DOOR OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS BEFORE WORLD CUP - Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
DOOR OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS BEFORE WORLD CUP - Rohr

Post by Obong »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/08/ro ... -cup-list/

There are still chances of the Super Eagles of Nigeria going to the World Cup with some players who have not been a part of the set up since the appointment of coach Gernot Rohr.

Yesterday the coach released his list of players for the games against Poland and Serbia respectively, and in the list he handed call ups to four new players who have not tasted action under his guide.

Al-Ahly Junior Ajayi, Torino of Italy Joel Obi, Stephen Eze of Lokomotiv Plovdiv and Gabriel Okechukwu of Akwa United were all named for the first time by Rohr in the 28 man list released yesterday.

According to the coach, they could be more new faces in the team in their subsequent games, because he intends to make the team competitive to bring out the best in his favoured players.

” We must keep the door always open for new players because if we say we have already our players there’s no competition and it’s not good for the level of all the team”, the coach remarked.

Ade Emmanuel
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: DOOR OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS BEFORE WORLD CUP - Rohr

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Of course it is! What else is he supposed to say?
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The door can only be closed after they submit the 30 names to FIFA, so this should be a no-brainer as anybody can get hurt from now till the tournament.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

All these self consolatory threads in the hopes that Enyeama will be called up... OK o :rotf:
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Tobi17 wrote:All these self consolatory threads in the hopes that Enyeama will be called up... OK o :rotf:
Tobi17, you bet! Until the list of 30(or is it 35?) is submitted to FIFA, the door remains open to any Nigerian footballer found worthy by Rohr. :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Of course it is! What else is he supposed to say?
Exactly! I don't know why things like this is making the news
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote:All these self consolatory threads in the hopes that Enyeama will be called up... OK o :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Na wah, okaaaaay-oo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Na wah, okaaaaay-oo!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Where’s Shola Ameobi when you need him?Upon on those players mentioned above only Joel Obi is worth trying out,it’s better to only look at proven quality as time is running out June is around the corner.I think Nigeria has past the stage of doing players favours or being lazy and just filling spaces on the bus!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Obong wrote:
Tobi17, you bet! Until the list of 30(or is it 35?) is submitted to FIFA, the door remains open to any Nigerian footballer found worthy by Rohr. :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Obong, why are you staking your reputation on this issue and in this manner? It's so unnecessary. Is it worth it? What should be about what's best for SE is now a game. I think most fair minded people can understand the rational of not taking a player that has just recovered from a serious injury and still trying to regain fitness (nevermind match fitness) to the World Cup. I think virtually all people here appreciate what Enyeama did for the SE and we have some irritated by the way he quit SE, but even those people have moved on. But you guys have been drawing so much negativity towards him on this WC team invitation which he doesn't deserve. He doesn't deserve to have his name associated with houseboys, agents, tribe men etc. You also don't need to stake your rep on Enyeama making the list. It's very unnecessary, think about it.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

felarey wrote:
Obong wrote:
Obong, why are you staking your reputation on this issue and in this manner? It's so unnecessary. Is it worth it? What should be about what's best for SE is now a game. I think most fair minded people can understand the rational of not taking a player that has just recovered from a serious injury and still trying to regain fitness (nevermind match fitness) to the World Cup. I think virtually all people here appreciate what Enyeama did for the SE and we have some irritated by the way he quit SE, but even those people have moved on. But you guys have been drawing so much negativity towards him on this WC team invitation which he doesn't deserve. He doesn't deserve to have his name associated with houseboys, agents, tribe men etc. You also don't need to stake your rep on Enyeama making the list. It's very unnecessary, think about it.
Felarey, you are being too smart for your own good. Did I make up the story? Has it been proven false? Did I not state the source and the link as prescribed by forum rules? It goes without saying, and is indeed logical for Rohr to keep the door open even if slight. Granted, we have the core of the team and anyone who has closely followed the team can name about 18 players sure to be on the plane to Russia. But, even our own history has shown that it is eminently possible for a player or players to crash the team ahead of the final 23. I like to illustrate with our 1994 legendary World Cup team. Even after winning the AFCON earlier that year, and even after the qualifiers were concluded, Chidi Nwanu and Mike Emenalo made the team ( note that they both started every match until Italy knocked us out- bar Emenalo who started from the second match. Also, remember how Rufai made the 1998 team?). The post has nothing to do with Enyeama or my well-known stance that he should have at least been invited to be assessed by the goalkeeper coaches. It was simply my posting a story I felt was current and relevant to our World Cup preparations. Owngoal can attest to their stories. I'm just a messenger to the forum.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Obong wrote:
felarey wrote:
Obong wrote:
Felarey, you are being too smart for your own good. Did I make up the story? Has it been proven false? Did I not state the source and the link as prescribed by forum rules? It goes without saying, and is indeed logical for Rohr to keep the door open even if slight. Granted, we have the core of the team and anyone who has closely followed the team can name about 18 players sure to be on the plane to Russia. But, even our own history has shown that it is eminently possible for a player or players to crash the team ahead of the final 23. I like to illustrate with our 1994 legendary World Cup team. Even after winning the AFCON earlier that year, and even after the qualifiers were concluded, Chidi Nwanu and Mike Emenalo made the team ( note that they both started every match until Italy knocked us out- bar Emenalo who started from the second match. Also, remember how Rufai made the 1998 team?). The post has nothing to do with Enyeama or my well-known stance that he should have at least been invited to be assessed by the goalkeeper coaches. It was simply my posting a story I felt was current and relevant to our World Cup preparations. Owngoal can attest to their stories. I'm just a messenger to the forum.
My friend please stop being a subtle liar. Everybody in this forum knows you are not altruisitic but only motivated by tribal inclinations. This your incessant reference to Chidi Nwani and Emenalo does not hold water in any form. Heartily I'm worried about you . Hopefully you don't hurt yourself when Enyema is excluded in the final list which I'm almost 99.9% sure he will be excluded. This Enyema this and that is becoming inordinate infuriating . What did Nigeria accomplish all the years he was manning our goal post . Was it one heartbroken disappointment to another, most often which he immensely contributed to a lot of them. This your continuous self centered proclivities have become inane at best . As selfish as you are tell your tribes men to produce another player capable of representing your people in the national team. We can no longer regurgitate our vomit
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
Obong wrote:
felarey wrote:
Obong wrote:
My friend please stop being a subtle liar. Everybody in this forum knows you are not altruisitic but only motivated by tribal inclinations. This your incessant reference to Chidi Nwani and Emenalo does not hold water in any form. Heartily I'm worried about you . Hopefully you don't hurt yourself when Enyema is excluded in the final list which I'm almost 99.9% sure he will be excluded. This Enyema this and that is becoming inordinate infuriating . What did Nigeria accomplish all the years he was manning our goal post . Was it one heartbroken disappointment to another, most often which he immensely contributed to a lot of them. This your continuous self centered proclivities have become inane at best . As selfish as you are tell your tribes men to produce another player capable of representing your people in the national team. We can no longer regurgitate our vomit
Rubbish.
He should not support someone he believes in simply because they come from the same place?
Okay now: don't let me ever see you support an Igbo man again because by your own warped logic, it can never be "altruistic" and can only be "motivated by tribal inclinations".

Everything with you primitive myopics is seen through a tribal lens.
What about the numerous other players he champions?
What about all those other Nigerians that are calling for Enyeama?
What is their excuse?
Ewu.

I'm sure when the day inevitably comes when your head is to be used for isiewu peppersoup, you go first ask whether the person wey go chop am na Igbo or Yoruba. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Obong wrote:
felarey wrote:
Obong wrote:
Rubbish.
He should not support someone he believes in simply because they come from the same place?
Okay now: don't let me ever see you support an Igbo man again because by your own warped logic, it can never be "altruistic" and can only be "motivated by tribal inclinations".

What is their excuse?
Ewu.

I'm sure when the day inevitably comes when your head is to be used for isiewu peppersoup, you go first ask whether the person wey go chop am na Igbo or Yoruba. :taunt:
How come I'm not surprise . Surely both of you see things through this same prism . Only people that are selectively blind or cut out from this same garment that can not see Obong's continuous proclivities . It is so glaring and lucid even Steven Wonders can see it. Every other person can be calling for inclusion of Enyema with altruistic intention but absolutely not Obong.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Obong wrote:
felarey wrote:
Obong wrote:
Rubbish.

What is their excuse?
Ewu.

How come I'm not surprise . Surely both of you see things through this same prism .
The expected response.
Only people that are selectively blind or cut out from this same garment that can not see Obong's continuous proclivities . It is so glaring and lucid even Steven Wonders can see it. Every other person can be calling for inclusion of Enyema with altruistic intention but absolutely not Obong.
Actually, the highlighted is the perfect reason why people like you and your 'ilks' can see only tribalism even when it is not there. And that is because you cannot think outside that rattling metal box you carry around by way of a skull.
Thank God for football. It has forced you to provide small space for rational thought. On 'Rant and Rave' however, you are the very thing you are decrying here.

I am stoutly defending Obong because the argument to consider Enyeam has merit, but ALSO because you are the last person here that should be pointing fingers ...(well, not quite. There are a few of your 'ilks' that are more qualified to carry last). :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bully12 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Obong wrote:
felarey wrote:
Obong wrote:
Rubbish.

What is their excuse?
Ewu.

How come I'm not surprise . Surely both of you see things through this same prism . Only people that are selectively blind or cut out from this same garment that can not see Obong's continuous proclivities . It is so glaring and lucid even Steven Wonders can see it. Every other person can be calling for inclusion of Enyema with altruistic intention but absolutely not Obong.
Bully12,

Bros, you dey fall persin hand on this matter, TBH. Think through this stuff. The fact that I support Enyeama's return, would that mean that I think through the same prism? There are many on this site who support the return of Enyeama based on their strong belief that he is the best NIGERIAN goalkeeper at the moment and nothing else. Why can't Obong or Damunk belong to that group? Should Obong be disqualified because he may comes (If, in fact, this is true) from the same place as Enyeama?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Enugu II wrote:
Bully12,

Bros, you dey fall persin hand on this matter, TBH. Think through this stuff. The fact that I support Enyeama's return, would that mean that I think through the same prism? There are many on this site who support the return of Enyeama based on their strong belief that he is the best NIGERIAN goalkeeper at the moment and nothing else. Why can't Obong or Damunk belong to that group? Should Obong be disqualified because he may comes (If, in fact, this is true) from the same place as Enyeama?
I was about to say the same thing until I read your response. If Enyeama gets to playing regularly and deemed good enough by Rorh, I will wholeheartedly accept the call up. Call ups are only on merit and inputs from agents like me.#AgentForBetterNigeria :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ok guys! No need to continue this argument about Enyeama. Let's leave the whole thing to the team coaches. If Enyeama is invited, then so be it and if not, so be it as well. The bottom-line is: May our team (The Super-eagles) be successful (make it to the quarter-final); at least, in Russia.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

mace04, Damunk, Enugu II, cito and odas, thanks for the reasoned responses. As Rohr has shown even with his March friendlies list, any subsequent invitations are entirely up to him and his crew. Not to a presumed "tribalist" or naysayers!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Obong wrote:
felarey wrote:
Obong wrote:
Okies if you say so. I'm not one to accuse you or anyone of tribalism, infact I see it as a positive when someone supports a player from his ethnic group, community, family or whatever. I'm just curious as to why it's important to let us know something so obvious and goes without reason that the final list is not out and players can be added. Does anyone really need to hear that? Also if you feel Enyeama should be assessed by the coaches, could that be preferential treatment as he hasn't met the conditions to be invited based on current form which should drive invitation to the national team. Is it just about inviting him? Could this be biased sentiment?
For a professional player not playing matches is a huge psychological and physical stress on it's own. The WC may not even be what's on his mind right now. He needs to focus on getting back to what he does best to earn income and take care of himself. Does he really need the hullabaloo and distraction of a WC invitation with all the pressure and expectation when he's not ready??? You could break the man and the team too. I think anyone that really cares about Enyeama would meet him where he's at.
The discussion has evolved from if he's in shape he should be recalled to invite him for assessment. By the way, I don't trust Owngoal, they've proven to be part of a pact to bring Enyeama back to the SE.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Enugu II wrote: Bully12,

Enugu, you cannot claim ignorance of the negative vibe the likes of Obong, Damunk etc. have managed to draw towards Enyeama in the last year. Obong makes no secret of his association with his origin and is proud of it. His posts suggest he has a level of relationship or access if I can call it that with Enyeama that ordinarily most do not have. These are good things and a plus on this site. While I agree that calling out someone based on familial ties puts a nasty slant on the topic, we cannot sweep it in a black hole and claim it's not a factor. Especially when clearly, there's preferential bias that cannot be refuted. Has there ever been a player on CE recovering from long term injury, isn't playing, given consideration by the coaches, doesn't meet them, yet repeatedly advocated for to join the team? Talkless one going to the WC. This is the issue and we can't just brush it aside focusing on other circumstances such as overlooked fit players that made the team at a later date. An opposition is being actively fuelled towards Vincent Enyeama unfairly and unnecessarily.

Also the notion that Enyeama may be seen as the best goalkeeping option by some is sportingly unreasonable. While he has a body of work behind him, current form is a determining factor and if he's not playing, showing videos of someone in the process of regaining form, seeing him as best option is at best nostalgia. Those that say he shouldn't be invited are not saying so because they hate him or want the SE to fail.