Liverpool to move for Leicester City midfielder Ndidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool to move for Leicester City midfielder Ndidi

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bully12 wrote:In all honesty Ndidi is the only Nigerian player that has progressed in upward trajectory perhaps Victor Moses included for so many many years. Others either regressed as soon as they are noticed or become stagnant in their growth sometimes through injury or bereft of technical know- how or talent to participate in a higher level. I was hoping Onyekuru will follow sooth unfortunately he has sustained an almost a career ending injury. Something is definitely amiss with Nigeria God of soccer. Apparently he or she needs to be placated
It’s Karma! Keshi and Amodu need to forgive us in heaven.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
heavyd wrote:JJ
Express UK and several other legit sites reported likewise, a little search will show it.
The ones I've seen are quoting a Nigerian source.
This. Likely conjured up in a Naija press room or beer-parlor (little difference)...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

marutimon wrote:
platinum wrote:Naby Keita is joining them next season, this is unlikely.
Entirely different position. Keita is a CM, not a DM. Keita can play as a DM, but that would be detrimental to his overall gameplay, as it would stifle his forward runs. Keita is probably the only player out there equally apt at playing as an AM and as a DM.
Ndidi doesn't play as a DM.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Ndidi is not a defensive midfielder? What?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I concur. They would not buy Ndidi to do exactly the same job as Keita (when they also have Capt Henderson and Gigi W in midfield too).
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

wiseone wrote:I concur. They would not buy Ndidi to do exactly the same job as Keita (when they also have Capt Henderson and Gigi W in midfield too).
Keita will not sit in front of the D for Liverpool.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

marutimon wrote:Ndidi is not a defensive midfielder? What?
He’s a MD :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
bully12 wrote:In all honesty Ndidi is the only Nigerian player that has progressed in upward trajectory perhaps Victor Moses included for so many many years. Others either regressed as soon as they are noticed or become stagnant in their growth sometimes through injury or bereft of technical know- how or talent to participate in a higher level. I was hoping Onyekuru will follow sooth unfortunately he has sustained an almost a career ending injury. Something is definitely amiss with Nigeria God of soccer. Apparently he or she needs to be placated
This calamity in our soccer has nothing with those folk. The regression and apathetic situation started a long ago before the demise of those individuals.. When was the last time Nigeria came close to produce world class player. 99.9 percent of our players have been mediocre even the ones that shone in junior tournaments ,. There is no question about it something is obviously amiss. Basically we are not getting the fundamentals right.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

bully12 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
This calamity in our soccer has nothing with those folk. The regression and apathetic situation started a long ago before the demise of those individuals.. When was the last time Nigeria came close to produce world class player. 99.9 percent of our players have been mediocre even the ones that shone in junior tournaments ,. There is no question about it something is obviously amiss. Basically we are not getting the fundamentals right.
I know we are not, but even to that end we are still very very unlucky. At least we should be getting the odd bit of luck. It isn't like in the early 90s or late 80s we had the best academies in the world.

Countries like Togo, Gabon, Armenia etc. are hardly the go to places for nurturing talent, yet some notable players have sprung from those places.

As bad as we are, we should still have had better players in the past 15 or so years.

I think there is also a cultural factor, everytime a player doesn't break through we scream HYPE, haba. The world is filled with individuals who did not achieve their potential. It doesn't mean they were hyped up! Are you going to say Nikola Tesla was hyped? Heck even Albert Einstein might not have fulfilled his potential.

So NOT every player we have had that failed to break through certain thresholds was hyped. I think there may be a cultural factor. Obafemi Martins for example had a good career and many of you know I am one of his biggest fans, but he should arguably have had a better career. Could different fundamentals have helped? Sure. But I think the mentality is also an issue.

Nigeria is more and more a materialistic society, even more than we were in the 80s and 90s. Many of our players IMO have become swayed by fast money and don't have their heads screwed on right. Nigeria IMO is more a materialistic culture than the average society. I was surprised at some of the comments I heard when I visited Nigeria. So I think something is definitely up. am just speculating, but I think it is more than fundamentals.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

marutimon wrote:Ndidi is not a defensive midfielder? What?
I understand the point you'd make. My point is he doesn't only play as a holding midfielder for Leicester AND for the SE. Leicester will usually play 3 or 2 in central midfield and sometimes, Ndidi is the deepest lying midfielder and at other times he isnt, sometimes they have a midfield triangle and he's the most advanced in it, sometimes he is roaming while someone else sits in DM and the third guy is ahead of him, it has depended on the scenario of the game. Sometimes Iborra sits behind him, Albrighton has on occasion been behind him, even Fuchs has sat behind him. It's not as simple as saying Ndidi is a DM and that's it, it'd be like calling Vieira a DM. It pigeon holes what he brings to the midfield dynamic of his teams.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Not sure he fits.

Should be interesting what happens in the summer.

Keita comes in, and out would've been Cou and Can.

Klopp favors a rotating MF, rather than one with a specialized DM. The #6, who is typically the deepest of the trio, plays behind two #8s (or 8 and 10), but also gets forward.

In the end he may not buy a defensive MF at all, and rely on what he has.

In terms of that, Grujic at Cardiff is one to watch...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Does not have the all round skills to play the #6 role for Liverpool, unless the current thinking in the club changes.

Strong rumor about Jorginho (Napoli)

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Liverpool have just signed Fabinho from Monaco.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:JJ! Dey wan put Ndidi on the bench with a shiny red jersey :laugh:

Ko ni da fun klop! :curse: God forbid bad thing. :thumbs:
The first thing that crossed my mind
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:Liverpool have just signed Fabinho from Monaco.
Enjoy!

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
Enjoy!

Fabinho
Keita
Ox
Wijnaldum
Milner
Henderson
Lallana

Possibly Fekir too....

Interesting times.

I'm disappointed they didn't go for Ndidi but he arguably doesn't have the complete skill set that Klopp would look for in a 6.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

balo wrote:
Baller
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

balo wrote:
Welcome to Liverpool Football Club :thumbs:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

wow, this is a scary good move for Liverpool. This guy was the engine of that Monaco team not Bakayoko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:
My favorite defensive midfielder :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
Enjoy!

Fabinho
Keita
Ox
Wijnaldum
Milner
Henderson
Lallana

Possibly Fekir too....

Interesting times.

I'm disappointed they didn't go for Ndidi but he arguably doesn't have the complete skill set that Klopp would look for in a 6.

Look at this moronic lying idiottttt ! :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

So no Jorginho for Liverpool?