How Guardiola is revolutionizing English football

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How Guardiola is revolutionizing English football

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Are you now color blind? That would be the only explanation why you would failed to see what was clearly highlighted in my response. Perhaps you live in an alternate universe where pep coached chelsea, and they won the title last season playing 3 in the back :D
Yes, actually.

Try to be clear. Being funny isn't for you. :D
It doesn't mean he revolutionized anything. Last season, Chelsea were the runaway team. They did not revolutionize jack to be winners.
the quote specifically talked about "last season" "chelsea" and "winning"

If Pep is what you deduce after reading all that, being "color blind" is the least of your problems :taunt:
So you think Pep invented three at the back? This guy! :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i give up on you.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

balo wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Are you now color blind? That would be the only explanation why you would failed to see what was clearly highlighted in my response. Perhaps you live in an alternate universe where pep coached chelsea, and they won the title last season playing 3 in the back :D
Yes, actually.

It doesn't mean he revolutionized anything. Last season, Chelsea were the runaway team. They did not revolutionize jack to be winners.

If Pep is what you deduce after reading all that, being "color blind" is the least of your problems :taunt:

http://www.lmgt.com/?q=what+is+the+diff ... tionize%22+

I think Conte "invented" 3 at the back. Says Metalalloy
Please don't "think" too hard. We wouldn't want you to hurt yourself. :lol:

After you learn the difference between "invent" and "revolutionize," keeping in mind the topic being discussed, then answer the following:

Before Conte's arrival, how many teams in the EPL played with three in the back on a consistent basis?
After his arrival and this season, how many team in the EPL play with three in the back?

This one is difficulty level "easy".

Here is some light reading for you
This is a significant revolution: No Premier League champion has ever used a three-man defence on a regular basis, and the system had essentially died out around five years ago. There's been a brief resurgence since, but it was incredible to see, two weekends ago, no fewer than eight of the 20 Premier League sides using a back three.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/chelsea ... an-defence
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ble-forma/
https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2017/1/ ... te-chelsea

Feel free to keep on making up quotes on what Metalalloy "thinks" . Perhaps i wrote all those articles above back in 2017 in anticipation of this debate :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

balo wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
balo wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
balo wrote:He couldn't revolutionize against Wigan. Just saying!
Squabble not 4ble!
But they revolutionized against the vast majority of the teams they played so far this season and are 16 points clear and a trophy in the bag. Just saying.

This season, a lot of things fell favorably for Pep.

Liverpool with defensive woes.
Man U with injury woes
Chelsea - penny-pinching and a knuckle-head coach
Arsenal - lost the plot with Wenger
Man C - buying right.
SPURS - Injuries (Wanyama and Alderw....)

Remove all the indices above and the league becomes tighter. I am not saying Pep is a bad coach, but he didn't revo anything.
Chelsea were the run away leaders last year because with no champions league football they only had to focus on the league.

The rest of the excuses you listed aren't Pep and Man City's problems. They have been the best team so far this campaign and the league table proves it.

Pep is such a revolutionary, he wasn't part of the EPL last season.
He should be winning the EPL for the next few seasons until he moves on.
Unless Wigan makes it to the EPL.
Good for Wigan, bad for the rest of the league.

16 points clear, remember that.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

metalalloy wrote:
balo wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yes, actually.

http://www.lmgt.com/?q=what+is+the+diff ... tionize%22+

Please don't "think" too hard. We wouldn't want you to hurt yourself. :lol:

After you learn the difference between "invent" and "revolutionize," keeping in mind the topic being discussed, then answer the following:

Before Conte's arrival, how many teams in the EPL played with three in the back on a consistent basis?
After his arrival and this season, how many team in the EPL play with three in the back?

This one is difficulty level "easy".

Here is some light reading for you
This is a significant revolution: No Premier League champion has ever used a three-man defence on a regular basis, and the system had essentially died out around five years ago. There's been a brief resurgence since, but it was incredible to see, two weekends ago, no fewer than eight of the 20 Premier League sides using a back three.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/chelsea ... an-defence
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ble-forma/
https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2017/1/ ... te-chelsea

Feel free to keep on making up quote that Metalalloy "thinks" . Perhaps i wrote all those articles above back in 2017 in anticipation of this debate :lol:

Necessity is the mother of invention. After Conte got black-eyed by Wenger and Klopp (2 weeks in a row), he had to dig deep to avoid being punched around and tried a "dying system" in the EPL which worked. Conte got the credit, but not the players who busted their behinds to make that system work for them.

He had under his tutelage, the players that won the league 2 seasons prior to him becoming Chelsea coach. Winners all of them.

That revolution died a quick death this season for Conte himself. Then he tried to "revolutionize" the 3-5-2 which so far has been a failure. A trial-by-error revolution without much of a backbone.

If tomorrow, he goes back to Chelsea's former 4-3-3, some of you will say he revolutionize the system.
Maybe he should ask Moringho for tips on how to "revolutionize" the use of in-match subs.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Kaiser1
Egg
Egg

Post by Kaiser1 »

How many records will be standing by season end

Highest point ever?
Highest goals scored
Highest goal difference?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

City are currently "revolutionizing" the arse of the Arse.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Kaiser1 wrote:How many records will be standing by season end

Highest point ever?
Highest goals scored
Highest goal difference?
The season isn't over yet.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

balo wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yes, actually.

Not even the Tin Man knows what he's saying. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

charlie wrote:Any coach can win big trophies if they have a blank check to buy the best players in the world.
Always funny when I hear people say this. Yes he has spent his way to this victory but lets keep in mind that Mourinho has spent only 80mil (net) less than Pep but look and the golf in football and dominance.

I say only 80 mil because in today's market, 80 mil is 1 player max 2 and United are definitely not 2 players away from being as dominate as City.

For years I have always said what barca and Madrid do in la liga can be done in the EPL but the tfcos and EPL fanboys said nonsense, arguing that la liga is just useless well now they are seeing the light.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

cic old boy wrote:City are currently "revolutionizing" the arse of the Arse.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

cic old boy wrote:City are currently "revolutionizing" the arse of the Arse.

Wenger already revolutionized that.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ask Waffi if you don't believe me. He has stats to prove it. Where was Pep when Wenger determined that 10 field players and a GK are required to play effective football?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

bonecrusher wrote:
charlie wrote:Any coach can win big trophies if they have a blank check to buy the best players in the world.
Always funny when I hear people say this. Yes he has spent his way to this victory but lets keep in mind that Mourinho has spent only 80mil (net) less than Pep but look and the golf in football and dominance.

I say only 80 mil because in today's market, 80 mil is 1 player max 2 and United are definitely not 2 players away from being as dominate as City.

For years I have always said what barca and Madrid do in la liga can be done in the EPL but the tfcos and EPL fanboys said nonsense, arguing that la liga is just useless well now they are seeing the light.

Other than Leicester (major kudos to Leicester management and Ranieri btw,...oh and Maurizo Sarri in Napoli...major kudos), money buys you trophies in Europe.
Feel free to prove me wrong.

When Guardiola eventually gets fired and decides to coach Wigan, and takes them to a champions league quarter final (forget final self), then I will throway salut.
Till then,...Meh!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
balo wrote:He couldn't revolutionize against Wigan. Just saying!
Squabble not 4ble!
But they revolutionized against the vast majority of the teams they played so far this season and are 16 points clear and a trophy in the bag. Just saying.
When he had similar lead in Germany and Spain, was he also revolutionizing the Bundesliga & La Liga?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

bonecrusher wrote:

So, where and when did Barca and Madrid do what they did in La Liga in the EPL or are you saying Pep = Barca? And if Pep = Barca, who is Madrid? Jose or Ancelloti?

And, are you also saying that going by your logic, Man City can also do this 16 points gap in Spain with Pep?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

When you can beat a useless club like Arsenal senseless with toothpick in your mouth, of course you will be seen as a revolutionary!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

[/video]

[/video]
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

anointed wrote:
bonecrusher wrote:

So, where and when did Barca and Madrid do what they did in La Liga in the EPL or are you saying Pep = Barca? And if Pep = Barca, who is Madrid? Jose or Ancelloti?

And, are you also saying that going by your logic, Man City can also do this 16 points gap in Spain with Pep?
That should mean Conte is Juventus and Serie A came and wiped the floor with EPL last season, title was all but wrapped up with many games to go :biggrin:
Kaiser1
Egg
Egg

Post by Kaiser1 »

bonecrusher wrote:Always funny when I hear people say this. Yes he has spent his way to this victory but lets keep in mind that Mourinho has spent only 80mil (net) less than Pep but look and the golf in football and dominance.

City is doing it without Messi Xavi and Iniesta. Imagine if they had Messi alone
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Can some one tell me how many points max has any team had in EPL win crown Champs?

Also the highest points gap to second place?

Did Jose in one of his forst two season that he won EPL get 100 points?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

kajifu wrote:Can some one tell me how many points max has any team had in EPL win crown Champs?

I think the highest points total was 95 points and that was Chelsea during the 04/05 season.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

All I will state is that Ayoakinfe has not come across this thread just yet. I thought that Ayo was the guy who invented the back three since 15 years or so ago. So does that mean he is better than the EPL coaches?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:Can some one tell me how many points max has any team had in EPL win crown Champs?

Jose smashed a couple of EPL records in his first season.

Let us list them here:

Most away wins in a season (15)

Most clean sheets kept in a season (25).

Fewest goals conceded away in a season (9).

Most wins in a season (29).

Most consecutive away wins (9).

Fewest goals conceded in a season (15).

Most points in a season (95).

Pep will also break some records on his second attempt at EPL, but such breaking of records will be nothing new as we've seen Chelsea do it before.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I await this summer's transfer window with abated breath. What will he buy this time and how much??
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8