TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [FAC] RCH vs TOT

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Back to the competition MoPo knows he has to do reasonable well in. This is going to be the easiest of the remaining competition Spurs is in to win. Up next is Rochdale away on a pitch not fit to host a proper football match. It is a travesty to be found playing there but eh, this is what the FA Cup is all about. The pitch was relayed a week ago... not with grass but sand. Even Cameroun's pitch is not as bad as this.

Regardless of the condition and elements this is the type of match that brings you down to earth and humbles you. We are going from playing in the iconic Allianz stadium to a Sunday league pitch :glare:. The players should not focus on that but on the task at hand. The task has to be simply making quick work of the opposition and stay in the draw for the quarter-finals.

On the injury front we have no new concerns to worry about. Kane may not make the bench as he picked up a slight knock. He would be left out of the squad out of an abundance case of caution. Alderweireld played in the last round replay and should be good to go. If he fails to make the team as he did in the last 2 games then tongues will surely waggle faster than an amebo going to tell tales. The 2nd squad team has had a chance to play together a little more consistently lately and I expect them to file out tomorrow. My team will be:

• Llorente * Son
      • Lamela
  • Wanyama * Sissoko * Moura

Rose * Alderweireld * Foyth * Aurier
      • Vorm

This is a chance for these lads to shine and push a stake for playing regularly in the first team. Players like Alderweireld, Rose and Moura need to shine brightly. A massive margin win wouldn't tell us anything but a hard fought close contest should as it will tell us a lot about the character of these players.

COYS!!!
The first and second team is interchangeable. Son, Rose, Wanyama, Alder are first team players. Some are returning from I jury while Son was on the ben h against Juve for tactics reason.
The Rochdale pitch has been replayed and I think it's with grass to the tune of £500,000
I agree but for the last few matches now MoPo has settled with the same lineup consistently. His preference is with this lineup:

Kane
Son * Dele
Dembele* Eriksen * Dier
Davies * Jan * Sanchez * Trippier
Lloris
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Back to the competition MoPo knows he has to do reasonable well in. This is going to be the easiest of the remaining competition Spurs is in to win. Up next is Rochdale away on a pitch not fit to host a proper football match. It is a travesty to be found playing there but eh, this is what the FA Cup is all about. The pitch was relayed a week ago... not with grass but sand. Even Cameroun's pitch is not as bad as this.

Regardless of the condition and elements this is the type of match that brings you down to earth and humbles you. We are going from playing in the iconic Allianz stadium to a Sunday league pitch :glare:. The players should not focus on that but on the task at hand. The task has to be simply making quick work of the opposition and stay in the draw for the quarter-finals.

On the injury front we have no new concerns to worry about. Kane may not make the bench as he picked up a slight knock. He would be left out of the squad out of an abundance case of caution. Alderweireld played in the last round replay and should be good to go. If he fails to make the team as he did in the last 2 games then tongues will surely waggle faster than an amebo going to tell tales. The 2nd squad team has had a chance to play together a little more consistently lately and I expect them to file out tomorrow. My team will be:

• Llorente * Son
      • Lamela
  • Wanyama * Sissoko * Moura

Rose * Alderweireld * Foyth * Aurier
      • Vorm

This is a chance for these lads to shine and push a stake for playing regularly in the first team. Players like Alderweireld, Rose and Moura need to shine brightly. A massive margin win wouldn't tell us anything but a hard fought close contest should as it will tell us a lot about the character of these players.

COYS!!!
The first and second team is interchangeable. Son, Rose, Wanyama, Alder are first team players. Some are returning from I jury while Son was on the ben h against Juve for tactics reason.
The Rochdale pitch has been replayed and I think it's with grass to the tune of £500,000
I agree but for the last few matches now MoPo has settled with the same lineup consistently. His preference is with this lineup:

Kane
Son * Dele
Dembele* Eriksen * Dier
Davies * Jan * Sanchez * Trippier
Lloris
The only reason why Lamela was preferred against Juve is 'cos of his Italian background. That means Son I fresh for tomorrow. I expect Son to be back in first team duties as your line-up suggests. But Poch tactics mean thing can change on a whim
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Lucas Moura looking pretty good :D
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

First real chance for rochdale after Wanyama dispossessed.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

llorente misses
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Just got from Church and started posting on the wrong thread :lol:.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The pitch is just terrible.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lucas is really good.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Lucas is really good.
Can we unleash him against Juve?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The Son-Llorente combo upfront is not clicking.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote: Lucas is really good.
Can we unleash him against Juve?
I think there is a claim to be made for it though I still say he needs some more games to jell with the rest of the squad.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Rochdale score on the counter
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Snap. Winks loses the ball in the middle and leads to a cupset on the cards.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Useless - losing to a team that is bottom of League One
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

i don't blame Winks but what is the point of signing Foyth?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

toyin133 wrote:Rochdale score on the counter
Did you Sa Tottenham score or Rockdale score? :tic:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This is what happens when an attack is unserious. Between Llorente, Son, Moura and Wanyama. They need to fvcking wake up. This is not how professionals who want a future at Spurs should play particularly the front three. Tufiakwa
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]kenmega[/color] wrote: i don't blame Winks but what is the point of signing Foyth?
Wait, why is Foyth to blame for the goal? Winks 100% is responsible. You know the condition of the pitch, you know there are things you shouldn't do as the pitch condition won't allow it.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:The pitch is just terrible.
Pitch can't be excuse for the crsp some idiots have served up today. They feel they don't have to be here. Pochettino better stick one to their head.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: This is what happens when an attack is unserious. Between Llorente, Son, Moura and Wanyama. They need to fvcking wake up. This is not how professionals who want a future at Spurs should play particularly the front three. Tufiakwa
Calm down. The pitch is terrible regardless of how greenly it looks on TV. The players can't move freely as their feet keeps getting stuck in. Hopefully they will up the ante and get the equalizer so that we can deal with them at Wembley.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

It makes for an interesting game. The game should have started as handicap game with Rockdale 2 goals up. Now COYS, go prove you want it more
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: The pitch is just terrible.
Pitch can't be excuse for the crsp some idiots have served up today. They feel they don't have to be here. Pochettino better stick one to their head.
That is not my reading of the game so far. The pitch is not allowing the ball move in a natural way and the players can't move properly as it feels like playing on mud. I'm sure you remember what it was like playing on mud especially after it had rained. It's like playing with led boots.