What's going on with Iwobi...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
What's going on with Iwobi...

Post by Tobi17 »

Guys something isn't right with our boy Iwobi, part of me feels his confidence has been shattered to a point where he might need someone of good authority like JJ to give him a pep talk. I watched him today against Brighton, and my God he was shocking, I know the entire Arsenal team is in shambles at the moment, but there has been absolutely no redeeming quality in Iwobis game for quite some time now... Arsenal fans pretty much conclude he isnt just good enough, but I boldly denounce that cause the Iwobi that turned up for Nigeria when it mattered most can't just be dismissed as not good enough, that Nigeria is in the world cup is because of his crucial goal against a Zambian team that had us on the back rope of fear. I think he needs a loan move from the toxic system in Arsenal and rediscover his form, could care less if he goes to a championship level team, we really need him in top gear form cause he is one of our most important players right now as much as we won't admit it... I'm surprised nobody talks about our players situation, all I see here are threads about EPL teams that are inconsequential to the growth of Nigerian football, just sad.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: What's going on with Iwobi...

Post by 1naija »

Weed smokers full this board o.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote:Weed smokers full this board o.
So discussing Nigerian football means I smoke weed, you have to know when to stop making hollow/lame jokes just to appear funny.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Weed doesn’t make u write rubbish like that, dude is on crack!
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Nothing is wrong with the poor boy. I just hope Arsenal can sort out their nonsense before it drags in the poor poor and sap his confidence. The rubbish going on in that club will affect all the players one way or the other. I hope Rohr is in touch with him to encourage him to keep his chin up before that yeye club drag our boy down.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

oloye wrote:Nothing is wrong with the poor boy. I just hope Arsenal can sort out their nonsense before it drags in the poor poor and sap his confidence.
Boss it already has, you need to see how thier fans scapegoat him for every bad turn they get.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Maybe I follow am dey smoke the crack. But his game is just like the rest of his teammates, uninspiring. The one and half games I watched I was, what is going on with the dude. Not close to being the same player when he was a fringe player.

That being said, hard for me to point to any Arsenal player that is playing well.

Even their new additions seem to be a shadow of themselves.

But then again, they say it is not the manager.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Tobi17 wrote:
oloye wrote:Nothing is wrong with the poor boy. I just hope Arsenal can sort out their nonsense before it drags in the poor poor and sap his confidence.
Boss it already has, you need to see how thier fans scapegoat him for every bad turn they get.
If Rohr is monitoring the events ,this is the time to give him a call of encouragement.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

At least it's just crack, your case is worse... They have traded your brain, psyche, and cognition for amala and gbegiri at some waterside in Ijebu ode, better go back to your village to sort your matter out.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Remember the thread on Assou-Ekotto picking on Mbappe?

Now, imagine both Assou-Ekotto and Moukandjp picking on Mbappe?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I mean I must be on some good kush to think something seems off about the boy, he seems to be deteriorating each game time.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:I mean I must be on some good kush to think something seems off about the boy, he seems to be deteriorating each game time.

The whole team is off Mr Genius of Gombe! Dang....smdh.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Tobi17 wrote:Guys something isn't right with our boy Iwobi, part of me feels his confidence has been shattered to a point where he might need someone of good authority like JJ to give him a pep talk. I watched him today against Brighton, and my God he was shocking, I know the entire Arsenal team is in shambles at the moment, but there has been absolutely no redeeming quality in Iwobis game for quite some time now... Arsenal fans pretty much conclude he isnt just good enough, but I boldly denounce that cause the Iwobi that turned up for Nigeria when it mattered most can't just be dismissed as not good enough, that Nigeria is in the world cup is because of his crucial goal against a Zambian team that had us on the back rope of fear. I think he needs a loan move from the toxic system in Arsenal and rediscover his form, could care less if he goes to a championship level team, we really need him in top gear form cause he is one of our most important players right now as much as we won't admit it... I'm surprised nobody talks about our players situation, all I see here are threads about EPL teams that are inconsequential to the growth of Nigerian football, just sad.
I don’t expect to be popular for saying this, but Iwobi has been poor for months now. Even when Arsenal were playing well earlier in the season....
To God be the glory
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Skylolo wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Guys something isn't right with our boy Iwobi, part of me feels his confidence has been shattered to a point where he might need someone of good authority like JJ to give him a pep talk. I watched him today against Brighton, and my God he was shocking, I know the entire Arsenal team is in shambles at the moment, but there has been absolutely no redeeming quality in Iwobis game for quite some time now... Arsenal fans pretty much conclude he isnt just good enough, but I boldly denounce that cause the Iwobi that turned up for Nigeria when it mattered most can't just be dismissed as not good enough, that Nigeria is in the world cup is because of his crucial goal against a Zambian team that had us on the back rope of fear. I think he needs a loan move from the toxic system in Arsenal and rediscover his form, could care less if he goes to a championship level team, we really need him in top gear form cause he is one of our most important players right now as much as we won't admit it... I'm surprised nobody talks about our players situation, all I see here are threads about EPL teams that are inconsequential to the growth of Nigerian football, just sad.
I don’t expect to be popular for saying this, but Iwobi has been poor for months now. Even when Arsenal were playing well earlier in the season....
Very true, but hopefully he’s a different player for the SE. Cuz his uselessness at club level is almost unbearable to watch, and worst thing in this game he added a bad habit of losing the ball in dangerous areas. He better not try that nonsense with SE. I’ve said it before, the likes of Iwobi would not even sniff the bench of any top 4 team in any of the top leagues. Y’all keep praying for Arsene to be out but our boy will likely suffer the most if that happens as Wenger has taken a liking to him.
Last edited by maceo4 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The last time Iwobi had a dry patch, it transferred to his performance in the GWG. However, Simon Moses stepped up and ultimately he had to tussle for a starting spot.

Iwobi's game is based on movement and confidence and Arsenal's dip in form is rubbing off on him. I hope for his sake that he comes good but we have cover in his position.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...everything is wrong with the club, but when you are one of the shining stars of the past matches you'll be picked on.
Even Moses is piss poor at his club too. One shot he shanked into the stands, I was like I hope he never do such thing for SE in Russia.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Said it last year. He is stagnating...

Come to LFC son; Klopp will make a proper footballer of ya... :winking:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote:...everything is wrong with the club, but when you are one of the shining stars of the past matches you'll be picked on.
Even Moses is piss poor at his club too. One shot he shanked into the stands, I was like I hope he never do such thing for SE in Russia.
Same Moses that was one of the best Chelsea players vs Barcelona? He might not be playing the best offensively but he’s been doing well defending...but hey he plays as a defender for club and will have more freedom for country.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

What does he do really well? What skills has he mastered? If you watched him as a neutral football fan, how would you describe his strengths?
What do fans/players/coaches of other teams say/fear most about him?
Bepanda
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

I love the guy by default, but something is obviously wrong now that may affect his development and ability to reach full potential. Maybe the pressures of playing for Arsenal and a childhood club he is a big fan of as well doesn’t help. He may need to man up and leave the nest, go to Bundesliga, Calcio or Ligue 1? Take on responsibility for a team like his uncle did. Not just tag along in an underperforming, pressure-cooker arsenal team. To be honest Wenger has really tried for him. In my opinion still, hardly any other team in premiership suits his playing style more than Arsenal, except maybe West Ham. But I still prefer he leaves England.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Its harder for young players to resist the negativity in the dressing room. Iwobi is simply lacking confidence in himself now. Its not just him, its the entire Arsenal squad. Even reknowned world class strikers like Aubameyang or Ozil are seriously dipping in form.

There is nothing wrong with him. As has been said by others, now is a good time for more experienced heads that care for him to call him up and help him re-instill his confidence. He needs a good run in an international friendly in the coming weeks to prop up his confidence.

But the bottom line is that the Arsenal coaching staff must go so the dressing room can start afresh with a fresh voice.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bepanda wrote:What does he do really well? What skills has he mastered? If you watched him as a neutral football fan, how would you describe his strengths?
What do fans/players/coaches of other teams say/fear most about him?
Bepanda
He has a great first touch, good movement, and plays good one touch footie, but outside of that he doesn't have a great shot, not really a good dribbler. He's a decent passer and crosser of the ball and has a good footballing brain. I hear he's also eager to learn which might endear him to the coach, but at this point he's probably a mid to lower table player so I pray Arsene stays so he can continue working on him, next coach might get rid of him. That said, at the level of SE he's one of our better players and will gets lots of chances at the world cup.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:Nothing is wrong with the poor boy. I just hope Arsenal can sort out their nonsense before it drags in the poor poor and sap his confidence. The rubbish going on in that club will affect all the players one way or the other. I hope Rohr is in touch with him to encourage him to keep his chin up before that yeye club drag our boy down.

Wenger is destroying the poor boy. Thank God Ndidi didn't join Arsenal like Oga Plat dem wanted him to do...Wenger would have converted him to an even poorer Coq.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."