Uzoho updates and highlights

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uzoho updates and highlights

Post by bret- hart »

Maceo4 Ondoa keeps for Sevillia team b who play in the spanish 2nd division.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

bret- hart wrote:Akpeyis agents don full ground. :laugh:
Bros, you know 95% of the forum, and honest football observers can't stand Akpeyi (as far as the SE shirt is concerned). He is not National team material.

We however need to honestly and diligently track the performance of those we are considering.

After Vince retired, and Ikeme got injured, I was shouting on here that we had better keepers (on paper) than the 3 in camp (Alampasu, Akpeyi & Ezenwa) and Uzoho was one of those I mentioned, based on his progress with Aspire and then Deportivo. He seemed more deserving of a callup than Alampasu.

Now that he has been capped and is on the radar for the WC, we should track his performance.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote:Maceo4 Ondoa keeps for Sevillia team b who play in the spanish 2nd division.
But lets be real, Uzoho is playing in Segunda Division B which is 3rd division....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Maceo4 Ondoa keeps for Sevillia team b who play in the spanish 2nd division.
But lets be real, Uzoho is playing in Segunda Division B which is 3rd division....
They just got promoted and they're currently dead last in the second division and he's only played 2 games this season
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
They just got promoted and they're currently dead last in the second division and he's only played 2 games this season
So you are fine with a 3rd division goalie and these so called 'highlights'? I'm sorry but no serious WC team would be, but hey God dey :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
So you are fine with a 3rd division goalie and these so called 'highlights'? I'm sorry but no serious WC team would be, but hey God dey :thumbs:
We don't have anything better for now. Besides he has shown that he's able to step up to the main team twice this season.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

walesvilla wrote:lets face it Nigeria never had a world class keeper going into world cups – what we always had was just above average goalie ( Ike, Rufia and Eneyema ) Ikeme could have been our 1st above average keeper going into a WCup but nothing we can do regarding His current situation

All the handler need to do is to get Ezenwa and Uzoho up to same average level and then concentrate on the team’s strong points to cover our weakness area. Brazil never had world class keeper yet they do well at world cups – and cover their goalie as much as possible.
So Enyeama is just above average and Ikeme is above average? Are you trying to somehow suggest that Ikeme (no disrespect meant to him) playing in the English championship is a better goalie than a French league, Champions league level player like Enyeama?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
We don't have anything better for now. Besides he has shown that he's able to step up to the main team twice this season.
So why is he down in division 3? You are really trying to rationalize something that makes no sense. He was used in 2 games because of a CRISIS at the club, he's not even good enough to be a back-up goalie for the first team, he's their 3rd division youth goalie. We simply can't be looking to him as our starting keeper at the world cup. It shouldn't even be a rational idea to have, if we are out of contention by the 3rd game then we can definitely use him to get more experience. But it has to be an Ezenwa or Ajiboye, the level this boy is on is way too low...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
So why is he down in division 3? You are really trying to rationalize something that makes no sense. He was used in 2 games because of a CRISIS at the club, he's not even good enough to be a back-up goalie for the first team, he's their 3rd division youth goalie. We simply can't be looking to him as our starting keeper at the world cup. It shouldn't even be a rational idea to have, if we are out of contention by the 3rd game then we can definitely use him to get more experience. But it has to be an Ezenwa or Ajiboye, the level this boy is on is way too low...
No. The point is that he stepped up twice and didn't look out of place. Presumable they're keeping him in the third division rather than having him on the bench because it's better for him to play weekly at this age while he's still learning. His team is up there in the third division and they'll be in the 2nd division next year.

He's not rushing out leg first into strikers and flapping at crosses like Ezenwa and Ajiboye.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

niyi wrote:
walesvilla wrote:lets face it Nigeria never had a world class keeper going into world cups – what we always had was just above average goalie ( Ike, Rufia and Eneyema ) Ikeme could have been our 1st above average keeper going into a WCup but nothing we can do regarding His current situation

All the handler need to do is to get Ezenwa and Uzoho up to same average level and then concentrate on the team’s strong points to cover our weakness area. Brazil never had world class keeper yet they do well at world cups – and cover their goalie as much as possible.
So Enyeama is just above average and Ikeme is above average? Are you trying to somehow suggest that Ikeme (no disrespect meant to him) playing in the English championship is a better goalie than a French league, Champions league level player like Enyeama?
Yes. And he was before the last WC too. I said it on these pages, but we took Agbim!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The dude wasn’t fazed in the Argentina and had an air of assuredness about him even for his age. Anyway we will get another chance to see him up close in the friendlies. His current league standing might just prove to be insignificant in the grand scheme of things. If he has a good WC, he will most definitely be going to a top club in one of the elite leagues.

We all had our reservations about Ezenwa before the Cameroon back to back games, so let’s see how the boy does. He might exceed expectations and grab the opportunity with both hands (no pun intended)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
No. The point is that he stepped up twice and didn't look out of place. Presumable they're keeping him in the third division rather than having him on the bench because it's better for him to play weekly at this age while he's still learning. His team is up there in the third division and they'll be in the 2nd division next year.

He's not rushing out leg first into strikers and flapping at crosses like Ezenwa and Ajiboye.
You are making assumptions, the only facts are he is not with the first team and was only used during a crisis and then promptly returned to the 3rd division once the main and back up goalies returned (and he DID flap at crosses during those first team games - the highlights from those games are online). What is clear is he is seen as one for the FUTURE by his club, so I don't see the need to rush him to be a starter at this world cup. Ezenwa and Ajiboye (I can't believe i'm defending them - God dey) are much more seasoned and most likely the more ready of our GK's. This boy has a looooooong way to go, and we shouldn't rush him unnecessarily. We'll see what Rohr does, but these videos do nothing to help his case...
Last edited by maceo4 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

truetalk wrote:
niyi wrote:

Yes. And he was before the last WC too. I said it on these pages, but we took Agbim!
I am sorry but this is disrespectful to both players and false. Enyeama was in the french team of the season in 2014 but Ikeme playing in the English third division that season. This new narrative you guys are pushing is very disrespectful. Ikeme is good but Enyeama, at his best, was a World class goalie!
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
truetalk wrote:
niyi wrote:

I am sorry but this is disrespectful to both players and false. Enyeama was in the french team of the season in 2014 but Ikeme playing in the English third division that season. This new narrative you guys are pushing is very disrespectful. Ikeme is good but Enyeama, at his best, was a World class goalie!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you are the one minding them...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Mr Shows wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Against world class strikers like Aguero and Messi, there is no hiding place..
i do not fear the known its the unknowns that scares me most.

And Playing country is completely different to playing for club – if it was same Messi should have won the World cup at least twice now – and Ozil nothing
Walevilla, it was Magnet that kept the scoreline respectable in the last WC encounter with Argentina... Any half baked goalie will be exposed against world class fire power.. Right now our best option (Ezenwa) is quite jittery. A great shot stopper but his timing and positional sense is still a bit short of the mark.

Anyway Rohr will know what to do.. Hopefully he will make the right call.
... not only in the last WC, even in the 2010 WC, else we would have been embarrassed beyond mention.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ikeme better than Enyeama? Have you guys forgotten that without him Messi would have scored 7 against us? I actually think he's the best Naija goalkeeper that I have ever seen live.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Odas wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Against world class strikers like Aguero and Messi, there is no hiding place..

And Playing country is completely different to playing for club – if it was same Messi should have won the World cup at least twice now – and Ozil nothing
Walevilla, it was Magnet that kept the scoreline respectable in the last WC encounter with Argentina... Any half baked goalie will be exposed against world class fire power.. Right now our best option (Ezenwa) is quite jittery. A great shot stopper but his timing and positional sense is still a bit short of the mark.

... not only in the last WC, even in the 2010 WC, else we would have been embarrassed beyond mention.
Thank God I go to these games. In 2010, between Taye Taiwo, Osaze & Martins, we had about as many chances to take that game as Argentina. Vince was good, but let in a soft goal vs Korea, which along with the likes of Kaita's madness & Yakubu's miss, buried our chances of advancing. The team was actually very competitive, despite the most corrupt NFF in history, and injuries to key players like Mikel and Ike Uche. But Vince was Vince in 2010. Good saves and soft goals.

Ikeme in 2011 put up an outstanding series of games that took Boro from the middle of the table to 2nd place in the championship. There was even a writeup about England prospects at the time. That was when I first knew of him. Then he got injured again, and returned to Wolves.
Bringing up Wolves lone season in the 3rd division is as relevant as saying at about the time Carl was getting a breakthrough, Vince was warming the bench in France, & had to make his way back to Israel to regroup.

I will call it as I see it. Enyeama's performance in the 2013 CAN was probably the best from a Nigerian keeper in a tournament. You can argue for Rufai in 1984 and 1988, but we won in 2013. Carl cannot clean Vince's boot as far as National team career is concerned. He has not even represented us in a tournament. But if I start counting the number of soft goals Vince has let in for the SE, it will be as if I have an agenda. Remember peeps here used to call him Enyeamayama & all sorts.

Vince might be the greatest Nigerian National keeper ever, wrt caps & longevity, but Carl Ikeme is a better keeper, & Vince at his prime was not as good as the Peter Rufai of 1984 - 88.

As an aside: Argentina has beaten us everytime (by a single goal margin) we have met in the WC, so I should have no mouth to talk, but the only time they have dominated us was the 2002 WC, when we went without 6 starters, so all this talk of someone saving us from disgrace is absolute rubbish. They also know that Nigeria never sits back against them.
Last edited by truetalk on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

truetalk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

Thank God I go to these games. In 2010, between Taye Taiwo, Osaze & Martins, we had about as many chances to take that game as Argentina. Vince was good, but let in a soft goal vs Korea, which along with the likes of Kaita madness & Yakubu's miss, buried our chances of advancing. The team was actually very competitive, despite the most corrupt NFF in history, and injuries to key players like Mikel and Ike Uche. But Vince was Vince in 2010. Good saves and soft goals.

Ikeme in 2011 put up an outstanding series of games that took Boro from the middle of the table to 2nd place in the championship. There was even a writeup about England prospects at the time. That was when I first knew of him. Then he got injured again, and returned to Wolves.
Bringing up Wolves lone season in the 3rd division is as relevant as saying at about the time Carl was getting a breakthrough, Vince was warming the bench in France, & had to make his way back to Israel to regroup.

I will call it as I see it. Enyeama's performance in the 2013 CAN was probably the best from a Nigerian keeper in a tournament. You can argue for Rufai in 1984 and 1988, but we won in 2013. Carl cannot clean Vince's boot as far as National team career is concerned. HE has not even represented us in a tournament. But if I start counting the number of soft goals Vince has let in for the SE, it will be as if I have an agenda. Remember peeps here used to call him Enyeamayama & all sorts.

Vince might be the greatest Nigerian National keeper ever, caps & longevity, but Carl Ikeme is a better keeper, & Vince at his prime was not as good as the Peter Rufai of 1984 - 88.
My brother I am not going to argue with you anymore. This is new territory as far as pointless arguments go.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

niyi wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

Thank God I go to these games. In 2010, between Taye Taiwo, Osaze & Martins, we had about as many chances to take that game as Argentina. Vince was good, but let in a soft goal vs Korea, which along with the likes of Kaita madness & Yakubu's miss, buried our chances of advancing. The team was actually very competitive, despite the most corrupt NFF in history, and injuries to key players like Mikel and Ike Uche. But Vince was Vince in 2010. Good saves and soft goals.

I will call it as I see it. Enyeama's performance in the 2013 CAN was probably the best from a Nigerian keeper in a tournament. You can argue for Rufai in 1984 and 1988, but we won in 2013. Carl cannot clean Vince's boot as far as National team career is concerned. HE has not even represented us in a tournament. But if I start counting the number of soft goals Vince has let in for the SE, it will be as if I have an agenda. Remember peeps here used to call him Enyeamayama & all sorts.

Vince might be the greatest Nigerian National keeper ever, caps & longevity, but Carl Ikeme is a better keeper, & Vince at his prime was not as good as the Peter Rufai of 1984 - 88.
My brother I am not going to argue with you anymore. This is new territory as far as pointless arguments go.
Glad you learned something, You're welcome.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

truetalk wrote:
niyi wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

truetalk wrote:
niyi wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

well done :clap:
niyi back to bed
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

walesvilla wrote: well done :clap:
niyi back to bed
I'm almost certain you guys are trolling.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We definitely have a goal keeping crisis.