How Guardiola is revolutionizing English football

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How Guardiola is revolutionizing English football

Post by oloye »

You want to talk about revolutionising EPL,look no further than Poch and what he is doing with those perenial under achievers on a meagre budget.

Someone said all EPL clubs have money why dont they spend....i mean seriously??
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

platinum wrote:
balo wrote:
platinum wrote:
balo wrote:Na real revolution.

If it was winning Championships, Sir Ferguson did nothing.
Spending huge bucks, Jose did nothing
Playing good football, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, SPURS and Liverpool didn't do any of that before Pep joined the league.

Did you read the article or you're just guessing and playing to the gallery? :rotf:

Diaper duty don scramble your mind. How's our baby?

Baby is a handful, but loving the experience. Thanks for asking. As for the article, I saw the subject, and the poster and I went to town with that. :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Babies no get care in the world, dia own na to chop, and make sure their parents are drained of all energy. One day they'll have their own kids and you will smile when you see them handle it all. Best health to all of una.

The article raised a salient point about the style Pep has brought. Michael Cox, who wrote it, is not the run of the mill pandering writer, he knows his onions.
Michael Cox is a cock for bigging up Pep and you're a cvnt for bigging Michael up. :tic: :twisted: Yeah, that's right I'm in that kinda mood. :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oloye wrote:You want to talk about revolutionising EPL,look no further than Poch and what he is doing with those perenial under achievers on a meagre budget.

I chose not to talk the thing you don talk finish. I'd be accused of been biased.

When you spend 300m on defence then you wander do you really make that amount of money as a business?

I would love to see how Pep take an average team and improve their lot, not by buying the best but by coaching them to be the best.

I respect the Monaco coach a lot. No sooner they decided the money way is not for them, they looked in-house and promoted some youth and won the league.

Pep, can spot a decent talent and paying for them is not an issue. That makes his job easier. Yes he can still fail but he's got a better chance of success than someone who just have to make do with the 5th or 6th choice player he was looking to recruit.

Revolution my check book. mssshhheeeww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

platinum wrote:
balo wrote:
platinum wrote:

Playing good football, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, SPURS and Liverpool didn't do any of that before Pep joined the league.

Did you read the article or you're just guessing and playing to the gallery? :rotf:

Baby is a handful, but loving the experience. Thanks for asking. As for the article, I saw the subject, and the poster and I went to town with that. :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Babies no get care in the world, dia own na to chop, and make sure their parents are drained of all energy. One day they'll have their own kids and you will smile when you see them handle it all. Best health to all of una.

The article raised a salient point about the style Pep has brought. Michael Cox, who wrote it, is not the run of the mill pandering writer, he knows his onions.

Thanks.

It is what it is. He is lucky to have found the right type of players who happened to be working well together this season. This coincides to a period when some teams (Chelsea and Arsenal) aren't so given to splurging (unlike in the past).

I do not think he has brought any sort of novelty to the league. If he wants be a trailblazer, he should take the players at CP and mold them into Barca beaters like Wigan did to his team a week ago.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

cic old boy wrote:
oloye wrote:And he won jack until he shelled more money. Abeg CIC i dey always enjoy your take on this matter...but this article still talks nonsense. How is he using them now that he did not use them last season? But we know he bought new players to plug where they were leaking last year. The article may wax lyrical about how he is using those players now, but without acknowledging the hefty transfer bills, it is telling the truth by half. Yes he has brought something to the EPL, but it ain't nothing that money cannot buy or fix.
My guy Oloye, let’s not fall for the easy answer of spending without context.

The key players for City this season have been Ederson, Otamendi, KDB, Silva, Aguero and Sterling. Only Ederson was bought by Guardiola of those 5. He spent big on 2 fullbacks – Walker and Mendy. Mendy played about 6 or so games b/4 getting injured. His replacement Delph has made a significant contribution, was not bought by Guardiola and isn’t even a fullback. Walker was an expensive signing. All he offers is pace and energy, but he is practically brainless and his final ball is woeful. I think he cost a lot for 2 reasons – b/c he is English and b/c the price goes up when the Arabs come calling. No way is he a £50m player. So spending big doesn’t necessarily mean buying quality. Other Guardiola signings such as Bernardo Silva and Gundoghan are average players with mixed results in terms of contributions. Sane has grown this season, but he is still work in progress.

Why did Pep win jack last season? There are 2 reasons in my view. The players needed time to take in his methods (as an ex footballer you should know that how they play takes a lot of practice) and he inherited an ageing squad – Yaya, Kolarov, Sagna, Clichy were all past their best.

If spending money explains City’s dominance, then Manure should be almost as dominant. They have spent nearly as much, only to play disjointed and uninspiring football.
:rotf:
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kofi86 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
oloye wrote:And he won jack until he shelled more money. Abeg CIC i dey always enjoy your take on this matter...but this article still talks nonsense. How is he using them now that he did not use them last season? But we know he bought new players to plug where they were leaking last year. The article may wax lyrical about how he is using those players now, but without acknowledging the hefty transfer bills, it is telling the truth by half. Yes he has brought something to the EPL, but it ain't nothing that money cannot buy or fix.

The key players for City this season have been Ederson, Otamendi, KDB, Silva, Aguero and Sterling. Only Ederson was bought by Guardiola of those 5. He spent big on 2 fullbacks – Walker and Mendy. Mendy played about 6 or so games b/4 getting injured. His replacement Delph has made a significant contribution, was not bought by Guardiola and isn’t even a fullback. Walker was an expensive signing. All he offers is pace and energy, but he is practically brainless and his final ball is woeful. I think he cost a lot for 2 reasons – b/c he is English and b/c the price goes up when the Arabs come calling. No way is he a £50m player. So spending big doesn’t necessarily mean buying quality. Other Guardiola signings such as Bernardo Silva and Gundoghan are average players with mixed results in terms of contributions. Sane has grown this season, but he is still work in progress.

Why did Pep win jack last season? There are 2 reasons in my view. The players needed time to take in his methods (as an ex footballer you should know that how they play takes a lot of practice) and he inherited an ageing squad – Yaya, Kolarov, Sagna, Clichy were all past their best.

If spending money explains City’s dominance, then Manure should be almost as dominant. They have spent nearly as much, only to play disjointed and uninspiring football.
You just have to laugh at some of these things :biggrin:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:You want to talk about revolutionising EPL,look no further than Poch and what he is doing with those perenial under achievers on a meagre budget.

I said it and I stand by it. Compare the EPL clubs to Europe's top clubs.
There's spending, and there's spending with a structure and purpose in mind. Most English sides (inc United and Arsenal) have fallen into the trap of spending for the sake of it. Buying players who don't really fit the footballing structure. It's strictly business with these guys. It's successful business of course but if we're talking about pure football, lets not pretend like Pep is doing what he's doing because of just money. Mba. Again I ask you, why isnt United doing it?

You talk of Spurs, sure they're a side with a manager who have a plan, and buy players to fit that plan. There are bigger clubs than them doing worse.

Lastly, you're making an argument without reading Cox's point. His point has nothing to do with money. And please don't talk of Pep's first season, he has adjusted his team's style from then to now.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

More like EPL has revolutionized Pep.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Some of the best football i watched in EPL in recent year was that Liverpool coached by Rodgers in the 2013-2014 season when they came 2nd, that team was playing some amazing football, they were destroying small teams in less than 20mins. A shame the defence wasn't very good.

Then there was the Chelsea side coached by Ancelotti that when he won the title, that was great to watch, it doesn't get mentioned a lot.
Definitely Pep team is playing good football but it's not something I've not seen before in the EPL, even the City side coach by Pellegrini in his first season played great stuff and was banging goals for fun.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kofi86 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

I missed that bit in CIC's statement. Those guys are certainly NOT average. Those are some of the hottest talents in Europe, and were long before the moved to City. They're merely side pieces in Manchester but at other big clubs, they'd be the central piece.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:

There's spending, and there's spending with a structure and purpose in mind. Most English sides (inc United and Arsenal) have fallen into the trap of spending for the sake of it. Buying players who don't really fit the footballing structure. It's strictly business with these guys. It's successful business of course but if we're talking about pure football, lets not pretend like Pep is doing what he's doing because of just money. Mba. Again I ask you, why isnt United doing it?

You talk of Spurs, sure they're a side with a manager who have a plan, and buy players to fit that plan. There are bigger clubs than them doing worse.

Lastly, you're making an argument without reading Cox's point. His point has nothing to do with money. And please don't talk of Pep's first season, he has adjusted his team's style from then to now.
There is no sensible analysis that can be made without factoring thr budget available. The reason because the budget and performance are not exclusive to one another...the reason why clubs with fat wallets are the one sitting atop of league tables around the world.

Revolutionising the EPL is Ranieri doing the unthinkable with Leicester. Cox is free to write it as he sees it from his own angle. Those who disagree are simply saying his analysis pretends as if whatever has changed between this season and last had nothing to do with more spending.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Gerrarra hia wit dis rabbish. Dude has spent $700m on players. Any coach can win with that budget.
The article, which I’m sure you didn’t read, was talking about his use of KDB, Silva and Fernandinho. All were at the club when he arrived.
And he won jack until he shelled more money. Abeg CIC i dey always enjoy your take on this matter...but this article still talks nonsense. How is he using them now that he did not use them last season? But we know he bought new players to plug where they were leaking last year. The article may wax lyrical about how he is using those players now, but without acknowledging the hefty transfer bills, it is telling the truth by half. Yes he has brought something to the EPL, but it ain't nothing that money cannot buy or fix.

Oloye, English clubs are all rich, what's stopping the others from doing similar? Let's not act like it's all about the money. The man is winning without a DM, playing a host of attacking talent all at once, and doing it well. How has money helped Chelsea? Man United?
Oh, what about Arsenal who try playing attacking football with no DM, how great does Arsenal look?

When Pep arrived, read all the threads on this forum, many wanted him to fail so they could brag about how the PL does x and y to managers. He has done to England what he did to Spain and Germany arguably with the worst squad of all three stops.

The money helps but he's facing sides who have deep pockets too. City isnt buying ALL the players in the world and leaving none for the rest. Others have their basket of cash too. Why are they not doing what Pep has done?
Your question should be what's stopping Pep from doing his revolution at West Ham or West Brom, for instance?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anointed wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Gerrarra hia wit dis rabbish. Dude has spent $700m on players. Any coach can win with that budget.
The article, which I’m sure you didn’t read, was talking about his use of KDB, Silva and Fernandinho. All were at the club when he arrived.
And he won jack until he shelled more money. Abeg CIC i dey always enjoy your take on this matter...but this article still talks nonsense. How is he using them now that he did not use them last season? But we know he bought new players to plug where they were leaking last year. The article may wax lyrical about how he is using those players now, but without acknowledging the hefty transfer bills, it is telling the truth by half. Yes he has brought something to the EPL, but it ain't nothing that money cannot buy or fix.

Oloye, English clubs are all rich, what's stopping the others from doing similar? Let's not act like it's all about the money. The man is winning without a DM, playing a host of attacking talent all at once, and doing it well. How has money helped Chelsea? Man United?
Oh, what about Arsenal who try playing attacking football with no DM, how great does Arsenal look?

When Pep arrived, read all the threads on this forum, many wanted him to fail so they could brag about how the PL does x and y to managers. He has done to England what he did to Spain and Germany arguably with the worst squad of all three stops.

The money helps but he's facing sides who have deep pockets too. City isnt buying ALL the players in the world and leaving none for the rest. Others have their basket of cash too. Why are they not doing what Pep has done?
Your question should be what's stopping Pep from doing his revolution at West Ham or West Brom, for instance?

This is the Phil Jackson argument all over again. Oh, he is a rubbish coach, he coached hall of famers, why is he failing in NY, etc etc.

If you can do YOUR job, in your present career, at the highest paying and best company in your field, would you go to some no name company to toil for less fame and wages and less pressure?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:
anointed wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

This is the Phil Jackson argument all over again. Oh, he is a rubbish coach, he coached hall of famers, why is he failing in NY, etc etc.

If you can do YOUR job, in your present career, at the highest paying and best company in your field, would you go to some no name company to toil for less fame and wages and less pressure?
Dont think anyone has called him a rubbish coach ,this is trying push the arguement into a zone it was never intended to visit. The bone of contention is not his competency...it is this whole noise about the extra ordinary things aka revolutionising.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:

There is no sensible analysis that can be made without factoring thr budget available. The reason because the budget and performance are not exclusive to one another...the reason why clubs with fat wallets are the one sitting atop of league tables around the world.

Revolutionising the EPL is Ranieri doing the unthinkable with Leicester. Cox is free to write it as he sees it from his own angle. Those who disagree are simply saying his analysis pretends as if whatever has changed between this season and last had nothing to do with more spending.

But the point Cox made is a purely footballing point and I've not seen anyone here argue about it instead the arguments are about things that have nothing to do with his point.

His point is simple. Pep is winning the league by a country mile, while playing a style that is so steeped with attacking players that it's almost impossible to conceive. THREE front men, THREE midfielders who're all mainly attacking players, two very attacking fullbacks, and then the center back pair. That's essentially 8 outfield players who're VERY attack minded. By all sensible rights, that should be a very imbalanced side. Why isn't it so? That's more the debate to have not talking of money.

CIC made the point about the personnel, all that money he spent is not really playing a central role this season. Pep hesitantly used Bernardo Silva, Gundogan was hurt a lot. Fabian Delph looked like the best LB in the league for stretches. None of that is rocket science, if anything it's annoying that he brought in Silva and then acted as if the Portuguese was a garbage player by never giving him minutes until he had no choice. Guardiola is not perfect but let's address Cox's central point.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
anointed wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Dont think anyone has called him a rubbish coach ,this is trying push the arguement into a zone it was never intended to visit. The bone of contention is not his competency...it is this whole noise about the extra ordinary things aka revolutionising.

What is extra noise though? If anything the noise isnt loud enough. City are walking the league in a time when the financial parity of England's league is greater than ever before. Clubs all have money, scouting is harder now because gems are not easy to find. Nothing is hidden. The competition is greater than ever. There are SEVEN top contenders for the title, and the rest clubs on their day can make life decidedly difficult for the top seven. The PL may not be the purest footballing league in the world but it's got to be the hardest to win by some margin....and City are walking it at record pace AND style. How is that not worthy of acknowledgement?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:

But the point Cox made is a purely footballing point and I've not seen anyone here argue about it instead the arguments are about things that have nothing to do with his point.

His point is simple. Pep is winning the league by a country mile, while playing a style that is so steeped with attacking players that it's almost impossible to conceive. THREE front men, THREE midfielders who're all mainly attacking players, two very attacking fullbacks, and then the center back pair. That's essentially 8 outfield players who're VERY attack minded. By all sensible rights, that should be a very imbalanced side. Why isn't it so? That's more the debate to have not talking of money.

CIC made the point about the personnel, all that money he spent is not really playing a central role this season. Pep hesitantly used Bernardo Silva, Gundogan was hurt a lot. Fabian Delph looked like the best LB in the league for stretches. None of that is rocket science, if anything it's annoying that he brought in Silva and then acted as if the Portuguese was a garbage player by never giving him minutes until he had no choice. Guardiola is not perfect but let's address Cox's central point.
And we are saying Cox is seeing things from a narolrow angle. Take the keeper away from that team and put back Bravo....i leave the rest to you!

I have argued on the side whereby most of the personnel were almost same as last year. To now say he doing something different this year without acknowledging the money spent is not complete analysis.

To say he revolutionising the EPL is stretching a bit.....Wenger treated us to some of the best footie in the EPL until he lost his way..

Cox sees things one way and those arguing against his article are saying mba your analysis aint complete.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:

90% of those who responded did NOT read the article :lol: :lol: :lol: as usual, everyone just digs in their positions.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:

And we are saying Cox is seeing things from a narolrow angle. Take the keeper away from that team and put back Bravo....i leave the rest to you!

I have argued on the side whereby most of the personnel were almost same as last year. To now say he doing something different this year without acknowledging the money spent is not complete analysis.

To say he revolutionising the EPL is stretching a bit.....Wenger treated us to some of the best footie in the EPL until he lost his way..

Cox sees things one way and those arguing against his article are saying mba your analysis aint complete.

Egbon,

He spent on a keeper to rectify an error in judgement when Bravo showed England was a different style from what he could manage. He's not the first to do that. United had TWO Spanish internationals. Liverpool have spent on multiple goalies too albeit at a lesser level (they're currently talking to Allisson and the figures mentioned will smoke what City paid for Ederson). Chelsea have a major goalie between the sticks as well and I bet they'd spend if the need arose. Arsenal has had the chance at goalies and ambled around but that's Arsenal doing daft things and has nothing to do with money. Sure money helped City but they paid PREMIUM for a man they ID'd when others had the chance and didn't buy him. That's not simply money talking there, there's a level of competence that goes along with it.

Why would any side keep personnel the same? Look at Real Madrid who tried it this year, they're paying big time for that lack of evolution. In today's football, you improve relentlessly. We may not like it compared to the old days but this is what it is now.

Wenger's sides played great football! And as Cox pointed out, they did that with balance i.e. midfields that had grafters and some defensive steel. City are doing all this with a host of attacking players. That's the revolution he's talking of. He's not said it's better than what Wenger's sides accomplished (*at least that's not what i got from the piece), and I'm not saying it's better either. It's just far from the traditional way of doing things, THAT is the revolution.

You say the analysis is not complete? Okay, you mentioned Wenger's Arsenal great sides. Let's not forget, those great sides had money behind them too, and scouting. They didnt do that without being one of the league's big spenders/payers.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Getting back to the article. Interesting POV and Micheal Cox knows his marbles. Its quite simple, has anyone else used two No. 10's and a B2B CM for so long in the EPL up to this point with success? I'm trying hard to think of a team and I cant yet. I know that they haven't won the league in a while, but my guess would be Arsenal using Ozil and Santi together with a DM. I think Santi played as a no 10 in 2012. Has this happened on a consistent basis?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

benteke wrote: You just have to laugh at some of these things :biggrin:
Instead of laughing, you may want to watch Gundoghan for City. You can even watch last night's final and count the number of times he gave the ball away. I take back my average comment. He is below average. In mitigation, we can agree that too many injuries have affected him.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

pajimoh wrote:

I chose not to talk the thing you don talk finish. I'd be accused of been biased.

When you spend 300m on defence then you wander do you really make that amount of money as a business?

I would love to see how Pep take an average team and improve their lot, not by buying the best but by coaching them to be the best.

I respect the Monaco coach a lot. No sooner they decided the money way is not for them, they looked in-house and promoted some youth and won the league.

Pep, can spot a decent talent and paying for them is not an issue. That makes his job easier. Yes he can still fail but he's got a better chance of success than someone who just have to make do with the 5th or 6th choice player he was looking to recruit.

Revolution my check book. mssshhheeeww
Poch is a guy I like a lot, but he's the same as the bournemouth coach and the ginger dude that coaches burnley...they've all done well with players that did not cost a ton, but they have not won anything.

Having said that, Spurs fans always jump on the bandwagon of clubs without big budgets but achieving big when its clear that Spurs have actually spent a lot of money. Most of Spurs players are top players that will command a lot in today's transfer market. they have done well with buying players that have been largely ignored and looking to leave their clubs, in contrast to City that go after similar quality but just pay the going rate.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

metalalloy wrote:Getting back to the article. Interesting POV and Micheal Cox knows his marbles. Its quite simple, has anyone else used two No. 10's and a B2B CM for so long in the EPL up to this point with success? I'm trying hard to think of a team and I cant yet. I know that they haven't won the league in a while, but my guess would be Arsenal using Ozil and Santi together with a DM. I think Santi played as a no 10 in 2012. Has this happened on a consistent basis?
The point in all this is to ask if Pep is the first manager in EPL history to use two players in a role that is not their natural position with success.
If this is the first time that a manager has converted two player and succeeded in EPL, then Pep is a revolutionary.