What's going on with Iwobi...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What's going on with Iwobi...

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

txj wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
1naija wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Iwobi is being played out of position ( both at Arsenal and for SE) as a wide player .... he is a #10. While he might have flashes on the wing he is still very inconsistent because it’s not a position that fits him the best ... if he can’t get that at Arsenal he needs to go somewhere else where his game can flourish at that position

:clap: :clap: I like the way our players positions evolve based on their performance. When Kanu's Juju man was making him score from every tight corner on the pitch for Arsenal he was a top striker. When he refused to pay his juju man and the goals dried out he became a support striker.

When Iwobi was scoring back and forth for Arsenal and Nigeria he was played in the right position, now he is played out of position.

Ideye was once a striker, now he is a holding forward at Malaga ...i.e holding for another striker to come and score. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Bushman :taunt: :taunt: the travails of Victor Moses should be a clear example of how good players struggle when used wrongly by coaches .... I remember both Keshi (bless his soul ) and Brendan Rogers both decided to play Vic Mo in the hole behind the striker .

The poor Lad seemed destined for the Qatari or Indian League ... but when Conte decided to put a round peg in a round hole albeit with more defensive duties look how far VM has been able to bounce back. Many non Nigerian Chelshyt fans are shocked at his ability.

So if I’m AI’s family and agent, the sooner they find a club and a decent coach willing to use him in the proper way the better ... his football life should begin and end at Arsenal.

He has far too much talent and ability to be playing the way he currently is

All he needs to do is follow the trail of the Ox. :winking:

I hope you were watching this past weekend
wetin Ox do wey una no gree us hia word again? Is he the new Coutinho, abi na Gerrard?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
1naija wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Iwobi is being played out of position ( both at Arsenal and for SE) as a wide player .... he is a #10. While he might have flashes on the wing he is still very inconsistent because it’s not a position that fits him the best ... if he can’t get that at Arsenal he needs to go somewhere else where his game can flourish at that position

:clap: :clap: I like the way our players positions evolve based on their performance. When Kanu's Juju man was making him score from every tight corner on the pitch for Arsenal he was a top striker. When he refused to pay his juju man and the goals dried out he became a support striker.

When Iwobi was scoring back and forth for Arsenal and Nigeria he was played in the right position, now he is played out of position.

Ideye was once a striker, now he is a holding forward at Malaga ...i.e holding for another striker to come and score. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Bushman :taunt: :taunt: the travails of Victor Moses should be a clear example of how good players struggle when used wrongly by coaches .... I remember both Keshi (bless his soul ) and Brendan Rogers both decided to play Vic Mo in the hole behind the striker .

The poor Lad seemed destined for the Qatari or Indian League ... but when Conte decided to put a round peg in a round hole albeit with more defensive duties look how far VM has been able to bounce back. Many non Nigerian Chelshyt fans are shocked at his ability.

So if I’m AI’s family and agent, the sooner they find a club and a decent coach willing to use him in the proper way the better ... his football life should begin and end at Arsenal.

wetin Ox do wey una no gree us hia word again? Is he the new Coutinho, abi na Gerrard?
He's just playing better than any Arsenal midfielder, that's all. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

anikulapo wrote:Bushman :taunt: :taunt: the travails of Victor Moses should be a clear example of how good players struggle when used wrongly by coaches .... I remember both Keshi (bless his soul ) and Brendan Rogers both decided to play Vic Mo in the hole behind the striker .

The poor Lad seemed destined for the Qatari or Indian League ...but when Conte decided to put a round peg in a round hole albeit with more defensive duties look how far VM has been able to bounce back. Many non Nigerian Chelshyt fans are shocked at his ability.

...and which basement-tier league was he headed to when he was “playing” (to use the term liberally) out wide at Stoke City and West Ham?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
1naija wrote:

He's just playing better than any Arsenal midfielder, that's all. :D
that's not hard to do. Me self can play better than Arsenal midfielders like Xhaka, Ramsey, etc. That's a low bar.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

he is off his meds
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Alex is not being played out of position, he plays as an AML/AMC/AMR same position he plays for Nigeria....same as Ozil and Mikhi. the whole team are struggling from cech to Auba.

Things will improve whether Arsene stays for one more season or Low comes in after the world cup.

You will see that for the SE Alex will struggle initially but once, the weight of the season is off his shoulders, he will be a different player....

Everyone at Arsenal right now is low on confidence and it shows even in training.......

the boy is only in his early 20's and the partying rubbish earlier in the season affected him badly. I am sure he has learnt his lesson and will watch who he hangs around with if he wants to go far.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Gotti wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Bushman :taunt: :taunt: the travails of Victor Moses should be a clear example of how good players struggle when used wrongly by coaches .... I remember both Keshi (bless his soul ) and Brendan Rogers both decided to play Vic Mo in the hole behind the striker .

The poor Lad seemed destined for the Qatari or Indian League ...but when Conte decided to put a round peg in a round hole albeit with more defensive duties look how far VM has been able to bounce back. Many non Nigerian Chelshyt fans are shocked at his ability.

...and which basement-tier league was he headed to when he was “playing” (to use the term liberally) out wide at Stoke City and West Ham?

Maybe if you watched more and stopped looking at stats you would have seen how many games he actually played and how well he performed when “healthy” there but nah keep arguing with yourself :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

anikulapo wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Maybe if you watched more and stopped looking at stats you would have seen how many games he actually played and how well he performed when “healthy” there but nah keep arguing with yourself :roll:
And maybe if you manage to extricate your head from your arse-nal...
You will learn that he played as many games at Stoke as at Liverpool and even more at West Ham.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Taken from the Guardian's round up of the weekend's games...
1) Iwobi missing something vital in his make up

It always feels unfair to single out a young player, not least one who seems with each performance these days to become a one-man Arsenal social media event, a living banter-meme. Just check out Alex Iwobi on Twitter the next time Arsenal are playing – and hope he never makes the mistake of searching his own name.

But watching him against Watford it was tempting to wonder about stalled progress, and a comfort zone at the wrong moment in his career. He has been more productive since Christmas, has made an effort to make more decisive forward runs.

But he remains a strange footballer, a creative midfielder who seems to be always shuttling in vaguely the right area, but who somehow ends up doing very little actual creating. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has shown the fruits of moving on to develop. Iwobi still seems unsure of his place in the pecking order, too mannered to have any real sharp edges, and in danger of becoming a poster boy for late-Wenger drift. Barney Ronay
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... end-action
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

The YeyeMan wrote:Taken from the Guardian's round up of the weekend's games...
1) Iwobi missing something vital in his make up

It always feels unfair to single out a young player, not least one who seems with each performance these days to become a one-man Arsenal social media event, a living banter-meme. Just check out Alex Iwobi on Twitter the next time Arsenal are playing – and hope he never makes the mistake of searching his own name.

But watching him against Watford it was tempting to wonder about stalled progress, and a comfort zone at the wrong moment in his career. He has been more productive since Christmas, has made an effort to make more decisive forward runs.

But he remains a strange footballer, a creative midfielder who seems to be always shuttling in vaguely the right area, but who somehow ends up doing very little actual creating. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has shown the fruits of moving on to develop. Iwobi still seems unsure of his place in the pecking order, too mannered to have any real sharp edges, and in danger of becoming a poster boy for late-Wenger drift. Barney Ronay
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... end-action
The stupid Arsenal fans that should be supportive, following the stupid talking heads to villify the guy, dontworry he would come through this patch like Lingard
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Iwobi needs to be bold, trust his instincts and go for it.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kabalega wrote:Iwobi needs to be bold, trust his instincts and go for it.

:agree:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

1naija wrote:Iwobi was very good and played just as good as any Arsenal player on the field in that game. He was involved with the only goal Arsenal scored and never lost balls so I am not sure what else he is supposed to do given how the entire has been playing.

On the contrary, I think Iwobi has actually played his way to a regular starter in the SE like Victor Moses and Mikel, as opposed to when he was coming off the bench. As far as I am concerned the only confirmed starters in the SE today are Mikel, Ndidi, Victor Moses, Iwobi, Balogun and Ekong!
:agree:

Seconded

and KPOMED!!