this. He too has the beginnings of that ability.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cristao II wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Your problem is you think 1 bad game makes a bad player. Dembele can be inconsistent. Even Ronaldo and Messi goes through bad patches. It is expected in football.

A trait of this Tottenham team under Poch is very slow inconsistent start. They always tail off at the beginning of the season and pick up midway through the season.

He might not be special to you but he's no slouch
This is a massive "achievement"!! You have managed to mention Dembele and Messi in the same breath! We should rename him Messi Dembele.

I blame Manure and a crap Juve for this. Diame pocketed Pogba the other day and nobody is disturbing our peace b/c of it.
It is not only today that he has been doing this. I wouldnt call him Messi but it is very few CMs that have the mix of technique and physical ability that he has. I wonder what would have happened if we had kept Modric. A midfield of Modric, Dembele and Eriksen. Chei!!

That said I am quietly hoping that Onomah would learn from this. He too has the beginnings of that ability.
Onomah is one guy I'd definitely like to see switch to Nigeria.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The guy is even underachieving. He has more skill on the bench than Dele Alli playing but he sacrifices too much for the team. He has yaya toure talent.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

The real deal wrote:EPL is basically a Hybrid of best RUGBY have to offer and the peak of soccer player fitness. The basic Brit player can only play on a stright line ( talking innate skills and technique) , not many of them can pull a rabbit out of the hat with sheer magic skills when they meet an equally PHYSICAL side like Germany , Sweden , like a Zidane, Del Pierro, R Baggio, Messi, Neymar, Rivaldo, El fenomeno can when the going gets deadlocked. EPL has bought up almost EVERY great talent tru the injection of 5 BILLION pounds into their clubs.....best players and coaches......Koeman, Rafa Benitez, Mourinho, Pochetino, Klopp, Quique Sanchez.... There are only few teams that can match the awesome economic power of EPL today except likes of Atleti Madrid, R Madrid, Barca, Bayern and PSG. Crystal palace and Newcastle United are most definitely richer than Juve.......
Allegri is a B#@%h !!! What a Pu$$&!!! This is why he shd probably never get a look in on any BIG side. How can Spurs dominate Juve like this? He basically sat back......Football is so over coached. Look @ the roaster, man-for- man , which spurs player beats any juve player??? Kane cd be close.......
Sheer physical dominance
Congrats to EPL, your $ is begining to yield fruit. It shd go beyond physical domination to last. We shall see
Please relax biko with hype,Kane is better than that Argentina,Dembele ios better than any juve player,Erikson is as good as any juve playermaker.So stop this man for man as if that is how you assese team.Juve has a lot of washed up players.
List the 11 vs 11 lets compare who is better than the other.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Dembele is the player that Mikel should be. Instead Mikel is playing in a non-competitive league while his age mate is putting up strong performances in the CL and the Prem. A shame.

A shame, yes but..... Mikel has got the trophies and the medals. Dembele has been #wasted at Spurs as I continue to tell all the Spurs fans here.
this destroys your points , the fact Mikel already achieved all dembele wishes for while playing in the same competition years ago ends your argument..Yes Mikel plays in a pure rubbish league, but we saw what he can do during the Olympics, WCQs and the most recent friendly vs Argentina. Mikel has a year left in China, and come June /July... he would be fitter and fresher than most EPL based players... end of season fatigue will affects many players during the WC
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

this destroys your points , the fact Mikel already achieved all dembele wishes for while playing in the same competition years ago ends your argument..Yes Mikel plays in a pure rubbish league, but we saw what he can do during the Olympics, WCQs and the most recent friendly vs Argentina. Mikel has a year left in China, and come June /July... he would be fitter and fresher than most EPL based players... end of season fatigue will affects many players during the WC
That makes my point wrt Mikel and Dembele.

You just saw the name Mikel and rushed to his defence. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

That makes my point wrt Mikel and Dembele.

You just saw the name Mikel and rushed to his defence. :lol:
:D Mikel nah our own, i gots to be on my grind
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@TRD, Gareth Brian Havana Bale and Luka Johnnny Wilkinson Modric have taken their rugby far afield and flourished. The idea of the EPL being technically void is no less a sweeping generalism than an azeeza called Generalism tending to the Sunday morning compound. Indeed there are those whose physical prowess and boundless energy, have granted them right to remain within the great island that is. Such has been the hegemony of the continental game that few if any, have preserved the ancient practices.

...Today's EPL is a heterogeneous hopscotch of myriad styles, to cast the blanket over all and claim it one is absolute nonsense. Oft mistaken for the be all and end all, is the physicality demanded of Premier league combatant. Rough and tumble, blood and thunder perhaps, but such is mere prerequisite to swim with the leviathans. Yes, a Jose Reyes will be booted back to Spain, but a Bergkamp and Henry, both blessed with an artistic streak of crimson, stand where cowards fall and prove the league is certainly more than a fist fight.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Coach wrote:@TRD, Gareth Brian Havana Bale and Luka Johnnny Wilkinson Modric have taken their rugby far afield and flourished. The idea of the EPL being technically void is no less a sweeping generalism than an azeeza called Generalism tending to the Sunday morning compound. Indeed there are those whose physical prowess and boundless energy, have granted them right to remain within the great island that is. Such has been the hegemony of the continental game that few if any, have preserved the ancient practices.

...Today's EPL is a heterogeneous hopscotch of myriad styles, to cast the blanket over all and claim it one is absolute nonsense. Oft mistaken for the be all and end all, is the physicality demanded of Premier league combatant. Rough and tumble, blood and thunder perhaps, but such is mere prerequisite to swim with the leviathans. Yes, a Jose Reyes will be booted back to Spain, but a Bergkamp and Henry, both blessed with an artistic streak of crimson, stand where cowards fall and prove the league is certainly more than a fist fight.

You make good points You are mistaken in the sense that the physical (sic Rugby/Soccer hybrid) and technical attributes are not mutually exclusive. I'm sure you,ve heard many afficionaldos of the English game say " He can't hack it in the EPL"! Ever wondered why they say that? " Messi can,t survive a RAINY night @ Stokes :woot: :woot: :scared: :scared: :scared: ", ever wondered why? The Eng game has bought the best talent there is out there in the last 20 yrs and blended them....some survive, some don't. I have no doubt that those that don't survive is cos of the physicality. Ever wondered why Radamel falcao, Batshuayi, El Nino Torres, Diego Forlan, to name a few flourish after leaving? Bale has been injured most of his stay @ RM..... Modric is croatian, a country reknown for its armada of technical players. Physically, they are no slouches either. You can see where Modric flourished more, right?
There's a reason people choose players from other leagues over EPL as best in the world. No need to confuse facts or rewrite history.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

The real deal wrote:
Coach wrote:@TRD, Gareth Brian Havana Bale and Luka Johnnny Wilkinson Modric have taken their rugby far afield and flourished. The idea of the EPL being technically void is no less a sweeping generalism than an azeeza called Generalism tending to the Sunday morning compound. Indeed there are those whose physical prowess and boundless energy, have granted them right to remain within the great island that is. Such has been the hegemony of the continental game that few if any, have preserved the ancient practices.

You make good points You are mistaken in the sense that the physical (sic Rugby/Soccer hybrid) and technical attributes are not mutually exclusive. I'm sure you,ve heard many afficionaldos of the English game say " He can't hack it in the EPL"! Ever wondered why they say that? " Messi can,t survive a RAINY night @ Stokes :woot: :woot: :scared: :scared: :scared: ", ever wondered why? The Eng game has bought the best talent there is out there in the last 20 yrs and blended them....some survive, some don't. I have no doubt that those that don't survive is cos of the physicality. Ever wondered why Radamel falcao, Batshuayi, El Nino Torres, Diego Forlan, to name a few flourish after leaving? Bale has been injured most of his stay @ RM..... Modric is croatian, a country reknown for its armada of technical players. Physically, they are no slouches either. You can see where Modric flourished more, right?
There's a reason people choose players from other leagues over EPL as best in the world. No need to confuse facts or rewrite history.

Where was Dembele tonight?
Let me say it again, EPL did what,s the equivalent of a HOSTILE take over of a business corporation by injecting 5Billion pounds into their teams but they still play a Hybrid of Rugby and soccer.......so PHYSICAL!!!........You cd see the difference in skill and natural ability when Douglas Costa (Brazil) gets the ball and beats players easily, unlike Dele Alli and HURRICANE (sorry, Harry cane) that BULLIES everything through. Its the reason all the BEST TALENTS in Europe that they have acquired will always fail in the end....RUGBY + SOCCER = EPL :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

The real deal wrote:
The real deal wrote:

Where was Dembele tonight?
Let me say it again, EPL did what,s the equivalent of a HOSTILE take over of a business corporation by injecting 5Billion pounds into their teams but they still play a Hybrid of Rugby and soccer.......so PHYSICAL!!!........You cd see the difference in skill and natural ability when Douglas Costa (Brazil) gets the ball and beats players easily, unlike Dele Alli and HURRICANE (sorry, Harry cane) that BULLIES everything through. Its the reason all the BEST TALENTS in Europe that they have acquired will always fail in the end....RUGBY + SOCCER = EPL :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
A blind man wld see that Juv were more physical tonight. Alli was a pedestrian.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

cic old boy wrote:Dembele is not special. Where was he when City crapped all over them? The Juve midfield was crap, missing at least 2 starters.
As I was saying...
http://www.naijiant.com/
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Eyan, THS bullied Juve during the first leg with Dembele pulling strings....For some stupid reason, Allegri decided to play defensive...possesion 70/30 for Spurs!!... For me, there was no doubt Juve has better quality players. Tonight they came out to match spurs, power for power.....
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

One swallow and the sunblock's out. Evidently.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

cic old boy wrote:Dembele is not special. Where was he when City crapped all over them? The Juve midfield was crap, missing at least 2 starters.
As I was saying...
http://www.naijiant.com/
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
tfco wrote:

:rotf:

abeg I jus dey come forum...wetin happen? when?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

...but does he track back?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: